PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla Firefox

StoopTroup
9/4/2009, 02:04 PM
I started using it when Yermom made mention of it a few years back.

I love the way it works too. I've noticed though that some Companies are still using an automatic link that connects you to a site with IE. That really sends my computer into a tizzy it seems. I guessing since I don't accept the IE Updates it just crashes.

I'm getting concerned it might cause problems if I don't go and straighten out the Microsoft issues.

Do those bastards mess with Firefox users?

Also more and more I've been seeing Firefox have some issues when I had multiple windows open that have multiple links to windows open.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

1890MilesToNorman
9/4/2009, 02:53 PM
Goggle Chrome works for me on 95% of the sites I visit. 10 times faster then IE. i have very little experience with Firefox.

delhalew
9/4/2009, 03:05 PM
I have used firefox for years without issue. Recently I was having some freeze ups in firefox so I stepped back from version 3.5 to 3.0.13 and this solved my problem.

I really liked the upgrades on 3.5, but until they've had time to fix what appeared to be some java script issues, I will stay with 3. 0.13.

Like I said, first ever issue with firefox.

yermom
9/4/2009, 03:14 PM
i use Chrome a lot when i use Windows, but i've really gotten used to Adblock Plus. it's pretty sweet. i don't think Google is going to let something like that fly...

NoScript is pretty cool too, but can be annoying. it's good if you are really worried about security...

StoopTroup
9/4/2009, 03:19 PM
Good suggestions. I wondered about Chrome. Just hadn't taken the time to give it a go.

Thanks.

yermom
9/4/2009, 03:25 PM
it handles smaller resolutions better. like, i don't have to adjust youtube videos on my netbook's wee screen

SoonerAficionadOU
9/4/2009, 04:22 PM
I'd go full-time Chrome if I could have AdBlock and FlashBlock on it, but for now I use Firefox most of the time. I've been having some glitches as well since 3.5, never anything major, but just glitchy. They'll have it ironed out soon, I hope.

49r
9/4/2009, 05:43 PM
Goggle Chrome works for me on 95% of the sites I visit. 10 times faster then IE. i have very little experience with Firefox.

WebKit FTW!