PDA

View Full Version : If your feelings get hurt easily....

Sirus
9/6/2009, 04:09 PM
You may want to leave the board. I'm a realist and I will post accordingly. If you can't handle the truth then I will not be responsible for your tears. The people I am discussing know who they are.

bonkuba
9/6/2009, 04:12 PM
The truth is we just got beat by a bunch of f'n Mormons......

Anyway life goes on....

Boomer!!

OUHOMER
9/6/2009, 04:12 PM
Go for it, I will see if I can handle it.

:pop:

Sirus
9/6/2009, 04:15 PM
Just ranting guys. Some members here are negging me when I point out the truth about how crappy we played. I'm not some troll who flew in and started ripping the sooners. I have been a member for years. Just because I don't have a trillion posts doesn't mean I am any less of a fan.

CK Sooner
9/6/2009, 04:20 PM
If someone negs you it means they don't approve of your posts. Take it and move on.

Sirus
9/6/2009, 04:21 PM
So what your saying is you don't approve of the truth. fair enough.

CK Sooner
9/6/2009, 04:24 PM
So what your saying is you don't approve of the truth. fair enough.

Whatever you want to think, but making a thread whining about people negging you is pretty low.

Sirus
9/6/2009, 04:26 PM
CK, I have been a Sooner longer than you have been alive....just sayin'

CK Sooner
9/6/2009, 04:29 PM

Point?

OUHOMER
9/6/2009, 04:34 PM
Tell it like you see it. I dont have a problem with, not that I am anybody special.

I see a few think our D deserved a A+ because we held them to 14. I disagree C maybe.

bonkuba
9/6/2009, 04:34 PM
Meaning he may be a old effer like me.....or I feel like that since I hit 40

Sirus
9/6/2009, 04:38 PM
My point is that you would probably not be on my tier or level when it comes to the pain and suffering we had to endure as fans in the 90's since you were still running around in your diaper trying to get momma to change it for you. So, when I speak the truth about how sorry we performed last night, you can't reminisce as I can of those horrid years that I have no wish to revisit again.

We are still a damn good team, I was just pointing out that if they don't get it together after that abortion of a game we had, we can lose more than we had expected. Ask Nebraska/Notre Dumb/Michigan what that means.

CK Sooner
9/6/2009, 04:41 PM
My point is that you would probably not be on my tier or level when it comes to the pain and suffering we had to endure as fans in the 90's since you were still running around in your diaper trying to get momma to change it for you. So, when I speak the truth about how sorry we performed last night, you can't reminisce as I can of those horrid years that I have no wish to revisit again.

We are still a damn good team, I was just pointing out that if they don't get it together after that abortion of a game we had, we can lose more than we had expected. Ask Nebraska/Notre Dumb/Michigan what that means.

LOL

OUHOMER
9/6/2009, 04:45 PM
I hear you, I was thinking after the game that I could justify this loss if we would have played well, But i thought we played like crap all night, both offense and defense. When we needed one or the other to step up. they failed, either out of position or stupid penalties.

And yes, i sat through the tough years will smelly and blake

SoonerStormchaser
9/6/2009, 04:46 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_A0F9qTwBOq4/SDhy0rGNnqI/AAAAAAAAAew/ZG3b-z3I-2E/s400/jacktruth.jpg

StoopTroup
9/6/2009, 04:48 PM

I think you got your feelings hurt and haven't posted in a long time and are here just to vent. That's OK. Just don't get so upset if folks call you on your views.

I don't care for folks who bash on players. I'm not saying you did that...I'm just saying it's happened in the last 24 hours. Some folks got their feelings hurt when they didn't let it go. It happens.

You'll be fine if your a longtime Sooner. Just keep practicing on your posting.

Sirus
9/6/2009, 04:53 PM
I would say that if your feelings aren't hurt then you wouldn't be a sooner. Of course my feelings are hurt.
When a person who is the same age as my daughter negs me for saying that BYU used their time to prepare better than OUr team, I have to defend that by letting them know that it's sad but true.

A-M
9/6/2009, 04:54 PM
Tell it like you see it. I dont have a problem with, not that I am anybody special.

I see a few think our D deserved a A+ because we held them to 14. I disagree C maybe.

I'm with you. Holding BYU to 14 points does not mean our D was any good. They should not have had the 14 points if our D had been able to stop the run and pass up the middle at all! If our D does not improve very quickly, our O is going to have to score over 50 points a game just to have a shot at winning the game. From what I saw of our O last night even with Sam in, that is not going to happen very often, much less every game. I think it may prove to be a very long season for us this year.:(

GrapevineSooner
9/6/2009, 04:56 PM
If you post a thread about how much you've been negged and title it 'If your feelings get hurt easily...', you might want to look at the psychological term called 'Projection'.

Just sayin'.

I Am Right
9/6/2009, 04:56 PM
Whatever you want to think, but making a thread whining about people negging you is pretty low.

Pot meet kettle

Sirus
9/6/2009, 04:57 PM
I know it has been pointed out on other threads, but I will agree with most on here about the coaching staff needing to take the blame on this one. Not just one particular department but all of them.

StoopTroup
9/6/2009, 05:00 PM
If you post a thread about how much you've been negged and title it 'If your feelings get hurt easily...', you might want to look at the psychological term called 'Projection'.

Just sayin'.

Nice.

CK Sooner
9/6/2009, 05:02 PM

Just sayin'.

Exactly.

SicEmBaylor
9/6/2009, 05:04 PM

'Give me a f-ing break. Pain and suffering you suffered in the 90s? Oh God, how did you survive without slitting your wrists every Saturday? Woe must be you.

You're a fan of one of the most storied programs in the nation, and you're whining about some bad years in the 90s and a loss on Saturday? It's a good thing you didn't go to school at a lesser program because your fragile psyche may not have been able to hand it.

Maybe I'm just used to losing, but whining about how hard it is to be a fan annoys the **** out of me. Losing sucks (I would know) but it happens. Have some stiff drinks on Saturday night and then move on. I get annoyed to no end listening to fans of schools like OU, USC, UT, 'Bama, etc. whine about how hard it is to be a fan of their team. :eyeroll:

StoopTroup
9/6/2009, 05:05 PM
Go Baylor....lol

Sirus
9/6/2009, 05:07 PM
I see that some of you are still missing the main point, so I will do my best to clarify that and then I will move on and be done with it because it is getting out of hand.
I don't care about getting negged. I wouldn't care if I had a million negs. It's about someone telling me that my opinion is bogus without having any real rebuttal to stand on. Take off your rosy-crimson-glasses and be a real fan. If the team stinks it up, don't call it o.k., it's just a boo-boo, mama will make it alright.

OUHOMER
9/6/2009, 05:08 PM
'Give me a f-ing break. Pain and suffering you suffered in the 90s? Oh God, how did you survive without slitting your wrists every Saturday? Woe must be you.

You're a fan of one of the most storied programs in the nation, and you're whining about some bad years in the 90s and a loss on Saturday? It's a good thing you didn't go to school at a lesser program because your fragile psyche may not have been able to hand it.

Maybe I'm just used to losing, but whining about how hard it is to be a fan annoys the **** out of me. Losing sucks (I would know) but it happens. Have some stiff drinks on Saturday night and then move on. I get annoyed to no end listening to fans of schools like OU, USC, UT, 'Bama, etc. whine about how hard it is to be a fan of their team. :eyeroll:

Thats why we aren't BU. Thank GOD;)

Sirus
9/6/2009, 05:16 PM
Thanx OUHOMER. I was just about to say the same thing. Sicem', I used to hope for you to feel like we do. To have a winning season so that you know how hard it is to accept that your team, who should have won against inferior players loses when they shouldn't have because your highly paid coaching staff didn't pull their heads out of their collective @$$es.
But you will never have those feelings cuz your team will always suc.

StoopTroup
9/6/2009, 05:18 PM
Thanx OUHOMER. I was just about to say the same thing. Sicem', I used to hope for you to feel like we do. To have a winning season so that you know how hard it is to accept that your team, who should have won against inferior players loses when they shouldn't have because your highly paid coaching staff didn't pull their heads out of their collective @$$es.
But you will never have those feelings cuz your team will always suc.

You've never seen a SicEm after game rant.

Are you two related?

Also...SicEm was raised in Oklahoma.

SicEmBaylor
9/6/2009, 05:21 PM
You've never seen a SicEm after game rant.

Are you two related?

**** man, I stopped ranting a long time ago. Now I just put my head down like a beaten puppy and walk away. :D

My point in all of this is that at the end of the day you're OU and there's no reason to whine about how hard you've had it in the past or how bad one game was because you're OU and there are always going to be plenty of magnificent seasons in the future. We'd kill our mothers to have Stoops' worst season.

(I exaggerate only slightly)

The thing that I'd really be worrying about is Bradford's health.

SoonerEmpire
9/6/2009, 05:57 PM

you would probably not be on my tier or level when it comes to the pain and suffering we had to endure as fans in the 90's since you were still running around in your diaper trying to get momma to change it for you.

That's funny, because YOU'RE the one acting like a 4 year old, because some other people hurt your feelings by negging you for saying something they don't agree with. :rolleyes: And for the record, I have never negged you that I am aware of, but I SHOULD simply because of how much SUCK you are displaying. But I won't, because I'm a nice guy. ;)

I totally agree. On the other hand, if we DO get it together, we can WIN a whole lot of games too. See? It's called common sense and objectivity. Try it sometime, Captain Obvious!

okcusooner
9/6/2009, 07:02 PM
You may want to leave the board. I'm a realist and I will post accordingly. If you can't handle the truth then I will not be responsible for your tears. The people I am discussing know who they are.

Sirus:

That is just the nature of the beast on this site. Most every team has its share of knee-jerk, uncritically thinking loudmouths. It just seems that OU's share gravitate heavily to this site. These sort seem to hold the following beliefs.

1. The quality of a person's posts are directly related to the quantity of their posts.

2. That you can't be an OU fan if you point out any glaring weaknesses in that year's particular team.

3. Legitimate disagreements with a poster's point do not have to include supporting facts...instead, just calling the poster some derogatory term is sufficent.

4. It's really important to rate other's comments.

On this site you will often be outshouted by a contingent with sound and fury that are really significant of nothing. Just remember, speak reason to a fool and he'll call you foolish.

Keep posting. Head up.

Curly Bill
9/6/2009, 07:08 PM
Sirus:

That is just the nature of the beast on this site. Most every team has its share of knee-jerk, uncritically thinking loudmouths. It just seems that OU's share gravitate heavily to this site. These sort seem to hold the following beliefs.

1. The quality of a person's posts are directly related to the quantity of their posts.

2. That you can't be an OU fan if you point out any glaring weaknesses in that year's particular team.

3. Legitimate disagreements with a poster's point do not have to include supporting facts...instead, just calling the poster some derogatory term is sufficent.

4. It's really important to rate other's comments.

On this site you will often be outshouted by a contingent with sound and fury that are really significant of nothing. Just remember, speak reason to a fool and he'll call you foolish.

Keep posting. Head up.

Listen you idjit, I've been about as critical as anyone on here with the way we played, and especially with our coaching staff who quite frankly if KW and BV were both put on the street today I'd be happy as hell, and you know what: not one neg has come my way, and not a great many bad comments.

Most of the grief you're catching has to do with the way you keep whining about the way you're being treated. You're the kid in school that's always whining about being treated so poorly, woe is me, and guess what's going to happen? You're going to keep getting treated like crap because not many peeps like a whiney little crybaby.

okcusooner
9/6/2009, 07:40 PM
Listen you idjit, I've been about as critical as anyone on here with the way we played, and especially with our coaching staff who quite frankly if KW and BV were both put on the street today I'd be happy as hell, and you know what: not one neg has come my way, and not a great many bad comments.

Most of the grief you're catching has to do with the way you keep whining about the way you're being treated. You're the kid in school that's always whining about being treated so poorly, woe is me, and guess what's going to happen? You're going to keep getting treated like crap because not many peeps like a whiney little crybaby.

Sirus:

Case in point is Curly Bill...who has the time to accumulate over 10,000 posts? What type of life does such a person have, and would you have any confidence in such a person's rhetoric?

Bill:

First of all, I am not in school. Nor am I an idiot. I have two undergraduate degrees, have worked in news/talk radio on both the west and east coast, earned a J.D., passed the bar and work at a major gas exploration company.

Nor do I feel I have to name myself after movie characters or append movie quotes to my postings...though I probably would have thought it was cool to do so back in high school.

You and your ilk who reflexively green spek anything eachother say are pathetic and make this site a lot less than what it could be.

StoopTroup
9/6/2009, 07:43 PM
You and your ilk who reflexively green spek anything eachother say are pathetic and make this site a lot less than what it could be.

Boy are we glad your here to save SoonerFans.com

Nice job so far.

Curly Bill
9/6/2009, 07:44 PM
Sirus:

Case in point is Curly Bill...who has the time to accumulate over 10,000 posts? What type of life does such a person have, and would you have any confidence in such a person's rhetoric?

Bill:

First of all, I am not in school. Nor am I an idiot. I have two undergraduate degrees, have worked in news/talk radio on both the west and east coast, earned a J.D., passed the bar and work at a major gas exploration company.

Nor do I feel I have to name myself after movie characters or append movie quotes to my postings...though I probably would have thought it was cool to do so back in high school.

Got your feelers hurt huh?

What with the two undergraduate degrees and everything, and you're still just a sensitive little boy. That's cute. ;)

CK Sooner
9/6/2009, 07:46 PM
Got your feelers hurt huh?

What with the two undergraduate degrees and everything, and you're still just a sensitive little boy. That's cute. ;)

:P

CBUS_SOONER
9/6/2009, 07:53 PM
People show true colors in the face of adversity. I would not want many people on the board in my corner when things get tough.

okcusooner
9/6/2009, 07:54 PM
:P

5600 posts. You are the classic example of people who talk a lot, but say very little.

Get a life...visit some other website...read something other than Sooners Illustrated. Hell, go out of the house out and get some real world experience, maybe it will sharpen your analytical abilities and teach you that less really can be more.

CK Sooner
9/6/2009, 08:01 PM
5600 posts. You are the classic example of people who talk a lot, but say very little.

Get a life...visit some other website...read something other than Sooners Illustrated. Hell, go out of the house out and get some real world experience, maybe it will sharpen your analytical abilities and teach you that less really can be more.

Maybe YOU should take a hint. Look under your name, do you see that red bar? It means your not wanted. Now scurry off and bother someone else little girl.

Okla-homey
9/6/2009, 08:01 PM

Sic'em,
That was a cogent, well reasoned and artfully drafted post. You are to be commended. And, someone alert the media, I agree with every word.

Spek!

P.S. I am now convinced you in fact are not learning disabled.;)

CBUS_SOONER
9/6/2009, 08:04 PM
Boys, We are all sooners... C mon

okiewaker
9/6/2009, 08:12 PM

SOONERnTx
9/6/2009, 09:51 PM
My opinion is the O-line lost this game, not the D, and not Landry! I was pulling my hair out everytime we got a drive killing offensive penalty. I can't remember the last time we have had that many offensive penalties. Did they not practice at all during the off-season. Was playing in Cowboys Stadium too much for them? Somehow I don't think that game helped with recruiting like it was supposed to. Lets try to stick with playing home games in NORMAN, please!

CrimsonJim
9/6/2009, 11:09 PM
My opinion is the O-line lost this game, not the D, and not Landry! I was pulling my hair out everytime we got a drive killing offensive penalty. I can't remember the last time we have had that many offensive penalties. Did they not practice at all during the off-season. Was playing in Cowboys Stadium too much for them? Somehow I don't think that game helped with recruiting like it was supposed to. Lets try to stick with playing home games in NORMAN, please!

I don't know. If I were a stud high school O-lineman, I would be envisioning some early playing time after watching that game. :D

prrriiide
9/6/2009, 11:47 PM

It should be noted that this is the first loss for a Bob Stoops team in which the opponent only scored 14 points. The D did their job. They produced 4 turnovers and 6 sacks. They stifled the BYU running game. That last scoring drive, they were flat-out gassed. Bad timing, but them's the breaks.

They should not have had the 14 points if our D had been able to stop the run and pass up the middle at all!

I'm not sure what game you were watching. The one I watched, OU held BYU to 28 yards rushing on 33 attempts for a .8 YPC average. That is a stifling run defense.

okcusooner
9/6/2009, 11:57 PM
It should be noted that this is the first loss for a Bob Stoops team in which the opponent only scored 14 points. The D did their job. They produced 4 turnovers and 6 sacks. They stifled the BYU running game. That last scoring drive, they were flat-out gassed. Bad timing, but them's the breaks.

I'm not sure what game you were watching. The one I watched, OU held BYU to 28 yards rushing on 33 attempts for a .8 YPC average. That is a stifling run defense.

Good points. Nice post.

AlbqSooner
9/7/2009, 07:22 AM

Do you REAAAALLLY want to play that card, Sirius? I have been watching OU on TV since the early part of the 47 game winning streak (before you were born if your profile is accurate.)

I still don't know chit.:D

As for enduring hard times, watching the Sooners on TV in those days didn't include COLOR, much less Hi Def.:eek: :eek: :eek:

badger
9/7/2009, 08:31 AM

I love our resident baylor fan. The board wouldn't be the same without him - go ahead and look up his original post. It made every poster laugh harder than any "first post" in the history of sf.com

(and btw, congrats on revenging wake forest)

StoopTroup
9/7/2009, 08:46 AM
Some people think SicEm is a troll...but I know for a fact he's a real person. Every time I set a Barbie Doll next to the VooDoo doll I had made of him...he posts in the South Oval about a possible new GF.

stoopified
9/7/2009, 09:14 AM
I love our resident baylor fan. The board wouldn't be the same without him - go ahead and look up his original post. It made every poster laugh harder than any "first post" in the history of sf.com

(and btw, congrats on revenging wake forest)I think Sic em should make us all realize how spoiled Sooner fans are.

Sooner70
9/7/2009, 09:20 AM
SoonernTx.....agree......Offensively,OU was atrocious. They looked like Ned in the First Grade out there. I'm with Sirius when he indicated it was Deja Vous all over again with the Blake teams of the '90's. I remember cheering for a series of downs without penalty. A field goal was cause for elation. A TD was pure ecstasy.

I thought the Defense played reasonable well till the last TD & they fished in to that good tight end (Pitta?) who'd been catching balls all nite & left that lone guy in the end zone uncovered.

I'm thinking (hoping) BYU is a better team than we all think. Like maybe Top 10 material. At least that would make me feel better.

OU was on a good series with the running game & then they went back to failed passes. Doesn't make sense. Also, if you can't get the ball in from the 1 foot line, one has to question whether a team deserves to win the game. That was as sorry an effort as we saw in the NC game when OU got inside Fla one yard line. No poise. I think KW tries to get too fancy in those situations. All that audibling, raising up, signal calling and attempts to confuse the defense only serves to confuse the offensive line. Get to the line, set the line & call the damn play.....blow off the ball and block for Chris Brown or Demarco and the the dang ball in the end zone. Forget about all that fancy crap. It's just a needless distraction that only serves the purpose of drawing a penalty...which it did.

badger
9/7/2009, 09:31 AM
Some people think SicEm is a troll...but I know for a fact he's a real person. Every time I set a Barbie Doll next to the VooDoo doll I had made of him...he posts in the South Oval about a possible new GF.

Most trolls don't stick around for 12,000 posts :D

Since it would probably be difficult to find is original post, here's the way I remember it - SicEm starts a new thread (back in the era where n00bs could start new threads) in the football board the week before the Baylor game.

SicEm posts something like this: We Baylor Bears are gonna beat you to a pulp and crush your championship hopes! Sic Em Bears!

And everyone was all like "Grrr, I'm a scary bear" and laughed him off because we'd never heard what Baylor trash talking sounded like before.

Since then, he's become the resident Baylor fan, not only because Baylor does not have many fans, but also because Baylor does not have many fans that would venture over to a Sooner message board... perhaps they'd go to the Texas A&M board to read the latest 'uncover is not a tradition, you stupid uncover nazis' thread (http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1473883&forum_id=5), but not to an OU board.

badger
9/7/2009, 09:38 AM
read something other than Sooners Illustrated.

I agree... read Sooner Spectator. Jay et al do a very good job and provide excellent coverage of not just football, but other Sooner sports and athletes that you might not be aware of.

Hey look! A link at the top of the page where you can become a subscriber!

A-M
9/7/2009, 10:59 AM
Do you REAAAALLLY want to play that card, Sirius? I have been watching OU on TV since the early part of the 47 game winning streak (before you were born if your profile is accurate.)

I still don't know chit.:D

As for enduring hard times, watching the Sooners on TV in those days didn't include COLOR, much less Hi Def.:eek: :eek: :eek:

I remember that 47 game winning streak well. How I cried when ND won that game to end the streak. Our TV was a little 9 or 10 inch black and white that didn't have a very good picture, but it was still OU football and we were glued to the picture. What a sad day it was!!!:( :( :(

A-M
9/7/2009, 11:14 AM
Maybe YOU should take a hint. Look under your name, do you see that red bar? It means your not wanted. Now scurry off and bother someone else little girl.

Hey CK, is that why you gave me all that red under my name yesterday. Well, get use to those on this board who do not agree with you because I am here to stay. Of course, you can always just wait for me to die cause I am not a little kid as you. I know that everyone has their own opinion and that's what makes the world go around and without it, I'm not sure I would want to be here. Personally, I couldn't care less about the color under my name, but some people like yourself sure do seem to think that it is important.
So, keep coloring and enjoying it!