View Full Version : 14th in the coaches poll

JLEW1818
9/8/2009, 01:17 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/usatpoll.htm

remember , the bcs = coaches poll, harris, computers

(merge if posted)

kevpks
9/8/2009, 01:28 PM
Not too bad. I'm glad Miami won. It would be nice if they were good enough for that to be a solid or elite win, because we ARE going to win. First of course we need to take Potatoe State and Tulsa to the woodshed.

BoulderSooner79
9/8/2009, 01:29 PM
Polls are meaningless right now. OU has the schedule to climb the polls as long as they win their games. The other side of that sword is that there are several teams on that schedule capable of beating OU. The only poll that counts is the final regular season BCS poll and the final BCS poll which is just a formality. (Okay, a remote chance of another 3-way tie would make the pre-CCG poll important).

sooneron
9/8/2009, 01:29 PM
I'm surprised we didn't drop out of the top 15 with so few ranked losses this wknd.

JLEW1818
9/8/2009, 01:31 PM
Polls are meaningless right now. OU has the schedule to climb the polls as long as they win their games. The other side of that sword is that there are several teams on that schedule capable of beating OU. The only poll that counts is the final regular season BCS poll and the final BCS poll which is just a formality. (Okay, a remote chance of another 3-way tie would make the pre-CCG poll important).

agree

but

for the coaches to leave us at 14, and not drop us to like 20, is a good sign...

TXBOOMER
9/8/2009, 01:48 PM
Jlew Jlew Jlew....Dude I love the optimism. Boomer!

colinreturn
9/8/2009, 01:51 PM
this is more than great. it shows the pundits are putting the loss on sams shoulder, which is great for the postseason politics.

IMO if we win out we will get in over a undefeated big 10 team..etc.

BoulderSooner79
9/8/2009, 01:57 PM
Poll position is the least of the issues right now. If we repeat the number of mistakes from last Saturday, how many teams would beat us? UT for sure. And how many others out of the list of Miami, Kansas, NU, OSU, Baylor...? This ranking could be a blessing just to help with mental focus.

colinreturn
9/8/2009, 02:04 PM
Poll position is the least of the issues right now. If we repeat the number of mistakes from last Saturday, how many teams would beat us? UT for sure. And how many others out of the list of Miami, Kansas, NU, OSU, Baylor...? This ranking could be a blessing just to help with mental focus.

that too. but this thread is about the poll position. there are hundreds of threads bashing the way we played...

BoulderSooner79
9/8/2009, 02:10 PM
Okay, poll position is about as expected - I wish it were lower. We may already be out of the title if 2 other BCS conference champs go undefeated, but history is on our side that it won't happen. If we are fighting it out with other 1-loss teams, we will have beaten UT, OSU, Miami, NU, Kansas and the big12 north champ and we will have the longest winning streak of any other 1-loss team. Still no guarantees, but that should be enough incentive to not give up on any possible outcome.

Yankeeracers
9/8/2009, 03:22 PM
I wouldn't mind if they dropped out of the 20, seriously. After last years circus these guys just need to focus on football, not that they aren't but we know how good they are.

StoopTroup
9/8/2009, 05:55 PM
I wouldn't mind if they dropped out of the 20, seriously. After last years circus these guys just need to focus on football, not that they aren't but we know how good they are.

That doesn"t make any sense at all. If your implying that putting a Big XII Championship Trophy in the Switzer Center and losing a National Championship Game that put texas longwhorns in a near fatal manic depressive state was a circus...then I'd take that circus again over what folks like you are already imply about this years team.

GKeeper316
9/8/2009, 06:23 PM
we are right where we should be...

byu jumping from 20 into the top 10 is a bit of a stretch tho imo.

A-M
9/8/2009, 06:40 PM
I'm a little surprise that we drop even lower. Sure glad that we didn't!

Jdog
9/8/2009, 07:43 PM
Let this be a lesson to any of us who think kids shouldn't leave school when they can hit the NFL lotter.