PDA

View Full Version : Putting the loss in perspective

tulsaoilerfan
9/6/2009, 12:29 PM
I picked up the Tulsa World today to see a headline on the front page about a plane crash in Tulsa that killed two prominent Tulsa doctors and the wife and 2 daughters of one of the doctors; 5 people in total died and they were on the way to Arlington to watch the OU game

I guess what i'm saying is as bad as we all feel today, things could be much worse for us; keep the families in your thoughts and prayers.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20090906_11_A1_Laural246544

BoomerSooner, esq.
9/6/2009, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the post. Puts things back in perspective.

Also, remember what Bradford and Gresham must be thinking right now. They both came back fully expecting another opportunity at a national championship.

Now, they are both on the sideline for who knows how long. They turned down millions of dollars to come back and play for OU.

This lteam oss is not nearly as costly as their potential individual loss could be.

batonrougesooner
9/6/2009, 12:39 PM
The loss of an OU football game has absolutely no bearing on my quality of life.

Same is true for virtually everyone else on here.

The stuff is fun to talk about but it really is inconsequential. I hope people can remember that.

goingoneight
9/6/2009, 12:59 PM
They just so happened to be great friends of my girlfriend... I only saw a little bit of the game between phone calls yesterday.

This apparently was a very godly family who were beloved friends in their community and avid Sooner fans. Truest definition of a dark day in the Sooner Nation and it has nothing to do with the game's outcome.

StoopTroup
9/6/2009, 01:03 PM
I picked up the Tulsa World today to see a headline on the front page about a plane crash in Tulsa that killed two prominent Tulsa doctors and the wife and 2 daughters of one of the doctors; 5 people in total died and they were on the way to Arlington to watch the OU game

I guess what i'm saying is as bad as we all feel today, things could be much worse for us; keep the families in your thoughts and prayers.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20090906_11_A1_Laural246544

I saw that last night I think.

Just saw there was a crash. No details then.

Very sad.

KOTV LINK (http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=11081792)

http://www.tulsaworld.com/articleimages/2009/20090906_A3lesters0906.jpg

SoonerObsession
9/6/2009, 01:16 PM
This family left behind a son and a daughter. I can only imagine how devastated they are. This world can be so cruel sometimes. I pray for God's peace and comfort for all who knew them.

StoopTroup
9/6/2009, 01:17 PM
^ same

batonrougesooner
9/6/2009, 01:47 PM
When I read the news blurb on this yesterday afternoon and they mentioned the fact they were heading to Dallas, I somehow knew it was going to involve a family heading down there to watch the game. Such a tragedy.

SoonerInSpringdale
9/6/2009, 02:11 PM
Horrible event. Helps put things into perspective and realize that it's just a game.

soonerx
9/7/2009, 10:30 AM
The other doctor in the crash, Ken Veteto, was my cousin. He was an amazing guy - small in stature, but big in heart. He was such a loving person, one of those people that comes up and gives you a hug if he knows you or not. Also an avid Sooner fan. He leaves behind a wife and two kids. Their son Cody (who he was going to meet at the game) was in a bad snowboarding accident just a few years ago that left him in a coma for several months and they didn't think he would make it. By a miracle of God he pulled through. So they've been through a lot in just a short amount of time. He will be missed. Please be in prayer for the families of all those that perished in the crash.

OU-HSV
9/7/2009, 10:35 AM
Sad news. And sorry for your loss soonerx

OUHOMER
9/7/2009, 10:36 AM
In, prayers for all involved, very sad deal.

spatton713
9/7/2009, 12:09 PM
wow thats horrible....does put things in perspective
i thought i had a bad weekend got in a wreck on friday (my fault) totaled my truck and could lose my job then i see the OU flop i thought it was my worst weekend ever....after hearing this story i feel blessed. My prayers go out to their family and friends.

A-M
9/7/2009, 12:18 PM
The other doctor in the crash, Ken Veteto, was my cousin. He was an amazing guy - small in stature, but big in heart. He was such a loving person, one of those people that comes up and gives you a hug if he knows you or not. Also an avid Sooner fan. He leaves behind a wife and two kids. Their son Cody (who he was going to meet at the game) was in a bad snowboarding accident just a few years ago that left him in a coma for several months and they didn't think he would make it. By a miracle of God he pulled through. So they've been through a lot in just a short amount of time. He will be missed. Please be in prayer for the families of all those that perished in the crash.

I am so sorry that you lost your cousin. My prayers for God's comfort and peace are with you, your family and the other victims family and friends.

SoonerLB
9/7/2009, 12:27 PM
Sad news. And sorry for your loss soonerx

Condolances to both families.