PDA

View Full Version : I'm not giving up on my Sooners just yet...

itsok
9/8/2009, 11:16 PM
I know the line played lile crap and got Sam hurt...
but, if someone had told me a month ago that we would get
1. Balogun decertified
2. Tom Wort - out for the season
3. Our two centers hurt
4. Gresham hurt - out for the season
5. Sam knocked out in the first half of the first game for 2-4 weeks

i would have said lay off the pipe...
well, it just happened that way...we have to regroup and start winning games
i will be supporting the team even if its a tough year ahead.

spatton713
9/8/2009, 11:20 PM
im with your bro who coulda predicted this **** damnit man

nighttrain12
9/8/2009, 11:31 PM
What do you mean 'just yet'? You should never give up on the Sooners.
If we lose another game, then no National Championship.
If we lose a couple of Big 12 games, then no Big 12 title.
If we lose 5 games, then we can still shoot for over .500
If we start out 0-11, then at least let's beat the damn Aggies. :)

itsok
9/8/2009, 11:33 PM
night,
i had season tickets in 1998 ok!!!!!!
:)

stoopified
9/8/2009, 11:36 PM
Me either. I was so gullible I kept thinking Boo was going to turn things around.If I didn't give up then,I sure as hell won't now.

OKC-SLC
9/9/2009, 12:02 AM
if someone had told me a month ago that we would get
1. Balogun decertified
2. Tom Wort - out for the season
3. Our two centers hurt
4. Gresham hurt - out for the season
5. Sam knocked out in the first half of the first game for 2-4 weeks

I would have shot myself in the face.

Crucifax Autumn
9/9/2009, 12:09 AM
I never give up on the Sooners. Hell, I was pulling for OUr boys to win it on the replay.

olevetonahill
9/9/2009, 12:13 AM
LSU a year or so ago ?

I never give up on the Sooners. Hell, I was pulling for OUr boys to win it on the replay.
Ive watched it 4 times , Still think we pull it out

JLEW1818
9/9/2009, 12:17 AM
LSU a year or so ago ?

Ive watched it 4 times , Still think we pull it out

I've lost money betting on the reruns :mad: :D

Crucifax Autumn
9/9/2009, 12:28 AM
See...You two guys get it.

Barry Stoops
9/9/2009, 12:45 AM
I've lost money betting on the reruns :mad: :D

Hell I've done that. betting with Myself

En_Fuego
9/9/2009, 12:49 AM
I was watching the rerun of the MNC of OU and LSU and I was biting my fingernails in the 4th quarter.

Crucifax Autumn
9/9/2009, 02:09 AM
That's exactly the kinda **** I do, and I do it with much older games!

pac10SUX
9/9/2009, 02:14 AM
I was watching one of many times in the past few years we beat Misery and got confused on which game it was. Surprise :D surprise when it was a lot closer than I expected.

Crucifax Autumn
9/9/2009, 02:46 AM
LOL...I do that from time to time on old Nebraska games. Occasionally texass games too.

Okie35
9/9/2009, 04:57 AM

Exactly and the National Title & Big 12 ship are still there for the taking. The team still has top tier athletes. 1 damn loss and a few injuries and ppl are down and out. I really don't get it. It happens.

Okie35
9/9/2009, 04:59 AM
LSU a year or so ago ?

Yea even though that was BS it can still happen again but I don't want 2 losses.

StoopTroup
9/9/2009, 05:11 AM
That's exactly the kinda **** I do, and I do it with much older games!

Maybe you could splice the Ewe Von Schamann kick into the ending of the bYu game for me to watch. :D

http://www.soonerguys.com/images/uwe.jpg

StoopTroup
9/9/2009, 05:18 AM
Exactly and the National Title & Big 12 ship are still there for the taking. The team still has top tier athletes. 1 damn loss and a few injuries and ppl are down and out. I really don't get it. It happens.

Some folks in Oklahoma have been through a lot. They have had job losses and watched as a President they are unsure of tries to straighten things out. Some feel the end is near for that alone. Throw into the mix that they might work with some aggie or texas fans and you have the makings of a near suicide with what has happened to our Sooners this last two games.

Many of us have seen the good and the bad and have a bit tOUgher skin. That's why many of us are here to say "Quit worrying about this and act like a Sooner!".

You've got to accept the cards your dealt and go on rooting and watching the Team you love to watch post another one in the History Books.

GO SOONERS ! ! !

SoonerE
9/9/2009, 06:14 AM
Some folks in Oklahoma have been through a lot. They have had job losses and watched as a President they are unsure of tries to straighten things out. Some feel the end is near for that alone. Throw into the mix that they might work with some aggie or texas fans and you have the makings of a near suicide with what has happened to our Sooners this last two games.

Many of us have seen the good and the bad and have a bit tOUgher skin. That's why many of us are here to say "Quit worrying about this and act like a Sooner!".

You've got to accept the cards your dealt and go on rooting and watching the Team you love to watch post another one in the History Books.

GO SOONERS ! ! !

Well said.... BOOMER!!

StoopTroup
9/9/2009, 04:44 PM
SOONER ! ! !

lexusooner
9/9/2009, 04:47 PM
Heck--I didnt give up "my Sooners" during the Blake years--I sure aint gonna give up now!!!

BOOMER!!

soonermix
9/9/2009, 04:53 PM
i wouldn't call it giving up on my Sooners.
i have just re-focused my expectations this year.
they have gone from "how bad are we going to beat flawduh in the MNC game"
to "how good of a coaching job are our guys going to do after that display against the fightin mormons"

StoopTroup
9/9/2009, 07:15 PM
i wouldn't call it giving up on my Sooners.
i have just re-focused my expectations this year.
they have gone from "how bad are we going to beat flawduh in the MNC game"
to "how good of a coaching job are our guys going to do after that display against the fightin mormons"

That's not really refocusing though...your really just asking a question.

Have faith in them. Heck...say a prayer for them even. I'd say a lot of players could use the extra help right now too.

unbiasedtruth
9/9/2009, 07:31 PM
I'll never quit on the Sooners. I'll yell until no voice, I will pound on anything that is loud to make noise until my hands are bloodied and bruised, I will support until there is no breath left in my body.

guess it goes back to being a kid, 6 years old and my 1st game in Bud's last year, 8-9 years old, yelling "chinstrap" as the players came off the field to the "old" dressing room under the SW corner of the stands and Eddie Hinton being kind enough to give me his game day chinstrap and then signing it for me, or maybe it was when I started to sell concessions in 1969 at the home games....

I dont bleed Crimson and Cream, I live it everyday and there isnt a soul around me that doesnt know where my loyalty lies and if need be, I can sit at Owen field by myself and root on the Sooners. I dont need no stinkin limp noodle fans by my side....

I am thankful everyday that I am able to do all these things..... win or lose.....

sidewinder517
9/9/2009, 08:02 PM
If you survived the smellinbugger year, then you can handle any situation the Sooners get into. :D

madillsoonerfan5353
9/9/2009, 08:23 PM
SOONER!!!

itsok
9/10/2009, 12:20 AM
i have to admit that i was very upset saturday, i got off work at five, came home, my wife was out shopping with some friends, i was all by myself...after i saw how bad the line was playing, i was very, very upset...good thing there wasnt anybody around!! hehe...but, hey we got a bad deal...now we have to support the team...hopefully they can turn it around and get better...