PDA

View Full Version : Getting off Lucky

soonerboy
9/7/2009, 02:18 AM
We have Idaho State next week, and then Tulsa. Tulsa is a good ball team but we have nearly a month from the time Sammy B got injured until the Miami game. Best case scenario we win those two easy ones get the o-line some good game experience, get Landry acclimated to game speed not saying that hes not but im saying it would be nice for him to get some game experience without him running for his life every play.

olevetonahill
9/7/2009, 02:27 AM
With a Back up QB and a New Line
Unless this O line Jells
Tulsa aint gonna be a cake walk .

Crucifax Autumn
9/7/2009, 02:28 AM
Tulsa looked pretty tough to me.

olevetonahill
9/7/2009, 02:30 AM
Tulsa looked pretty tough to me.

Zackley
With out Sam and this O line
that game Is NOT a Gimme

Chuck Bao
9/7/2009, 03:07 AM
What are you talking about? Tulsa is not BYU. I think we can score more than 13 points. I hope we can score more than 13 points. We are capable of scoring more than 13 points. We are gonna go on a tear and score 50 points by half time. It is going to be just video game sick.

olevetonahill
9/7/2009, 03:11 AM
What are you talking about? Tulsa is not BYU. I think we can score more than 13 points. I hope we can score more than 13 points. We are capable of scoring more than 13 points. We are gonna go on a tear and score 50 points by half time. It is going to be just video game sick.

I totally ****ing agree :cool:
But I aint drankin the Cool aid till 1/2 time ;)

Crucifax Autumn
9/7/2009, 03:34 AM
Tulsa may not be BYU, but I watched their game and they don't exactly look like pushovers. They looked pretty stout to me.

olevetonahill
9/7/2009, 03:35 AM
Tulsa may not be BYU, but I watched their game and they don't exactly look like pushovers. They looked pretty stout to me.

What Im sayin
If our O line aint got their shat together by then
That game is a toss up:eek:

Crucifax Autumn
9/7/2009, 03:36 AM
That's so sad to even think, but it's true.

olevetonahill
9/7/2009, 03:47 AM
That's so sad to even think, but it's true.

Sorry
Idaho st. Is a Gimme
after that shat gets tuff .

Frozen Sooner
9/7/2009, 04:03 AM
The last time we had an OL this shaky we barely beat Tulsa (the final score was a bit deceiving.) We also had Adrian Peterson in the backfield.

I think we'll win, but then I thought we'd beat BYU.

olevetonahill
9/7/2009, 04:21 AM
The last time we had an OL this shaky we barely beat Tulsa (the final score was a bit deceiving.) We also had Adrian Peterson in the backfield.

I think we'll win, but then I thought we'd beat BYU.

Agreed
Hell I thot we pull the BYU game out in the end .
Hell Ive watched it 3 times
and still Think we can win it :D

SoonerShay
9/7/2009, 05:00 AM
Tulsa just played Tulane..... they had like 2 wins last year, against, wait for it, that awesome La Monroe team texass just played and southern methodist.

Tulsa beat them 56 to 7 last year but only had 1 offensive touchdown after the first quarter this year.

Who would you pick in a game between BYU and Tulsa? With all the crap that went wrong in the game that same BYU team beat us by 1 point.

I realize knee jerk reaction are normal for fan"atics", but jesus some of you need to get some perspective. We lost but some are making it out to be so much worse than it was. Go back and watch the game and you will see positives in it. I'll bet my condo we won't fumble the ball once against them or have a quadrillion procedure penalties.

We didn't lose because of talent, we lost mainly on stupidity and Bradford getting hurt. You can overcome stupidity and get better, but you can't do a thing about a talent deficiency.

Crucifax Autumn
9/7/2009, 05:06 AM
I agree that there were lots of positives. I also think that based on the negatives it's not prudent to just assume that Tulsa will be an easy game. And this is coming from a guy who still thinks we have a shot at the big dance.

SoonerShay
9/7/2009, 05:15 AM
I don't think it will be an easy game now, especially with Landry Jones the starter. I have no idea how he will play against them. I do think we will win by 2 touchdowns though and thru the course of the game, get better and better as it wears on.

Just cutting out the stupid turnovers, and still having the procedure penalties. We would of had another touchdown and more than likely 2, we were driving pretty easily when Broyles fumbled the ball away.

olevetonahill
9/7/2009, 05:19 AM
Tulsa just played Tulane..... they had like 2 wins last year, against, wait for it, that awesome La Monroe team texass just played and southern methodist.

Tulsa beat them 56 to 7 last year but only had 1 offensive touchdown after the first quarter this year.

Who would you pick in a game between BYU and Tulsa? With all the crap that went wrong in the game that same BYU team beat us by 1 point.

I realize knee jerk reaction are normal for fan"atics", but jesus some of you need to get some perspective. We lost but some are making it out to be so much worse than it was. Go back and watch the game and you will see positives in it. I'll bet my condo we won't fumble the ball once against them or have a quadrillion procedure penalties.

We didn't lose because of talent, we lost mainly on stupidity and Bradford getting hurt. You can overcome stupidity and get better, but you can't do a thing about a talent deficiency.

Back up Boy
I aint sayin the sky is falling
All Im saying is "IF" the O line Dont jell Tulsa aint gonna be a cake walk