PDA

View Full Version : USAToday: "Oklahoma's title hopes still alive"

OU_PhD
9/7/2009, 11:38 AM
Maybe the Sooners should be more optimistic than we have been. Our coaching staff will work out the kinks in the offensive line and our receivers will get tougher, you watch.

Oklahoma trying to pick up pieces after Bradford's injury (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2009/09/oklahoma-trying-to-pick-up-pieces-after-bradfords-injury/1)

budbarrybob
9/7/2009, 11:59 AM
I think that mathematically we are still in the MNC hunt. Realistically, with OUr play saturday we may be in the hunt for 2nd in the B12 south. Without a much improved passing/running/blocking game it could get ugly and I mean ugly.

OU_PhD
9/7/2009, 12:07 PM
I think that mathematically we are still in the MNC hunt. Realistically, with OUr play saturday we may be in the hunt for 2nd in the B12 south. Without a much improved passing/running/blocking game it could get ugly and I mean ugly.

I think the article flatly states that there needs to be much improvement, but all goals are still intact.

It's important to remember that.

StoopTroup
9/7/2009, 12:17 PM
The unit also committed nine penalties, including a false start in the final minute that damaged the possible game-winning drive that ended on a missed 54-yard field goal.

Tennell, Caleb dropped two passes in that series right off the bat. Caleb made a redeeming catch on 3rd down.

The penalty they are talking about was when we were at 3rd and 9 and we got set back to 3rd and 14. Not a game ender but that's the way they evidently saw it. Stoops was shaking his head but I think it was more at the officials than Cory Brennan. The jump sure looked like a pretty tight call to me but like it's been said by everyone who's been bagging on the Defense....you can't make those kind of mistakes or close starts when the game is on the line.

If Sam was behind Brody on that last drive...I don't think we would have lost that game even with a false start. It was the only false start in the 2nd half that I saw. For me...that's an adjustment.

OU_PhD
9/7/2009, 12:27 PM
This team will get better and the coaches will turn things around, I have faith.