PDA

View Full Version : More on Cartilage Damage than you want to know

PLaw
9/4/2009, 06:57 AM
Here is a link that goes deep into cartilage damage and the various treatment options. Hopefully, this a mild case and JG can recover from some rest.

http://www.sportsinjurybulletin.com/archive/cartilage-injuries.html

Regardless, Gresh, here's to a speedy recovery and healthy year. You turned down big $$$$'s to be here for this season and the SN is very grateful for all of your contributions to the program.

BOOMER

badger
9/4/2009, 07:32 AM
We had fans step ready to donate their collarbones to AD. Now, who wants to step up and donate their unused, undamaged cartilage to JG?!

soonerfan3778
9/4/2009, 07:38 AM
good info thanks man

w0lfe
9/4/2009, 08:07 AM
Whats netball?

BermudaSooner
9/4/2009, 11:40 AM
Whats netball?

basically girls basketball, but without a backboard

CBUS_SOONER
9/4/2009, 12:12 PM
We had fans step ready to donate their collarbones to AD. Now, who wants to step up and donate their unused, undamaged cartilage to JG?!

I would, however, i'm fresh out of cartilage

soonerP_A_C
9/4/2009, 01:10 PM
Hey, good article but I gotta say I'm a Physician Assistant for an Orthopedic surgeon and we deal with knee cartilage issues all the time. That article pertains to the cartilage that coats the ends of the bones (like you find in chicken bones), and from what my boss and I have figured it sounds like JG has a meniscus tear. They're the main shock absorbers in the knee, with cartilage a lot like the cartilage in your ear. JG will probably get his knee scoped and be back in 2-3 weeks, probably by the Miami game... Blake Griffin was playing 2 weeks after his partial meniscectomy... No where have I found that it's truly his meniscus but from what we've gathered that's what it is. Shouldn't slow JG down too much.

CK Sooner
9/4/2009, 01:12 PM
Hey, good article but I gotta say I'm a Physician Assistant for an Orthopedic surgeon and we deal with knee cartilage issues all the time. That article pertains to the cartilage that coats the ends of the bones (like you find in chicken bones), and from what my boss and I have figured it sounds like JG has a meniscus tear. They're the main shock absorbers in the knee, with cartilage a lot like the cartilage in your ear. JG will probably get his knee scoped and be back in 2-3 weeks, probably by the Miami game... Blake Griffin was playing 2 weeks after his partial meniscectomy... No where have I found that it's truly his meniscus but from what we've gathered that's what it is. Shouldn't slow JG down too much.

Thank you for that info.

NormanPride
9/4/2009, 01:26 PM
Ditto.

IronHorseSooner
9/4/2009, 02:06 PM
Now, if we could St. Tim the Righteous to lay his hands upon him by about 7 pm EST tomorrow, he will ready to destroy BYU!

the_ouskull
9/4/2009, 02:39 PM
If I woke up one morning with an unused, undamaged shred of cartilage in my knees, I'd drop to them, probably ruining them, and start crying.

the_ouskull

Okla-homey
9/4/2009, 08:26 PM
The Good Lord will provide.

As a fellow native Ardmoreite of that kid, I can say, unequivocably, He wouldn't have led him to forego NFL beaucoup bucks only to have his prospects ruined during practice. Keep the faith bruthas and sistahs. The Lord has seen fit to knock us Okies around time and again, but we always land on our feet. JG is Sooner Born and Sooner Bred. It's all good.

Thus endeth the lesson.

P.S. My little sis taught JG in Third Grade. According to her, he's no Einstein, but he's a good kid who works hard. The Lord loves those kind of folks.

StoopTroup
9/4/2009, 08:27 PM
I would, however, i'm fresh out of cartilage

What about your ears? You still have those right? :D :pop:

StoopTroup
9/4/2009, 08:29 PM
The Good Lord will provide.

As a fellow native Ardmoreite of that kid, I can say, unequivocably, He wouldn't have led him to forego NFL beaucoup bucks only to have his prospects ruined during practice. Keep the faith bruthas and sistahs. The Lord has seen fit to knock us Okies around time and again, but we always land on our feet. JG is Sooner Born and Sooner Bred. It's all good.

Thus endeth the lesson.

BTW....why aren't you in the Tulsa Thread. We're rootin' em on for ya! :pop:

Okla-homey
9/4/2009, 08:32 PM
BTW....why aren't you in the Tulsa Thread. We're rootin' em on for ya! :pop:

I'm watchin' They're winnin'. As usual. 'nuff said.:D

I must admit, I hate to pull against my 'Canes the week after next, but I was Crimson before I was Golden.

StoopTroup
9/4/2009, 08:43 PM
I'm watchin' They're winnin'. As usual. 'nuff said.:D

I must admit, I hate to pull against my 'Canes the week after next, but I was Crimson before I was Golden.

Tough week for sure but I'm Crimson to the Wishbone too.