PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Rebuilding Year

budbarrybob
9/5/2009, 10:24 PM
Who knew...

Without Gresham and Bradford. It is what it is.

okcusooner
9/6/2009, 12:28 AM
Who knew...

Without Gresham and Bradford. It is what it is.

I'm tired of hearing about the need to rebuild. It's unfortunately an indicator that we are no longer on the mountain top with the likes of Florida and USC.

I don't hear about these teams rebuilding. They truly reload. For example, SC didn't seem one bit slowed by the fact that they started a true freshman at Qb today.

MamaMia
9/6/2009, 01:11 AM
When we lost so many of our first string players one season, a reporter asked Barry Switzer if he planned to use the following season to rebuild his team. His answer..."Here at the University of Oklahoma we don't rebuild, we reload."

SoonerKnight
9/6/2009, 03:24 AM
Now I am depressed come on people at least we will win the next two games. All we need is 6 wins to get to a bowl game!!!!

Seriously the season is not OVER!!!

ashley
9/6/2009, 06:11 AM
Take your QB and great TE out and you will not be the same.

ndpruitt03
9/6/2009, 06:45 AM
We basically 3 or 4 guys that played a lot last year and they looked clueless today. BYU were basically at some of their backups this year because of injuries. They looked just fine against a much better defensive line. Also BYU's defensive front had some guys out for the game if I'm not mistaken. They dominated both lines. And we have one of the best defensive lines in football? They also had their backup RBs in and still gashed us a lot. BYU just showed more talent to me and they had their backups in there on the lines.

Socrefbek
9/6/2009, 07:06 AM
All these excuses. :(

Stoops need to man up and admit his coaching staff is not getting the job done. They need some fresh faces and fresh ideas. The likes of Urban Meyer, Boise State Guy, Pete Carrol, BYU Guy, Nick Saban are making him look foolish and over matched on a regular basis. Stoops is a top 10 coach and dropping. He is no longer top 5.

OU recruits the best athletes in the country year in year out. I guarantee BYU's second and third string O-line (due to graduation and injury) should not have been able to have the success they did against "one of the best D-lines" in the country. The same goes on the flip side. How many false starts and holding penalties did OU have? Our O-line performance was pathetic. I guarantee the athletes OU has on the Oline are better than the Dline for BYU.

What it means is we have serious deficiencies in this coaching staff. The inability to get 4 and 1 has cost OU a BCS-NC and now led to this loss. Bradford is out because OU's Oline could not keep a second tier Defense from abusing their quarterback.