PDA

View Full Version : Playcalling and coaching

TahoeSOONER
9/6/2009, 12:05 PM
Stoops will be my coach as long as he wants to stay but why can't we call a timeout with the play clock ticking down with the game on the line?

Also, why have a redshirt freshman QB sneak on the 1 when we have two horses with over 4 yards a carry average? Are you saying they can't get it done twice because I would've gone for it on 4th and made them go 99 yards. Line up and run the damn ball, STOP LOOKING OVER!

Mind boggling.

Tons of football left to be played but our coaching cost us this game. 14 points on D should've been plenty to win this game.

BOOMER!

CK Sooner
9/6/2009, 12:07 PM
Stoops will be my coach as long as he wants to stay but why can't we call a timeout with the play clock ticking down with the game on the line?

Also, why have a redshirt freshman QB sneak on the 1 when we have two horses with over 4 yards a carry average? Are you saying they can't get it done twice because I would've gone for it on 4th and made them go 99 yards. Line up and run the damn ball, STOP LOOKING OVER!

Mind boggling.

Tons of football left to be played but our coaching cost us this game. 14 points on D should've been plenty to win this game.

BOOMER!

Florida's goal line stand was running through my mind that whole time.

StoopTroup
9/6/2009, 12:13 PM

Mind boggling.

BOOMER!

It definitely sucked. There was a lot of game at that point (11:51 in the 4th) and your trying to give your rookie QB the reigns. He blew it. It's was a huge mistake to drop that in his lap IMO.

TahoeSOONER
9/6/2009, 12:42 PM
Florida's goal line stand was running through my mind that whole time.

As good as BYU was playing putting pressure in our backfield I never thought two RBs that were averaging 4 plus yards a carry wouldn't be able to punch it in with two downs.

If they know, you know, and the 100 K plus fans know your going to linem up and run between the tackles on 3rd and 4th down, let's not play the look over for the play game. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Jello Biafra
9/6/2009, 01:41 PM
not only that but if you dont think youre going to make that up the middle, fake hand off up the middle and pitch to the left or right....

SoonerInSpringdale
9/6/2009, 02:10 PM
We have to got to get up to the line and go inside the 5. We lost the national championship because of this garbage and it helped us fail last night as well.