PDA

View Full Version : The Morning After

SoonerInSpringdale
9/6/2009, 02:28 PM
Hi all, new to this message board - but have been on other OU ones for years. Really like this forum though..

Trust me Folks, I take this game as hard as anyone else around here. I, like many of you, are going to hear about it all year as well. Better just get used to it.

1. If there is one positive thing to take from this game it is the Defense. It appears we are making great strides to having a good stingy defense. Hall had a lot of yards through the air, but their offense only managed 14 points. I don't care what anyone says, BYU has and always will be an offensive team. They put up points and this team will put up a ton of points this year. Our defense held them to 14 and dominated them in the run game. Reynolds looks like he has lost a few steps, but I still think he played pretty well in the run game. It appears this year we are really going to need to lean on our defense to win big games and hope that the offense can learn on the fly and catch up. Anytime your defense holds the other side to 14 points you should win the game. Great game defense and defensive coaching staff.

2. Penalties, inexperience, Penalties, Penalties, PENALTIES! I was pulling my hair out all night long. How hard is it to not false start? It isn't like this is the first time these guys have EVER played. It is just the first time these guys have started for OU. They have been playing football their whole lives. Why are you false starting so much? It was completely a disaster when it comes to our O-line. The false starts and penalties lost us the game. Many things may have factored into the loss, but everytime we had a big play, it got brought back by a hold. Anytime I thought we might start a good drive with good field position, false start. It just went on and on. You can't ask your offense to do good things when you are constantly starting out 1st and 20. This was sickening and sure hope we get it figured out or it is going to be a very, very long season.

3. Injuries did not help our cause. If Bradford is out we are going to have a very tough time winning against the elite teams in college football. We can still beat the likes of Nebraska, Oklahoma State, TAMU, Tech - the normal retards we are used to beating. Those will be tough games though without Bradford. Landry showed that he's got a decent arm, but he is no where ready to play yet and that is because he hasn't been there. If Sam is out for a couple weeks, it's going to be fun and irritating watching him grow into the position. He is the future though, so it could be a blessing in surprise.

4. Our coaches have got to wake up when we get inside the 5 against a good team. Our play calling/game management is terrible. It was terrible and cost us the game against Florida and it was terrible didn't help our cause last night. You are payed millions of dollars, figure it out. It isn't that hard.

I know everyone is upset. No one likes when their team loses, especially an Oklahoma fan. We still have a good team though. We still have a full season of football to play. As it sits right now we can STILL win the Red River Shootout, we can STILL win the Big 12 South, we can STILL win the Big 12, and as crazy as the BCS...NO ONE knows who is going to what bowl. So all things are still possible, this is not going to be a year like last year. Just own up to that fact. Do not jump the ship yet though. Gresh will be back, Sam will be back, the Defense is much improved. Many schools would kill to have their program right where we are at.

Stay behind this team, support them, cheer for them. Lets have a great year. The best is yet to come this year.