PDA

View Full Version : PATHETIC

okcusooner
9/5/2009, 09:39 PM
No excuses...no whining....no "yeah but...."

That was pathetic for so many reasons...

Be honest....How many of us knew there was going to be trouble when we couldn't put the ball in 1st and goal from the 2?

Be honest...How many of us just knew that the defense would continue to give up third and long on BYU's winning touchdown drive?

Be honest...How many of us knew that there would be no Sooner Magic even though we started that final drive at the 40?

Unfortunately, Andre Ware isn't looking so stupid now.

OlRedMagic
9/5/2009, 09:48 PM
The TD pass looked suspiciously like what happened to them against WVU. There seems to be a running theme concerning the forward pass.

Leroy Lizard
9/5/2009, 09:56 PM
Be honest...How many of us knew that there would be no Sooner Magic even though we started that final drive at the 40?

I go along with you except for this one. I thought OU had a good chance to pull it out. If it wasn't for a very inopportune penalty, may have done so.

That's the way the ball bounces.

UteSooner
9/5/2009, 09:59 PM
I should have been more concerned about our o-line once we knew a TE was playing at C. Where is the freaking depth? BYU lost their o-line too...

boomersooner2001
9/5/2009, 10:07 PM
Here's my 2 cents...

First off, playing this type of game to open the season, doesn't bother me. You still have to go out and win the ball game.

Here are some questions I have..

Why, with a green O-line, do you constantly run, run, run, and run some more between the tackles? You have the reigning heisman winner behind center, THROW THE BALL!!!!!

Why when you're on the 1/2 yard line, do you pull the QB up to call a new play, glaring resemblence of the OB in January. SNAP THE BALL AND RUN DEMARRCO IN THE ENDZONE!!!!

Why do we consistently get beat over the middle? Beginning with Tulsa in '07, we are making no name TEs all americans in the span of 60 minutes. The corners did a great job, minus the one boneheaded play by Franks, of shutting down the outside. But once again, over the middle is our achilles tendon.

And finally, why, when you know they are blitzing the S**t out of us, do we not put an extra back in to block both sides of Sammy.....protect him!!!!

I put this one on the backs of Venables, and Wilson. Same ol', same ol'. Same song and dance. It's getting ridiculous.

With that being said, I think the players played good, they didn't quit, in the face of adversity.

The season isn't over, by any means, but we've got a huge mountain to climb.

misplaced_sooner
9/5/2009, 10:08 PM
I'll probably getting negged to death...but I have to agree on some level.

-Nothing has changed with this D for 4-5 years now. They play inspired tough defense at times, but blow assignments when they should be focused the most. You NEVER let the offensive player behind you, yet thats what happened in every big game for the past few years.

-Offensively, I wonder what Barry Switzer is thinking up there in the box. Two consecutive games OU has the ball on the goalline and can't get it in. Freaking embarrassing.

-Coaching staff deserves two thumbs down. O-line wasn't ready to play. They can't make adjustments.

The team played very inspired without Bradford. But, it just wasn't enough.

Boomer38Sooner
9/5/2009, 10:12 PM
its all coaching. we do the same thing every time. get a play. look to the sideline. call an audible. get blitzed.

this doesn't put the defense on their heels. if we're gunna let the play clock run down like that every time we might as well huddle. ITS SO EFFING RIDICULOUS.

However, props to the corners, safeties, and d-line. the linebackers kept getting beat over the middle. wow. we're OKLAHOMA. WTH?!?!?! come on guys. seriously?

btk108
9/5/2009, 10:15 PM
Mediocre comes to mind....from the first posession. I expected that performance from a green O line....but when, when, when is the defensive secondary going to learn to cover a pass. They killed us all night in the flats, looked mostly like miscommunication. I said it last year..and will be starting earlier this year, Venables needs to go.

OlRedMagic
9/5/2009, 10:15 PM
What you should be concerned about, is the fact the defense can't cover the forward pass. If BYU did this what the freakk do you think Tulsa, Miami, Texas Tech, OSU, and Texas are going to do to them?

OlRedMagic
9/5/2009, 10:21 PM
I couldn't agree more, Vulnerables must go. This is nothing more than a broken record. It's the same mistakes year after year. This is getting to be a joke.

soonermagic14
9/5/2009, 10:26 PM
Mediocre comes to mind....from the first posession. I expected that performance from a green O line....but when, when, when is the defensive secondary going to learn to cover a pass. They killed us all night in the flats, looked mostly like miscommunication. I said it last year..and will be starting earlier this year, Venables needs to go.

there are reasons why he cant get a head job so he isnt going anywhere.....and stoops is good friends with him so he wont let him go. as long as bob is here vulnerables will be here too

Crucifax Autumn
9/5/2009, 10:28 PM
We sucked, but it will get better.

btk108
9/5/2009, 10:29 PM
but....a huge bright spot on the D.....Gerald McCoy has the heart of a lion...that guy is awesome!

NOVSooner
9/5/2009, 10:31 PM
coaches did screw it up at times and clearly obvious. can the coach not call a timeout from the sideline? if they can stoops should've seen that play clock at the 2 about to expire. if we do'nt have the stinkin false start on the last drive and have the same kick the field goal is good. if i see another flag fly for false start (esp by cory brandon) i'm going to puke...landry looked confused, and yes, i was waiting on someone to comment on the D...."one of the best in the country" and can't penetrate (consistently) a raw o-line? i'm even worried about tulsa now

wishbonesooner
9/5/2009, 10:36 PM
there are reasons why he cant get a head job so he isnt going anywhere.....and stoops is good friends with him so he wont let him go. as long as bob is here vulnerables will be here too

Bob is nowhere near the coach he used to be. I can't believe he's letting friendship cost him so dearly. I guess when you make 4 million a year, you can do what you want.

soonermagic14
9/5/2009, 10:39 PM
coaches did screw it up at times and clearly obvious. can the coach not call a timeout from the sideline? if they can stoops should've seen that play clock at the 2 about to expire. if we do'nt have the stinkin false start on the last drive and have the same kick the field goal is good. if i see another flag fly for false start (esp by cory brandon) i'm going to puke...landry looked confused, and yes, i was waiting on someone to comment on the D...."one of the best in the country" and can't penetrate (consistently) a raw o-line? i'm even worried about tulsa now

the "best d line in the country" has probably been a little weakened b/c they've been going up against a sorry ace raw line since last spring

OlRedMagic
9/5/2009, 10:45 PM
Bob is severely overrated if only for his nepotism. He's only a faded shadow of what he used to be and he's taking the school for a ride.

StoopTroup
9/5/2009, 10:45 PM
Bob is nowhere near the coach he used to be. I can't believe he's letting friendship cost him so dearly. I guess when you make 4 million a year, you can do what you want.

Can't believe someone with Wishbone in their name doesn't remember what the monster did to Barry Switzer, Gary Gibbs and Larry Lacewell.

History has a way of repeating itself...some of us choose not to participate.

Just sayin'.

OlRedMagic
9/5/2009, 10:48 PM
the "best d line in the country" has probably been a little weakened b/c they've been going up against a sorry ace raw line since last spring

They should've felt right at home in this game then. The BYU line was in even worse shape than ours.

IronHorseSooner
9/5/2009, 10:50 PM
Again, I blame the coordinators on this one. This is the definition of insanity. This line was NOT prepared, the playcalling (especially in short yardage) was atrocious. Barry used to say that if you couldn't pound the fullback into the endzone after 4 tries, you didn't deserve to win. It happened against FLA, and it happened tonight! It has happened other times as well.

MyT Oklahoma
9/5/2009, 10:50 PM
I have very little faith in our coaching any more. After all somebody has to take the responsibility and their the ones getting very well paid. They bring in some great talent year after year and then what do we get? Games like KSU (2003), USC (2004), Boise State (2007), Colorado (2007), West Virginia (2008), Florida (2009) and then still yet once again tonight.

They deserve the criticism that they are going to get tonight and the rest of this season.

OlRedMagic
9/5/2009, 10:53 PM

How embarrassing would a shoot-out with TU be? Can this offense still get in a shoot-out?

misplaced_sooner
9/5/2009, 10:56 PM
I think the most un-forgivable moment of this game was on the BYU drive. On fourth down, they lined up without hesitation and quick snapped it. The OU coaches should have called timeout as soon as it was clear BYU wasn't going to kick the field goal.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/5/2009, 11:41 PM
You guys do realize that BYU is a top 25 team that is know for being a strong offensive team. The defense did a great job. If I tell you a week ago that OU gives up 14 points...you would all be talking about how awesome they must have played.

okcusooner
9/5/2009, 11:58 PM
Your point is valid...The defense did play well overall.

More specifically, what's unnerving is mounting evidence that a Brent Venables defense will often fold in the late fourth quarter drive made by a worthy opponent.

I felt the same way tonight as I did sitting in the Fiesta Bowl in the Boise State game. I just knew that come the big 3rd or 4th down play, we would fold.

And we did, and did, and did.

sooner ngintunr
9/6/2009, 12:03 AM
Venables needs to go.

and so a new season begins.

sooner ngintunr
9/6/2009, 12:07 AM
They bring in some great talent year after year

are you really sure about that? tonight made me wonder.

IMO it looked like we lacked heart, not talent.

MyT Oklahoma
9/6/2009, 12:13 AM

According to the recruting services our recruiting classes are top ten year after year. I do have to wonder though if our coaches know what to do with them once they get them.

okcusooner
9/6/2009, 12:14 AM
I agree with this skepticism...

It pains me to say that we are no longer on the very top elite level with Florida or SC.

I never hear either of these teams point to a rebuilding line or young quarterback as the reason why they might not be as strong as the year before...They truly reload. Perhaps this is connected to having a top three recruiting class year after year.

Curly Bill
9/6/2009, 12:15 AM

Maybe Mike took that too when he left for Zona with the bag of Sooner Magic. :D

sooner ngintunr
9/6/2009, 12:29 AM
I agree with this skepticism...

because you only ****in post here after we lose, go bash OU on some other board dip****.

okcusooner
9/6/2009, 12:33 AM
because you only ****in post here after we lose, go bash OU on some other board dip****.

You are so well spoken...

It's cool that Quick Trip lets you post while you are working the graveyard shift. Still, don't forget to refill the slurpee machine.

Petro-Sooner
9/6/2009, 12:33 AM
**** poor. I'll catch the "highlights" from here on out.

tommieharris91
9/6/2009, 12:36 AM

It's cool that Quick Trip lets you post while you are working the graveyard shift. Still, don't forget to refill the slurpee machine.
I've never seen your handle pop up after an OU win, or in the offseason. Only after the losses do you come here.

soonerchris
9/6/2009, 12:37 AM
Pathetic? You know what's pathetic? Reading a bunch of whiners bitching about a loss to a top 25 team the first game of the season!! Our defense played lights out and I'm proud of them!! They were on the field a lot tonight give them credit. Landry looked lost? I think he did awesome in the situation and am comfortable with him. The legit gripe of the night is the o line and venables. You talk about spoiled know it alls that I'm sure will flame away at me for your superior insight and all. Most of you are legends in your own minds and that's as far as it goes. Grow up and look forward.

jdsooner
9/6/2009, 12:42 AM

What's wrong with running a slurpee machine? I like slurpees! Yes, we played pathetic on offense. I think that Kevin Wilson is responsible for this loss, not Venables. However, you can't win them all and don't forget how many points we scored last year.

Petro-Sooner
9/6/2009, 12:45 AM
OUT

Hotrod3157
9/6/2009, 12:46 AM
I'm not sure if I qualify as a Venables basher or not. We didn't lose the game tonight because of the defense. We held a ranked BYU team to 14 points that should be enough to win any weekend. The poor discipline and execution of the offense lost the game tonight. As for the defense, it just seems the times that we really need to get a stop our bend but don't break style jumps up and bites us. It might be time to look at changing styles on defense, we've changed offensive styles multiple times in the Stoops era but the defense has remained the same since Mike left. Just saying it might be time to send Venables to school on a new defensive style or bring in a new defensive coordinator or co-defensive coordinator and change things up.

okcusooner
9/6/2009, 12:46 AM
I've never seen your handle pop up after an OU win, or in the offseason. Only after the losses do you come here.

You are correct. I don't spend a lot of time on this board in the off-season. That's because I have a life...

Yes, try it sometime. It is possible to be an OU fan, but not be so consumed by it that you have to consistently post when the players themselves aren't even playing.

I will get up tomorrow and go on with my life...You will clearly lament, cry, and wring your hands over 85 players who don't even know you...

Sad, for someone who posts and follows the team 24/7/365, you'd think that you'd have a more realistic perspective on the team strengths and shortcomings.

sooner ngintunr
9/6/2009, 12:47 AM

exactly my point. shows up last jan, before that it was oct.

StoopTroup
9/6/2009, 12:48 AM
You are correct. I don't spend a lot of time on this board in the off-season. That's because I have a life...

Lamest excuse ever.

Almost as bad as "Best two out of three! The Battlecry of the lOsUr".

sooner ngintunr
9/6/2009, 12:50 AM

yeah you really are a doosh.

You probably work for me. LOL.

If you have a life wtf are you doing talking **** about someone you have no clue about?

okcusooner
9/6/2009, 12:50 AM
I'm not sure if I qualify as a Venables basher or not. We didn't lose the game tonight because of the defense. We held a ranked BYU team to 14 points that should be enough to win any weekend. The poor discipline and execution of the offense lost the game tonight. As for the defense, it just seems the times that we really need to get a stop our bend but don't break style jumps up and bites us. It might be time to look at changing styles on defense, we've changed offensive styles multiple times in the Stoops era but the defense has remained the same since Mike left. Just saying it might be time to send Venables to school on a new defensive style or bring in a new defensive coordinator or co-defensive coordinator and change things up.

soonerchris...take note of the above posting. This is what reasoned dialogue sounds like.

Cougarfan3
9/6/2009, 12:54 AM
Hey fellas, I am back! Remember ya'll saying that "BYU sucked" and all of your score predictions??? What up now? Must suck to know that Bradford, Gresham, etc. all came back to win a title and we just punked you on national tv. Like I said, you're the 2nd best team in your own state! Holler!

okcusooner
9/6/2009, 12:55 AM
yeah you really are a doosh.

You probably work for me. LOL.

If you have a life wtf are you doing talking **** about someone you have no clue about?

Uhm..it's called sarcasm.

My point being that someone with your debate "skills" is obviously not the brightest person....******

StoopTroup
9/6/2009, 12:57 AM

My point being that someone with your debate "skills" is obviously not the brightest person....******

Thank God your here to save SoonerFans.com from all these freaking hillbilly's.

LMAO!

tommieharris91
9/6/2009, 12:57 AM
soonerchris...take note of the above posting. This is what reasoned dialogue sounds like.

You haven't posted anything with reason since you've been here. Jump off the bandwagon. You only come here to stir up **** after a loss. Your posting history proves that.

StoopTroup
9/6/2009, 12:59 AM
Hey fellas, I am back! Remember ya'll saying that "BYU sucked" and all of your score predictions??? What up now? Must suck to know that Bradford, Gresham, etc. all came back to win a title and we just punked you on national tv. Like I said, you're the 2nd best team in your own state! Holler!

I think there is a Congrats thread for you somewhere.

Is this the class you fellas were talking about?

soonerchris
9/6/2009, 01:01 AM
Oksuck or whatever you call yourself. Take note. Your PATHETIC thread must be titled on your lame posting ability and general view on others. Go visit the dr phill site. Bye bye now

okcusooner
9/6/2009, 01:02 AM
You haven't posted anything with reason since you've been here. Jump off the bandwagon. You only come here to stir up **** after a loss. Your posting history proves that.

I would expect you to say that.....talk reason to a fool and he'll call you foolish.

CrimsonJim
9/6/2009, 01:04 AM

There is a congrats thread that you obviously chose to ignore. Other Coug fans have came back and been gracious in victory. You should try to learn something from them.

I think there is a Congrats thread for you somewhere.

Is this the class you fellas were talking about?

That would be the class that he/she is sorely lacking.

StoopTroup
I would expect you to say that.....talk reason to a fool and he'll call you foolish.

You haven't run out of adjectives.

Impressive.

tommieharris91
Nice rebuttal. All you do post negative **** here after a loss and then attack people when they disagree with you. Care to refute, or will you keep up the namecalling?

sooner ngintunr
9/6/2009, 01:05 AM

I guess your the sober boy of SF.com @ 1 am.

WTF do you want to debate? OU is pathetic? I disagree.

your a doosh, you started a "pathetic" thread, there is no use for you here.

no debating required.

jumperstop
9/6/2009, 01:07 AM
No need in reading this ****. People need to whine less and think more more logically. Was not the outcome that everyone wanted, but BYU was a top 25 team. That being said I hope we can get some things fixed here soon.

With every loss you see those people that think we should fire the coaches, stupid stuff like that. The d did well mostly, it was the O that struggled. Really couldn't get anything consitent going.

Football Jim
9/6/2009, 01:10 AM
Wow, this game really threw me for a loop. Where was the fire on the sidelines? It seemed at times that the coaches were on auto pilot. Bradford was the only one I consistantly saw trying to pump up the team. I hope he is not seriously hurt as he is a class guy.

I think that the Sooners will be ok as the season progresses. It seemed like BYU was gassed and the Sooners didn't finish them off and they let the Cougars catch their second wind. It seems like the Sooners weren't hungry enough.

CrimsonJim
9/6/2009, 01:11 AM
No need in reading this ****. People need to whine less and think more more logically. Was not the outcome that everyone wanted, but BYU was a top 25 team. That being said I hope we can get some things fixed here soon.

With every loss you see those people that think we should fire the coaches, stupid stuff like that. The d did well mostly, it was the O that struggled. Really couldn't get anything consitent going.

This! ^^^

StoopTroup
9/6/2009, 01:14 AM
yep.

okcusooner
9/6/2009, 01:14 AM
Nice rebuttal. All you do post negative **** here after a loss and then attack people when they disagree with you. Care to refute, or will you keep up the namecalling?

Ok...clearly you read at an 8th grade level....

I stated my premise clearly at the beginning of this thread.

tommieharris91
9/6/2009, 01:21 AM
Ok...clearly you read at an 8th grade level....

I stated my premise clearly at the beginning of this thread.

And clearly you like to dance around my premise. You only come here after OU loses a game to post negative trash like this aptly-named thread. Care to refute?

UTsucks
9/6/2009, 01:22 AM
Pathetic? You know what's pathetic? Reading a bunch of whiners bitching about a loss to a top 25 team the first game of the season!! Our defense played lights out and I'm proud of them!! They were on the field a lot tonight give them credit. Landry looked lost? I think he did awesome in the situation and am comfortable with him. The legit gripe of the night is the o line and venables. You talk about spoiled know it alls that I'm sure will flame away at me for your superior insight and all. Most of you are legends in your own minds and that's as far as it goes. Grow up and look forward.

Why don't you grow up pumpkin. We sucked period. It's BYU SOOOOO if you say then BYU should have been ranked top 5 right? Big game BOB is not getting it done. This is coaching not players. Sorry tired of people bitching at the ones who see it for what this is. One game yup that we should not have lost. The season is over for a BCS game. Even with SAM in they looked weak. The OL was bad. :pop:

Curly Bill
9/6/2009, 01:23 AM
And clearly you like to dance around my premise. You only come here after OU loses a game to post negative trash like this aptly-named thread. Care to refute?

Hell, I'll refute for him: It's more fun to bitch and moan when things go bad then it is to just heap on more compliments when things are good. :P

rainiersooner
9/6/2009, 01:27 AM
You guys do realize that BYU is a top 25 team that is know for being a strong offensive team. The defense did a great job. If I tell you a week ago that OU gives up 14 points...you would all be talking about how awesome they must have played.

I predicted that the score would be 56-14. Hey! I was right about half of it. I agree...I'm not laying this on our defense. I do blame Kevin Wilson. There was no identity to our play calling - even in the first half. And this was such a sorry effort by the O-Line. Undisciplined, ragged, yes...pathetic.

okcusooner
9/6/2009, 01:31 AM

Yes, most of my posts come after losses...Duh, that is when the issues are most ripe for discussion.

What is the point in spending hours woo-hooing online after blowout games like the Big XII Championship game against Missouri? To say thought provoking things like, "Wow, we kicked as*" Yeah, no sh*t.

soonerchris
9/6/2009, 01:40 AM
Utsucks. Since everybody here knows so much more than I or others that agree with me who exactly do you replace the coachs with? Do tell. Why call me pumpkin? Mom, is that you!?!?

MyT Oklahoma
9/6/2009, 01:45 AM
Well you usually replace coaches with somebody who can get the job done.

okcusooner
9/6/2009, 01:47 AM
Utsucks. Since everybody here knows so much more than I or others that agree with me who exactly do you replace the coachs with? Do tell. Why call me pumpkin? Mom, is that you!?!?

Yeah Utsucks, why call him pumpkin? Clearly, idi*ot is more appropriate.

Funky G
9/6/2009, 02:01 AM
I have very little faith in our coaching any more. After all somebody has to take the responsibility and their the ones getting very well paid. They bring in some great talent year after year and then what do we get? Games like KSU (2003), USC (2004), Boise State (2007), Colorado (2007), West Virginia (2008), Florida (2009) and then still yet once again tonight.

They deserve the criticism that they are going to get tonight and the rest of this season.

^^^
BAM

jdsooner
9/6/2009, 02:21 AM

You sir, are a turd!

adoniijahsooner
9/6/2009, 02:33 AM
Wilson is more responsible than anyone tonight. Where was Cameron Kenney? Where was Dejuan Miller? Where was the deep ball? How come he couldnt go max protection like BYU did, and protect Sam Bradford? They need to look at themselves and make changes. The defense played well, but when your O is going 3 and out, eventually you will wear down, did you see Gerald?

rainiersooner
9/6/2009, 02:34 AM
Wilson is more responsible than anyone tonight. Where was Cameron Kenney? Where was Dejuan Miller? Where was the deep ball? How come he couldnt go max protection like BYU did, and protect Sam Bradford? They need to look at themselves and make changes. The defense played well, but when your O is going 3 and out, eventually you will wear down, did you see Gerald?

Agreed.

adoniijahsooner
9/6/2009, 02:35 AM

You complained about class, so you need to show some.