PDA

View Full Version : Statistical leaders for OU this year?

stoopified
9/3/2009, 09:39 PM
Passing is easy ,the queation is what kind of numbers will he put up this year.While I would like to say his numbers will improve over last season but that will be tough.I figure (conservativeky) 4000 yds-44 TD passes-12Ints.

Rushing-Murray and Brown could both go for 1000 + again this year.I'm guessing Murray does and Brown gets close at 800-900 yds.Clahoun at #3 TB will get around 500 I hope.

Recieving-Broyles will do a Clayton-Iglesias imitation and end up with 65 plus catches.Joining him among the WRs will Be Tennell with about 45 catches,Madu also around 45 catches, Hanna will have around 35(I'm thinking his injury issue holds Greshamback),Kenney will be get 30+.I think Brown,Murray both have 20+ catches.

TD catches -I think Tennell will lead with about a dozen,Gresham about 8.

Tackles -I'm going with the most likely hoice of Travis Lewis with around 150.

Sacks-English stays healthy,rebounds with ten,I think Alexander and Beal will both have 5+.

Interceptions-I'll give the same answer I gave in the thread on interceptions-Franks with 6.I think OUr D-line puts a lot of pressure on all the teams we play,and most them will pass a lot.

Kicking-Stevens keeps his job and goes 12-16 and hits a 48 yarder for a long.PATS 90-92-misses happen BUT if he can cut down from 5 misses to 2,I'll be happy.

Punting Tress Way -I'm hoping he kicks it a long Way(hoping for 42+ AVERAGE).

Scoring - I think Brown will lead with around 18 TDs.Murray I think will drop off scoring wise ,I'm thinking about a 12 TDs.

Return game- I think Bryles and Franks will do well on both punt and kick return this year.I think Broyles will break at least one punt and one kick for TD.I also wouldn't be surprised to see Murray end up on KO returns in spite of his current reservations about doing.so.

Do I really have any idea if any of this will happen?Hell no but if it does, we have a good shot at #8.Besides we are 1 1/2 days from kickoff and this got me a few minutes closer.

stoopified
9/4/2009, 12:09 PM
Passing is easy ,the queation is what kind of numbers will he put up this year.While I would like to say his numbers will improve over last season but that will be tough.I figure (conservativeky) 4000 yds-44 TD passes-12Ints.

Rushing-Murray and Brown could both go for 1000 + again this year.I'm guessing Murray does and Brown gets close at 800-900 yds.Clahoun at #3 TB will get around 500 I hope.

Recieving-Broyles will do a Clayton-Iglesias imitation and end up with 65 plus catches.Joining him among the WRs will Be Tennell with about 45 catches,Madu also around 45 catches, Hanna will have around 35(I'm thinking his injury issue holds Greshamback),Kenney will be get 30+.I think Brown,Murray both have 20+ catches.

TD catches -I think Tennell will lead with about a dozen,Gresham about 8.

Tackles -I'm going with the most likely hoice of Travis Lewis with around 150.

Sacks-English stays healthy,rebounds with ten,I think Alexander and Beal will both have 5+.

Interceptions-I'll give the same answer I gave in the thread on interceptions-Franks with 6.I think OUr D-line puts a lot of pressure on all the teams we play,and most them will pass a lot.

Kicking-Stevens keeps his job and goes 12-16 and hits a 48 yarder for a long.PATS 90-92-misses happen BUT if he can cut down from 5 misses to 2,I'll be happy.

Punting Tress Way -I'm hoping he kicks it a long Way(hoping for 42+ AVERAGE).

Scoring - I think Brown will lead with around 18 TDs.Murray I think will drop off scoring wise ,I'm thinking about a 12 TDs.

Return game- I think Bryles and Franks will do well on both punt and kick return this year.I think Broyles will break at least one punt and one kick for TD.I also wouldn't be surprised to see Murray end up on KO returns in spite of his current reservations about doing.so.

Do I really have any idea if any of this will happen?Hell no but if it does, we have a good shot at #8.Besides we are 1 1/2 days from kickoff and this got me a few minutes closer.I guess timing is everything,I should have posted this in June when people would be willing to engage in wild speculation just to break the offseason boredom. :)

I would like to add a BOLD prediction -OU will NOT allow any KOR for TDs this year.Hopefully that prediction at least holds up through BYU. :D

SoonerE
9/4/2009, 12:42 PM
I would like to add a BOLD prediction -OU will NOT allow any KOR for TDs this year.Hopefully that prediction at least holds up through BYU. :D

God I hope you're right about that!! That was so frustrating!!

E

LawtonBoy74
9/4/2009, 12:49 PM
:mad: Very Irate

starclassic tama
9/4/2009, 04:44 PM
not a chance that bradford throws 12 picks in a season. his INT number will go down from 8, guaranteed.

stoopified
9/5/2009, 09:02 AM
not a chance that bradford throws 12 picks in a season. his INT number will go down from 8, guaranteed.I hope you are right.Sam has performed at such a high level that I can't help wondering if this year with a new o-line and new first time starters at WR and now TE,Sam slips a little performance-wise. My thinking is solored by the fact that Heupel and White both slipped statisticallyafter having brakout seasons in 1999,2003 respectively.Even in my caustious projection Bradford would have nearly a 4-1 TD to Int ratio.I AM trying to be as objective as a man with crimson lenses can be. :)

StoopTroup
9/5/2009, 09:07 AM
not a chance that bradford throws 12 picks in a season. his INT number will go down from 8, guaranteed.

Yep. Pretty bold statement though.

He's a great QB but hell one a game isn't that bad when your throwing for 4-5000 yards.

I hope your right as turnovers are teh debil.

If we saw 24 last year...I'd be worried about Sam's INT ratio.

If it's less that 12...that's definitely a plus.