PDA

View Full Version : What are the positives to take out of this game? Your thoughts...

LawtonBoy74
9/6/2009, 01:58 AM
Gerald McCoy is a beast..Ryan Reynolds and T.Lewis are great LBs, Brody Eldrige played well at center

SOONER44EVER
9/6/2009, 01:59 AM
I'm positive our o-line gets way too many dumb penalties.

LawtonBoy74
9/6/2009, 02:01 AM
LMAO, I guess thats counts

En_Fuego
9/6/2009, 02:06 AM
Over Hyped Players, Below Average Coaching, Below Average Recruiting.

adoniijahsooner
9/6/2009, 02:10 AM
I think this will force Wilson, to change his strategy. Start putting running backs back there to protect your qb.

SoonerCoug
9/6/2009, 02:11 AM
Over Hyped Players, Below Average Coaching, Below Average Recruiting.

Ever consider the possibility that BYU is actually a great team?

SoonerCoug
9/6/2009, 02:12 AM
Gerald McCoy is a beast..Ryan Reynolds and T.Lewis are great LBs, Brody Eldrige played well at center

I agree. McCoy is an absolute monster. There is no stopping that guy. I have never seen such a dominant D-lineman.

adoniijahsooner
9/6/2009, 02:17 AM

They played discipline football and had a good game plan.
If this was last year, Max is folding his hand, but he looks different and poised when pressured this year.

LawtonBoy74
9/6/2009, 02:20 AM
It seems like the boise states, BYUs and TCUs are always well disciplined and always have a good game plan against us, but I cant say the same about the sooners

adoniijahsooner
9/6/2009, 02:27 AM
It seems like the boise states, BYUs and TCUs are always well disciplined and always have a good game plan against us, but I cant say the same about the sooners

And they always have time to prepare. TCU didnt last year and got rolled. That's why they say if a mwc team played in a major conference they wouldnt do as well, but give them some time to focus and they flourish. I think they lose too FSU, because of the shrt prep time; but if they beat FSU, I think BYU may be in NCG.

pappy
9/6/2009, 02:36 AM
stoops is now 9-10 when facing a ranked team that has atleast 2 weeks to prepare for him. Okay that's not a positive but I've got positives too.

landry didn't look too bad...if it wasn't for a pass interference play he throws a td instead of us getting a fg.

reynolds, mccoy, lewis dominated.

murray and brown looked good but anytime they got a big run it was called back on a penalty. (that's neg and pos)

SoonerCoug
9/6/2009, 02:37 AM
They played discipline football and had a good game plan.
If this was last year, Max is folding his hand, but he looks different and poised when pressured this year.

Really? How much Max did you watch last year? He looked like the same old Max to me. He always makes some great plays, and he always throws some ridiculous INTs.

adoniijahsooner
9/6/2009, 02:47 AM
Really? How much Max did you watch last year? He looked like the same old Max to me. He always makes some great plays, and he always throws some ridiculous INTs.

I watched the TCU game, the Utah game, and Arizona.

RedstickSooner
9/6/2009, 03:02 AM
Positives? Yeah, I got your positives, right here, buddy.

1) McCoy. I knew he'd be good, but he truly is amazing. Which means, given how this season is going, the poor guy has about two more games before one of his knees explodes and/or his spine actually detaches itself from his body in the middle of a play after a freak collision/equipment failure.

2) Nobody from our team socked anybody from BYU's team after the game.

3) After playing a Mormon school, SoonerSports.com decided to go with the headline "Sooners Swallow a Tough One". That's gotta be worth something right there.

4) Travis Lewis.

5) The team didn't quit, even if they also didn't win.

Lott's Bandana
9/6/2009, 03:22 AM
1. There weren't any annoying BYU fans filling the bars after the game.

2. After last year's punting and kickoff coverage, tonight's breath-holding moments were actually quite good, in fact, I think the coverage gets an "A".

oupride
9/6/2009, 07:15 AM
i thought Landry Jones played pretty well. Made some good throws, moved the team down the field and put them in a position to score a TD.

soonerloyal
9/6/2009, 07:56 AM

1) McCoy. I knew he'd be good, but he truly is amazing. Which means, given how this season is going, the poor guy has about two more games before one of his knees explodes and/or his spine actually detaches itself from his body in the middle of a play after a freak collision/equipment failure.

2) Nobody from our team socked anybody from BYU's team after the game.

3) After playing a Mormon school, SoonerSports.com decided to go with the headline "Sooners Swallow a Tough One". That's gotta be worth something right there.

4) Travis Lewis.

5) The team didn't quit, even if they also didn't win.

^^^^ These.

That #2 made me snort hawt coffee up mah nose. :O

CK Sooner
9/6/2009, 07:58 AM

I apologize for taking your team so lightly, your defense was really good.

CK Sooner
9/6/2009, 07:59 AM
Did anybody notice Demontre Hurst on special teams? I think he made like half the tackles on special teams and he was the first one down there almost every time. He is going to be crazy good for us.

Okla-homey
9/6/2009, 08:07 AM

You forgot to add that the Thursday before the Tulsa game, on the very day the docs declare Sam's shoulder healed and clear him to play, most of the team will be diagnosed with a bad case of the swine flu and while nobody dies, we'll have to forfiet the next two games because we can't field a team.

TUSooner
9/6/2009, 08:23 AM
It was a 1-pt loss to a decent team and IT HAPPENED IN WEEK 1. This will allow us to recover in the rankings until the Next Big-Game Flop in the BCSMNC Game.

Eventually, we will lose so many of these famous upsets to various Cinderellas and semi-Cindys that it will no longer be national news when we get knocked off .

Okla-homey
9/6/2009, 08:33 AM
It was a 1-pt loss to a decent team and IT HAPPENED IN WEEK 1. This will allow us to recover in the rankings until the Next Big-Game Flop in the BCSMNC Game.

Eventually, we will lose so many of these famous upsets to various Cinderellas and semi-Cindys that it will no longer be national news when we get knocked off .

I'm not willing to state, like the marine architect to the captain and shipowner in that famous scene in Titanic, right after they hit the 'berg, "I assure you sir, this ship will sink to a mathematical certainty."

Like others have said, we can still win the BigXII, and if we can get Tebow to fly out to Norman and lay hands on Sam, he'll be instantly healed and 100% for next weeks epic struggle with 1AA juggernaut Idaho State. ;)

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/6/2009, 08:50 AM
I'm pretty positive Sam is out for the year

the_ouskull
9/6/2009, 09:17 AM

No. Not at any point did I ever even remotely consider that possibility. "Great" is a pretty subjective word that gets thrown around too often, like "tough," and "love." (But not "tough love," which is what our team needs a bit of today, no?) OU was a "great" team in 2000. They were a "good" team in 2003. They were a "good" team last season. BYU isn't national championship good. They're just plain ol' good. And, right now, plain ol' good is good enough to beat OU. I'm going to go and light myself on fire for typing that now.

the_ouskull

the_ouskull
9/6/2009, 09:18 AM

He looked like Steve f*cking Young to me, but I'm sure that our defense had something to do with dressing him up in that Halloween costume.

the_ouskull

CK Sooner
9/6/2009, 09:18 AM
I'm pretty positive Sam is out for the year

Why?

I Am Right
9/6/2009, 09:56 AM
Not one freaking thing.

Sooner Schemer
9/6/2009, 10:34 AM
The biggest positive I can find is that I didn't spend the time and money to watch it in person.

RedstickSooner
9/6/2009, 11:04 AM
You forgot to add that the Thursday before the Tulsa game, on the very day the docs declare Sam's shoulder healed and clear him to play, most of the team will be diagnosed with a bad case of the swine flu and while nobody dies, we'll have to forfiet the next two games because we can't field a team.

Actually, Homey, I must respectively disagree with you here. Only *half* the team will be diagnosed with swine flu -- the other half will be diagnosed with a mixture of strep throat, stomach virus, and perhaps "the vapors". For whatever reason, swine flu only causes a fever in about half its victims, so right now we've got this entertaining situation where a ton of school systems are reporting simultaneous outbreaks of swine flu *and* this totally non-swine flu disease that, y'know, involves all the swine flu symptoms... But doesn't have a fever, so clearly, can't be swine flu.

(Sorry, only causes fever in half its victims internationally. In the U.S., the CDC lists fever as a diagnostic requirement for swine flu, so 97% of our cases have fever. Gotta love selection bias.)

Otherwise, I very much agree with you :D

StoopTroup
9/6/2009, 11:08 AM

Or not. and Stoops will post his 2nd NC and all of the meltdown stuff will further document how the mOUnster gets out of control sometimes. :pop:

PLaw
9/6/2009, 11:16 AM

Nope, a good team, but not a great team. They are very well coached and played to their potential like a good team would do in this situation.

A great team would have hung at least 3 more TD's on our pass defense.

BYU will more than likely go undefeated and really create a BCS melt-down ultimately getting throttled by a BCS conference great team.

BOOMER

OKC-SLC
9/6/2009, 11:29 AM
No one died.