PDA

View Full Version : I'll just say

aero
9/5/2009, 10:39 PM
that I was concerned since last year that the O line was going to be a big problem but I've been kidding myself that somehow the coaches would miraculously put together another good line. Plus, we should have the athletes that can step in and perform. The reality is good O lines just don't happen. It takes a lot of work and probably no other unit in football, perhaps sports, has to be a cohesive UNIT. I'll just say it looked like we didn't have time to prepare for the game.
I had a bad feeling about this game being played in the Cowboys stadium and against a decent team. Gresham being out only made it worse. Losing Sam was, obviously, critical.
We have some legitimate excuses why we lost but I will also say I think the coaching staff has a lot of this game on them. It seems like I'm starting to see the same thing year after year. Great D players but not translating to the field and an offense that can be lights out or turn out the lights. I don't know, it just seems like somethings been missing. I'd really like to see a D that when the O wasn't playing well, it wouldn't matter, they'd eat the other team and we'd win anyway. Oh, well, enough mindless rambling.
Hopefully, the players will get healthy, we'll improve as the year goes on, win some games and be respectable.
Go Sooners