PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Decides Not To Recertify Balogun

CK Sooner
9/4/2009, 06:11 PM
This has to be the biggest ****ing joke ever.

Tell the NCAA what you think.

http://www.ncaa.com/feedback/ncaa-feedback.html

meoveryouxinfinity
9/4/2009, 06:14 PM
For real? wow.

Based on what?

SoonerKnight
9/4/2009, 06:15 PM
no story yet????? Linky to decision?

CK Sooner
9/4/2009, 06:15 PM
no story yet????? Linky to decision?

http://ouinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121264

You won't be able to see it unless you pay.

LawtonBoy74
9/4/2009, 06:16 PM
This really sucks!! I disgusted at the ncaa :mad:

meoveryouxinfinity
9/4/2009, 06:16 PM
For good or just right now?

And can't he continue to pursue charges?

CK Sooner
9/4/2009, 06:17 PM
His last chance will now be up to the court system.

StoopTroup
9/4/2009, 06:18 PM
How's this?

You guys are unbelievable. The fact that a Student Athlete even had to get an attorney to defend his rights against you is pathetic. Now making a decision like this and passing on the Reggie Bush stuff.

Your ruining it for the folks who support College Football.

You guys should resign and go work for the NFL. They probably have a broom and a dustpan waiting for you.

CK Sooner
9/4/2009, 06:18 PM
For good or just right now?

And can't he continue to pursue charges?

Yes, he can pursue charges and still try to get it back. Time is running out though...

CK Sooner
9/4/2009, 06:19 PM
How's this?

Mine was a little harsher.

:O

LawtonBoy74
9/4/2009, 06:19 PM
We are just getting bombarded with bad news lately...right before the opener :mad:

missann
9/4/2009, 06:42 PM
We can win it all for Mike now. We should be pumped.

JLEW1818
9/4/2009, 06:42 PM
**** the free world

Flagstaffsooner
9/4/2009, 06:45 PM
Sue 'em 'till they grovel in the gravel. We did it in '84, Let's do it again.

CK Sooner
9/4/2009, 06:46 PM
If we are ahead a lot by halftime they should let R. Lewis play the whole second half.

JLEW1818
9/4/2009, 06:48 PM
i wanna see him knock somebody, hopefully the NCAA

LawtonBoy74
9/4/2009, 06:48 PM
Yeah, I agree get him some experience

Dan Thompson
9/4/2009, 08:03 PM
Anyone know where to get the list of officals who are on the board that decertified him?

StoopTroup
9/4/2009, 08:05 PM
We can win it all for Mike now. We should be pumped.

Yep and give him a ring.

sooneron
9/4/2009, 08:06 PM
How's mine?

**** off Dip ****.

StoopTroup
9/4/2009, 08:07 PM
How's mine?

**** off Dip ****.

You been drinkin'? :confused: :pop:

sooneron
9/4/2009, 08:08 PM
Barely

CK Sooner
9/4/2009, 08:09 PM
How's mine?

**** off Dip ****.

Your eligibility? I didn't know you had any.

sooneron
9/4/2009, 08:11 PM
Mine as in MY REPLY.

StoopTroup
9/4/2009, 08:13 PM
Barely

But your headed in the right direction now right? :D :pop:

OUAlumni1990
9/4/2009, 08:21 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1XVUdraxgKc/Ru_LAq546SI/AAAAAAAAAQs/KHsbdgVeNI8/s320/boz186qr%5B1%5D.jpg

sooneron
9/4/2009, 08:21 PM
sort of ambling along...

StoopTroup
9/4/2009, 08:26 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1XVUdraxgKc/Ru_LAq546SI/AAAAAAAAAQs/KHsbdgVeNI8/s320/boz186qr%5B1%5D.jpg

Greatness!

MyT Oklahoma
9/4/2009, 08:32 PM
Did anyone really expect anything less? After all it is the NCAA that were talking about here.

I haven't had any faith in them since their great screw job of 1973 (OU's 2 year probation that affected 3 seasons). Their not taking any action regarding Reggie Bush is simply icing on the cake. They have no credibility IMO.

SoonerTroll
9/4/2009, 08:35 PM
I need a FREE MIKE t shirt...

StoopTroup
9/4/2009, 08:41 PM
Wonder if the whorns would buy us a banner to fly around.

BoulderSooner79
9/4/2009, 08:46 PM
I sent as civil of a note as possible. I said all facts of the case must be made public and fully accessible.

ouduckhunter
9/4/2009, 08:49 PM
The NCAA sux! They are a bunch of power mad idiots!

OUAlumni1990
9/4/2009, 09:03 PM
Wonder if the whorns would buy us a banner to fly around.

We could rent their plane from them and then crash it into the NCAA headquarters.

:pop:

AlbqSooner
9/4/2009, 09:06 PM
We could rent their plane from them and then crash it into the NCAA headquarters.

:pop:

With whorn paraphenalia scattered about the plane. :D

OUAlumni1990
9/4/2009, 09:07 PM
With whorn paraphenalia scattered about the plane. :D
:D

StoopTroup
9/4/2009, 09:11 PM
There is nothing greater than SoonerFans getting together to fix a problem. :D

Crucifax Autumn
9/4/2009, 09:13 PM
We are the world's problem solvers!

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/4/2009, 09:42 PM
Do you think if I create a webpage that says Colt McCoy was the QB for Indianapolis Colts in 2003, they would de-certify him because the internet is the only place of truth

StoopTroup
9/4/2009, 09:44 PM
Check with Darth Husker first. LOL

meoveryouxinfinity
9/4/2009, 09:47 PM
Do you think if I create a webpage that says Colt McCoy was the QB for Indianapolis Colts in 2003, they would de-certify him because the internet is the only place of truth

I am sending this link to the NCAA.

OKC-SLC
9/4/2009, 09:49 PM
ridiculous.

SoonerInFortSmith
9/4/2009, 09:53 PM
NCAA would really like to know the truth.............
But they aren't willing to pull their heads out long enough to find it.

Hotrod3157
9/4/2009, 11:07 PM
This is sad and absolutely typical. Punish a guy who has tried to do everything right. USC is laughing right now.

sooner518
9/4/2009, 11:13 PM
are they required to publish their case against Balogun?

rainiersooner
9/4/2009, 11:16 PM
Just out of curiosity - any other lawyers on this board who have an opinion on the merit of a class action suit against the NCAA (it only takes 35 to certify). I'm thinking we get season ticket holders who have been deprived of watching Balagun. The main problem is lack of any privity between ticket holders and the NCAA...implied contractual expectations? Anyone?? It's worth a try and some bad publicity for the NCAA, if nothing else....

rainiersooner
9/4/2009, 11:17 PM
are they required to publish their case against Balogun?

that's what I'm wondering. Balogun filed his TRO - I read it and it is compelling. Now, all I'm getting in response are rumors that they (the NCAA) are denying his eligibility. There is zero information, zero accountability, zero facts, affidavits, and statements.

SCOUT
9/4/2009, 11:18 PM
Balogun should not be allowed to play. He may have broken NCAA rules and that will not be tolerated in any form or fashion. The NCAA has consistently shown that they run a fair and consistent ship...just ask Reggie Bush and Maurice Clarett.

His rumored participation in an organized football game is much more egregious than taking money from an agent, accepting a home for your family, cheating on tests, and having grades just flat out made up. Mike has to be punished. If they don't the NCAA could lose credibility.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Desert Sapper
9/4/2009, 11:48 PM
I'm sticking with my thoughts on the new NCAA t-shirt:

Never
Care
About
Athletes

Let Mike Play, you Mother****ers.

I want to know how an organization that was designed to protect players is constantly finding ways to hurt them. The bias in this garbage 'association' is disgusting, particularly when it comes to FBS teams and players.

What if this were Tim Teblow and not Mike Balogun? What then?

hgarmorer
9/5/2009, 12:03 AM
What if this were Tim Teblow and not Mike Balogun? What then?

He already plays professionally, He's God's QB. Geez

Petro-Sooner
9/5/2009, 12:12 AM
He should follow the rules. Deserves what he gets! I have no pity for him.

OUAlumni1990
9/5/2009, 12:35 AM
He should follow the rules. Deserves what he gets! I have no pity for him.

That's not the point. NCAA has suspended his eligibility until they determine whether or not he played pro ball after he turned 21. It's not clear yet, it's only based on accusation, and no hard evidence.

It goes against the constitutional rights that one is innocent until proven guilty. Meanwhile, Balogun's last year of eligibility will be gone and we'll all be dead and buried before the NCAA completes it's investigation.

LoyalFan
9/5/2009, 01:04 AM
Based on the well-warranted assumption that the NCAA will screw Mike I posted the following in their Feedback section.

"You lice have had it out for OU since the lawsuit that cracked your evil empire.
You slapped 'Bama's wrist for the two players re the fishing trip and you've been performing BJs on Petey Carroll and Reggie Bush from Day One.
Now, based on specious allegations, you've ruined Mike Balogun's dream.
Sooner or later enough schools are going to bolt and you jackasses are going to be left with tiddlywinks and chess to lord it over.
Go BCS!"

Gee, I sure hope I didn't hurt their feelings.
Of course, when Jesse Jerkson and Al Sharpie raise Hades in behalf of that Oregon thug the NCAA will cave and demand that UO reinstate the bastadge.
Eff 'em repeatedly and I want my pick of their female staff!

LF
Mad as Hell and I ain't gonna take it no mo'!

IronHorseSooner
9/5/2009, 08:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH0igs1SORM

This is actual footage of the NCAA committee chair with OU & SUC! Enjoy!

Monster Zero
9/5/2009, 09:23 AM
This has to be the biggest ****ing joke ever.

Tell the NCAA what you think.

http://www.ncaa.com/feedback/ncaa-feedback.html

Bosworth was right.

stoopified
9/5/2009, 09:42 AM
For real? wow.

Based on what?Because they are Nazi Communists Against Athletes.I think Nazi is more accurate than Boz's use of National.

budbarrybob
9/5/2009, 09:52 AM
Anti-trust law suit. If it makes $$ and its the only game in town. Break it up.

OUBabe
9/5/2009, 09:56 AM
Maybe we should hire a plane to fly over NCAA HQ w/ "Free Mike B"

StoopTroup
9/5/2009, 09:59 AM
You'll love what Gameday is spewing about letting the NCAA do an investigation at Michigan.

TXBOOMER
9/5/2009, 10:06 AM
You guys dropped the ball on the Mike Balogun situation. You waited until OU had given the guy all the spring and fall reps when they could have been giving them to another player. Now that he was set to play special teams and get several snaps at LB you find out these facts????? By the way, shaking hands before the game is the absolute dumbest thing that I have ever seen. It means nothing. Did Boise State and Oregon shake hands before the game? Whoever came up with that requirement has no clue.

StoopTroup
9/5/2009, 10:13 AM
You guys dropped the ball on the Mike Balogun situation. You waited until OU had given the guy all the spring and fall reps when they could have been giving them to another player. Now that he was set to play special teams and get several snaps at LB you find out these facts????? By the way, shaking hands before the game is the absolute dumbest thing that I have ever seen. It means nothing. Did Boise State and Oregon shake hands before the game? Whoever came up with that requirement has no clue.

Yes. Boise and Oregon shook hands.

StoopTroup
9/5/2009, 10:23 AM
Also:

The NCAA also weighed in.

"Under no circumstance is fighting acceptable. ... Sportsmanship is everyone's responsibility, including student-athletes, coaches, officials, institutions and fans," NCAA spokesman Erik Christianson said in a statement.

Players from both sides, Blount included, met at midfield for a pregame handshake Thursday, the result of a sportsmanship initiative developed for this weekend's games by the American Football Coaches Association and the NCAA. Grant Teaff, the AFCA's executive director, said Friday the incident would not dampen the weekend.

"This case points out that we still need to have a commitment to sportsmanship and respect," Teaff told ESPN's Joe Schad. "It was sad as I watched [the events in Boise], but the good news is nobody joined in. That would have been a brawl back in the day. This was one player who was frustrated and infuriated and lost control."

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4446898)

Jdog
9/5/2009, 10:42 AM
I am sending this link to the NCAA.

The story that I read said nothing about the NCAA learning new info about MB on the internet.
FSU turned us in - one of their people who is suppose to be familiar with the situation reported to the NCAA that MB had played Semi pro ball well past his 21st birthday.
This isn't a Bomar type deal - it's about another University, who was in hot water, reporting what they think they know to the NCAA.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/5/2009, 10:42 AM
Did anyone really expect anything less? After all it is the NCAA that were talking about here.

I haven't had any faith in them since their great screw job of 1973 (OU's 2 year probation that affected 3 seasons). Their not taking any action regarding Reggie Bush is simply icing on the cake. They have no credibility IMO.In conclusion...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/5/2009, 10:43 AM
This is sad and absolutely typical. Punish a guy who has tried to do everything right. USC is laughing right now.In conclusion #2

adoniijahsooner
9/5/2009, 02:26 PM
CK Sooner, you my boy and all, but no decision has been made, per NCAA spokesperson. Something tells me Mikes Lawyer needs to calm down and stop agitating the process.

OU Notebook: No decision on Balogun

NO DECISION
Mike Balogun: The linebacker's attorney said he thinks the NCAA will rule that his client played semi-pro football after turning 21.
By GUERIN EMIG, World Sports Writer
Published: 9/5/2009 2:21 AM
Last Modified: 9/5/2009 6:48 AM

Embattled Oklahoma football player Mike Balogun's attorney told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram on Friday that he has received notification that the NCAA's amateurism certification staff will make a decision on Balogun's eligibility on Friday — and he believes Balogun won't be recertified.

However, a spokesperson with the NCAA said on Friday that no decision has been made.

After playing two years of junior college football and last season at OU, Balogun was decertified for this year on Aug. 14. Four days later, Balogun filed a civil suit and won a temporary injunction that allowed him to keep practicing. The suit was cancelled — postponed, it now seems — when Glass and the NCAA tried to come to a timely compromise.

Balogun won't be traveling with the team to Saturday's game in Arlington, Texas, against BYU while Glass and the NCAA's legal team pursue further information. Now, Glass expects the NCAA to rule that it has determined Balogun did indeed play organized semi-pro football after his 21st birthday

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20090905_92_B10_hounot491189

OlRedMagic
9/5/2009, 05:21 PM
A bureaucrat is the most despicable of men, though he is needed as vultures are needed, but one hardly admires vultures whom bureaucrats so strangely resemble. I have yet to meet a bureaucrat who was not petty, dull, almost witless, crafty or stupid, an oppressor or a thief, a holder of little authority in which he delights, as a boy delights in possessing a vicious dog. Who can trust such creatures? --Cicero

The NCAA reminds me of this quote every time this useless organization does ANYTHING.

Scott D
9/5/2009, 05:36 PM

the AFCA came up with that idea, not the NCAA.

StormySooner-IN
9/5/2009, 05:47 PM
Shiiiit.

I shouldn't forget I live about 8 miles from their headquarters. I should just go wait outside the door one evening with some people and some blunt objects.... ;)