PDA

View Full Version : I would gladly sacrifice a bus of school children to make this a win but...

MR2-Sooner86
9/5/2009, 10:15 PM
I'm going to stay calm, cool, and under control.

1. Our defense played well. They only got two touchdowns. I'm excited about our defense and they will get better, much better. Say what you want but only allowing 14 points is good. Remember last year when we let Texas Tech only score a couple?

2. Your defense can be awesome but you can't expect it to win, you need an offense and ours was still on the bus. Sam and our running backs are great but it takes all 11 to make an offense good. Offsides here, a holding there, and we really shoot ourselves in the foot. I don't know how anybody else feels but I thought our receivers were...meh. I think they'll be good but nothing special. I'd like to be proven wrong.

3. Coaching is a big one and I saw the same problem we had at the National Championship and that's offense. Our defense was doing it's job and holding them but the offense wasn't doing its part to put points on the board.

4th and 1, you go up to the line and go. Why do we sit there and think about it for about 20 seconds, get a delay of game, and settle for less? You take Murray, line him up and punch it in. If we can't do that from the 1 foot line, we don't deserve it.

If I had to sum this all up I'd say the defense looked good but the offense looked green, very green. Sadly, the coaches didn't fix it in time and it cost a touchdown and Sam for who knows how long.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go burn down a Mormon church.

My Opinion Matters
9/5/2009, 10:18 PM
Awesome job by that Venables-coached defense giving up a 9-minute long, 80-yard, game-winning drive in the 4th quarter.

MR2-Sooner86
9/5/2009, 10:33 PM
Awesome job by that Venables-coached defense giving up a 9-minute long, 80-yard, game-winning drive in the 4th quarter.

Didn't they beat us in time of possession? I'm not saying it's an excuse but when your offense generates nothing and your defense goes right back out there, it can't be good to rely solely on them.

btk108
9/5/2009, 10:58 PM
Defense did a great job on the run.....but I had to close my eyes evertime Hall dropped back......when are the coaches going to teach the secondary about pass coverage.....looks like they're more interested in teaching about picking passes and just flat letting the recievers go.