PDA

View Full Version : Trade Bob Stoops for Jim Tressel?

Buckeye Fan
9/6/2009, 02:37 AM
Sorry for your loss, I love watching Sam Bradford play and it's awful for your team and all of college football that he's injured.

If our teams could trade coaches, would you trade Stoops for Tressel?

I would accept that. Tressel's play calling is awful most of the time. Too many draws up the middle when you have a QB with 4.3 speed, then we have close calls against Navy, Akron, and Ohio U, and no big-time wins since 2004 Fiesta Bowl (against an overrated ND team).

If we lose against USC next week, I think a lot of our fan base is going to start see if there is another coach out there somewhere...

Piware
9/6/2009, 02:40 AM
Nope! Jim Tressel has produced some good teams but I wouldn't trade Bob Stoops for anyone coaching in college football today - including Nick Sabin.

footballfanatic
9/6/2009, 06:25 AM
Nope. Tressel has lost 2 out of 3 to my Horns. He isn't good enough to coach in the Big 12. Better stick to playing Indiana.

kingsby
9/6/2009, 07:01 AM
Nope. Tressel has lost 2 out of 3 to my Horns. He isn't good enough to coach in the Big 12. Better stick to playing Indiana.

stoops lost 3 of last 4 to horns. Toss up in my book

CBUS_SOONER
9/6/2009, 09:29 AM
Hell No. Tre$$el blows. He would get abused in the Big12

btk108
9/6/2009, 09:32 AM
No, no, no, no and finally....Hell NO!

MacPhatDaddy
9/6/2009, 09:50 AM
Why would Tressel get abused in the Big 12? He has an advantage over most coaches in the conference with his fundamental grasp of concepts such as "defense", "call time out when you need to", 'score touchdowns when you have 1st and goal in a tight game", and "recruit for depth".

These two coaches are essentially two peas in a pod. It looks like a push to me with maybe a slight advantage to Stoops because he doesn't wear sweater vests.

StoopTroup
9/6/2009, 10:25 AM

Yet overall it's 6 for 10 and I wouldn't trade him for a sweater dresser.

Spin it to suit yourself why don't you?

You sound like a whorn.:texan:

StoopTroup
9/6/2009, 10:37 AM
a slight advantage to Stoops because he doesn't wear sweater vests.

heh

landrun
9/6/2009, 10:39 AM

Please.... Bob still has more wins and you know it.

I hate losing to Tejas, but they will never get revenge for the 60+ points we handed on them multiple times. Even when you guys do pull off a win, you choke and we win the Big XII anyway.

Oh... and last year's scenario was CLASSIC. :D

StoopTroup
9/6/2009, 10:44 AM
Please.... Bob still has more wins and you know it.

I hate losing to Tejas, but they will never get revenge for the 60+ points we handed on them multiple times.

^ This. :D

MyT Oklahoma
9/6/2009, 12:51 PM
No thanks Buckeye Fan. All things considered Stoops is a better coach and thank God he wears a visor instead of a vest.

Curly Bill
9/6/2009, 01:06 PM
They've become essentially the same coach except for the sweater vest thing, which the gheyness of can not be understated.

Slight advantage Stoops.

BoomerSooner, esq.
9/6/2009, 01:08 PM
Not a chance........

Although Stoops (and staff to be fair) are wearing thin on me, Tressel would get dominated in the Big 12. At this point, I am not sure there is anyone that could replace Stoops and duplicate his success.

SoonerStormchaser
9/6/2009, 01:18 PM
You Acorn Aggies had it good under Cooper as well and you bitched and moaned and got his *** canned. Tressel is another Cooper...welcome to reality.

I don't want any coach coming from that hellhole fan base coaching any Oklahoma team.

badger
9/6/2009, 01:38 PM
You Buckeyes probably wanna dump Tressel after you all nearly lost to Navy at home, so perhaps it might be fun to do a coaching loan for a few weeks to see what we could have from each other's respective coaches.

It might be fun, but it ain't happening. No way we're letting go of Stoops. I don't wanna take the chance of ending up with a Franchione-type.

badger
9/6/2009, 01:39 PM

wh0rn math alert! let's only count the last four years instead of the last five, six, seven, eight or nine!

What next, wanna just count head-to-head in a three way tie?

SoonerInSpringdale
9/6/2009, 02:12 PM
This guy is such a clown. Who has the time to goto every OU board and post this garbage?

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=146&f=2445&t=4711070

SoonerEmpire
9/6/2009, 02:16 PM
Despite the fact that the sweater vest is all kinds of gay, I like Tressel... but I still wouldn't trade Stoops for him.

I'd trade Stoops for Switzer, but that's the ONLY coach I'd trade Stoops for.

Buckeye Fan
9/6/2009, 02:30 PM
This guy is such a clown. Who has the time to goto every OU board and post this garbage?

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=146&f=2445&t=4711070

I SWEAR that is not me. I'm a true Buckeye fan, born and raised in the Cleveland area, I'm not an Aggie at all.

Well, it looks like you don't want Tressel. I don't blame you, Stoops is due for a big year, and I'm sure he'll get you another NC soon.

BTW, with Bradford out we will now hear even more about Tebow and his supreme human abilities, ugh...

Jacie
9/6/2009, 02:40 PM
Hmmm, Tressel wearing a sweater vest on the sidelines in Norman on an average day in September? He'd have to sit under the Coolzone fans I think to keep from passing out . . .