PDA

View Full Version : Why do all the closet OU fans come on this board when we lose??

LawtonBoy74
9/6/2009, 02:38 PM
I've never seen this many people on here before..some of you fans only show up when something negative happens.. Before the season started I never seen a lot of you.. We have a sad fan base when you only show your opinions when your team is down

HappyClappyMackBrown
9/6/2009, 02:41 PM
Perhaps because it is human nature?

Some people choose to vent in different ways I suppose. I wouldn't paint an entire fan base based on the opinions you read on a message board...

LawtonBoy74
9/6/2009, 02:45 PM
I'm just sampling

SapulpaSooner
9/6/2009, 02:48 PM
This is the time to find out who the real OU fans are.

BOOMER

StoopTroup
9/6/2009, 02:49 PM
Shame on you!! Thats one major phase, where Poke fans outshine us

I think your wrong about that. They outshine us like a supernova.

http://74.52.120.66/~nkd715/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/istockphoto_241043_supernova1.jpg

LawtonBoy74
9/6/2009, 03:10 PM
I like supernovas!! :D

Chuck Bao
9/6/2009, 03:19 PM
I'm guessing that some just want to vent. Others feel the need to reconfirm the fact that they will always be OU fans. It is a mixed bag and certainly no reason to put down first time posters as bandwagon fans.

Many of us read this board and don't post because we really can't add much to the discussion during offseason because we aren't close to the coaches or players.

LEAVE the Newbs alone.

Now, if these newbs were trash talking before the game and finger pointing after the game, let them have it! If they are saying bad things about the OU student athletes representing our school, may fire and brimstone rain down on their heads.

The coaches, on the other hand, are paid professionals. They should take responsibility and not throw the student athletes under the bus as an excuse. I'm not saying that they are doing that. I just hate to see the finger pointing when some of these kids are doing their best.

LawtonBoy74
9/6/2009, 03:23 PM
I'll agree there, I was very disappointed when Stoops didnt take the credit for the loss:mad: Wheneve we lost when I played my coach was always first to take the blame the performance on the field is a direct representation of the coaching staff in every sport!!

StoopTroup
9/6/2009, 03:29 PM
Chuck...

Venting is one thing. Flaming is a whole different thing.

85sooners
9/6/2009, 03:33 PM
****!!!!!!!!!!

SoonerInSpringdale
9/6/2009, 03:44 PM
I've never seen this many people on here before..some of you fans only show up when something negative happens.. Before the season started I never seen a lot of you.. We have a sad fan base when you only show your opinions when your team is down

I guess you are the only one allowed on the board because you joined at a certain time?

I have been posting on OU forums on the internet for years. I have been a lurker reading on these forums for a year, I have been an active name and forum member for months on here, and I chose today to post. It was very positive as well.

Why do you get to decide who gets to come, go, or stay?

Chuck Bao
9/6/2009, 04:10 PM
Chuck...

Venting is one thing. Flaming is a whole different thing.

How can you tell? So, these first time posting OU bandwagon fans are flaming? I can see some fans flaming if they did the trash talking before.

As long as nobody flames our student athletes, then I'm okay with it. That is not to say that I approve.

LawtonBoy74
9/6/2009, 04:31 PM
I guess you are the only one allowed on the board because you joined at a certain time?

I have been posting on OU forums on the internet for years. I have been a lurker reading on these forums for a year, I have been an active name and forum member for months on here, and I chose today to post. It was very positive as well.

Why do you get to decide who gets to come, go, or stay?

I'm not deciding on who gets to come, go , or stay...I just asked a simple question read the thread title

okiewaker
9/6/2009, 05:00 PM
I haven't posted much, only from time to time but, I have been on here quite a while. I like to read more than post. I would have more posts but my computer crashed four hears ago so I scrapped my old user name of nittanysooner and started a new one with a new computer. Just because I don't post much or others don't post much, to me, doesn't make them a bandwagon fan. Maybe they are doing something other than spending time on a computer.

LawtonBoy74
9/6/2009, 05:02 PM
Why are some of you sounding so guilty??

StoopTroup
9/6/2009, 05:02 PM
If your gonna be a closet fan...you have to do it just right.

http://theinspirationroom.com/daily/commercials/2009/1/heineken-walk-in-fridge.jpg

RJSooner
9/6/2009, 05:03 PM
Its also the first game of the season... it always heats up this time every year... havent you been here long enough to realize?

win or lose.

LawtonBoy74
9/6/2009, 05:05 PM
I like that closet!! :D

westbrooke
9/6/2009, 05:45 PM
Why are some of you sounding so guilty??

Because contrary to your earlier assertion, you didn't just ask a simple question. Your post was filled with implicit criticism that you then made explicit when you said "Shame on you!!" at the end. Like the others trying to defend themselves, I've been here for years, mostly for recruiting news, and I can't add anything to that discussion because I have no connections to coaches, players, or prospects. Hence, no posts. Signed up well before the game without realizing I'd have to wait a week before I was authorized to post anything.

"New to soonerfans" does not equal "new Sooner fan." What you're calling guilt is more likely bristling at having Sooner loyalty called into question just because they're new to an internet site. We're all on the same team here. Well... except for Lid. ;)

LawtonBoy74
9/6/2009, 05:49 PM
ok, well...I understand what your saying....But Its alot of new people on here or people who normally dont post bashing the sooners..All i'm saying is take the good with the bad, I wanna hear all thoughts when things are going good and when things are going bad..I'm a fan of OU and a fan of fans

westbrooke
9/6/2009, 05:59 PM
Right on. And I'll try to show up more frequently on the main football board where I can actually talk about what I saw instead of just leaching info from people like CK and SNP on the recruiting board...

MamaMia
9/6/2009, 06:18 PM

Maybe they come to vent, or for some clarity or maybe just for some cheering up?

okcusooner
9/6/2009, 06:47 PM
Maybe they come to vent, or for some clarity or maybe just for some cheering up?

I've been a die-hard fan since 1978. I post mostly during the season, and mostly after losses; the very time when most issues are ripe for discussion. I find there isn't really much to say after the standard 50-point blowout. The blowouts generally speak for themselves.

Unfortunately, I have also noticed some extreme hubris in many of the "veteran" posters. Often, but not always, there is an inverse relationship between the number of times a person posts and the quality of their contributions. Hence many, not all, of the people with 10,000+ posts (often with screen names of a former player or coach) consistently say some of the stupidest things. These are usually the people who are not just fans, but fanatics. Their whole identity is so intimately tied to OU football that they cannot brook any criticism of the program from other serious OU fans who happen to have other balances in their lives.

Further, many don't post during spring practice or August practices, because they realize that what really matters is what happens on the field during the game. Case in point, consider what Coach Wilson led us to believe about the offensive line the past few weeks, verses what actually showed up on the field yesterday.

LawtonBoy74
9/6/2009, 06:51 PM
That was the most well-articulated post I've seen on here in a long time

StoopTroup
9/6/2009, 06:54 PM
Case in point, consider what Coach Wilson led us to believe about the offensive line the past few weeks, verses what actually showed up on the field yesterday.

You can keep preaching that bull**** but I've poured over last nights game and your just flat wrong about the O-line.

Tear your heart off your sleeve and go back and watch the game again.

ashley
9/6/2009, 07:21 PM
There are some you never from until we lose and then they are over the board with game plans and saying all the coaches should be fired. One even said Stoops should move on. Others said the D scheme's were bad and they wouldn't know a D scheme from third base.

Curly Bill
9/6/2009, 07:26 PM
There are some you never from until we lose and then they are over the board with game plans and saying all the coaches should be fired. One even said Stoops should move on. Others said the D scheme's were bad and they wouldn't know a D scheme from third base.

...and once again we hear from the athletic department secretary. I'm guessing Bob and the boys must say hi to you every morning, and never forget secretary's day for you to so staunchy defend them. :P

okcusooner
9/6/2009, 07:27 PM
You can keep preaching that bull**** but I've poured over last nights game and your just flat wrong about the O-line.

Tear your heart off your sleeve and go back and watch the game again.

Last night I watched the game with one of my best friends. He was a 2 year starter at qb at both NEO then NSU. Prior to that he was on full academic scholarship at the Air Force Academy, then left after he was told that his eyesight was not sharp enough to be a pilot.

Of all his running commentary, what I remember most was him saying over and over, "Why aren't they picking up that delayed blitz? It keeps coming from the same guy in the same the spot."

Even if I didn't have the benefit of his insight, it wasn't hard to deduce for myself that the o-line was a big problem.

Who else should be blamed for the procedure penalties, the holding penalties, and Sam Bradford on his backside? the punter?

ashley
9/6/2009, 07:32 PM
Here you are, you always show up. I am a defender and you are a critic.
Please don't say I don't ever see anything wrong. The OC called two horrible scheme's in the championship game but generally our coaches do a good job.
Are you following me around again just to criticize.

LawtonBoy74
9/6/2009, 07:33 PM
Last night I watched the game with one of my best friends. He was a 2 year starter at qb at both NEO then NSU. Prior to that he was on full academic scholarship at the Air Force Academy, then left after he was told that his eyesight was not sharp enough to be a pilot.

Of all his running commentary, what I remember most was him saying over and over, "Why aren't they picking up that delayed blitz? It keeps coming from the same guy in the same the spot."

Even if I didn't have the benefit of his insight, it wasn't hard to deduce for myself that the o-line was a big problem.

Who else should be blamed for the procedure penalties, the holding penalties, and Sam Bradford on his backside? the punter?

Sam Bradford on his backside is actually a combination of Sam and Trents fault.. Sam was supposed to throw to the hot read since he had more blitzers than blockers coming from his "HOT SIDE" football term. And Trent picks up the looper instead of the penatrator on the blitz O-line terms..(2nd guy instead of 1st guy) Sad mistake for an All-American Left Tackle, that comes down to coaching honestly you run drills like this against blitz pick up periods in practice

LawtonBoy74
9/6/2009, 07:34 PM
Who was your buddy who played at NSU I might have played against him

swardboy
9/6/2009, 07:34 PM
Yes, I blame the punter....

CK Sooner
9/6/2009, 07:36 PM

Well I was watching the game with Brett Favre last night and he respectfully disagrees with you.

Curly Bill
9/6/2009, 07:36 PM
Here you are, you always show up. I am a defender and you are a critic.
Please don't say I don't ever see anything wrong. The OC called two horrible scheme's in the championship game but generally our coaches do a good job.
Are you following me around again just to criticize.

You might wanna look. I've posted in a lot of threads -- not just the ones you've been in.

I do like to point out though how cute it is you've taken it upon yourself to be our coaches primary defender -- supposed grown men who are paid handsomely to perform their job, which fairly or not exposes them to public scrutiny and comment.

CK Sooner
9/6/2009, 07:40 PM
You might wanna look. I've posted in a lot of threads -- not just the ones you've been in.

I do like to point out though how cute it is you've taken it upon yourself to be our coaches primary defender -- supposed grown men who are paid handsomely to perform their job, which fairly or not exposes them to public scrutiny and comment.

She/He has talked many times about their "inside sources". Remember that 40 times thread where I posted the times and then Ashley comes in saying they are bogus and she said a coach said they didn't run 40's and then like a month later they come out. I wouldn't believe anything that comes out of His/Her mouth.

okcusooner
9/6/2009, 07:47 PM
Well I was watching the game with Brett Favre last night and he respectfully disagrees with you.

Was it Sam Bradford or the center's fault for the SIX penalties accumulated by Cory Brandon? For the three false starts in the first offensive series?

ashley
9/6/2009, 07:48 PM

Like I said, you critize sometime I defend. I don't worry about the coaches, they are big boys and I gurantee you the don't read this stuff.

CK Sooner
9/6/2009, 07:48 PM
Was it Sam Bradford or the center's fault for the SIX penalties accumulated by Cory Brandon? For the three false starts in the first offensive series?

Let me call Brett, hold on.

CK Sooner
9/6/2009, 07:49 PM
Like I said, you critize sometime I defend. I don't worry about the coaches, they are big boys and I gurantee you the don't read this stuff.

U sPeel real goud.

:pop:

Curly Bill
9/6/2009, 07:49 PM

I bet you go into the office and tell em about it though, right? :D

ashley
9/6/2009, 07:55 PM
I live in just north of Houston hoss. Trust me, the coaches don't give a damn what you say. They are too busy.

CK Sooner
9/6/2009, 07:58 PM
I live in just north of Houston hoss.

Durrrr

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii186/simianraticus/Sloth-1.jpg

Curly Bill
9/6/2009, 07:59 PM
Katrina relocation?

okcusooner
9/6/2009, 08:00 PM
I live in just north of Houston hoss. Trust me, the coaches don't give a damn what you say. They are too busy.

Ashley:

Both CK and Curly are loudmouths. Very easy for them to talk big behind the keyboard. Neither would have the stones to be so bold face to face. You could give them a time and place to meet and they wouldn't show. If they did, they'd come with a gun or knife, because they are too light in the *** to back their mouth up with their fists.

Again....look at how many posts they have. What sort of normal, well adjusted person with a productive life has time to accumulate all those posts?

CK Sooner
9/6/2009, 08:03 PM
Ashley:

Both CK and Curly are loudmouths. Very easy for them to talk big behind the keyboard. Neither would have the stones to be so bold face to face. You could give them a time and place to meet and they wouldn't show. If they did, they'd come with a gun or knife, because they are too light in the *** to take back their mouth up with their fists.

Again....look at how many posts they have. What sort of normal, well adjusted person with a productive life has time to accumulate all those posts?

I would meet you anywhere little girl.

Curly Bill
9/6/2009, 08:03 PM
Ashley:

Both CK and Curly are loudmouths. Very easy for them to talk big behind the keyboard. Neither would have the stones to be so bold face to face. You could give them a time and place to meet and they wouldn't show. If they did, they'd come with a gun or knife, because they are too light in the *** to take back their mouth up with their fists.

Such big talk from such a sensitive little feller. :P

olevetonahill
9/6/2009, 08:10 PM
Ashley:

Both CK and Curly are loudmouths. Very easy for them to talk big behind the keyboard. Neither would have the stones to be so bold face to face. You could give them a time and place to meet and they wouldn't show. If they did, they'd come with a gun or knife, because they are too light in the *** to back their mouth up with their fists.

you seem to be the one making threats :rolleyes:

ashley
9/6/2009, 08:20 PM
I disavow any talk of violence.

okcusooner
9/6/2009, 08:21 PM
you seem to be the one making threats :rolleyes:

Oh look....Olevetonahill.

Funny how he always shows up in tandem with CK and Curly. Of course, 90 percent of this brilliant trio's green spek records (of which they are so proud) are contributed by the other two. It's the online equivalent of a circle jerk.

You three make Jethro look like an educated man of the world.

Curly Bill
9/6/2009, 08:22 PM

Funny how he always shows up in tandem with CK and Curly. Of course, 90 percent of this brilliant trio's green spek records (of which they are so proud) are contributed by the other two. It's the online equivalent of a circle jerk.

Well, I do have only the one undergraduate degree and a masters.

I guess that does pale in comparison to your two undergraduate degrees. ;)

Curly Bill
9/6/2009, 08:24 PM
...and Vet hasn't given me any spek in a long time! :mad:

Hey Vet, WTF is up with that ya stingy bastage? :D

StoopTroup
9/6/2009, 08:36 PM

What about the CPR and Senior Lifesaving Certs?

Did you tell him about those? :pop:

Choctaw
9/6/2009, 08:36 PM

There are many ways to support Oklahoma sports. This forum isn't the only way many of us choose to do so. Try not to be overly elitist. You have seniority on an internet forum. I bet your mom is real proud. :rolleyes:

CK Sooner
9/6/2009, 08:37 PM

How so?

ashley
9/6/2009, 08:46 PM

My gosh, a snob from academia. Does that mean you know football?
So do I but I don't brag because most people know they are pretty easy to get.

CBUS_SOONER
9/6/2009, 08:48 PM
My Dad is tougher than your dad...

ashley
9/6/2009, 08:52 PM
What about the CPR and Senior Lifesaving Certs?

Did you tell him about those? :pop:

The best of the night.

Curly Bill
9/6/2009, 08:55 PM

I just wanted to be able to stand up to your new friend academia wise. :D

...and I know reams of football -- but I have never, nor do I ever plan on reciting it for you or anyone else on here. It bores even me quite frankly. :P

CK Sooner
9/6/2009, 09:00 PM

Are we going through resumes now? Why don't you just leave....trust me no one will miss you.

:rolleyes:

Curly Bill
9/6/2009, 09:03 PM
Are we going through resumes now? Why don't you just leave....trust me no one will miss you.

:rolleyes:

Haven't you been paying attention? He/she was sent here to spy on us and report back to Bob. I hear Bob is real concerned with what we restless natives might say, and likes to keep on top of these things. :D

CK Sooner
9/6/2009, 09:06 PM
Haven't you been paying attention? He/she was sent here to spy on us and report back to Bob. I hear Bob is real concerned with what we restless natives might say, and likes to keep on top of these things. :D

:D

So Ashley, are you a guy or girl? And if your a guy then WOW.

CK Sooner
9/6/2009, 09:46 PM
I think this quote applies to our situation very well.

"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn"

StoopTroup
9/6/2009, 09:51 PM

Wat yew gotts aginst Jefro?

Crucifax Autumn
9/6/2009, 11:44 PM
I wanna be a Jefro too!