PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to BYU

StoopTroup
9/5/2009, 09:31 PM
Your team showed up and posted a huge upset.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Petro-Sooner
9/5/2009, 09:39 PM
Hats off to them!! I wanted revenge from the copper bowl but didnt get it. Look forward to meeting them again.

CrimsonJim
9/5/2009, 09:41 PM
Game well played, Cougs. Congratulations and best of luck the rest of the season.

Desert Sapper
9/5/2009, 09:49 PM
Congratulations, BYU. Best of luck for the rest of the season. If you would have told me yesterday we would hold BYU to 14 points and still lose, I wouldn't believe it, but there it is.

MyT Oklahoma
9/5/2009, 10:05 PM
This board is slower than molasses tonight but you guys won and we lost. Congratulations.

G8trGr8t
9/5/2009, 10:13 PM
Hats off to you guys. Tough loss and a lot of class to post as you have.

delhalew
9/5/2009, 10:16 PM
You guys fought hard, like a bunch of pitbulls. I hope you carry this win into a successful season.

CrimsonJim
9/5/2009, 10:24 PM
Hats off to you guys. Tough loss and a lot of class to post as you have.

We like to talk smack with the best of them, but when we're beaten fair and square, we will always give credit where credit is due.

Leroy Lizard
9/5/2009, 10:29 PM
The Mormans can play. No doubt about it.

nBoSTP
9/5/2009, 10:38 PM
Nice Job BYU. You played hard and deserved to win.

GrapevineSooner
9/5/2009, 10:39 PM
We were beaten, fair and square.

We didn't make plays that could have put the game out of reach. But when we didn't, your team capitalized on the very next drive to win it.

nmsoonergirl
9/5/2009, 10:48 PM
I'm not sure I'd call it a HUGE upset, but you all played a good game. Congrats.

Bosley
9/5/2009, 10:59 PM
Great job BYU, go rock the BCS. Make us proud!

Turd_Ferguson
9/5/2009, 11:00 PM
Spek to urrbody in this thread. Hat's off to BYU. Good game.

misplaced_sooner
9/5/2009, 11:10 PM
Good job BYU.

Crucifax Autumn
9/5/2009, 11:27 PM
Thye won and wn tough. Hats off.

SoonerCoug
9/5/2009, 11:56 PM
Thanks for all the classy posts. The Sooner fans sitting around me were all very kind and gracious. I'm sorry I jumped to so many conclusions based on the behavior of a few rogue posters here.

MyT Oklahoma
9/6/2009, 12:02 AM
You will find that most Sooner fans are a class act. We have our problem children but then who doesn't? Congrats once again and best wishes.

olevetonahill
9/6/2009, 12:03 AM
Thanks for all the classy posts. The Sooner fans sitting around me were all very kind and gracious. I'm sorry I jumped to so many conclusions based on the behavior of a few rogue posters here.

Grats to the Team
You however still suck :rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
9/6/2009, 12:10 AM

Learn to never generalize. We know how it is to win and to lose and we try to have class either way. You guys pulled it out and we congratulate you. Good game.

Now we just need to win out and make you this year's texass! lol

Crucifax Autumn
9/6/2009, 12:11 AM
Going t bed...too sad to stay awake.

sooner ngintunr
9/6/2009, 12:14 AM
yep, good win for their program.

congrats cougs, you guys played tuff.

Cougarfan3
9/6/2009, 01:05 AM
So the OU fans I met at the game were nothing but classy, and the posters on this board all week were nothing but ridiculous, arrogant and disrespectful towards BYU and the LDS religion. I guess the fans at the game don't post on here . . . Sorry about Sam, that always sucks when someone gets injured.

StoopTroup
9/6/2009, 01:13 AM
So the OU fans I met at the game were nothing but classy, and the posters on this board all week were nothing but ridiculous, arrogant and disrespectful towards BYU and the LDS religion. I guess the fans at the game don't post on here . . . Sorry about Sam, that always sucks when someone gets injured.

Most what you got here was tongue in cheek stuff. There are long time Mormon's on this board that I respect. We have a long History of kidding each other and even having a strong debate or two.

This week was about Football. We get all kinds here.

If you don't like it here....you can leave anytime.

You didn't see many of us over on your message boards complaining about how you guys disrespect us by knocking on our front doors either.

SoonerCoug
9/6/2009, 01:24 AM
You didn't see many of us over on your message boards complaining about how you guys disrespect us by knocking on our front doors either.

Since you decided to take another shot at Mormons, I'm glad we were able to knock more than your front doors tonight.

BlueNtheFace
9/6/2009, 01:31 AM
Most what you got here was tongue in cheek stuff. There are long time Mormon's on this board that I respect. We have a long History of kidding each other and even having a strong debate or two.

This week was about Football. We get all kinds here.

If you don't like it here....you can leave anytime.

I would personally knock on your door and talk to you on the street corner, no hesitation. No disrespect there. Especially if you had a "No Solicitors" sign. Those are for vacuum salesmen. If you get bothered by 19-yr-old missionaries from any religion, you're either insecure or socially awkward.

Knock knock. Good game.

Go Cougs.

colinreturn
9/6/2009, 01:40 AM
you guys better take this and go undefeated. or ill be pissed.

redhawk49
9/6/2009, 01:40 AM
Congrats to the Cougars. Good luck the rest of the way! To my fellow SOONERS-We may be down tonight but always remember, Crimson and Cream will always rise to the top! BOOMER!

cougartroll2009
9/6/2009, 01:59 AM
So the OU fans I met at the game were nothing but classy, and the posters on this board all week were nothing but ridiculous, arrogant and disrespectful towards BYU and the LDS religion.

I have to respectfully disagree with you. I found this forum to compare very favorably with other college football forums in terms of respect, over-the-top-ness, etc. C'mon, we have Utah and Wyoming in our conference . . .

What jokes there were about Mormons, Joseph Smith, etc. were meant in fun and not maliciously (for the most part), and were sometimes even funny. Trying to see things from other people's perspectives, we Mormons can look like (and be) a funny lot. Good-natured ribbing never hurts, and reacting the wrong way to it only leads to the perpetuating of old stereotypes . . .

Hat tip to this forum, from me, anway. I found you to be a class act.

YLife
9/6/2009, 02:00 AM
I made a lot of new friends tonight. Thanks for the 99% of you that were not jerks. You learn a lot about people in how they deal with frustration, and I was VERY impressed with everyone. Yes, we had trouble with a few drunk fans, but for the most part everyone was a total class act.

I feel sorry for Idaho State players next week. They'll be scraping them off the turf.

SoonerCoug
9/6/2009, 02:02 AM
No one can deny that Mormons are silly. But some of the stuff on here was over the top.

That said, the biggest thing that has bothered me on this board is that Sooner fans have consistently suggested that we don't even belong on the same field with them.

Even I predicted a blow-out victory for the Sooners, but I have always resented the suggestion that BYU's athletes are necessarily inferior. I think the fact that BYU athletes are on par with some of the best is undeniable after tonight. I have reminded Sooner fans time and again that many of our players turn down scholarships from BCS schools to play at BYU. Others turn down scholarships at other schools to walk on at BYU (like Pitta, Kariya--3rd string RB, and Clausen--who you saw in action tonight). OU has a tremendous collection of talent and experience, and BYU did not cower.

That said, I think that OU's coaches made a huge mistake by relying too heavily on the run. I believe this coaching decision was also a direct result of the "superiority complex." In other words, OU coaches underestimated BYU's athletes, defense, and ability to stop the run. BYU has had a top 20 defense for the last couple of years, if I am not mistaken.

Regarding the game and the season, I'm very sorry about what happened to Bradford, and I hope OU wins out.

Desert Sapper
9/6/2009, 11:04 PM
After the game, and having seen some of the other teams play, I'd be surprised if we could beat Baylor this year. We may not even be the third best team in our division.

I think we can take this game and not take another team for granted, not make all the mistakes we made, and play much, much better than we did against BYU. It's possible we could win out. It's not looking very likely right now, but if the team learns from this and plays much better, we could still have a good season.

As for BYU, y'all played lights out. As impressed as I was with your D, I was much more impressed with your O-Line. We all know what the OU D-Line is capable of, and you made them look average most of the night. Your D made our O look below average most of the night. We didn't do much to improve things. Receivers dropping passes, more false starts than I've ever seen us have, blown blocking assignments (one of which led to our Heisman trophy winner getting hurt), etc. etc.

I'll tell you why I think you guys can win out. You get ALL of your tough games at home. You get FSU, TCU, Air Force (they scored 70 points on somebody this weekend), and Utah all in your house. If you play like you did against us, you'll beat those teams. Especially in front of an all blue crowd.

I wish the best for both of our teams now. At this point, I think you stand a much better chance of winning out than we do.

Desert Sapper
9/6/2009, 11:07 PM
OU and Colorado were the only losers in the Big XII this week. That stings some.

Soonerus
9/6/2009, 11:08 PM
f' byu...

picasso
9/6/2009, 11:09 PM

You mean about us being uneducated?

Nice win.

ouwasp
9/6/2009, 11:38 PM
Yes, BYU did what they had to do.....they played to win. I'll never forgive them for that joke of a mnc in '84, but they earned last night's win.