PDA

View Full Version : Joe Cox Sick

w0lfe
9/4/2009, 03:04 PM
Man, I would not bet on this game at all lol. Too many intangibles

ATHENS, Ga. -- Georgia quarterback Joe Cox is battling flu-like symptoms, but should play in the No. 13 Bulldogs' game Saturday at No. 9 Oklahoma State, according to sources close to the situation.

Cox, who spent most of the past three seasons playing behind Matthew Stafford, the No. 1 pick in this year's NFL draft, has been sick for the last "two to three days," according to a person with knowledge of the situation. It wasn't immediately clear if Cox would travel with his teammates Friday on a charter flight to Stillwater, Okla. There was a chance Cox could take a later flight to Stillwater on Friday night, the source said.

Cox, a senior from Charlotte, N.C., played sparingly the last three seasons, completing 33 of 58 passes for 432 yards with five touchdowns and one interception. If Cox can't play, sophomore Logan Gray would probably start at quarterback for the No. 13 Bulldogs. Gray, from Columbia, Mo., returned punts for the Bulldogs last season, but hasn't attempted a pass in his college career.

Georgia will also bring two freshman quarterbacks to Oklahoma State -- Aaron Murray and Zach Mettenberg.

The Bulldogs will already be missing sophomore tailback Caleb King, who probably won't make the trip to Oklahoma State after missing most of preseason camp with a strained hamstring. Sophomore Richard Samuel will replace record-setting tailback Knowshon Moreno in Georgia's backfield.

Mark Schlabach covers the SEC for ESPN.com.

LawtonBoy74
9/4/2009, 03:23 PM
and the horsepig flu I mean swine flu strikes again :D

badger
9/4/2009, 03:36 PM
stillwater has so many swine flu cases already, what's one more?

Boomer Mooner
9/4/2009, 03:43 PM
stillwater has so many swine flu cases already, what's one more?

This may be the first in Stillwater that wasn't sexually transmitted though.

LawtonBoy74
9/4/2009, 03:52 PM
:oink:

StoopTroup
9/4/2009, 04:44 PM
I didn't now we played them this year.

Oh you were talking about aggie maybe having a chance.

My bad. :D

StoopTroup
9/4/2009, 06:51 PM
ESPN just announced that Cox's travel to Stoolwater will be delayed due to his flu...but is scheduled to be there to play.

Sounds like he just won't travel with the team.