PDA

View Full Version : Sooners on this week's SI Cover

orangekaje
9/8/2009, 10:57 AM
Well, kinda...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/cover/featured/11287/index.htm

adoniijahsooner
9/8/2009, 11:00 AM
Wow. Is the season over for OSU? Last year you guys beat WSU pretty bad at their place; come to find out they stunk.

LawtonBoy74
9/8/2009, 11:07 AM
People are over-hyping the cowboys..they are good but how good is the Georgia team they just beat?? They lost two NFL players(Stafford,Moreno)

BoulderSooner79
9/8/2009, 11:28 AM
Cowpokes are doomed.

SoonerDood
9/8/2009, 12:10 PM
you make the cover of SI, and it still reeks of little brother envy. "Wee wun and ewe-owe lost!"

Okie35
9/8/2009, 12:14 PM
I find that title hilarious and I'll do the same thing w/ Tech last year. When they were hyped up and then those ppl ended up feeling bitter after that game. So yup keep on hyping up the Pokes. I love it!

sooner94
9/8/2009, 02:08 PM
ROFL! Now I'm not happy with our performance on Saturday like many other OU fans, but to even insinuate that OSU is the new sheriff in town in the state of OK is flat out stupid.

SoonerLB
9/8/2009, 02:29 PM
This is what happens when one over-hyped team beats another over-hyped team. It'll all come out in the wash and the pokies will be down where they belong. ;)

Yankeeracers
9/8/2009, 02:50 PM
OSU, that's funny!

tfoolry
9/8/2009, 02:54 PM
I just puked.

silverwheels
9/8/2009, 03:07 PM
I see it more as OSU can't even get on the cover without big brother being mentioned. You guys still have a long ways to go to get out of OU's shadow, regardless the results of week 1.

deweydw
9/8/2009, 03:24 PM
I guess this means I'll be betting on UH this weekend.

Jello Biafra
9/8/2009, 03:29 PM
is that picture before or after he got knocked the f*%K out?

picasso
9/8/2009, 03:29 PM
you make the cover of SI, and it still reeks of little brother envy. "Wee wun and ewe-owe lost!"

This.

Those poor suckers can't do anything in football without running to Norman and seeking acceptance.

You guys are like the kid that get's picked last in pickup ball.

Jello Biafra
9/8/2009, 03:31 PM
the "hot carl" of college football

Bourbon St Sooner
9/8/2009, 04:05 PM
I know Saturday was an aggie's wet dream come true - mostly because of OU losing - but please come back when you guys have won something important.

Cowpoke football - Week 1 National Champs

picasso
9/8/2009, 04:07 PM
I know Saturday was an aggie's wet dream come true - mostly because of OU losing - but please come back when you guys have won something important.

Cowpoke football - Week 1 National Champs

don't forget Bradford's getting hurt. some sadly true colors coming out in some folks.

Jello Biafra
9/8/2009, 04:09 PM
don't forget Bradford's getting hurt. some sadly true colors coming out in some folks.

couple that with the fact that reports are out that gresham is done for the year and THEY feel as though THIS is thier year to finally win some sort of trophy.

StoopTroup
9/8/2009, 04:17 PM
Well, kinda...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/cover/featured/11287/index.htm

Looks like they let traber write the title.

Good thing they spell checked it.

OUAlumni1990
9/8/2009, 04:28 PM
Are the pukes gonna choke again this year waiting for that championship (of any kind)?

OUAlumni1990
9/8/2009, 04:29 PM
It's more heated talking to a whorn because they actually have some hardware in their trophy cabinet. Pukes don't even have a trophy cabinet yet...

sooneron
9/8/2009, 09:19 PM
Looks like they let Dexter write the title.

Good thing they spell checked it.

fixed:texan:

sooneron
9/8/2009, 09:21 PM
The sad thing is, during this weekend's golf tourney they were interviewing Verplank and asking him about the big cowboy win and he said what made it even better was OU losing.

Sad little aggots. That dude has made $$$ and he's still a red headed stepchild at heart. What a monstrous inferiority complex that pervades that stinkin town.

TXBOOMER
9/8/2009, 09:51 PM
What a DBag statement from Verplank.

SOONER44EVER
9/9/2009, 02:10 AM
It's more heated talking to a whorn because they actually have some hardware in their trophy cabinet. Pukes don't even have a trophy cabinet yet...

They are busy up in stillwater producing medallions as we speak! :D

Crucifax Autumn
9/9/2009, 02:49 AM
No one knows how good any team is until 3-4 games in at the very least. There's a reason the first BCS rankings come so late in the season.

badger
9/9/2009, 07:33 AM
The Poke fans are extremely excited about this and the bashing of the fairweather fan cheatin' gooners.

Alas, the ones who lose the most are the ones who are the most ill-equipped to deal with losses...and there is no question that they are going to lose this season. When they lose, their meltdown will be greater than any meltdown before.

picasso
9/9/2009, 08:50 AM
The sad thing is, during this weekend's golf tourney they were interviewing Verplank and asking him about the big cowboy win and he said what made it even better was OU losing.

Sad little aggots. That dude has made $$$ and he's still a red headed stepchild at heart. What a monstrous inferiority complex that pervades that stinkin town.

you have got to be kidding! Man that is sad.

I know that every time OU has had a big win, I had to wait and measure my happiness on what oSu ended up doing.:rolleyes:

TMcGee86
9/9/2009, 02:02 PM
all things considered, that is a pretty cool picture.

But I felt OSU would lose this weekend even before this, now I really think they lose. Trap game + SI jinx = sad pokes.

A-M
9/9/2009, 02:14 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I didn't think that OSU was that great in their win. They didn't do much until about 2 minutes left in the first half. And I haven't figured out why people have been think that Georgia is all that good either. So, lets see what happens in the next couple of months.

picasso
9/9/2009, 05:20 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I didn't think that OSU was that great in their win. They didn't do much until about 2 minutes left in the first half. And I haven't figured out why people have been think that Georgia is all that good either. So, lets see what happens in the next couple of months.

This.

The Pokes better cut back on the playful banter. It's going to come back to haunt them.

EstablishedSooner1967
9/9/2009, 05:48 PM
GREAT! They get SI and OU get the SI F-ing Jinks!

Peeb
9/9/2009, 06:01 PM
xxxx

rainiersooner
9/9/2009, 06:34 PM
When was the last time OSU was ranked higher than OU? Strange days indeed.

jdsooner
9/10/2009, 12:42 AM
Cowboys have it going--but for how long?
And yes, SI sucks.

Desert Sapper
9/10/2009, 07:11 AM
I can't hate the pokes. Good on them for winning their game. Wish we had similar success.

How can anybody hate the pokes. Everytime we do something with any measure of greatness, they have Sooner fans up in their face letting them know. Considering how much success we've had, can you even imagine what they must feel like, deep down in their pokie hearts?

Don't hate on them. Pity them.

Is it sad that they don't have any relevant championships? Yes.

Is it sad that they feel the need to rub our noses in anything bad that happens for us and anything good that happens for them? Yes.

Is it sad that they revel in pettiness? Yes.

But don't let it get you down, Sooners. The tables haven't turned just yet.

Root for these Aggies, so when we play them and beat them in Norman, it will be a huge deal.

I'm going to be on midtour leave in time to see our game against them in Norman and I have tickets. I want it to be for the Big 12 South.

sooneron
9/10/2009, 08:58 AM
Except for one Saturday of the year, I want them to win.

However, I do laugh my *** off when they lose.

Boomer.....
9/10/2009, 09:11 AM
When was the last time OSU was ranked higher than OU? Strange days indeed.

beer4me
9/10/2009, 09:18 AM
Ever hear of the SI jink's........jest sayn good luck with that :(

stoopified
9/10/2009, 04:57 PM
I can't like the pokes. Pi$$ on them for winning their game.

How can anybody NOT hate the pokes.

Is it sad that they feel the need to rub our noses in anything bad that happens for us and anything good that happens for them? Yes.

Is it sad that they revel in pettiness? YES.I don't know ANY Sooner afns who have felt the need to belttle Cowboy fans for OU DOMINATING them in OUr football series(it can't be called a rivalry). I have however had many Puke fans get in my face after OU loses to ANYONE. It doesn't matter if we beat them 52-9,42-14 or 61-41.The next game we lose here came the Neon Orange Cult members to deliver the harrasment.Most TRUE Sooner fans EXPECT to beat oSu,so why brag? We don't brag about beating Baylor either.

Orange Cult hatred and jealousy of Our great Crmson sucess makes them intolerable and by extension Orange State as a whole.

Soonerinatex
9/10/2009, 11:44 PM
Dez falls down on a baseball field and it makes the cover of SI !!??

sooner94
9/12/2009, 11:22 PM
Wow! Their reign as the premier college football program in Oklahoma lasted one week.

Way to go Pokes! Wonder if T-Boone is going to cut back on his donations now.

OUAlumni1990
9/12/2009, 11:37 PM
Has it ever lasted more than 1 week?

Their 15 seconds of fame are over....

tulsaoilerfan
9/13/2009, 12:17 AM
The true question is how long till they are put on probation? Every time they have success it seems like they end up in the NCAA jailhouse. :)

SoonerNate
9/13/2009, 03:13 AM
Their defense is horrific!

Landthief 1972
9/13/2009, 09:55 AM
Well, they can always say they were the 2009 OSU-Georgia National Champions, and no "gooner" can take that away from them. :stunned: :D

Pricetag
9/13/2009, 11:16 AM
The true question is how long till they are put on probation? Every time they have success it seems like they end up in the NCAA jailhouse. :)
They're going to cheat, if they haven't all ready. T. Boone is too determined to see them rise to the level he wants to see, and he has too much money. When they fail to reach it through facility improvements, they'll start buying players.

StoopTroup
9/13/2009, 11:19 AM
GREAT! They get SI and OU get the SI F-ing Jinks!

Not so fast my friend....lol

StoopTroup
9/13/2009, 11:21 AM
This.

The Pokes better cut back on the playful banter. It's going to come back to haunt them.

What's in your Crystal Ball for this week?

I need to call a bookie. :D

tulsaoilerfan
9/13/2009, 11:30 AM
Poor Pokes! :)

Desert Sapper
9/13/2009, 02:50 PM
I don't know ANY Sooner afns who have felt the need to belttle Cowboy fans for OU DOMINATING them in OUr football series(it can't be called a rivalry). I have however had many Puke fans get in my face after OU loses to ANYONE. It doesn't matter if we beat them 52-9,42-14 or 61-41.The next game we lose here came the Neon Orange Cult members to deliver the harrasment.Most TRUE Sooner fans EXPECT to beat oSu,so why brag? We don't brag about beating Baylor either.

Orange Cult hatred and jealousy of Our great Crmson sucess makes them intolerable and by extension Orange State as a whole.

This **** is laughable. Yes we do. We are some arrogant mother****ers. Hell, proof positive is all the immediate responses when they lost to Houston. It's a big cycle. They get in our face when we lose. We remember. We slap them in the face when they lose. etc.

I remember when they beat us in Norman, and we were all talking before hand about tickets to the big XII title game. Well, holy ****. They beat us. And they wouldn't let us forget about it. So we hated on them until we could beat their (not so) neon asses. Then they beat us again. And they rubbed our noses in it. So we hated them more.

Look. Les Miles was worth hating. He was a prick. Mike Gumby is an Okie. How can we hate our brothers? If nothing else, we should have been pulling for them to beat Houston. We wanted them to be undefeated so we could beat them and use them to boost us in the rankings.

I have Okie Lite family members. People, good people, that went to Pokie State. One is a Sooner fan, but couldn't get a good enough scholarship to OU. Bottom line is that Poke State supports the farmers more than OU. Kids can get Ag scholarships to OSU more readily than they can to OU. It didn't used to be that way. Maybe OU needs to start doing a better job to take care of the farmer base in the great state of Oklahoma. Problem is, David Boren is much more excited about building OU into an academic competitor with the Ivy league than about taking care of the FFA types. Maybe rightly so. OU costs a lot more. OU has a better academic reputation.

OSU, on the other hand, takes a hit from us because of some jacktastic fans that are maybe even more jacktastic because of their built up resentment for OU fans that kick them when they're down.

It would take generations to make OSU even half the football program that OU is. Tradition wise, championship wise, Heisman wise, etc. Hell, OU was a school before Oklahoma was a state. My bottom line is that OSU fans may never cheer for OU, but maybe we should cheer for them, because then beating them would be that much better.

How cool would it be to have two legitimate top 10 teams every year in our state, vying for a title?

picasso
9/13/2009, 05:00 PM
Umm Sapper, we may talk some smack but you name me one Sooner fan here or in all of China who would go out and buy the hat of a team that just beat oSu? I know 2 Poke fans who do this on a regular basis after an OU loss.

Not to mention the doosh I saw in my gym wearing the West Virginia shirt a few years ago.

Mixer!
9/13/2009, 05:22 PM
Boone State...making the mediocre look like world-beaters since 1891.

Landthief 1972
9/13/2009, 08:02 PM
Sapper would not have made this post if he had grown up in Kingfisher, home of the most petty, hateful and illogical OSU fans in the state. Kingfisher, which is also home to hundreds of OSU "alumni," aka idiots who went to OSU one semester and then flunked out.

Desert Sapper
9/14/2009, 06:53 AM
Umm Sapper, we may talk some smack but you name me one Sooner fan here or in all of China who would go out and buy the hat of a team that just beat oSu? I know 2 Poke fans who do this on a regular basis after an OU loss.

Not to mention the doosh I saw in my gym wearing the West Virginia shirt a few years ago.

Well, that's just retarded. But then, I can't name a poke fan that does that and I know quite a few. Most of them are farmers, though, and the crop wasn't that great this year, so I doubt they could afford gear for their own team, let alone a team that beat us. But I have gotten ribbed by them for our bowl woes, to which I reply, 'you have to make it to a BCS game to play in one. When you do that, call me.' Thought maybe this would be the year they did it. Maybe I was wrong.

And no, I didn't grow up in Kingfisher, but I've driven through it plenty enough on 81. It's a beautiful town. Sam Walton must have poured a mint into that place. I love the bricking down the middle of the main drag. North and Northwest OK is split pretty fairly to Sooners and Pokes. Most of my relatives on my dad's side live there. Most are Sooner fans. The farmers are all poke fans. And I've seen why. They're big into FFA, and Poke State takes good care of them. They've paid for two of my cousins to go to school. OU didn't provide nearly the same opportunities for scholarships. Not for the farmer kids. I have a ton of respect for my family members that carry on the farming legacy. I wish OU gave similar ag scholarships, but it doesn't.

Same family, and my other cousin met his wife at OU. But he and I didn't grow up farming like our dads did. There're likely more split households than just ours in Sooner country.

unbiasedtruth
9/14/2009, 07:35 AM
This was a tough game for me.... I like Kevin Sumlin when he was at OU so I tend to pull for schools that have former Sooner asistants as head coaches, except when they play OU. (all except one school that is :lol:) Then again OU doesnt play Houston, but rather Okie State. So I wanted Okie State to win so they would have just one loss or be undefeated when OU plays them.

So in the end, I was glad Kevin Sumlin and Houston won..... and now hope Okie State runs the table until game time in Norman....

Jello Biafra
9/14/2009, 08:31 AM

yup yup...i have a "buddy" who, after 4 years of doing this, just bought him and his son back to back jerseys and hats....now to add to thier boise state and west virginia gear, they now have florida AND byu jerseys and hats.

as far as the kingfisher statement goes...as soon as you started mentioning the most hateful fans, i immediately thought about my wifes aunt. not only did she not graduate from OSU but she did not finish high school but her and i got into a SERIOUS argument at thanksgiving one year because she said that najera was a thuggish, dirty player....after i threw about 4 or 5 facts at her, she threw a drum stick at me. a FUGGIN drumstick. this is also the bitsh that makes sure she sends me a texat message when something bad goes bad for OU with the football games. i never answer her but she sends them anyway. now that they have all the "fans" now she looks down her nose at them because "shes" been a fan since christ was a corporal.

guess i should have mentioned, she calls kingfisher home and is VERY bitter that loftin went to OU instead of lOSUr. in fact, she is so bitter, even though she knows loftins family, she didnt tell us that he was having a free Linebacker camp in kingfisher this summer. for the record, HER great nephew plays MLB and has for years. its not like she didnt know. neeless to say, my son was upset.

A-M
9/14/2009, 10:19 AM

Don't know about you picasso, but I would much rather spend my money on a new OU shirt or hat then on any other school items. Come to think of it, I don't have any other schoolds items, just good old OU items.

sooneron
9/16/2009, 11:01 AM
Sadly, the lOSUr that posted this has yet to return. Being under a rock sure must be comfy.

picasso
9/16/2009, 01:08 PM
Jello, you should remind this lady that Najera's last game in GIA he completely owned o-state.

That should get you the other thigh.:D

Jello Biafra
9/16/2009, 01:29 PM
Jello, you should remind this lady that Najera's last game in GIA he completely owned o-state.

That should get you the other thigh.:D

the drumstick she threw at me was probably already on the floor. there is absolutely no way she would throw food at me that she had intentions of eating. im not saying she's fat but, there are very few buffets in the metro that she isn't on a first name basis with.

Desert Sapper
9/16/2009, 01:57 PM
I'm not sure who these people are, but they should be perma-baned from the state.

OUAlumni1990
9/16/2009, 02:06 PM
Wonder where that magazine is now, the trash?

Partial Qualifier
9/16/2009, 02:12 PM
Sapper would not have made this post if he had grown up in Kingfisher, home of the most petty, hateful and illogical OSU fans in the state. Kingfisher, which is also home to hundreds of OSU "alumni," aka idiots who went to OSU one semester and then flunked out.

Listen, Landthief. I have lots of family up around Kingfisher and Dover and, well..........

you pretty much nailed it. ;)

badger
9/16/2009, 03:01 PM
Has anyone mentioned that a Sooner actually did end up on the SI cover a week later?
http://www.sicovers.com/data/default/images/catalog/medium/SPR20090921.jpg
:D

OUAlumni1990
9/16/2009, 03:36 PM
hope that's not a curse for him

StoopTroup
9/16/2009, 03:56 PM
Curses are for guys with purses.

I Am Right
9/16/2009, 04:08 PM
Stoolwater, what a joke.

Jello Biafra
9/16/2009, 04:12 PM
Stoolwater, what a joke.

i am.....i am serious...is that you in the avatar?