PDA

View Full Version : Sad thing is...

Half a Hundred
9/6/2009, 12:19 AM
...there's really no one to blame. O-line was shaky, but then again, they should have been. Sam wasn't stellar, but then again, given the line, why would he have been? Defense wasn't a world beater, but then again, why did we expect them to be, given the last five years?

We won't play as badly again this year, but damn, if the logic of playing a complete cupcake in the first weekend wasn't proven this week.

MyT Oklahoma
9/6/2009, 12:28 AM
I disagree. Our coaches are very well paid to make certain that games like this don't happen and yet still once again they failed.

So some of us are laying the blame where we think it belongs.

bluewcc
9/6/2009, 12:39 AM
Shaky is not the word I would have chosen.

MR2-Sooner86
9/6/2009, 12:54 AM
if the logic of playing a complete cupcake in the first weekend wasn't proven this week.

Live by the sword and die by it.

If you beat hard opponents early on, it can help you later on in the season. (see last year beating out Texas to get into the Big 12 Title or 2003 beating USC into the title game)

If you get beat by them though, like tonight, it seems stupid.

Cougarfan3
9/6/2009, 12:57 AM
Hey Sooner fans . . . what up? Told ya I would be representing on Saturday after a BYU victory! We out played you from the first snap and BYU was the better team . . . hell our 4 turnovers kept it close! Boomer ???????? ha ha ha

MR2-Sooner86
9/6/2009, 01:05 AM
Hey Sooner fans . . . what up? Told ya I would be representing on Saturday after a BYU victory! We out played you from the first snap and BYU was the better team . . . hell our 4 turnovers kept it close! Boomer ???????? ha ha ha

And since you're Mormon I'll see you in Hell....from Heaven :)

bluewcc
9/6/2009, 01:09 AM
Live by the sword and die by it.

If you beat hard opponents early on, it can help you later on in the season. (see last year beating out Texas to get into the Big 12 Title or 2003 beating USC into the title game)

If you get beat by them though, like tonight, it seems stupid.

I still say we keep scheduling tough OOC opponents. We are not Texas. We are Oklahoma. We don't schedule cupcakes to inflate our egos. And I still prefer losing in a National Championship to winning some other meaningless bowl game.

MyT Oklahoma
9/6/2009, 01:34 AM

^ This is what a chrome plated disposable ********* looks like. ;)

LawtonBoy74
9/6/2009, 01:38 AM
I say schedule the tough teams still, BUT we should've played Idaho State 1st and then BYU...Those 1st games are always tough