PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!! Kevin Wilson Got the Offense Huddling Up in Practice!!!

adoniijahsooner
9/8/2009, 06:58 AM
I truly love this, and I seriously wondered if he was going to be stubborn and keep ramming his idealogy down this teams throat. When he was bragging that they added 18 new formations, I figured these guys were ready to roll, but apparently they werent; but I am excited about this new development.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20090908_92_B5_NORMAN314774

OU offense slowing pace down

By JOHN E. HOOVER World Sports Writer
Published: 9/8/2009 2:27 AM
Last Modified: 9/8/2009 6:11 AM

NORMAN — A litany of mistakes against BYU, wholesale changes on the right side of the offensive line and a new starter at quarterback all add up to one thing for the Oklahoma offense: the no-huddle is no more.

At least for this week, the Sooners are returning to the basics.

"Kind of like Football 101," said senior guard Brian Simmons. "I think the coaches just felt like a lot of guys were kind of just, I guess, antsy or nervous."

Offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson may still use his rapid-fire no-huddle Saturday against Idaho State and beyond, but in practice on Monday, "we kind of slowed things down," Simmons said.

"I mean, I know we're known for the no-huddle offense, but we kind of slowed things down and really just paid attention to detail. You know, just observing things — 'Why do we do this?' "

Simmons said Monday's operation revolved around quarterback Landry Jones receiving play signals from the sideline, then relaying them to the rest of the team in a huddle formation — just like the good old days.

"I'm sure it helped (Jones) see things a lot better," Simmons said.

The Sooner offense last season led the nation and set a school record for total plays, which helped set an NCAA record of 716 points. The last two offseasons, Sooner linemen have worked hard on conditioning and shedding excess pounds so they could move faster. So after Saturday's 14-13 meltdown to the Cougars, Simmons said Monday's practice felt weird.

"Yeah it did. It really did," he said. "But at the same time, I felt like it was needed."

adoniijahsooner
9/8/2009, 07:03 AM
Moving Brody back to TE, and going with a huddle, I think Wilson is trying to get the offense ready to knock people off the ball and just get nasty in the trenches. I predict at least 300 yards rushing in the next 2 games.

swardboy
9/8/2009, 07:10 AM
I thought coaches were supposed to detect the players' grasp of the system in practices....silly me.

RedstickSooner
9/8/2009, 07:11 AM
I've always had confidence in Wilson. He'll fix his mistakes. Only errors on his part we have to worry about is when his strategy going into a game falls apart -- as sometimes there's not enough you can do to adjust.

oupride
9/8/2009, 07:14 AM
I am more than ready for this. After watching other teams play this weekend, i.e. Alabama, Navy, Miami and Okie St, I did not understand why the Sooners are unable to just line up and snap the ball. The backing away from Center and looking to the sidelines feels like it impedes the process. Even the Hurricanes seemed confident in what they were doing and it scared the heck outta me.

RedstickSooner
9/8/2009, 07:16 AM
I thought coaches were supposed to detect the players' grasp of the system in practices....silly me.

Dude, I grok that you're pissed off right now. But, seriously - you know as well as I do that players don't play the same in practice as they do at game time.

The most important part of college football is confidence. Confidence is why some pissant Division 1-AA team can beat, say, Meatchicken. It's why Boise State beat us. It's why every upset happens. It's why we lost to TCU a few years back, and BYU a few dark days ago. In the aftermath we always blame the Goliath for falling to David. But fact is, unless David went into the thing *convinced* he really could kill Goliath, Goliath wins.

Our new linemen were scared silly, and unfortunately, that first game exacerbated rather than fixed the problem.

This is why you open with a patsy. We're idjits for doing otherwise.

Octavian
9/8/2009, 07:38 AM
good.

This is what we should've been doing anyway with thin depth on the OL...and then the loss of Gresh.

Could be about to see OU go into 2006 mode post-AD injury: conservative pass plays, a lot of double tight formations, ball control....more of a Big Teneleven style but w/ good athletes.

TXBOOMER
9/8/2009, 07:41 AM
Moving Brody back to TE, and going with a huddle, I think Wilson is trying to get the offense ready to knock people off the ball and just get nasty in the trenches. I predict at least 300 yards rushing in the next 2 games.

Why do we have to get beat for him to realize what we need to do?

adoniijahsooner
9/8/2009, 07:53 AM

I don't know man. People say the o-line is horrible, but after watching the game I blame Wilson's "genius" for the downfall of the line. Adjust the offense to fit the talent, or what they are mentally prepared to accomplish.

Murray and Brown both averaged over 5 yards a carry against BYU, but it is hard to keep running when it's 2nd and 15 or 1st and 20.

Brown, Chris 14 carries 62yds 4.2ypc
Murray, DeMarco 10 carries 58yds 5.8ypc

I was wrong Murray averaged almost 6 a carry

Sam was 10-14 96 yards and a td

and we only gave up one sack.

So I believe the guys were mentally overwhelmed.
Let's hope this works.

TXBOOMER
9/8/2009, 08:26 AM
[QUOTE=adoniijahsooner;2696132]I don't know man. People say the o-line is horrible, but after watching the game I blame Wilson's "genius" for the downfall of the line. Adjust the offense to fit the talent, or what they are mentally prepared to accomplish.

Totally agree. Last year after the texass game he said they went back to the basics and that was with very seasoned players. You would think they would start with basics with everyone playing a new position. When your OC is going with handoffs to the fullback on third and 6 and QB sneaks with a new QB on the goaline my man Bob has got to over rule that shat. Oh well whats done is done time to move on and hope for speedy recoveries. Boomer!

TheHumanAlphabet
9/8/2009, 08:26 AM
Hell, my wife and I were calling better plays last week that Kevin Wilson.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/8/2009, 08:27 AM
I've always had confidence in Wilson. He'll fix his mistakes. Only errors on his part we have to worry about is when his strategy going into a game falls apart -- as sometimes there's not enough you can do to adjust.

Wilson is lame and not the coach he was at Northwestern. he needs to find another challange - IMO.

ratherthanlater
9/8/2009, 08:42 AM
It's fairly easy to call a "better play" after you just saw what happened. Dropped pass? They should have ran it.
Short run? Where's the play action pass?
OC's don't have that option.

Jello Biafra
9/8/2009, 08:47 AM
im not so sure that putting eldridge on the line wasn't an attempt by our staff to get him a starting position for all his years of dedicated team play...
he may be a stud team player but he may just need to be a role player.

Sooner04
9/8/2009, 08:49 AM
No. You weren't.

C&CDean
9/8/2009, 08:51 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Wilson coached those boys to step all over their own dicks about 50 ****ing times Saturday night. Some of you guys kill me. Hell, you don't even know what Wilson was calling cause the plays were blown dead about 50% of the time for O-line penalties.

Jack T.
9/8/2009, 08:51 AM
Wilson is lame and not the coach he was at Northwestern. he needs to find another challange - IMO.

I was surprised to hear The Sports Animal giving so much grief to the coaches yesterday morning.

That's not a bad thing, in my opinion.

Jello Biafra
9/8/2009, 08:53 AM

not exactly his fault. those kids have been playing football for a while some of them at least since they were in the 3rd grade or so....offsides and holding penalties are basic, fundamental brain farts and can't be blamed on anyone but themselves. hell on sams injury, vision would have helped that play. he hit the kid just didnt get there in time.

adoniijahsooner
9/8/2009, 08:59 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Wilson coached those boys to step all over their own dicks about 50 ****ing times Saturday night. Some of you guys kill me. Hell, you don't even know what Wilson was calling cause the plays were blown dead about 50% of the time for O-line penalties.

I know he must have done something wrong or he wouldnt be changing everything up in practice.

C&CDean
9/8/2009, 09:05 AM
I know he must have done something wrong or he wouldnt be changing everything up in practice.

Wrong. Even the newspapers were reporting how this O-line was gonna be even better than last years over the past few weeks. In practice, they were playing great. They got in a game, got major stage fright, and sucked worse than hooker with pointy teeth.

You're right in one regard though. He has realized these boys ain't ready for primetime yet, and he's doing his job - coaching - by changing it up. Unless he's Coach Nostradamus, how the hell do you expect him to know these guys were gonna go flatter than an anorexic's *** come game time?

adoniijahsooner
9/8/2009, 09:11 AM
Wrong. Even the newspapers were reporting how this O-line was gonna be even better than last years over the past few weeks. In practice, they were playing great. They got in a game, got major stage fright, and sucked worse than hooker with pointy teeth.
You're right in one regard though. He has realized these boys ain't ready for primetime yet, and he's doing his job - coaching - by changing it up. Unless he's Coach Nostradamus, how the hell do you expect him to know these guys were gonna go flatter than an anorexic's *** come game time?

How do you fall that hard? So you think he's simplifying things until they get more comfortable?

I'm with you on the practices, i was pumpin these guys up all preseason; but i had no idea...

TXBOOMER
9/8/2009, 09:17 AM

I never saw them in practice. All I can go on is judging how well prepared they looked for the game. After watching the game, I thought he was coaching them step on their own dicks. You bring up a good point though. He may have had some darn good plays called prior to some of those whistles.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/8/2009, 09:40 AM
I don't know man. People say the o-line is horrible, but after watching the game I blame Wilson's "genius" for the downfall of the line. Adjust the offense to fit the talent, or what they are mentally prepared to accomplish.

Murray and Brown both averaged over 5 yards a carry against BYU, but it is hard to keep running when it's 2nd and 15 or 1st and 20.

Brown, Chris 14 carries 62yds 4.2ypc
Murray, DeMarco 10 carries 58yds 5.8ypc

I was wrong Murray averaged almost 6 a carry

Sam was 10-14 96 yards and a td

and we only gave up one sack.

So I believe the guys were mentally overwhelmed.
Let's hope this works.

This whole post cracks me up.

There's a difference between looking at the postgame stats and actual performance. There's a reason we only gave up one sack. Quarterback performance. A comprehensive look at hurries, knockdowns, AND sacks gives you a look at offensive line performance in pass protection. Looking at overall rushing, disregarding yardage eliminated via O-line penalty in pursuit of offensive line performance, we see a much different story in rushing efficiency. By removing negated yards (but not actual penalty yards) in the rushing performance analysis, something you won't find in a box score, we see that the actual net rushing yardage is only a shade over 100 team yards at 107 total net rush yardage minus carries negated by penalty, over those 30 carries. Which brings up our offensive line influenced rushing YPC to a not-so-impressive 3.5 YPC.

Yes, it's a crunch of the numbers a lot of folks aren't familiar with. In a quality offensive line performance, the total yards and YPC average won't differ by much more than a couple tenths of a point for the occasional infraction, not including false starts and other dead ball fouls that do not negate or influence the actual yardage gained per drive, as related to yards per carry.

So with that, the amount of contact our QBs took (even without a volume of sacks and/or INTs, a testament to the job Josh is doing with our QBs!), and the adjusted rushing yardage, we see that our boys up front, God bless 'em, put one in the tank in a bad way. A bad way that DIRECTLY cost this squad their Heisman Trophy winning quarterback.

Sooner04
9/8/2009, 09:43 AM
People seem to be glossing over how bad Murray was Saturday. Fumble McFumbleson.

picasso
9/8/2009, 10:04 AM
People seem to be glossing over how bad Murray was Saturday. Fumble McFumbleson.

You mean the same guy that nobody was allowed to hit during practice?

As bad a cluster **** as that game was, we still should have won it with a simple time out.

adoniijahsooner
9/8/2009, 10:08 AM
This whole post cracks me up.

There's a difference between looking at the postgame stats and actual performance. There's a reason we only gave up one sack. Quarterback performance. A comprehensive look at hurries, knockdowns, AND sacks gives you a look at offensive line performance in pass protection. Looking at overall rushing, disregarding yardage eliminated via O-line penalty in pursuit of offensive line performance, we see a much different story in rushing efficiency. By removing negated yards (but not actual penalty yards) in the rushing performance analysis, something you won't find in a box score, we see that the actual net rushing yardage is only a shade over 100 team yards at 107 total net rush yardage minus carries negated by penalty, over those 30 carries. Which brings up our offensive line influenced rushing YPC to a not-so-impressive 3.5 YPC.

Yes, it's a crunch of the numbers a lot of folks aren't familiar with. In a quality offensive line performance, the total yards and YPC average won't differ by much more than a couple tenths of a point for the occasional infraction, not including false starts and other dead ball fouls that do not negate or influence the actual yardage gained per drive, as related to yards per carry.

So with that, the amount of contact our QBs took (even without a volume of sacks and/or INTs, a testament to the job Josh is doing with our QBs!), and the adjusted rushing yardage, we see that our boys up front, God bless 'em, put one in the tank in a bad way. A bad way that DIRECTLY cost this squad their Heisman Trophy winning quarterback.

Ok, so what are you arguing? They only ran the ball 10 and 14 times between them,; i was just stating that if we had less penalties, them maybe we are able to run more, because it seemed to work when we did run. I don't know why that would be funny?:confused:

Octavian
9/8/2009, 10:13 AM
Injuries didn't help -- Brody made of a ton of incorrect OL calls...but he's not a center. He was moved there because of injuries....and his move rippled down the line, especially w/ Gresham being gone too. We were simply in worse shape than we thought.

Many of the players just didn't play well. period. WRs dropped balls, RBs fumbled, the OL was a penalty machine....ugh.

But that doesn't excuse trying to get cute with a backup rookie QB when you have 4 downs to make 2 yards and win the game...and then not helping him watch the clock and blowing our chance to put the game on ice. 4 downs. 2 yards. You've got Chris Brown and Demarco Murray. Run the ball, Einstein.

In any event, huddling up should help with some consistency and slow the game down a bit...not to mention relieve our OLinemen a little bit, who looked and played like they were out of shape in the 2nd half....which is the fault of all involved.

adoniijahsooner
9/8/2009, 10:15 AM
Injuries didn't help -- Brody made of a ton of incorrect OL calls...but he's not a center. He was moved there because of injuries....and his move rippled down the line, especially w/ Gresham being gone too. We were simply in worse shape than we thought.

Many of the players just didn't play well. period. WRs dropped balls, RBs fumbled, the OL was a penalty machine....ugh.

But that doesn't excuse trying to get cute with a backup rookie QB when you have 4 downs to make 2 yards and win the game...and then not helping him watch the clock and blowing our chance to put the game on ice. 4 downs. 2 yards. You've got Chris Brown and Demarco Murray. Run the ball, Einstein.

In any event, huddling up should help with some consistency and slow the game down a bit...not to mention relieve our OLinemen a little bit, who looked and played like they were out of shape in the 2nd half....which is the fault of all involved.

and our defense.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/8/2009, 10:16 AM
Because it "seemed" to? If we had less penalties?

That very thing in a comprehensive overview of the offensive front is what determines the effectiveness of that very offensive front. Not the 4.6 YPC or whatever it was. A running game is only as effective as the effectiveness of the front 5 leading it, therefore the base YPC average you'll find in the box score is DANGEROUSLY misleading. It DIDN'T "seem" to work when we did run because with all the damned bullet holes in the feet of the front 5, it's hard to establish an effective ground game.

THAT'S why your post is funny.

adoniijahsooner
9/8/2009, 10:24 AM
Because it "seemed" to? If we had less penalties?

That very thing in a comprehensive overview of the offensive front is what determines the effectiveness of that very offensive front. Not the 4.6 YPC or whatever it was. A running game is only as effective as the effectiveness of the front 5 leading it, therefore the base YPC average you'll find in the box score is DANGEROUSLY misleading. It DIDN'T "seem" to work when we did run because with all the damned bullet holes in the feet of the front 5, it's hard to establish an effective ground game.

THAT'S why your post is funny.

Ok

perculator
9/8/2009, 10:27 AM

maybe they should have more open practices/scrimmages

Jello Biafra
9/8/2009, 10:27 AM
bottom line is this...they seemed to do well on certain plays and worse on some plays...as a little league football coach, I will tell you that 7 times out of 10, this has to do with comfort levels. they have played a certain play so many times that they can run it in thier sleep. no matter what defense is thrown at them because they know the hole its going to and who they are to hit and the timing of thier blocks. there are a some plays that they have run a few times and are comfortable with the blocking of it until a new wrinkle is thrown out there by the opposing defense and the timing seems to be off. see: jumping offsides and holding penalties. then there are those that they have run a few times but are not at all comfortable with what they are suppose to be blocking and when they are suppose to be there. these are the times we and (ou) look like the keystone cops.

if the line play isn't there, the runs aren't going to be there. if the runs aren't there, you put too much pressure on your young qb and young WR corps to make plays on 3rd and long. hell, with that kind of play, we couldn't CONSISTANTLY get our heisman trophy winning qb to get the ball to his WRs to make plays.
if you combine a RSfreshman QB, a new line and a young WR corps, you get a one point loss to a team we should have beaten by 21. BYU was good....they weren't THAT good. i don't care WHAT those peckerwoods think.

Jello Biafra
9/8/2009, 10:30 AM
maybe they should have more open practices/scrimmages

why? its stoops' job to make sure the team is ready to play. not for you to see/critique how good or bad the team is playing. if we should blame anyone, I would think we would blame the defensive minds for not giving us enough looks at different defenses that we may see. i think the problem revolves around the fact that when we run against a traditional team, we are ready because our defense will run a "traditional" defense and not the defenses that a team that might not have the studs/speed that we have. ie: "non-traditional" defense

adoniijahsooner
9/8/2009, 10:32 AM
why? its stoops' job to make sure the team is ready to play not for you to see/critique how good or bad the team is playing.

hehe

Jello Biafra
9/8/2009, 10:34 AM
to reiterate, we see teams that have no chance of beating us, run at us from a different angle and end up punching us in the mouth because we arent ready.

LawtonBoy74
9/8/2009, 10:45 AM
All of the Wilson bashing has to stop...It is hard for any O-coordinator to come up with plays for 3rd and long over and over again..If we never have all the mental mistakes Coach Wilson's game plan could have been used more effectively

illinisooner
9/8/2009, 10:49 AM
I don't like it. These guys have been in the system for at least a year now, I'd say they can grasp the basics of the no huddle. False starts and holds happen in any kind of system, so you can't just blame it on using a hurry up/no huddle.

Jello Biafra
9/8/2009, 10:51 AM
I don't like it. These guys have been in the system for at least a year now, I'd say they can grasp the basics of the no huddle. False starts and holds happen in any kind of system, so you can't just blame it on using a hurry up/no huddle.

yeh. they have SEEN the system but there is a big difference between seeing the system and RUNNING it day in and day out. the second string is MOSTLY there to run the opposing teams offense/defense. comfort level is the difference between last years line and this years line. i guarandamntee you.

OKC-SLC
9/8/2009, 11:11 AM
maybe it's a good thing to not give the opposition an extra 4-6 possessions per game when we're not going to be able to score as much.

C&CDean
9/8/2009, 11:14 AM
Yeah, and have our QB looking at 1st and 20 or 1st & 30 every ****ing series.

SoonerLB
9/8/2009, 11:27 AM
Personally, I find the idea of players in a huddle much more appealing than them standing around the field doing Meerkat impersonations.
Just sayin' ..... ;)

perculator
9/8/2009, 11:33 AM
why? its stoops' job to make sure the team is ready to play. not for you to see/critique how good or bad the team is playing. if we should blame anyone, I would think we would blame the defensive minds for not giving us enough looks at different defenses that we may see. i think the problem revolves around the fact that when we run against a traditional team, we are ready because our defense will run a "traditional" defense and not the defenses that a team that might not have the studs/speed that we have. ie: "non-traditional" defense

i wouldn't be there anyway. but if part of the problem was not knowing how someone would react on the big stage then it seems logical to me that you put them in front of a crowd.
what the hell are we scared of anyway? someone seeing our plays?
our fellers needed coaching this summer and they didn't get it. and i'm not sure looking at different defensive alignments would have prevented all of our false starts.

picasso
9/8/2009, 12:08 PM

Are you absolutely sure about this? I read on another site where Wilson stated Eldridge would not be making calls at the line.

Sooner98
9/8/2009, 12:17 PM

If you watch the play where he fumbled the ball, his feet were moving, and then all of the sudden he came to a jump stop for some reason, allowing the guy to come in from his right, and hit him. If he had just kept moving his feet, it looked like he could have walked in for the TD. I wonder if it's a mental thing with him right now, like it seemed to be last year at the start of the season.

OKC-SLC
9/8/2009, 12:29 PM
Yeah, and have our QB looking at 1st and 20 or 1st & 30 every ****ing series.

No ****.

soon3rfan
9/8/2009, 12:50 PM
I think we should start looking for a new offensive coordinator.

wishbonesooner
9/8/2009, 02:32 PM
Our linemen are in a stance for what seems like forever while the QB and coaches do their morse code thing or whatever they use to get the play in. It seems like that would take a toll on a big ole boy after awhile.

HBick
9/8/2009, 02:39 PM

SoonerScoop is reporting that Patton is shuffling up the lines, whatever that means

budbarrybob
9/8/2009, 02:53 PM
I am more than ready for this. After watching other teams play this weekend, i.e. Alabama, Navy, Miami and Okie St, I did not understand why the Sooners are unable to just line up and snap the ball. The backing away from Center and looking to the sidelines feels like it impedes the process. Even the Hurricanes seemed confident in what they were doing and it scared the heck outta me.

You weren't bashing the way they did it last year IIRC. And yes, Miami, Okie Lite, Texas, Nebraska and Kansas scare me. Heck even Tulsa will be a close one considering how our team played last saturday.

SoonerShay
9/8/2009, 03:29 PM
SoonerScoop is reporting that Patton is shuffling up the lines, whatever that means

Habern is starting at center, Good at RG and Jarvis Jones at RT. Cory Brandon is now second string I guess. Eldridge is starting at TE of course.

perculator
9/8/2009, 03:33 PM

that's code for 'playing patty-cake, patty-cake'

Jello Biafra
9/8/2009, 03:36 PM
and i'm not sure looking at different defensive alignments would have prevented all of our false starts.

and another one for the "never been a starter" team.

perculator
9/8/2009, 03:48 PM
and another one for the "never been a starter" team.

heh
you're right........silly me.
we are the only college team playing new starters on the o-line. you are right and i was wrong.
your pee wee teams must go undefeated year after year.

Jello Biafra
9/8/2009, 04:12 PM
heh
you're right........silly me.
we are the only college team playing new starters on the o-line. you are right and i was wrong.
your pee wee teams must go undefeated year after year.

actually, they have 4 out of 5 years. whats your point?

Tulsa_Fireman
9/8/2009, 04:51 PM
I played far end, left out.

Curly Bill
9/8/2009, 05:25 PM

IN!

StoopTroup
9/8/2009, 05:31 PM
I truly love this, and I seriously wondered if he was going to be stubborn and keep ramming his idealogy down this teams throat. When he was bragging that they added 18 new formations, I figured these guys were ready to roll, but apparently they werent; but I am excited about this new development.

Might have watched some tape huh?

When you say these guys...I don't think you should include Landry. I'd have to say that we have finally seen Stoops luck run out by not playing a backup QB more in blowouts. I don't think he's the only guy doing it either as to get a kid a Heisman...your going to need to sacrifice some things. This time it cost us it seems to me.

StoopTroup
9/8/2009, 05:35 PM
Habern is starting at center, Good at RG and Jarvis Jones at RT. Cory Brandon is now second string I guess. Eldridge is starting at TE of course.

Which might mean a few things.

Maybe they felt Brody didn't do well at center and/or they need him in the receiving corp. I'd say the latter is right on.

delhalew
9/8/2009, 05:38 PM
Taking the number one spot from Brandon sends a message I can support.

Curly Bill
9/8/2009, 06:03 PM
Taking the number one spot from Brandon sends a message I can support.

Who are we moving into that spot? Do we have a backup cornerback or punter we can put there? :O

:D

delhalew
9/8/2009, 06:07 PM
Who are we moving into that spot? Do we have a backup cornerback or punter we can put there? :O

:D

THAT AIN'T FUNNY! YOU TAKE THAT BACK!:D :eek: :(

soonerinabilene
9/8/2009, 06:12 PM
yeah, we really need to get rid of the oc who directed the most prolific offense in ncaa history and made a sophomore qb a heisman winner.

soonerinabilene
9/8/2009, 06:17 PM

When you say these guys...I don't think you should include Landry. I'd have to say that we have finally seen Stoops luck run out by not playing a backup QB more in blowouts. I don't think he's the only guy doing it either as to get a kid a Heisman...your going to need to sacrifice some things. This time it cost us it seems to me.

i dont see how halze playing more last year would have helped landry.;)

A-M
9/8/2009, 06:32 PM
i dont see how halze playing more last year would have helped landry.;)

Got a good point here. However, had our O line done a better job of protecting the QB and opening up the holes for runs, Landry might have been a getter QB.

tulsaoilerfan
9/8/2009, 10:01 PM

Cause he sucks at in game adjustments?

tulsaoilerfan
9/8/2009, 10:05 PM

Even if Landry hadn't red shirted last year he would have seen almost no playing time with Halzle still around

tulsaoilerfan
9/8/2009, 10:06 PM
Also gotta wonder why Brandon was left in there the whole game when he kept messing up? Did we not have a backup right tackle?

Barry Stoops
9/8/2009, 10:07 PM
Also gotta wonder why Brandon was left in there the whole game when he kept messing up? Did we not have a backup right tackle?

I think he was playing receiver or linebacker or something at the time.

Crucifax Autumn
9/9/2009, 01:57 AM
All I know is Brandon was BYU's defensive MVP.

MrJimBeam
9/9/2009, 05:44 AM
actually, they have 4 out of 5 years. whats your point?

Do you have open practices?

Jello Biafra
9/9/2009, 06:51 AM
Do you have open practices?

no.