PDA

View Full Version : Something that I hope doesn't get lost in all of this

stoops the eternal pimp
9/5/2009, 10:04 PM
Gerald McCoy just gave one of the most impressive performances I've seen from the DT position...Gerald put this team on his back was absolutely exhausted on that last drive..

I didn't know he could impress me more, but IMO the best DT performance of any Stoops team.

Curly Bill
9/5/2009, 10:07 PM
Agreed, Gerald McCoy was an absolute beast! There can't be a better D-lineman in college football.

delhalew
9/5/2009, 10:27 PM
I couldn't agree more. I'm very proud of him.

Crucifax Autumn
9/5/2009, 10:29 PM
Me too!

StoopTroup
9/5/2009, 10:31 PM
Me five.

swardboy
9/5/2009, 10:33 PM
I hope as the season rolls along that holding BYU to 14 points becomes a badge of pride for this defense.

S.T.E.P., do you think R. Reynolds lost a step as the game wore on? I was tickled to death at the interception, but felt he was behind a step or two down the stretch...

TMcGee86
9/5/2009, 10:34 PM
Amen. He played like man possessed. He should be a top five pick.

Curly Bill
9/5/2009, 10:37 PM
I hope as the season rolls along that holding BYU to 14 points becomes a badge of pride for this defense.

S.T.E.P., do you think R. Reynolds lost a step as the game wore on? I was tickled to death at the interception, but felt he was behind a step or two down the stretch...

Not STEP, but he does not look very fast, and I did think it became more pronounced as the game wore on. He played a good game using smarts and heart.

Since71ASooner4Life
9/5/2009, 10:38 PM
My exact thoughts. What a shame that his performance was buried in this lousy game.b

stoops the eternal pimp
9/5/2009, 10:39 PM

I think so..I know in the 2nd quarter when they busted the long pass play, he looked like he had a slight limp chasing the dude...

he looked fast around the line of scrimmage, but slow in coverage for sure

Cappy
9/5/2009, 11:09 PM
I couldn't believe how many times McCoy tackled their backs outside the ends. He was all over and it is a damn shame he has to taste defeat after that performance. Granted our entire D was solid, but that was phenominal. I just hope he doesn't suffer the same fate as the other two studs who passed up the big bucks to come back.