PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing

GoSoonersGo
9/5/2009, 10:17 PM
Is it coaching or is OU overrated? Who knows, but right now, our defense was severly overrated and our O-Line was even worse than we thought. I hate being continually disappointed in our efforts and our coaching. Our team acts like they are above playing with any emotion and all our coaches say in press conferences is that they thought the other team did this and we really played well except for this...blah, blah, blah....why cant we get our S**T together? Do we not have the talent? Or is our coaching out dated?

Squigglyline
9/5/2009, 10:23 PM
Is it coaching or is OU overrated? Who knows, but right now, our defense was severly overrated and our O-Line was even worse than we thought. I hate being continually disappointed in our efforts and our coaching. Our team acts like they are above playing with any emotion and all our coaches say in press conferences is that they thought the other team did this and we really played well except for this...blah, blah, blah....why cant we get our S**T together? Do we not have the talent? Or is our coaching out dated?

Not too sure we have the talent or the coaching staff this year... we looked pitiful...

TahoeSOONER
9/5/2009, 10:26 PM
Play calling was terrible on the goal line.

Stupid penalties.

Injuries.

Boomer38Sooner
9/5/2009, 10:29 PM
the d-line and secondary and travis lewis came to play. ryan and keenan....not so much.

soonervet
9/5/2009, 10:32 PM
I dont think this was on our D for once. Giving 14 to BYU is not too bad, problem is we couldnt score.

Petro-Sooner
9/5/2009, 10:32 PM
OVER RATED

GoSoonersGo
9/5/2009, 10:35 PM
Play calling is only half of our issues....I will say this, we can have all the stats in the world, but if you dont win important games, no one remebers that you scored more points than any other team, only that you lost the NC game....just like tonight, we were thinking we were better than we really are.

SOONERnTx
9/5/2009, 10:38 PM
flashbacks of texas tech when sam got hurt, bring in the backup QB and run, run, run, run,run!!!!!! I'm pretty sure the backup QB at OU can throw the ball. Way to conservative. Hope things get better, and in a hurry!

MyT Oklahoma
9/5/2009, 10:43 PM
OVER RATED

^ This.

Desert Sapper
9/5/2009, 10:50 PM
the d-line and secondary and travis lewis came to play. ryan and keenan....not so much.

How do you figure Reynolds didn't come to play? He was one of the few that was smacking dudes in the backfield. And he had that great INT.

Offensively we couldn't get it done, even with Sam under center. Our D was on the field the whole flippin' game. This was the spitting image of our 2005 opener against TCU. We tried to run the ball when we weren't having any success doing so. We didn't take many shots downfield. We couldn't protect the QB. We couldn't open any holes.

If you want to lay the blame somewhere, it isn't on the D.

Sooner Schemer
9/5/2009, 10:51 PM
Is it coaching or is OU overrated?I would have to say that the coaching is overrated.

btk108
9/5/2009, 10:52 PM
Sad to say....when the offense plays like this.....the D can't give up 14 points. They also can't give up 3rd and longs and definitely give up a 4th down conversion at a pivotal point in the game and they have got to DEFEND the pass. D is as much to blame as the O line and the coaches.

soonermagic14
9/5/2009, 10:57 PM
people say its the first game so calm down....we couldnt move the ball on BYU! it looks really bad.....BYU came in tonight with the same O line problems and they played well against the "best d line in college football". our O line on the other hand sucked even when sam was in against an average d line. if the O line sucks I dont care how many stars we have in the backfield no team can be successful without winning in the trenches

UteSooner
9/5/2009, 10:57 PM
Penalties lost the game more than anything. It's hard to win when every drive starts at 1st and 20 because of a holding penalty.

But even if we didn't lose because of penalties, you have to be concerned about the fundamental flaws of the team right now (o-line, etc.) If we snuck out with a win here, we couldn't expect to be that lucky week after week.

We just need to get it together before conference play. I never thought we'd be winning the BCS title with a new o-line anyway. But, hopefully with the raw talent available the team can improve week after week and really have a chance at winning the conference again.

MyT Oklahoma
9/5/2009, 11:02 PM
I would have to say that the coaching is overrated.

^ This too.

I am all in favor of rewarding the coaches for success. However, it's way past time to make them start paying their salaries back then they lay an egg. Make them deduct 10% for tonight and see if their wives don't motivate them before next week.

bcgvh
9/5/2009, 11:07 PM
Our defense played really good given how long they were on the field. BYU has a GOOD offense. This one was all on the offense. O-LINE sucked worse than expected. Play calling was terrible. Best QB in the nation throws the ball 6 times in the first half. Our coaching staff is too arrogant and they believe that if they "execute", then they can call whatever they want and no one will stop them....this is NOT a realistic thought process, but we tried to force the run. Bottom line is that our offense is not that good, and Bradford will not be 100% for the remainder of the year, that shoulder will be an issue the whole year, even if he IS playing again in 2-4 weeks.

MacPhatDaddy
9/5/2009, 11:20 PM
The bottom line is simply that OU is not ready - mentally or physically - to step up to the next level. That's it. That's all. OU is performing at a 2nd tier level rather than a championship level. The only good thing is that an early loss is nearly meaningless. A win over Texas will make this humiliating loss disappear. A loss to Texas will relegate OU to non-factor status for the season.

Sadly, with the 'Bama win the SEC still proves dominant even though an out manned UGA lost v the Pokes.

Crucifax Autumn
9/5/2009, 11:32 PM
We were "this close". Don't wrire us off yet.
But yeah...disappointing and sad.

Crucifax Autumn
9/5/2009, 11:33 PM
And it's my fault. My shirt was more maroon than Crimson. I did it.

OUmillenium
9/5/2009, 11:40 PM
Not happy but not surprised. The only surprise for me was Bradford's injury/exit.

Like many (and me) have said...repeat of 2005 TCU game

My biggest complaints...
1. Vanilla play calling with the best QB in college football who passed up millions to come back and win football games.
2. O line drastically unprepared even thought they are new. CMON! We only run about 5 plays, how can you repeatedly screw that up?
3. Zone D minimizes your talent advantage. We never take away the other teams best receiver, especially if he is a Tightend. Brutal.

I thought our special teams were good. Liked the Tress Way attempt but not the result. Liked the pass to Ratterree.