PDA

View Full Version : **For those of you who watched the game on TV...**

Lott's Bandana
9/7/2009, 02:31 AM
It was much, much louder in that barn than the ESPN sound engineers allowed the broadcast to pick up.

I just watched the replay and found it rather remarkable how much crowd noise was eliminated. I assure you, although it wasn't the Tceh game, that blimp hanger was loud.

In person, I couldn't hear the band playing or even the video sound system very well, although the stadium announcer was loud and clear sounding...found that strange.

dds115
9/7/2009, 02:33 AM
Having been at the new stadium for one of the soccer games, I will say that it is one of the loudest stadiums I've been to. I can only imagine how loud it was.

illinisooner
9/7/2009, 10:40 AM
TV broadcasts do this for pretty much all games. I went to the Illinois/UNC national title game a few years back and since the game was played in St. Louis, obviously there were far more Illini fans. When the Illini came back in the second half, the noise was deafening. When I watched the game on DVR back home, you couldn't tell the crowd was any louder than if UNC was making baskets. I don't know why TV networks do this.

budbarrybob
9/7/2009, 10:43 AM
So its the predominately OU crowd that was responsible for ALL of the OU false starts... I KNEW IT! Damn it all!!

MamaMia
9/7/2009, 10:46 AM
It was much, much louder in that barn than the ESPN sound engineers allowed the broadcast to pick up.

I just watched the replay and found it rather remarkable how much crowd noise was eliminated. I assure you, although it wasn't the Tceh game, that blimp hanger was loud.

In person, I couldn't hear the band playing or even the video sound system very well, although the stadium announcer was loud and clear sounding...found that strange.

At least y'all did your part.

bluedogok
9/7/2009, 11:08 AM
TV broadcasts do this for pretty much all games. I went to the Illinois/UNC national title game a few years back and since the game was played in St. Louis, obviously there were far more Illini fans. When the Illini came back in the second half, the noise was deafening. When I watched the game on DVR back home, you couldn't tell the crowd was any louder than if UNC was making baskets. I don't know why TV networks do this.
Except for Fox broadcasts, sometimes it seems they have too much crowd noise in the broadcasts and the others too little.

From our seats (Section 133, Row 14) the BYU fans sounded louder but then they were directly across the field from us so it was very directional at us. My father and my uncle were sitting up in Section 447 and said it was very loud, so maybe a bunch of that sound isn't making its way down to the field and the field level mikes aren't picking it up? The test will be a Cowboys game on Fox since they like more crowd noise.

Soonerus
9/7/2009, 11:12 AM
The stadium is so big the shotgun blasts echoed...

stoopified
9/7/2009, 11:22 AM
Looks like a great place to see a game,wish I could of gone.

bluedogok
9/7/2009, 11:54 AM
The stadium is so big the shotgun blasts echoed...
My dad was on that end of the stadium, he said it was deafening. On our end of the field there was a definite boom echo.

Lott's Bandana
9/7/2009, 01:28 PM
My dad was on that end of the stadium, he said it was deafening. On our end of the field there was a definite boom echo.

Glad you guys brought that up...those shotguns sounded like sonic booms!

Wanted to hear them more...:(