PDA

View Full Version : Jerry World

StoopTroup
9/7/2009, 10:40 AM
Chernobyl for Sooner Fans now?

http://caosblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/chernobyl.jpg

OUHOMER
9/7/2009, 10:59 AM
I am not ready to give into the jinx factor yet.... But if we make it to the BIG12 C GAME and lose. Then we tear it to the ground.

Soonerus
9/7/2009, 11:07 AM
I thought the stadium and facilities were great...

instigator
9/7/2009, 08:14 PM
I thought the sound was terrible but most of all where the eff was the scoreboard?? I had nothing telling me how many timeouts were left or any other stats.

Boomer.....
9/7/2009, 08:20 PM

Yup. The $8 beers could have been a little cheaper though.

StoopTroup
9/7/2009, 10:25 PM

What about the ****ters? Did you try the ****ters? :pop: :D

OKLA21FAN
9/7/2009, 10:28 PM
except for the acoustics maybe, everything else is fixable

(and there are times I'd pay for a 8 dollar beer at Owen field....just sayin)

unbiasedtruth
9/8/2009, 01:15 AM
have to agree with instigator about the absence of a stat scoreboard.... also found myself watching the jumbotron or whatever it is called, like TV at home and not the game as of I was in the stands.....

OklahomaTuba
9/8/2009, 08:54 AM
Glad i stayed home.

kbsooner21
9/8/2009, 03:26 PM
have to agree with instigator about the absence of a stat scoreboard.... also found myself watching the jumbotron or whatever it is called, like TV at home and not the game as of I was in the stands.....

That's what I was telling my buddy. How could you not be mesmerized by that ginormous screen? I don't think I could take my eyes off of it no matter what. :eek:

Boomer.....
9/8/2009, 03:43 PM

I did also. I would try to watch the field when they were close but the screen was so much clearer.

Oldnslo
9/8/2009, 08:13 PM
I didn't even feel like I was in a stadium. With that screen, I felt like I was in a sports bar, with really bad service.

And I was in row 19. Sports fans, that's where each seat comes with a 50K bill for the seat license. It was padded, sure, but I didn't like it.

At all.

delhalew
9/8/2009, 10:56 PM
I made the comment to a whorn that, while they were playing patsies we would be playing a real opponent at Jerry world, so we would know were all the ****ters were when we went down for the Big12 Champ game.

Crow is not a favorite meal of mine.

Fraggle145
9/8/2009, 11:44 PM
Glad i stayed home.

Heh. For once we agree on something. :D

TheUnnamedSooner
9/9/2009, 05:49 PM
I enjoyed the stadium and the ****ters. The sound sucked, but the screen was fun.

StoopTroup
9/9/2009, 07:01 PM
I didn't even feel like I was in a stadium. With that screen, I felt like I was in a 1.5 billion dollar sports bar, with really bad service.

And I was in row 19. Sports fans, that's where each seat comes with a 50K bill for the seat license. It was padded, sure, but I didn't like it.

At all.

fixed. :D

Soonerfan88
9/10/2009, 12:34 AM
I wasn't impressed. Sound wasn't good, no decent stat board, no leg room (worse than older places I've been), signs weren't real clear inside directing to your level/section, screen is definitely distracting and everything was extremely overpriced. Add in the parking/tailgating idiocy and I basically give it a C. Other than being new, there was nothing to recommend it over any other stadium.

I requested Big XII CCG tickets with my renewal but not really sure I will be going back down there.

StoopTroup
9/10/2009, 05:05 AM
C + 1.5 billion = Crappie? :D

http://www.nighthawkpublications.com/images/172-02.JPG

Desert Sapper
9/10/2009, 06:22 AM
I made the comment to a whorn that, while they were playing patsies we would be playing a real opponent at Jerry world, so we would know were all the ****ters were when we went down for the Big12 Champ game.

Crow is not a favorite meal of mine.

We lost, but we probably learned a lot more as a team in week 1 than they did. Directional State games don't do anything to improve your team. As long as we are competitive by October.