PDA

View Full Version : The Real ? Mark on the O-LINE

LawtonBoy74
9/6/2009, 04:49 PM
Every position on the o-line last night looked pretty good except one.....
You guessed it that was RT #70 Cory Brandon, countless false starts and holding penalties

The O-line gave 110% on every play which I am happy about but they had too many mental errors. Compared to last year every position on the O-line is just as good except for the RT Cory Brandon is replacing Trent Williams essentially, which is a considerable drop off in talent..

The only argument I have for Cory is that it wasnt his fault Sam got hurt...the play Sam got hurt on was actually a mental pass blocking error on Sam Bradford and Trent Williams, because Sam Bradford was "hot" because he had more defenders than blockers on his hot side which means throw to the hot read..secondly even though Sam was hot Trent blocked the looper instead of the penatrator (2nd guy instead of 1st guy) as a former college O-lineman it was very disappointing to see this mistake happen and more importantly cost us the game

Sirus
9/6/2009, 05:34 PM
It's always good to have someone post some good insight, especially if they have playing knowledge like you. thanx for the info and the breakdown.

htownsooner7
9/6/2009, 07:45 PM
I still think its hard to assess what this line is capable of. Whats most troubling for me is that the coaches had no confidence in them, even before Sam got hurt. We hardly ever threw the ball down the field, a sign to me that we didn't think Sam would have time. Very disappointing.

LawtonBoy74
9/6/2009, 07:48 PM
Looking at the game again if you take out all the penalties and miscues of the offense..WE ARE A DAMN GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM!!! I'm excited about this year!!

rainiersooner
9/6/2009, 10:38 PM
Looking at the game again if you take out all the penalties and miscues of the offense..WE ARE A DAMN GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM!!! I'm excited about this year!!

That's a lot to take out!! :)

All kidding aside - appreciate the insight. It reminds me of the phrase "for the want of a nail, the war was lost" or something like that.

Soonerus
9/6/2009, 10:43 PM
Brandon had 5....count them 5 false starts...

JLEW1818
9/6/2009, 10:46 PM
mental... mental... mental

StoopTroup
9/6/2009, 10:47 PM
Every position on the o-line last night looked pretty good except one.....
You guessed it that was RT #70 Cory Brandon, countless false starts and holding penalties

The O-line gave 110% on every play which I am happy about but they had too many mental errors. Compared to last year every position on the O-line is just as good except for the RT Cory Brandon is replacing Trent Williams essentially, which is a considerable drop off in talent..

The only argument I have for Cory is that it wasnt his fault Sam got hurt...the play Sam got hurt on was actually a mental pass blocking error on Sam Bradford and Trent Williams, because Sam Bradford was "hot" because he had more defenders than blockers on his hot side which means throw to the hot read..secondly even though Sam was hot Trent blocked the looper instead of the penatrator (2nd guy instead of 1st guy) as a former college O-lineman it was very disappointing to see this mistake happen and more importantly cost us the game

Trent just missed blocking that guy. If he'd a got a hand on him at least...it might have played differently. That blitz was the worst problem the line had last night IMO.

I still think we have a good O-line.

I'm betting Trent feels badly about missing that guy.

We have to shake it off though. Sam is a big guy and just fell wrong when he went down. It was surreal to watch.