PDA

View Full Version : parking info

OUHOMER
9/4/2009, 09:44 AM
just got this email

Dear OUHOMER,
Thank you for your ticket purchase to the Cowboys Classic featuring OU v. BYU, Saturday, September 5, 2009.
As we all await the game, we wanted to take this time to provide you with general information about the event.
Timeline
• 1:00pm Parking Lots Open
• 1:00pm Plazas Open
• 4:00pm Stadium Opens
• 6:00pm Kick-Off
Tailgating
• Tailgating is only permitted in the designated tailgating area, and you must have a tailgating parking pass to access the tailgating area
We urge you to use www.dallascowboysmaps.com for your customized directions to and from your specific parking lot. We look forward to seeing you on Saturday, September 5, 2009.

BornandBred
9/4/2009, 09:50 AM
Ditto. I googled the Dallas Cowboys Stadium for directions and it took me to the old one. Doesn't look like the googlebox has updated streets. I'll be using it to get me to the corner of I30 and Cooper, then the dallascowboysmaps to get me the rest of the way to my parking lot.

NormanPride
9/4/2009, 10:29 AM
So does that mean if we don't have a tailgating parking pass we're not ALLOWED into the area? Or just that we can't PARK there?

Because I want to park in my own ****ty area and then party with you fools.

BornandBred
9/4/2009, 10:58 AM
Not sure how that is going to work. I bought the cheaper parking option, still $38 or something. But, the email said you have to have a tailgate ticket to use those areas. I checked my parking ticket and it didn't say anything about tailgate and it says clearly "PARKING ONLY". I'll be pissed if I paid that much and still can't do the pregame.

OUHOMER
9/4/2009, 11:03 AM
I think it means parking for tailgate. In the other areas you can not put out lawn chairs, awnings, ice chest. So we plan on sitting in the back of our truck.

You should be able to walk anywhere you want. THIS IS AMERICA DAMN IT!

NormanPride
9/4/2009, 11:07 AM
YEAH!

JLEW1818
9/4/2009, 11:48 AM
so i guess I'm getting there at 1, walking to the stadium at 5... does anybody object?

okiewaker
9/4/2009, 12:07 PM
Anyone know if they will be serving drinks other than soda in the bars in the stadium?

JLEW1818
9/4/2009, 12:10 PM
like what?

alcohol ? yes

okiewaker
9/4/2009, 12:28 PM
Thanks jlew. I guess I will try to get into the stadium right when they open it so I can tour and find a bar to watch the rest of the poke game.