PDA

View Full Version : FIRE JOHN BLAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SoonerEmpire
9/6/2009, 04:53 AM
Did Stoops secretly hire John Blake to coach the offense during the off season? Was Blake roaming the sidelines as our new offensive coordinator? I could have sworn that the OU offense I watched play was a John Blake offense. What, with all the nonsensical penalties, receivers dropping passes, erratic play calling, and extremely retarded mistakes on the part of the offensive line. New, young, and inexperienced offensive linemen or not, they STILL know what the snap count is going to be. They shouldn't be getting false start penalties and holding penalties seemingly EVERY OTHER PLAY OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

I demand - as well we all should - that Bob Stoops fire John Blake IMMEDIATELY!!!!

Seriously, though, I am just as upset as everyone else about this loss. To be honest, I'm not quite sure just exactly WHAT to expect our season will turn out to be now. If Bradford and Gresham don't heal - and heal soon, and if our OL doesn't gel - and gel soon, and stop playing like they've never stepped on a football field then we are going to be in BIG trouble through the course of the season.

HOWEVER...

If all of our hurt guys can make a speedy recovery and we can work out the problems with the offensive line rather quickly, then I think we will be just fine. Our defense played as well as any defense could. Not perfect, but as well as could be expected. Gerald Mccoy is a beast. Ryan Reynolds looked awesome, and Auston English had more than a few moments that seemed like he got his game back. Our defense will be fine.

I feel horrible for Bradford and Gresham since they turned down millions to come back to try and win a national championship, and they end up getting hurt (in Gresham's case, before the game... in Bradford's case, right before halftime) and we lose the first game. BUT, contrary to what all the doomsayer's continue to spew forth, THIS SEASON IS STILL SALVAGEABLE! We can (and hopefully WILL) still have a great season. If we win out, we WILL play for a Big XII championship. And if we win that, it may be tough, and we may need a few things to work out in our favor, but it STILL is possible for us to play for a national title! Keep in mind IF - and I know that's a big "IF" - but IF we can find a way to win out, we will have the advantage with the computers, because we have a tougher schedule than just about any other team in the nation. That will help us. And with regards to human voters, I believe voters will be more forgiving near the end of the season to see a 1-loss Oklahoma team who - by then - will have lost that game THREE MONTHS ago to a RANKED team by only ONE point, and it was WITHOUT our starting quarterback.

Don't forget: The team we just lost to IS A RANKED TEAM!! It's not as though we just had our a$$es handed to us by Appalachian State or Arkansas State, or East Popcorn State, or any other cupcake team. BYU was a formidable opponent, AND WE ONLY LOST BY ONE SINGLE POINT!... AND WE HAD A CHANCE TO WIN IT IN THE FINAL MINUTE AND A HALF! It wasn't a blowout such as the likes of the SUC game in the Orange Bowl a few years ago.

Will we rebound, win out, and have a GREAT season? I don't know, nor do I profess to know such things. But I BELIEVE it CAN happen, and I STILL have hope that it WILL happen. But whether it does or not, just remember that the sun will rise in the morning. A new day will come. It is not the end. Afterall, WE'RE OKLAHOMA!

Sincerely,

SoonerEmpire

P.S. - Having said all of that, I STILL implore you all to join with me in demanding the firing of John Blake as the man behind our offense this year! ;)

ndpruitt03
9/6/2009, 06:42 AM
It looked like we were coached by John Blake, but I thought the same thing in 2005 also.

Sooner70
9/6/2009, 06:53 AM
SoonerEmp.....I thought of exactly the same thing. I remember listening to Blake games & cheering when we completed a series of downs without a motion or procedure penalty. The Sooners looked like Ned in the first grade for awhile out there. The TV commentators said Eldridge might've been off on the snap count causing some of the problem, but who knows? The Sooners looked pretty sloppy offensive wise. Except for last TD I thought defense did reasonably good job.

SoonerEmpire
9/6/2009, 01:41 PM
I remember listening to Blake games & cheering when we completed a series of downs without a motion or procedure penalty.

Yep, I painfully remember those days too. How sad when one's cheering is reduced to being happy, because our team was able to complete a play without a penalty. That is very sad indeed. That's what last night's offensive effort reminded me of.

However, I can't help but BELIEVE we'll get things turned around. I just hope it doesn't take half the season to correct the mistakes. Like I said, it's still a salvageable season.

rainiersooner
9/6/2009, 01:44 PM
Anybody have the skinny on who the hot offensive coordinators are out there?

StoopTroup
9/6/2009, 01:46 PM
It would be fun to get snelly all liquored up and fire him again.

Put some pot in his pipe right before we do it too.

http://antonazucar.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/h_schnellenberger.jpg

SoonerEmpire
9/6/2009, 01:47 PM
LMAO!!!! Sounds like a plan to me. :)

SoonerEmpire
9/6/2009, 01:50 PM
Anybody have the skinny on who the hot offensive coordinators are out there?

I've been hearing some good things about this Joe Dickinson guy. :P