PDA

View Full Version : BEFORE YOU READ THIS JAMES HANNA INFO, i HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY.

adoniijahsooner
9/3/2009, 04:53 PM
Cut the fearmongering and panic attacks out immediately!!! Texas lost 3 Tight Ends and they are not whining and complaining about injuries and saying they are going to lose if they they don't have them by oct 17th. There is simply too much talent and depth on this team for us to say that we will lose to Miami or even Texas, because Gresham is out.

Lastly, it is incredibly insensitive to Gresh, for fans to bitch and moan about what an injury to him, does to the fans ability to enjoy the season. He passed upmillions to come back to OU to win a championship, so show a little respect and have some consideration for the sacrifice that Gresham made for his teammates and the University. Our lives are not ruined by this, but his may be altered severely.

With all that, hopefully you appreciate the info and enjoy some football games tonite. Have a nice day :les:
Measurables

6'4 243lbs not as big as Gresh, but still good size for a TE

Bench Press - 355lb
The Strongest of the Tight Ends and Fullbacks

40 YD Dash - 4.56
Tied With Gresham as the fastest of the TE and FB's

Vertical - 37.5
Tied with Brian Jackson for the 3rd highest on the team.

Kevin Wilson Quote concerning James Hanna

"James has a chance to complement Jermaine because Jermaine will get a little gassed in some of the games, as fast as (the offense) goes," said Kevin Wilson, the Sooners' offensive coordinator and tight ends coach. "Initially, I thought we might redshirt him, but he's probably receiver number five or six on our team as far as making plays.

In some of our spread, one-back sets you'll see tight ends out there, and that'll be James and Jermaine."

So he impressed the coaches enough to work his way onto the field, even before JG was injured; which should relax all of the tension we've accumulated since yesterday.

Videos

High School

http://www.cstv.com/allaccess/player/07-oas-mediaplayer-okla.html?content=mms://a1981.v8108e.c8108.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1981/8108/v0001/cstvcbs.download.akamai.com/8108/open/okla/07-08/video/m-footbl/02feb/20080206_james_hanna.wmv&school=okla&

The guy returned punts in high school, and looked good doing it.

Only practice Vids I could find of him

http://www.cstv.com/allaccess/player/07-oas-mediaplayer-okla.html?content=mms://a1981.v8108e.c8108.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1981/8108/v0001/cstvcbs.download.akamai.com/8108/open/okla/09-10/video/m-footbl/08aug/20090806_tes2.wmv&school=okla&

http://www.cstv.com/allaccess/player/07-oas-mediaplayer-okla.html?content=mms://a1981.v8108e.c8108.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1981/8108/v0001/cstvcbs.download.akamai.com/8108/open/okla/09-10/video/m-footbl/08aug/20090806_tes1.wmv&school=okla&

We will still be good at the position, and should not be freting and ****ting ourselves whenever someone is injured. Be cool fellows we will be ok.

Sooner04
9/3/2009, 04:55 PM
James Hanna. Isn't that the guy who's been shacking up with Whitney Hand for a while?

Oh, and we're ****ed without Gresham. Stone cold ****ed.

starclassic tama
hanna has a few TD catches under his belt already, or at least one that i remember...

Crucifax Autumn
Thank you!

CobraKai
9/3/2009, 04:56 PM
Nice

Hotrod3157
9/3/2009, 05:11 PM
Thats always good to see. He looks just like Gresham did playing in high school too fast to be that size.

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 05:13 PM
hanna has a few TD catches under his belt already, or at least one that i remember...

Really? I guess I just don't remember. Do you remember what teams it was against?

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 05:15 PM
texas still did not use their TE, like we did with Gresham

sorry with out Gresham, we are not as good as a team

(i didn't say we cant win every game tho)

starclassic tama
9/3/2009, 05:19 PM
Really? I guess I just don't remember. Do you remember what teams it was against?

hmm no i just remember it was a home game and he caught the ball in the back of the endzone. tennessee chattanooga or kansas? those were the only two games i went to last year.

edit: just looked it up and it was kolby smith, not hanna.

Crucifax Autumn
9/3/2009, 05:24 PM
Hanna WILL have a TD or 2 Saturday night.

starclassic tama
9/3/2009, 05:24 PM

without water, the world isn't as wet.

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 05:25 PM
clever

tigepilot
9/3/2009, 05:26 PM

Exactly.

1890MilesToNorman
9/3/2009, 05:27 PM
But can he catch the dang ball? :P

PDXsooner
9/3/2009, 05:41 PM
my god our fan base is getting soft...

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 05:45 PM
my god our fan base is getting soft...

Calling a few people on a message board our "fan base" is......

:rolleyes:

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 05:46 PM
sorry but some people really act like we are better off without him... that's kind weird

TexasLidig8r
9/3/2009, 05:47 PM
Didn't Wilson also say he was the best tight end he's ever coached?

Oh.. and... what does an offensive line coach know about who is the 5th or 6th best receiver on the team? Shouldn't that come from the Receiver's Coach?

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 05:47 PM
not now lid

lol

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 05:50 PM

Oh.. and... what does an offensive line coach know about who is the 5th or 6th best receiver on the team? Shouldn't that come from the Receiver's Coach?

Wilson is the not offensive line coach..

soonerloyal
9/3/2009, 05:52 PM

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/Posting%20Photos/Stuart1.jpg

sooner518
9/3/2009, 05:52 PM

how about the offensive coordinator/tight ends coach? I would hope he would have a good idea about who his best receivers are.....

adoniijahsooner
9/3/2009, 05:59 PM
sorry but some people really act like we are better off without him... that's kind weird

Not one person has said that we are better off without him; but we are not doomed without him. We lost Adrian Peterson to a collarbone injury and didnt lose a game without him. What's funny is Wilson went smashmouth better when AD was injured.

Oh and the defense is good as well.

adoniijahsooner
9/3/2009, 06:01 PM
Jlew take it easy brother, relax, have a few drinks and enjoy the assault and battery that will take place on Sat.

My Opinion Matters
9/3/2009, 06:21 PM
He's tall and wears a Crimson jersey, so yes, obviously he is exactly like Jermaine Gresham.

Crucifax Autumn
9/3/2009, 06:23 PM
Negativity much?

My Opinion Matters
9/3/2009, 06:28 PM

Fail. Hanna has one career reception, for -1 yards.

SoonersBIG7
9/3/2009, 06:29 PM
This is all good stuff, but what about Rateree(sp) he's the starter I think?

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 06:29 PM
Fail. Hanna has one career reception, for -1 yards.

He already corrected himself.

My Opinion Matters
9/3/2009, 06:32 PM
This is all good stuff, but what about Rateree(sp) he's the starter I think?

Seems like he has a mullet from what I can remember.

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 06:34 PM
Erik Mensik (http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mensik_eric00.html)

Trent Ratterree (http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ratterree_trent00.html)

Mensik has comparable size to Gresham.

Crucifax Autumn
9/3/2009, 06:35 PM
Seems like he has a mullet from what I can remember.

Does that affect his playing somehow?

Boarder
9/3/2009, 06:37 PM
Hanna played a lot last year but it was almost always in the second half of a blowout and almost exclusively with running plays. They rarely threw the ball to him so there was not much chance of a reception. I know some of his family and was watching for it. So it's hard to base ability off last year.

My Opinion Matters
9/3/2009, 07:35 PM
Does that affect his playing somehow?

Jermaine Gresham is the best TE in the country. Jermaine Gresham does not have a mullet.

Coincidence?

Stooper
9/3/2009, 08:06 PM
I think Gresham will be back by the Miami game. I have nothing to back that up, but we do have a bye week before that game. We should not need him until then anyway. I think a star will be born Sat. in Hanna. We always have a player step up in these situations. Boomer Sooner Friends!!

htownsooner7
9/3/2009, 08:12 PM
Gresham is THE best TE in the country and presents one of the biggest matchup problems in the country. Yes, this hurts. We'll see how much. If the point of this thread is to acknowledge that losses are subject to a "degree", then I most certainly agree. Losing AD hurt, but not to the degree where it affected outcomes of games. It may be the same here.

IslandSooner
9/3/2009, 08:25 PM
It truly sucks but we will be just fine, hell we are the F***KING OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!!!!!!!!!!! BOOOOOMMMMEEERRRRR!!!!!!!

IronHorseSooner
9/3/2009, 08:32 PM
The most recent comparison to this would be the Murray/Madu situation last year. The Mizzou team last year was better than this BYU team. Murray, a game changer, and a very difficult match up in his own right, was replaced, and Madu had 3 TDs. Hanna could very well do the same thing. Even though he is a WR, another guy I would love to see have a great game is Dejuan Miller. He's about 6'5" and 225 with about a 4.5 40. He's not a TE, but he poses another HUGE matchup problem. Again, I think Jermaine is back by Miami, and definitely before UTerus.

josh09
9/3/2009, 08:33 PM
Gresham>All 3 tejas TE's combined

IslandSooner
9/3/2009, 08:41 PM
Anyway "Mullets" are bad*ss

powder781
9/3/2009, 09:11 PM
I think what everyone is forgetting is this is not our Quarterback. We should be fine without Gresham. Yes we are not as good, but who is as good when a starter goes out. This is division 1 football people. People get hurt. The good news is he will probably be back this year.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/3/2009, 09:33 PM
A mullet tells me party in the back

DallasSooner87
9/3/2009, 09:58 PM
To quote someones sig "We're OU dammit!" While JG going down is a big loss you gotta have faith.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/3/2009, 10:42 PM
Cut the fearmongering and panic attacks out immediately!!! Texas lost 3 Tight Ends and they are not whining and complaining about injuries and saying they are going to lose if they they don't have them by oct 17th.

Cute post.

Texas lost 3 "nobody" tight ends.

We lost the best TE in the country.

Do the math, bright boy.

Let me rephrase:

How did not having DeMarco for the National Championship game treat ya?

Some of you dorks need to buy a clue. (No offense, adoniijah...) The difference between "blue blood" programs like OU and others are that the "others" don't have as many DeMarco's, Jermaine's, Broyle's, Bradford's, etc., as the "blue bloods".

But when one of the "blue bloods" loses one of those upper-crust players, it automatically levels the playing field. You're deluded to think otherwise.

By way of comparison, not that BYU is '86 Nebraska, but imagine that '86 game against NU without Keith Jackson.

Ya get the picture?

gaylordfan1
9/3/2009, 10:47 PM
Haven't read the entire thread... But isn't RT starting TE? We will hurt, but will not be 100% compremised by Gresham being out for 3 games!

Crucifax Autumn
9/3/2009, 10:48 PM
Well, in 86 Jackson was the only true receiving threat we had so I'd have to say the comparison is unfair.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/3/2009, 10:49 PM
And...Oh yeah...

Teams have to "game plan" around Gresham.

Nobody has to "game plan" around Hanna... until proven otherwise.

gaylordfan1
9/3/2009, 10:51 PM
Does anyone agree with me... This year will not be about high scoring high stats as the year before... It will be about winning EVERY game!

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/3/2009, 10:57 PM
That is awesome, you would think our coaching staff would try to win every game every year. I am glad they are trying that this year!!!

adoniijahsooner
9/3/2009, 11:08 PM
Cute post.

Texas lost 3 "nobody" tight ends.

We lost the best TE in the country.

Do the math, bright boy.

Let me rephrase:

How did not having DeMarco for the National Championship game treat ya?

Some of you dorks need to buy a clue. (No offense, adoniijah...) The difference between "blue blood" programs like OU and others are that the "others" don't have as many DeMarco's, Jermaine's, Broyle's, Bradford's, etc., as the "blue bloods".

But when one of the "blue bloods" loses one of those upper-crust players, it automatically levels the playing field. You're deluded to think otherwise.

By way of comparison, not that BYU is '86 Nebraska, but imagine that '86 game against NU without Keith Jackson.

Ya get the picture?

Football is still a team sport, comprised of guys who make up a team. Your free to have your opinion, but the reason Brody was moved to center, was due to the fact that Wilson felt good about all of the TE's, not just Jermaine.

This was written before the injury, read carefully and tell me what "group" means. So you believe that KW, the same coach who adjusted when AD was injured and Bomar was kicked off the team in the same year, and led us to a BCS bowl, will suddenly forget to make adjustments due to JG being injured? He won't find a way to use Murray, Brown, Clapp, Madu, Broyles and let me not forget SAM mf'n BRADFORD?!?! So now we have been reduced to OSU, who rely on 3 people for success, or Missouri, or Kansas, we are now on their level because we lost Jermiane? Incredible!!! Thank you for enlightening me you football savant. Thank you very much.

I'll see you guys tomorrow, I have to go to work...

Versatile bunch
Group’s depth could give them a bigger role in Sooner offense this season

By John Shinn
The Norman Transcript

Oklahoma offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson always has options when he looks at his play sheet. Sure there’s the option to run the ball or throw, but that’s the easy part.

The hard part is figuring who to have on the field and even tougher is deciding how many tight ends and fullbacks to have out there.

“I think it might be the most talented group we have,” Wilson said.

The individual talent is vast, but it’s the group versatility that gives OU’s offense an added dimension.

Wilson said Monday that Trent Ratterree would be used more this season. Ratterree doesn’t have all the physical gifts of Gresham, but he can block and he can catch the ball. James Hanna will also get on the field.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/3/2009, 11:11 PM
Well, in 86 Jackson was the only true receiving threat we had so I'd have to say the comparison is unfair.

Samuel L. Jackson: "Well allow me to retort!"....

Who is our safety valve?

Who are our other proven receivers that can handle that "middle traffic" end zone pass.?

Who else on the team creates such a distinct size and speed mis-match?

And BTW, Derrick Shepard and Artie Guess... not to mention Anthony Stafford and Patrick Collins who could play out of the slot when called upon... think little of your definition of receiving threat. ;)

Crucifax Autumn
9/3/2009, 11:14 PM
So what you are saying is that in that game, if not for Jackson, we had other guys on the team that may have stepped it up? Sounds good to me.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/3/2009, 11:20 PM
Football is still a team sport, comprised of guys who make up a team. Your free to have your opinion, but the reason Brody was moved to center, was due to the fact that Wilson felt good about all of the TE's, not just Jermaine.

This was written before the injury, read carefully and tell me what "group" means. So you believe that KW, the same coach who adjusted when AD was injured and Bomar was kicked off the team in the same year, and led us to a BCS bowl, will suddenly forget to make adjustments due to JG being injured? He won't find a way to use Murray, Brown, Clapp, Madu, Broyles and let me not forget SAM mf'n BRADFORD?!?! So now we have been reduced to OSU, who rely on 3 people for success, or Missouri, or Kansas, we are now on their level because we lost Jermiane? Incredible!!! Thank you for enlightening me you football savant. Thank you very much.

I'll see you guys tomorrow, I have to go to work...

I did actually mean to insert some "winkies" and such. Just so you know I was actively playing the roll of smarty-pants.

You have a point about Wilson, which we could apply to the whole staff. This staff last year did as magnificent a job as could be expected. No one planned for Ryan Reynolds to be lost in the Texas game, and it cost us. But the adjustments... and coaching it took to make those adjustments.... afterwards were nothing short of stellar. It got cobbled together and, low and behold, put us in a national championship game.

Having said that....

You are going glass half full. Me... not so much. Brody was moved because of lingering injuries, not depth at his previously assigned position. I suspect this is another "un-planned" loss.

And the comparison doesn't end there because of this: Jermaine is twice the TE that Ryan is the LB... and Ryan is a damn fine LB.

So again... we's gots a problem.

Understand... I'm not saying we are not otherwise talented enough to win the freakin' game. But I suspect there will be a squirm factor come Saturday night.

We'll see.

Crucifax Autumn
9/3/2009, 11:22 PM
I'm just of the opinion we could play nothing but the second team and win this one! lol

soonerboy_odanorth
9/3/2009, 11:24 PM
So what you are saying is that in that game, if not for Jackson, we had other guys on the team that may have stepped it up? Sounds good to me.

I would not have ruled out Derrick Shepard. Would you? He was pretty danged good.

Soonerus
9/3/2009, 11:24 PM
I'm just of the opinion we could play nothing but the second team and win this one! lol

agreed !!!

Curly Bill
9/3/2009, 11:26 PM

I'm gonna say that's going a bit far.

Crucifax Autumn
9/3/2009, 11:26 PM
I would not have ruled out Derrick Shepard. Would you? He was pretty danged good.

Exactly. I said the crap about Jackson to get you to admit that on a TEAM other guys can come through when someone goes down. This has been historically true with the Sooners.

Crucifax Autumn
9/3/2009, 11:27 PM
I'm gonna say that's going a bit far.

Of course it is, but when talking shat, why stop at the reasonable? :P

soonerboy_odanorth
9/3/2009, 11:27 PM

*cough*cough*....

Ya mind passin' me that big crimson fattie you just rolled?...

*ahough*ahough*ahough*"I love you Sweet Leaf!*.... :D

Curly Bill
9/3/2009, 11:28 PM
Of course it is, but when talking shat, why stop at the reasonable? :P

Because I'm nothing if not reasonable. :P

Crucifax Autumn
9/3/2009, 11:29 PM
*cough*cough*....

Ya mind passin' me that big crimson fattie you just rolled?...

*ahough*ahough*ahough*"I love you Sweet Leaf!*.... :D

Heh...

I was mostly joking of course! We'll see how true that shat talk is in the second quarter when we're up 42-0 and we actually do insert the second team! :D

soonerboy_odanorth
9/3/2009, 11:31 PM
Exactly. I said the crap about Jackson to get you to admit that on a TEAM other guys can come through when someone goes down. This has been historically true with the Sooners.

Gotcha! :D

Fair point... and well played, sir!

Freakin' Pooh, Caleb, Broyles, et al. better have their games on.

Though I'm sure, this kind of news has set an edge for them as well. You and adoniijah are right... We'll be ready.

I just would rather them not have to be "as ready". Heh.

Crucifax Autumn
9/3/2009, 11:33 PM
I think we ALL agree on that part!

soonerboy_odanorth
9/3/2009, 11:37 PM
Is it time for a "we're gonna lose by a hunnert" post? :D

Crucifax Autumn
9/3/2009, 11:37 PM
I'm sure someone will be on that soon enough.

kustang619
9/4/2009, 09:14 AM
James Hanna. Isn't that the guy who's been shacking up with Whitney Hand for a while?

Oh, and we're ****ed without Gresham. Stone cold ****ed.

Whitney Hand is Hot ;)

Hotrod3157
9/4/2009, 10:10 AM
Whitney Hand is Hot ;)

Yes she is.