PDA

View Full Version : Official "Thanks for everything, Gresham" thread

Hella Sideburns
9/8/2009, 08:17 PM
I remember when he was being recruited, the knock was that he wasn't a hard worker.

I think he laid all those worries to rest. He gave up a year of millions to come back and give all of us another championship. For some reason (tim tebow sacrificing third-world babies is the likely culprit), the football gods decided to not even let him see the field.

Anyway, props to Gresham, he was as good a tight end as we'll see at OU for quite a while.

delhalew
9/8/2009, 08:23 PM
I will always appreciate your efforts and will not blame you if you move on, once you are well.

I will look for you to great things in your future.

Thank you, Jermaine Gresham.

OK2U
9/8/2009, 08:30 PM
So frickin' sad.
I wonder how far he'll fall in the draft.
Could he get a medical redshirt/hardship waiver??

His leadership from the sideline will be invaluable.

GrapevineSooner
9/8/2009, 08:34 PM
So frickin' sad.
I wonder how far he'll fall in the draft.
Could he get a medical redshirt/hardship waiver??

His leadership from the sideline will be invaluable.

Could he?

I suppose.

But he's given so much to the University that he honestly doesn't need to give us anymore. He needs to think about his career at the next level.

Thanks for everything, Jermaine. And good luck in your recovery.

spatton713
9/8/2009, 08:36 PM
agreed i cant imagine how he feels right now
thanks for the memories gresham good luck in the nfl your gonna only get better

yermom
9/8/2009, 08:45 PM
him and Bradford both

the football gods hate us :(

i really hope to see him play on Sundays. he's a lot of fun to watch

VA Sooner
9/8/2009, 08:47 PM
Good Luck, Gresham. Hell of an athlete.

rainiersooner
9/8/2009, 08:58 PM
thanks for everything brother. I hope you have a long and lucrative NFL career.

CK Sooner
9/8/2009, 09:00 PM
thanks for everything brother. I hope you have a long and lucrative NFL career.

I have a feeling he will.

As long as he doesn't go crazy with his money, he should be set for life.

G8trGr8t
9/8/2009, 09:01 PM
Hope he comes back full strength. He was a match up nightmare.

Was he carrying insurance? Same thing happened to TE Cornelius Ingram when he passed up the draft for his senior year and blew out his knee. He got drafted in the third round and blew his knee out again in practice with the Eagles.

JLEW1818
9/8/2009, 09:06 PM
Thanks Gresham

i really will miss you

UTgolfer
9/8/2009, 09:08 PM
Sucks what happened to him. Hope his rehab goes smoothly.

setem
9/8/2009, 09:08 PM
Not to take anything away from Jermaine but Hanna is no slouch. That being said he is no Jermaine Gresham yet! I remember when I first heard of him. Bubba Mosses caught two TD's the Bedlam game the year we were recruiting JG. Coincidence?I think not! Jermaine was at the game and we did that so he would see we work our TE's into the system. We should all thank Bubba for bringing us such a great TE.

Jermaine has been my favorite player on offense since he came here and he will be my favorite player in the NFL. Thanks for the memories!

sooneron
9/8/2009, 09:11 PM
Sucks, get well Jermaine!

olevetonahill
9/8/2009, 09:14 PM
We can say what we want
I think BOTH come back
Id rather they go on to Glory bucks
But thats just MY gut feelin

MyT Oklahoma
9/8/2009, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the memories (especially that crucial third down catch against Nebraska in the 2006 Big 12 Championship Game.. priceless) and best wishes always. Glad you chose to be a Sooner.

Hella Sideburns
9/8/2009, 10:11 PM
Don't forget his catch-that-wasn't in the title game last year against Florida. Would have been a first and goal had there not been a hold on the play.

Eielson
9/8/2009, 10:14 PM
So is he for sure done? I knew he went in for surgery, but didn't know they figured out what was wrong yet.

TXBOOMER
9/8/2009, 10:14 PM
Thanks for coming back to give us a shot at a title. Best wishes and hopes for a long stay in the NFL.

Eielson
9/8/2009, 10:15 PM
So is he for sure done? I knew he went in for surgery, but didn't know they figured out what was wrong yet.

Okay, I see that it is a done deal.

CaliBornSoonerBred
9/8/2009, 10:19 PM
It's been so much fun to see the freak of an athlete known as Jermaine Gresham running around on Owen Field and I can't imagine the heartbreak and disappointment he must feel right now. Here's to hoping he has a bright, injury free future after his time in Norman is over and done.

On a side note, if he falls too far in draft projections......does anyone see him coming back for another year besides Vet? I'm with Vet and could see both returning, maybe just wishful thinking but I think it's a realistic possibility with Gresh.

delhalew
9/8/2009, 10:28 PM
At OU anything is possible.

olevetonahill
9/8/2009, 10:31 PM
Okay, I see that it is a done deal.

You sharp as a bowling Ball aint ya ?:D

madillsoonerfan5353
9/8/2009, 10:37 PM
I'm gonna miss his SWAGGER, blocking the tunnel against Washington, the horns down after every TD in RRS!!! Remember when Iggy had to jump on him in the EZ against the Bearcat cus one of them wouldn't let his legs go and he looked like he was gonna kick some ace!!! Good luck at the next level and THANKS for everything!!!

BOOMER!

BoulderSooner79
9/8/2009, 10:40 PM
+1 on all the best wishes and good luck on Sundays. Hope you get lots of free trips to Honolulu in February.

Desert Sapper
9/8/2009, 11:08 PM
Really tough break for a great Sooner and awesome TE and football player. Thanks for all the awesome memories, Jermaine. You nearly overcame Florida by yourself last year.

I have a feeling he will be able to bounce into the top 10 with a good performance at the combine.

Laelaface
9/8/2009, 11:25 PM
Personally I think it would be very cool if Jermaine saw this or someone showed him. Man, we are but a drop in the bucket the number of fans he has and will have. A man of talent, character, and leadership. We're going to miss you man, and we all hope you have a speedy recovery and get to back to what you love quickly.

If I get lucky enough to ever see him out, I'd buy him many beers.

Gonna miss you man

Hotrod3157
9/8/2009, 11:34 PM
Thanks for all the highlights you left us from a brilliant career. Hope that rehabin the knee goes as smooth as possible. Im gonna miss the jump catches with him kicking his legs out always liked that and he would even do it if he was running wide open.

Cappy
9/9/2009, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the poke game last year, most importantly. I will always remember his juggling acts that day and sprinting down the middle of the field untouched.

All the best to you, Jermaine.

OKC-SLC
9/9/2009, 12:31 AM
word.

Crucifax Autumn
9/9/2009, 01:34 AM
I'm in on this one and I wish him the best of luck whether he sticks around another year or goes to the draft. I personally think in this case returning for another year will get him a bigger paycheck since he'll be regarded as an injury risk if he doesn't come back and play healthy.

buffalobill989
9/9/2009, 08:09 AM
thanks for all the memories. ill miss watching you play. whatever you chose to do best wishes. hopefully you can be a bill and i can watch you next year:D

Eielson
9/9/2009, 05:11 PM
You sharp as a bowling Ball aint ya ?:D

BOWLING BALLS AREN'T SHARP?!?#?#?!?!

cjames317
9/9/2009, 05:36 PM
While at my son's ortho appt this afternoon, I saw a photo in ESPN magazine of Trent, Gerald, Gresh and Sam hangin out with a little Xbox. I got creeped out when I noticed that Gresh and Sam were watching while Trent and Gerald were playing.

Get well soon guys.