PDA

View Full Version : Who among the current contributors makes an NFL roster?

MI Sooner
9/3/2009, 08:19 PM
Among guys that get significant reps this year, who will actually make a 53 man NFL roster?

During the Stoops era, I've been shocked at the lack of success OU alums have had in the NFL, with only a half dozen or so guys becoming surefire starters (Tommie, Roy, AD, Clayton, Lofton, Davin, Jammal Brown). I'm sure I've missed people.

Anyway, I'm not asking who is going to make the Pro Bowl, but who's making an NFL roster? I'm not talking about wild-*** guesses either, like Wort or Ronnell Lewis, but people that will actually play significant snaps this year.

Shoo-ins:

Bradford
Gresham
T. Williams
McCoy

Very Likely:
Travis Lewis
Dom Franks
Murray

Probable:
C. Brown
F. Alexander

Your thoughts? I see a few guys as tweeners, like K. Clayton, but maybe he'll be another Nic Harris. Some guys have injury histories, like Grange, Reynolds, and Murray, and a lot of guys have potential (the whole OL, WRs, etc.).

stoopified
9/3/2009, 08:33 PM
Beal,English,Simmons,B.Jackson,Broyles

IronHorseSooner
9/3/2009, 08:44 PM
Do not be shocked if Clapp or Eldridge make it. Adrian Taylor is another guy that could make it. He has NFL size and quickness.

ouleaf
9/3/2009, 08:45 PM
At this point I might bump up C. Brown and F. Alexander up to Very Likely on your list. I think C. Brown will make a better pro than Murray when it's all said and done.

Definitely put Beal on that list too, and Granger should be on there if he can come back from injury and get into shape.

Boomer38Sooner
9/3/2009, 09:08 PM
Eldridge will do very well in the NFL

primetime43
9/3/2009, 10:43 PM
Quinton carter has the potential to make it.

BoulderSooner79
9/3/2009, 10:45 PM
DM's success is strictly a function of his health. He has all the tools.

Brown is a prototypical NFL back - only question is receiving skills. From
the few times we've thrown to him, I think he will do fine.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/3/2009, 10:51 PM
Travis Lewis goes in the top category..he, barring injury, is a shoo in

gaylordfan1
9/3/2009, 10:58 PM
*I think T. Lewis and Murray will be back!
*I also think that if this injury to Gresh is bad enough he will be back for another year to prove himself and to incease his stock.
*And I will not count out Bradford until I hear him say "I ready to see what I'm able to do in the NFL!
*If Gresh hears Bradford say this and can receive his medical redshirt, I bet we could see him again!

... What a year that would be!

gaylordfan1
9/3/2009, 10:59 PM
But, that is a year ahead! I'm ready for this year to come!

stoops the eternal pimp
9/3/2009, 11:00 PM
Gresham cant do anything to improve his stock...

I still think there are a few things that Bradford can improve on, but he can do that and get a paycheck

Murray will be back....he has not shown the ability to stay healthy at all...he already has an injury prone tag by the NFLers