PDA

View Full Version : Landry Jones vs Idaho State

oupride
9/6/2009, 08:11 AM
Seriously. Does anyone really think Sam should even play vs Idaho State? I liked what I saw in Landry and think there could be more advantages down the road in giving him more playing time. What are your thoughts?

CK Sooner
9/6/2009, 08:17 AM
He won't play against Idaho State, he is injured....

Okla-homey
9/6/2009, 08:40 AM
He won't play against Idaho State, he is injured....

I agree, I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I did extensive on-line research on "AC joint sprains." Apparently, if you rush it, you will end up making it worse. If it is Grade I (no tearing) he'll be back in ten days. If its Grade II (with ligament tearing), or <horrors> Grade III (with a severed ligament), it'll be a much longer road to recovery. Remember, it is in his throwing arm.

jmr_77
9/6/2009, 08:40 AM
I'm with CK on this one. Sam will not play against Idaho State. I don't think he plays again until the Miami game. It is Landry Jones' team for the next couple of weeks, IMO.

TMcGee86
9/6/2009, 08:49 AM
Not only no, but hell no. Even if they find out Sam is perfectly fine I think they should use the opportunity to get Landry ready so that if God forbid sam goes down again we don't look completely lost out there.

btk108
9/6/2009, 09:04 AM
No way Sam plays....and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night, either.

sooner518
9/6/2009, 09:07 AM
My friend had a grade 2 (maybe it was a 3 though since he had to have surgery to reconnect it) AC sprain last year. He went down mountain biking on Memorial Day. Had surgery a week or two later. Two months of rehab and doing nothing with it later, they found out that it wasnt healing properly and that they had to re-do surgery. He was finally cleared to ride his bike again on January 1.

Lets pray Sam didnt really mess up his longterm earning abilities, but I fear he might've....

sooneron
9/6/2009, 09:11 AM
My friend had a grade 2 (maybe it was a 3 though since he had to have surgery to reconnect it) AC sprain last year. He went down mountain biking on Memorial Day. Had surgery a week or two later. Two months of rehab and doing nothing with it later, they found out that it wasnt healing properly and that they had to re-do surgery. He was finally cleared to ride his bike again on January 1.

Lets pray Sam didnt really mess up his longterm earning abilities, but I fear he might've....

No offense, but I highly doubt that your friend has the team of sports doctors at his disposal like Sam does. Prognosticating on an athlete's injury based on "what happened to a friend" is silly, at best.

btk108
9/6/2009, 09:16 AM

Team of well trained sports docs or not.....healing takes time and there is no way around that one. Thanks for some insight......

bluesmagoo
9/6/2009, 09:26 AM
Sam has no business playing. This will probably take 3-4 weeks to heal. Hopefully, its not a rotator cuff injury.

StoopTroup
9/6/2009, 09:30 AM
I walked across the street from a Holiday Express I was staying in to get a decent meal at the Marriott a few times.

Landry seems like a very Coachable decent QB. He seemed like he took instructions and was very disciplined. I worry he took last night's loss on his shoulders.

I like him. I think he tears up Idaho St.

GO LANDRY ! ! !

Get well soon Sam!

CrimsonJim
9/6/2009, 10:21 AM
I don't think they should even consider playing Sam until the Miami game (assuming he's only got a grade 1). Landry will do well and they need to give Sam ALL the time needed for a recovery before putting him back behind center. I feel sorry for Idaho State....

landrun
9/6/2009, 10:29 AM
Sam will play next week. Left handed.

I now this coaching staff. There is NO WAY a backup QB is going to get any playing time whatsoever.

Sam can use his left arm and beat Idaho State. Josh will show him how it's done. :D

sooner59
9/6/2009, 10:41 AM
I don't think there is any way that the coaches chance it and jeopardize Sam's future by making him come back too early. I bet they play it really cautious. No way he is back before Miami, and I don't expect him back before Texas.

landrun
9/6/2009, 10:50 AM
I don't think there is any way that the coaches chance it and jeopardize Sam's future by making him come back too early. I bet they play it really cautious. No way he is back before Miami, and I don't expect him back before Texas.

I agree with you. My guess is that Texas will be the earliest game.

WestAustinSooner
9/6/2009, 12:54 PM
Drew Allen and John Nimmo had better be suited up. With our O-Line, were liable to need them.

rainiersooner
9/6/2009, 01:02 PM
Landry seems like a very Coachable decent QB. He seemed like he took instructions and was very disciplined. I worry he took last night's loss on his shoulders.

I like him. I think he tears up Idaho St.

GO LANDRY ! ! !

He was a highly touted recruit - I thought he looked decent last night, at least in terms of his potential. He certainly wasn't helped by his line or receivers.

Although, the 'stache must go.

tigepilot
9/6/2009, 01:12 PM
Drew Allen and John Nimmo had better be suited up. With our O-Line, were liable to need them.

This.

However, as long as the best o-line Wilson has every had plays like this it won't matter who is back there anyway.

My wife, who doesn't watch football and doesn't know who is who, saw a shot of Bradford's face last night right after the game was over and said "Wow, that guy looks pissed!" I would be too if I had sacrificed $40 million and in return I was give a o-line as inept as that.

bluesmagoo
9/6/2009, 01:15 PM
Yes, the moustache must go. Ridiculous. I don't think we've ever beat BYU, by the way. They really don't like us, but who does?

Okie35
9/6/2009, 01:18 PM

Whatever the O-Line isn't terrible. Sam got hit more than a few times against TCU and Tex-@ss last year.

soonerfan69
9/6/2009, 02:29 PM
If the O-line doesn't stepup and start making some holes for the backs and picking up the blitz it won't matter who is back there

SPuL
9/6/2009, 03:31 PM
I'm with CK on this one. Sam will not play against Idaho State. I don't think he plays again until the Miami game. It is Landry Jones' team for the next couple of weeks, IMO.

Let's say Sam DOES become available by the miami game. If Landry Jones really starts to show something in romps over Idaho St. and Tulsa, then I believe the coaches will play it same and let Landry Jones handle Miami.

I don't like Sam coming back for a game @ Miami. I don't know why.

Then get him back in there by the Baylor game.

CK Sooner
9/6/2009, 03:31 PM
Let's say Sam DOES become available by the miami game. If Landry Jones really starts to show something in romps over Idaho St. and Tulsa, then I believe the coaches will play it same and let Landry Jones handle Miami.

I don't like Sam coming back for a game @ Miami. I don't know why.

Then get him back in there by the Baylor game.

If he is 100% he will play.

SPuL
9/6/2009, 03:45 PM
^def. I was speaking on say if he was like probable, or like 90%.

misplaced_sooner
9/6/2009, 04:19 PM
No way Sam should play till the Miami game. If we lose a close one to Tulsa, so be it.

SPuL
9/6/2009, 04:22 PM
I agree. Can't be selfish! Sam AND Gresham both should rest until they are 110% ready to go! They deserve to have great NFL careers as well

JLEW1818
9/6/2009, 04:26 PM
as soon as he came up holding his shoulder, i just looked at the guy next to me and said, "why does god hate us"

SPuL
9/6/2009, 04:34 PM
^ahahah @ me thinking same thing seeing it on TV. I looked up like "WTF DID WE DO? ARE YOU A TEXAS FAN? WHY?"

A-M
9/6/2009, 06:16 PM
as soon as he came up holding his shoulder, i just looked at the guy next to me and said, "why does god hate us"

My pastor when I lived in Kansas kept trying to explain to me that God doesn't get involved in college football games. Likewise, I spent my time trying to explain to him that She (God) was a sooner, but now I'm beginning to wonder. :D

Okie35
9/6/2009, 06:52 PM
No way Sam should play till the Miami game. If we lose a close one to Tulsa, so be it.

What?! We won't lose to Tulsa.

Okla-homey
9/6/2009, 07:52 PM
I'm advised the results of this evening's MRI will probably be announced tomorrow. Let's keep our fingers crossed it's only a Grade I AC joint sprain. Otherwise, he may have taken his last snap as a Sooner. Here's to him and prayers for his health and healing.

Question: Do you guys think there is anyway Sam could, or, perhaps more importantly would take a medical red shirt if he was done for the season?

JLEW1818
9/6/2009, 07:53 PM
i don't think Sam would take a medical RS, even if he was out for the season. he still would have the combine to get ready

JMO

CK Sooner
9/6/2009, 07:53 PM
I'm advised the results of this evening's MRI will probably be announced tomorrow. Let's keep our fingers crossed it's only a Grade I AC joint sprain. Otherwise, he may have taken his last snap as a Sooner. Here's to him and prayers for his health and healing.

Question: Do you guys think there is anyway Sam could, or, perhaps more importantly would take a medical red shirt if he was done for the season?

That's a good question. He is still going to be a high draft pick even if he doesn't recover in time.

misplaced_sooner
9/6/2009, 08:59 PM

Yeah, I didn't think we'd lose to BYU either. Don't overlook Tulsa. :confused:

CK Sooner
9/6/2009, 09:03 PM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JLEW1818
9/6/2009, 09:07 PM
the home field advantage will be a plus for the Tulsa game.

sure it was probably 80/20 at Jerry's world

but being in Norman is way different.

BoomerJ
9/7/2009, 12:34 AM
My pastor when I lived in Kansas kept trying to explain to me that God doesn't get involved in college football games. Likewise, I spent my time trying to explain to him that She (God) was a sooner, but now I'm beginning to wonder. :D

God is not a "She"...wouldn't be logical.

AlbqSooner
9/7/2009, 07:08 AM
No reason for Sam to take a medical redshirt. He is currently a junior.

JLEW1818
9/7/2009, 10:12 AM
No reason for Sam to take a medical redshirt. He is currently a junior.

so lets pull a Jason White or something, have him medical RS this year, so he will still be a Junior next season.. and he can stay for his Senior year too. ;)

CK Sooner
9/7/2009, 10:16 AM
so lets pull a Jason White or something, have him medical RS this year, so he will still be a Junior next season.. and he can stay for his Senior year too. ;)

Sadly now that this has happened I think it will effect the decision of these guys to stay after this year.

-Travis Lewis
-Dominique Franks
-Gerald McCoy
-Demarco Murray

JLEW1818
9/7/2009, 10:20 AM
yep, Gerald is gone in my opinion, would be dumb to say, if healthy.

i think Franks is gone

Murray might be gone, but if he can't do anything spectacular, why leave?

Lewis comes back

(complete guesses)

meoveryouxinfinity
9/7/2009, 10:24 AM
this game= throw throw throw throw.

I don't care if the score is 0-0 at the half.

CK Sooner
9/7/2009, 10:26 AM
yep, Gerald is gone in my opinion, would be dumb to say, if healthy.

i think Franks is gone

Murray might be gone, but if he can't do anything spectacular, why leave?

Lewis comes back

(complete guesses)

The rumor is that Lewis would have gone pro last year if he could.

JLEW1818
9/7/2009, 10:28 AM
yikes.. well sucks for us.. we will lose the entire starting LB's and CB's, possibly

A-M
9/7/2009, 11:22 AM
God is not a "She"...wouldn't be logical.

And how do you know this? I figure its 50/50 myself.

CK Sooner
9/7/2009, 11:23 AM
And how do you know this? I figure its 50/50 myself.

No.

CK Sooner
9/7/2009, 11:23 AM
yikes.. well sucks for us.. we will lose the entire starting LB's and CB's, possibly

Yep, this is why this year is so important to get #8.

JLEW1818
9/7/2009, 11:24 AM
last year was......

Sooner13
9/7/2009, 12:30 PM
Sadly now that this has happened I think it will effect the decision of these guys to stay after this year.

-Travis Lewis
-Dominique Franks
-Gerald McCoy
-Demarco Murray

I don't think Franks has to worry about making that decision if he continues to play like he did against BYU....

StoopTroup
9/7/2009, 12:36 PM
Yep, this is why this year is so important to get #8.

Getting number 8 right now...well there are a lot of games ahead of us before we start thinking like that...especially with what transired Saturday Night.

However...

I do think it's not to early to start thinking about these guys. :texan:

http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/2ed489533cd27e02a21a39fc1fba5658.jpg