PDA

View Full Version : Be Prepared - we weren

Cinco Ranch Cougar
9/6/2009, 12:21 AM
Face the facts - jumping off sides, holding, personal fouls have nothing to do with young players.
It has all to do with being prepared by the coaching staff, and we continue to make the small, petty mistakes every freaking year when we are in a big game.
Eliminate the self inflicted miscues, both small and large, and we win this game. Maybe not pretty, but we win.
Young, inexperienced players do not make the multitude of stupid mistakes that were made tonight - ill coached players with no discipline and structure make those kinds of mistakes.
Holding these guys to 14 points and we lose!!! You have got to be kidding me.
And if you think this is going to change over night then you are on another planet. They have had 6 months to learn how to come off the ball after it is snapped, to avoid holding calls, and to not lose your cool. If they cannot get it done in 6 months, why on earth do you think it can happen over the next 3 months?
I see four more losses at least.
Oh by the way, I am third generation OU grad so don't try to lay that bandwagon BS on me pal. I suffered through Gomer.
I know bad coaching when I see it.

TahoeSOONER
9/6/2009, 12:24 AM
Four more losses? Um, no.

MyT Oklahoma
9/6/2009, 12:24 AM
Yep. As in "yep".

southern sooner
9/6/2009, 12:34 AM
Agree, and coaching is calling a timeout when you are inside the 2 yard line and play clock is expiring... drunk and pissed but also realistic...