PDA

View Full Version : What a Stinker of a Game

Since71ASooner4Life
9/5/2009, 11:05 PM
Please pardon my whining, but ther than Gerald McCoy playing a great game, and D-Line overall playing respectably, not much good about anything else can be said right now. Obviously myself and others grossly underestimated the impact of all the seniors who left this team, especially the 4 on the O-line. Nothing much looked sharp at all - either the poor execution on offense and defense, or with all the penalties and turnovers. None of the receivers looked anything like elite athletes for sure. Heck, I'd at least like to say that BYU played insanely well and had the game of their season, but honestly they didn't look all that good in beating us. What did they have 10 penalties themselves? (and we didn't force that many of them). Our QB is out, our best receiver is out, and we look flat and inexperienced at numerous positions. I've been dying since January for this day to get here, and suddenly this is feeling like we have a very challenging year ahead. Hope I'm wrong and we can avoid further losses before getting Sam and Gresham back.

OUmillenium
9/5/2009, 11:49 PM
I too, and probably ALL Sooner Fans, have been dying for this day. I feel like the fans and team have been let down by the coaches. I can't fault many of the players for what I saw tonight. The o line could have played waaaaaaaaay better and DeMarco could have held on a little titer but other than that...?

sooner59
9/6/2009, 01:48 AM
Last year, the offense was stellar and we all complained about special teams and defense. This year it is flip-flopped. The offense is the one that is lacking. I think the WRs will settle down and get a feel for being out there are making big plays. The o-line REALLY worries me know. Other than that, we just need Sam and Jermaine back, as well as making Demarco carry a football to class and make him run a mile for every time someone knocks it out of his hands.