PDA

View Full Version : Green/Red Rating System

okcusooner
9/7/2009, 12:08 PM
The practice of rating other people's posts has got to go.

It only exacerbates the infantile element that is already too well represented on this site. I cannot imagine taking the time to "neg spek" somebody and write a comment along with it to boot. I can't remember, perhaps I have actually done this once or twice during the three years I have been on this sight. If I have, shame on me.

Here are some of the brillant comments that have been attached to some of the neg speks I have received..."vg", "nut sammich" "anti-sooner f*g" "ha ha, now you will never get green". Sadly, these were made by grown men. Frighteningly, these same men probably have the right to vote in elections.

For those of you who disagree with my posts, "neg speking" me doesn't bother me and confirms my belief that your mom/dad didn't give you enough gold stars on the refrigerator when you were a kid.

So if having a terminally red rating doesn't bother me, why write this? Because if we get rid of the system, my hope is that many of the grown children were so revere it will get bored and go to another site, thereby raising the level of discussion and debate for those who remain.

CK Sooner
9/7/2009, 12:09 PM
-Whining About Spek-

This is the football forum, not the bitch about spek forum.

Curly Bill
9/7/2009, 12:10 PM
Morning sunshine.

Glad you care so little about this rating system to start a thread about it. :O :rolleyes:

RedstickSooner
9/7/2009, 12:12 PM
I just about never neg folks mostly because if I hate a post, I'm loathe to waste any more of my time on it.

That being said, this is the gayest thread ever.

Cappy
9/7/2009, 12:13 PM

It only exacerbates the infantile element that is already too well represented on this site. I cannot imagine taking the time to "neg spek" somebody and write a comment along with it to boot. I can't remember, perhaps I have actually done this once or twice during the three years I have been on this sight. If I have, shame on me.

*site

Turd_Ferguson
Don't make me lock this thread down. I will. You know I will.

CK Sooner
You know if you don't like it then just turn off the reputation feature, or just don't look at it. No one is making you go to your control panel and look at your spek.

okcusooner
9/7/2009, 12:15 PM
Don't make me lock this thread down. I will. You know I will.

Why lock it down?

Let's see who can intelligently debate the merits of it....We already know who can't (see posts above).

Harry Beanbag
9/7/2009, 12:15 PM
Heh, nut sammich is kinda funny.

Turd_Ferguson
9/7/2009, 12:18 PM
Why lock it down?

Let's see who can intelligently debate the merits of it....We already know who can't (see posts above).Uhhmm...it already has been debated. You lost.

okcusooner
9/7/2009, 12:19 PM
Heh, nut sammich is kinda funny.

Given the handle you've chosen, I'm not surprised that "nut sammich" passes for good humor with you.

SoonerLB
9/7/2009, 12:20 PM
Pretty simple, you get what you earn.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/barn9/speknazi.jpg

Harry Beanbag
9/7/2009, 12:20 PM
Given the handle you've chosen, I'm not surprised that "nut sammich" passes for good humor with you.

I didn't say it was good humor, just kinda funny. I honestly have no idea who you are and can't remember ever reading any of your posts, but it seems to me that you may be the problem, nut sammich.

OUHOMER
9/7/2009, 12:21 PM

Its not like your asked to be red, Right?

CK Sooner
9/7/2009, 12:22 PM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f219/Hehlua/cry_me_a_river.jpg

StoopTroup
9/7/2009, 12:22 PM
okcusooner....

Your not part of the green spek feature on this board...paypal $1000 to C&C Dean for this weekends beer and we'll see about an upgrade. :D

SoonerEmpire
9/7/2009, 12:24 PM
this is the gayest thread ever.

This!

A-M
9/7/2009, 12:24 PM
I stay red at least half the time. I don't even look at it and in fact don't know how to neg or find it. If they have all this time on their hands, let them neg me all they want. It doesn't change my thoughts, post or life so no big deal!

Lott's Bandana
9/7/2009, 12:25 PM
d00d,

You come on here with your 25 posts a year, of which about half are arguments with other SF posters about their opinions and the other half is grammar and spelling smack:

Aug 08:
Originally Posted by okcusooner>
Seriously. How are we to respect your opinion(s) when you have difficulty putting together a grammatically correct post.

You'd think that after being called out the first time, you would have (if not for the sake of pride) been more diligent in your writing.

Go learn the difference between "you're" and "your" before blessing us with more of your considerable insight.

There are plenty of other message boards that don't have the spek feature that you can go visit for a few months a year and start all the fights you want...or, you can just stay here and be red.You won't get a "neg" from me. You won't get a "heh" either.

Is that okay?

okcusooner
9/7/2009, 12:25 PM
I didn't say it was good humor, just kinda funny.

Hey, that is a meaningful distinction you made.

You need to stick around. Your's is exaclty the kind of incisive and profound commentary that we need more of.

StoopTroup
9/7/2009, 12:26 PM

You need to stick around. Your's is exaclty the kind of incisive and profound commentary that we need more of.

Sucking up to the Harry Beanbag will get you nowhere. :D

Just ask Lid.

TexasLidig8r
9/7/2009, 12:27 PM
I like the fact that once you get enough red spek.. it turns magically to burnt orange!

Hook em.

Curly Bill
9/7/2009, 12:28 PM
Sucking up to the Harry Beanbag will get you nowhere. :D

...but what if he merely enjoys sucking up to Harry Beanbag? :D

CK Sooner
9/7/2009, 12:28 PM
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh11/theusedrocks/cry.jpg

CK Sooner
9/7/2009, 12:29 PM
Wow, look at Lid throwing up the horns down!

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/7/2009, 12:33 PM
the other half is grammar and spelling smack:

Your's is exaclty

Oh, the irony.....:D

CrimsonJim
9/7/2009, 12:40 PM
I like the fact that once you get enough red spek.. it turns magically to burnt orange!

Hook em.

You need to replace your monitor, it's BRIGHT orange on mine. ;)

StoopTroup
9/7/2009, 12:50 PM
Heck...even Mario can get a green star. It's not that hard if you play the game well.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2200/2459953431_4e641b1e04.jpg

okcusooner
9/7/2009, 12:59 PM
Heck...even Mario can get a green star. It's not that hard if you play the game well.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2200/2459953431_4e641b1e04.jpg

Let's see....StoopTroup is 29 years old...

...And he resorts to childhood icons in his posts...you make my point even better than I can.

tommieharris91
9/7/2009, 01:01 PM
Congratulations okcun00bslice! You're well on your way to becoming the worst poster ever on this board.

Curly Bill
9/7/2009, 01:01 PM

...And he resorts to childhood icons in his posts...you make my point even better than I can.

You have a point? I thought you were just here to pitch a little sissy fit. Are you in a bad mood after wetting your bed last night?

RedstickSooner
9/7/2009, 01:04 PM
I don't know why I keep clicking on this thread. I guess I'm stupid.

1) As a general rule, most of us seem to like the spek system. As such, simple majority opinion is enough to keep it in place.

2) If you really want to make some reasoned argument against spek, you'll need to be green first -- otherwise, everyone will assume you're just complaining about your own red-spek status.

3) Direct attacks on other posters will get you banned. More important (to me) is that you don't need to make them. No matter how much I disagree with someone, I see no reason to make it personal. Nothing improves once you do.

badger
9/7/2009, 01:06 PM
You're new here, so I'm sure you're unaware that this topic has been brought up before and by equally new people who have started threads that have gotten similar responses that this one's received thus far.

The end result is that a mod gets ticked and locks the thread and nothing about spek changes. I am not complaining, I am just telling you how it's been and how this will end.

okcusooner
9/7/2009, 01:11 PM
I don't know why I keep clicking on this thread. I guess I'm stupid.

1) As a general rule, most of us seem to like the spek system. As such, simple majority opinion is enough to keep it in place.

2) If you really want to make some reasoned argument against spek, you'll need to be green first -- otherwise, everyone will assume you're just complaining about your own red-spek status.

3) Direct attacks on other posters will get you banned. More important (to me) is that you don't need to make them. No matter how much I disagree with someone, I see no reason to make it personal. Nothing improves once you do.

Redstick:

Obviously, I don't agree with your first two points. However, I conditionally agree with your third point....It is wrong to instigate personal attacks...And I don't do that. But I do defend myself and strike back...Most of the posters on this thread taking shots at me cannot honestly say that they don't instigate personal attacks.

Curly Bill
9/7/2009, 01:13 PM
Redstick:

Obviously, I don't agree with your first two points. However, I conditionally agree with your third point....It is wrong to instigate personal attacks...And I don't do that. But I do defend myself and strike back...Most of the posters on this thread taking shots at me cannot honestly say that they don't instigate personal attacks.

Can we henceforth refer to you as The Cobra then? ;)

CK Sooner
9/7/2009, 01:14 PM
Redstick:

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m294/mareh674/babies/8f456af6.gif

Al Gore
9/7/2009, 01:16 PM
"nut sammich"
I need to remember this one......

Lott's Bandana
9/7/2009, 01:16 PM
Can we henceforth refer to you as The Cobra then? ;)

heh.

Hella Sideburns
9/7/2009, 01:27 PM
i love the rating system, the comments people leave when they neg you are hilarious. For instance, JLEW negs every post I make, but he never spells anything correctly on any of them. It's a lot of fun keeping track of which posts have the most misspellings in them.

ck sooner tosses out a lot of red too, but he does great work on the recruiting board, so it's worth it. Also, he can spell (aside from the whole you're/your thing that he can't figure out.)

CK Sooner
9/7/2009, 01:32 PM
i love the rating system, the comments people leave when they neg you are hilarious. For instance, JLEW negs every post I make, but he never spells anything correctly on any of them. It's a lot of fun keeping track of which posts have the most misspellings in them.

ck sooner tosses out a lot of red too, but he does great work on the recruiting board, so it's worth it. Also, he can spell (aside from the whole you're/your thing that he can't figure out.)

I don't really pay much attention to it. I usually just slop stuff down because its not like we are getting graded on it.

;) :D

Curly Bill
9/7/2009, 01:33 PM
I don't really pay much attention to it. I usually just slop stuff down because its not like we are getting graded on it.

;) :D

I usually just put one of these: .

Hard to mess that up. ;)

OUmillenium
9/7/2009, 05:37 PM
Heres a big red import for ya...SPEK WOW!!!!!!!!

Harry Beanbag
9/7/2009, 05:47 PM

I need to stick around? Man, that's funny. Maybe in another ten years I won't be a noob anymore. :D :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
9/7/2009, 06:00 PM

LMAO.

29 and holding.

http://www.nick.com/upickdaily/images/cms/story/main/mainimage_plankton.jpg

StupidSooner
9/7/2009, 06:01 PM
Neg Spek added. Good post.

CK Sooner
9/7/2009, 06:13 PM
Listen, girls. If you don't respect yourself, how do you expect others to respect you?

GottaHavePride
9/7/2009, 06:27 PM
I'm not ticked. And I didn't lock it. I DID, however, move it to the Trouble Reports / Suggestions forum where it belongs.

olevetonahill
9/7/2009, 06:36 PM
I'm not ticked. And I didn't lock it. I DID, however, move it to the Trouble Reports / Suggestions forum where it belongs.

I think the nOOb meltdowns are funny
and I aint been involved in em Much :D

the_ouskull
9/7/2009, 10:20 PM
-Whining About Spek-

This is the football forum, not the bitch about spek forum.

Says the b*tch that runs around talkin' smack in the back alleys instead of up by the front doors. But whatever...

the_ouskull

CK Sooner
9/8/2009, 01:30 PM
Says the b*tch that runs around talkin' smack in the back alleys instead of up by the front doors. But whatever...

the_ouskull

*Knock* *Knock*

Open up

olevetonahill
9/8/2009, 02:08 PM

the_ouskull

Dood ya went from calling every one ignorant to calling CK a BITCH ?
You need to get over losing yer lover boy :rolleyes: :pop:

Gresho Murford
9/9/2009, 11:28 AM
wait, you can turn this feature off?!

A-M
9/9/2009, 01:23 PM
I think the same group of guys just enjoy giving out red marks and personal commits to others if you don't agree with them. Just makes me want to disagree with them more, not leave the board. Besides, being an OU sooner, I kind of like different shades of red, so neg away.

starclassic tama
9/30/2009, 11:57 PM

i've got one of those that follows me around. his name is olevet. one time he literally (not exaggerating) spent 3 straight hours on my profile negging me as much as he could. it's pretty flattering but at the same time almost scary that an adult could be that obsessed with another person on a message board. not to mention he's not smart enough to figure out that he is doing me a service because i prefer to be in red.

the_ouskull
10/2/2009, 03:12 PM
Listen, girls. If you don't respect yourself, how do you expect others to respect you?

This is PRECISELY why I speak my mind regarding the state of the English language, and yes, the argument fits perfectly. It IS the same thing. If you present yourself as an idiot to educated people, don't cry when they treat you like an idiot, and don't hate them for trying to bring you up from the pile of stupid you've spent your last X years burying yourself under...

the_ouskull

CK Sooner
10/2/2009, 03:46 PM
This is PRECISELY why I speak my mind regarding the state of the English language, and yes, the argument fits perfectly. It IS the same thing. If you present yourself as an idiot to educated people, don't cry when they treat you like an idiot, and don't hate them for trying to bring you up from the pile of stupid you've spent your last X years burying yourself under...

the_ouskull

Agree.

TexasLidig8r
10/2/2009, 03:48 PM
i've got one of those that follows me around. his name is olevet. one time he literally (not exaggerating) spent 3 straight hours on my profile negging me as much as he could. it's pretty flattering but at the same time almost scary that an adult could be that obsessed with another person on a message board. not to mention he's not smart enough to figure out that he is doing me a service because i prefer to be in red.

VET!!! YOU CHEATING BIZNACHO!!!!

I thought you only did that with me! :mad:

the_ouskull
10/2/2009, 04:57 PM
Agree.

So why do you constantly defend JLew's butchery of the language, then? You can sell his posts by the f*cking pound, but you take up for him... What's the difference, in your estimation?

the_ouskull

StoopTroup
10/2/2009, 06:09 PM
Why lock it down?

Let's see who can intelligently debate the merits of it....We already know who can't (see posts above).

How's this OUinsider doesn't use the SPEK system. You can go there and play.

CYA!

CrimsonJim
10/2/2009, 06:57 PM
Wouldn't wanna beee yaaaaaa....

the_ouskull
10/2/2009, 07:04 PM
No I can't. I got banned for telling a guy to kill himself. Well, those weren't my words, but they were interpreted that way... which is bullsh*t. How could someone think that just because I told a dude to go into his garage, close the door, get in his car, start it, and then take a nap...? It's ridiculous the way that some people twist the language around...

For the record, the argument was about Longar Longar. This guy thought he was going to be an All-American. I thought that he was a guy who never improved while he was at OU. Sure, he got better-"looking," in a basketball sense... but his numbers never improved more than marginally, meaning that the guy was arguing with me about whether or not a guy who turned the ball over almost three times per game, couldn't shoot 50% from the field, and had career averages of 7.2 points and 4.3 boards per game was going to make the All-American team.

Personally, I think that I was in the right on that one...

the_ouskull

the_ouskull
10/2/2009, 07:07 PM
And, to save some poor soul the pain before they go and look at his averages and go, "Hey, he averaged blah, blah per game his freshman year, and then blah, blah per game his senior year... that Skull's all kinds of wrong, and I'm going to tell him so," I could give a sh*t about his per game averages. ESPECIALLY when comparing year to year, it's a lot better, especially in regards to player improvement, to look at per-minute averages...

...and the fact that he got WORSE from the field every season, not better...

the_ouskull

StoopTroup
10/3/2009, 09:00 AM
If a guy makes a difference whether you win the Whole Schabang once you reach the Final Four...then I'll really talk him up. Blake Griffin and his Bro gave it their all trying to win for the Sooners....Longar Longar....not so much.

You were right to send him to the garage IMO....I hope he doesn't harm himself though. :D

the_ouskull
10/3/2009, 09:08 AM
Oh, I wasn't saying that Longar should off himself... just that he hadn't improved. I was saying that the guy that thought he was a shoo-in for A.A. should go.

the_ouskull

StoopTroup
10/3/2009, 06:53 PM
I understood you.

Longar shouldn't kill himself for sure...lol

Collier11
10/22/2009, 09:41 AM

Here are some of the brillant comments that have been attached to some of the neg speks I have received..."vg", "nut sammich" "anti-sooner f*g" "ha ha, now you will never get green". Sadly, these were made by grown men. Frighteningly, these same men probably have the right to vote in elections.

For those of you who disagree with my posts, "neg speking" me doesn't bother me and confirms my belief that your mom/dad didn't give you enough gold stars on the refrigerator when you were a kid.

So if having a terminally red rating doesn't bother me, why write this? Because if we get rid of the system, my hope is that many of the grown children were so revere it will get bored and go to another site, thereby raising the level of discussion and debate for those who remain.

Someone called him nutsammich, now thats funny!

Collier11
10/22/2009, 09:43 AM
Oh, I wasn't saying that Longar should off himself... just that he hadn't improved. I was saying that the guy that thought he was a shoo-in for A.A. should go.

the_ouskull

Longar was a guy who got better but was never really that good to begin with, hell by the time he graduated he still could barely make a layup

I understood you.

Longar shouldn't kill himself for sure...lol

Cus if he did, he would be NO LONGAR!!! ;)

CrimsonandCreamForever
10/22/2009, 12:18 PM
Question -

If I use my spek hammer a lot, does it get smaller?

Or am I ok as long as I wrap it up? ;)

Seriously though...

StoopTroup
11/4/2009, 08:11 PM
It gets smaller and the hole in the end gets larger. Once you get to the #1 spot in reputation your hole is so large that it begins to devour the board and then the internet.

Tiptonsooner
11/4/2009, 08:47 PM
HEy, **** all of you guys. You're missing the point, spek sucks!!!!!!!:gary:

Boomer.....
11/5/2009, 08:37 AM
It gets smaller and the hole in the end gets larger. Once you get to the #1 spot in reputation your hole is so large that it begins to devour the board and then the internet.

King of teh internets?