PDA

View Full Version : Announcement for iPhone users

stoops the eternal pimp
9/3/2009, 04:25 PM
MMS (http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=1574)

An Update on iPhone MMS for our Mobility Customers
We know many of our iPhone customers are eager for an update on our rollout schedule for Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS). We’ve been working for the past several months to prepare our systems and network to ensure the best possible experience with MMS when it launches – and that launch date is: September 25 for iPhone 3G and 3GS customers. MMS will be enabled through a software update on that day.

We know that iPhone users will embrace MMS. The unique capabilities and high usage of the iPhone’s multimedia capabilities required us to work on our network MMS architecture to carry the expected record volumes of MMS traffic and ensure an excellent experience from Day One. We appreciate your patience as we work toward that end.

We’re riding the leading edge of smartphone growth that’s resulted in an explosion of traffic over the AT&T network. Wireless use on our network has grown an average of 350 percent year-over-year for the past two years, and is projected to continue at a rapid pace in 2009 and beyond. The volume of smartphone data traffic the AT&T network is handling is unmatched in the wireless industry. We want you to know that we’re working relentlessly to innovate and invest in our network to anticipate this growth in usage and to stay ahead of the anticipated growth in data demand, new devices and applications for years to come.

We thank you for your business and look forward to keeping you updated on our initiatives.

SicEmBaylor
9/3/2009, 04:28 PM
You know, I was sort of annoyed when I got my iPhone that it didn't have MMS but in all honestly I've only needed it twice.

However, it will be nice to not have to log onto that ATT MMS site to view received messages.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/3/2009, 04:36 PM
I will tell you the only reason it annoyed me was because I felt that a 200 dollar phone should be capable of doing what the phones they give away can do

LilSooner
9/3/2009, 04:44 PM
You know what I am pissed that my damn phone doesn't work half the time. It takes an hour to get a stupid voice mail. It takes forever to search for someone's name and it's a bitch to send email on.

Now I'm kindof happy that my company is forcing me to get a blackberry.

Petro-Sooner
9/3/2009, 04:49 PM
I'm going to come off stupid here but what does MMS do exactly?

Lott's Bandana
9/3/2009, 04:52 PM
You know what I am pissed that my damn phone doesn't work half the time. It takes an hour to get a stupid voice mail. It takes forever to search for someone's name and it's a bitch to send email on.

I'd be pissed too, and am glad I haven't had the same experience.

49r
9/3/2009, 04:53 PM
My OG first gen iPhone still won't do MMS. Oh well, no loss.

Frozen Sooner
9/3/2009, 05:36 PM
Lott, when I got to Alabama my iPhone started acting up like Lil's. When they switched 3G on, though, it improved markedly.

LilSooner
9/3/2009, 05:42 PM
See then what the hell is wrong with my it's a second generation and I'm in freaking Norman. No excuse ATT.

Frozen Sooner
9/3/2009, 05:43 PM
Does Norman have 3G service? Tuscaloosa's bigger than Norman but didn't get 3G until last Sunday.

Then again, Norman's much closer to OKC than Tuscaloosa is Birmingham.

Petro-Sooner
9/3/2009, 05:48 PM
Norman does.

Turd_Ferguson
9/3/2009, 05:50 PM
OKC, Moore and Norman have 3G. Your welcome.

SicEmBaylor
9/3/2009, 05:55 PM
Muskogee got 3G service a month or two ago. Woke up one day this summer and *poof* I had 3G all of a sudden. :D

soonerboomer93
9/4/2009, 11:54 AM

Have you tried hard resetting the phone?

Try doing e-mail with the phone in landscape. I do that so I get slightly bigger keys, however if I did e-mail all the time, I'd get a physical keyboard.

yermom
9/4/2009, 12:02 PM
i've never had MMS, it's only a problem when people send me MMS messages

soonerboomer93
9/4/2009, 12:50 PM
my mms usage varies, I don't send them, but i'll get a bunch in spurts

StoopTroup
9/4/2009, 01:53 PM
I've got a Samsung Blackjack II and was pretty happy with how it worked but I also like some of the stuff the iPhone is able to do. They seemed light years ahead of everyone else.

One of my co-workers is in School and taking some Microsoft classes that offer him to stay informed on what they are doing. He's able to do stuff to keep his iPhone from having many of these issues it seems.

The regular person doesn't seem to have the knowledge or time to devote to these fixes and Aps IMO.

It would seem many of you feel the same way?

It's why I haven't gotten one.

yermom
9/4/2009, 02:23 PM
my only real complaint is the stranglehold AT&T has on them... (mostly because i'm getting closer to switching to AT&T)

i use mine ALL the time and haven't seen an interface that comes close, although the new T-Mobile MyTouch seems pretty cool. it's lots better than the G1

mine's only hacked right now in that it works on T-Mobile, i'm using the stock 3.0 firmware from Apple. you don't really have to do anything to the phone unless you have specific things you want to do

i'm leaving out the Pre because i've always hated Palm AND Sprint ;)

soonerboomer93
9/4/2009, 02:48 PM
I liked the pre except

I did't want to change providers (and yes, I know sprint would have been less expensive to have)
the phone contacts you have to open the keyboard to search, and the usb port was on the side

StoopTroup
9/4/2009, 03:25 PM
The AT&T issue does seem to be the biggest complaint I've heard. They charge you out the *** for using the iPhone I understand.

soonerboomer93
9/4/2009, 08:12 PM
not really

it wasn't any more expensive for me when i switched phones

Petro-Sooner
9/7/2009, 11:25 PM
I'm going to come off stupid here but what does MMS do exactly?

How about this question............

49r
9/9/2009, 01:50 PM
Apple announces iPhone OS 3.1 update: http://www.apple.com/iphone/softwareupdate/

Frozen Sooner
9/9/2009, 03:33 PM
How about this question............

Allows you to send pictures & videos through the text messaging system.

soonerboomer93
9/25/2009, 12:25 PM
the carrier file is now available fyi

just sync the phone and have it check for updates

(i followed that with reboot because for some reason i had 3 dropped calls in a row this morning, all came from the same person though)