PDA

View Full Version : Florida Helping BYU

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 01:58 PM
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=272&sid=7785503

Bronco has become "relatively close friends" with Florida and former Utah coach Urban Meyer (national championship win over OU last season), who has also been "very helpful" in giving the BYU coach ideas of what he'll be facing on Saturday.

Hot Rod
9/3/2009, 02:00 PM
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=272&sid=7785503

Meyer to Bronco - "Yeah, we don't know about Demarco, but he looks like a stud."

Jello Biafra
9/3/2009, 02:03 PM
roflmao....

meyer to bronco "we have a lot faster guys than you guys as well as stronger players who could actually start at other schools. umm run that way REAL fast and then hit someone "

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 02:05 PM
wow lol . Bronco is a joke

Blitzkrieg
9/3/2009, 02:06 PM
Urban to Bronco:

"Hopefully you will have ACC refs that don't call pass interference on the opening drive and hits to helmets after the whistle on your star LB."

LawtonBoy74
9/3/2009, 02:20 PM
Bronco you tool!!

OUMallen
9/3/2009, 02:26 PM
Unless he can give him Percy Harvin, I'm not too worried.

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 02:28 PM
Unless he can give him Percy Harvin, I'm not too worried.
Yeah we moved the ball really well, so no worries here either

Crucifax Autumn
9/3/2009, 02:32 PM
Like this will do BYU any good. Thjey seriously don't have the athletes to pull out a win no matter the advice and gameplan.

soonerborn30
9/3/2009, 02:40 PM
Bronco to Urban:

Wait, my guys need to be HOW fast? Oh great. Nevermind. Where's Chris Pederson?

LawtonBoy74
9/3/2009, 02:41 PM
I would be more concerned if he spoke to Trev Alberts about how to gameplan against us ;)

Collier11
9/3/2009, 02:45 PM
who cares, coaches do this every single week

MiccoMacey
9/3/2009, 02:45 PM
Ummm..we spoke to Mike Stoops...his Arizona Wildcats beat BYU in their bowl game last year.

It might be different if Urban sought out Bronco and was trying to get someone to upset OU.

But there's enough connection there to think it's a legit friendship, and no big deal.

Lott's Bandana
9/3/2009, 02:46 PM
-BYU's national championship of 1984 "put wheels in motion to add an exclusionary element" to college football's national title picture. He says the current BYU program is out to "undo what we started."

However, this is truth...and needed to happen. BYU's Holiday Bowl MNC over a putrid Meatchicken was a joke.

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 02:46 PM
who cares, coaches do this every single week

I do.

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 02:47 PM
That's right folks. BYU has consistently been in the top 25 for the last few seasons without speed or great athletes. Furthermore, BYU went more than 30 years without a losing record without great athletes. BYU also recently had a Doak Walker Award winner, but man was he slow. Furthermore, BYU also managed to absolutely obliterate the Oregon team you unjustly lost to a couple of years ago, and BYU did it without great athletes. Last year, a subpar BYU team gave a bad UCLA team their worst lost since the 1920s, but BYU did that without athletes too.

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 02:48 PM
b/c yall play crappy teams... yall are just one of the better crappy teams

85sooners
9/3/2009, 02:49 PM
**** byu and all their fans!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fraggle145
9/3/2009, 02:49 PM
That's right folks. BYU has consistently been in the top 25 for the last few seasons without speed or great athletes. Furthermore, BYU went more than 30 years without a losing record without great athletes. BYU also recently had a Doak Walker Award winner, but man was he slow. Furthermore, BYU also managed to absolutely obliterate the Oregon team you unjustly lost to a couple of years ago, and BYU did it without great athletes. Last year, a subpar BYU team gave a bad UCLA team their worst lost since the 1920s, but BYU did that without athletes too.

Cheaters?

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 02:50 PM
**** byu and all their fans!!!!!!!!!!!!

Show some respect!

;)

85sooners
9/3/2009, 02:51 PM
:D

OK2U
9/3/2009, 02:51 PM
Like this will do BYU any good. Thjey seriously don't have the athletes to pull out a win no matter the advice and gameplan.

neither did BSU

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 02:53 PM
b/c yall play crappy teams... yall are just one of the better crappy teams

Back when A&M was a great team, they came to our house, and we sent them packing. Same for a #1 ranked Miami. Same for Notre Dame. Same for many BCSers. I'm ready to concede the game on Saturday, but please come to our house and play sometime.

NorCaligator
9/3/2009, 02:55 PM
I don't think it would help even if Corch Meyer gave BYU your playbook. Now, if he imposed on Tebow to intervene with a higher power . . . then all bets are off!

LawtonBoy74
?)

CK Sooner
Back when A&M was a great team, they came to our house, and we sent them packing. Same for a #1 ranked Miami. Same for Notre Dame. Same for many BCSers. I'm ready to concede the game on Saturday, but please come to our house and play sometime.

Stop living in the past.

SoonerCoug
neither did BSU

That's correct. BSU's athletes were subpar.

Yes, BYU's athletes are horrible as well. For example, BYU had the top receiver in the NCAA last year, but he was so slow that he barely won a starting job with the Colts this year. He's being replaced this year by a receiver whose best scholarship offer was to measly Florida--clearly a school that doesn't go after athletes either.

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 02:56 PM
Stop living in the past.

The notion that BYU doesn't have great athletes is ridiculous. BYU has fantastic athletes. What BYU lacks is depth.

Dan Thompson
9/3/2009, 02:56 PM
Urban told Bronco - "I'm sorry you have to play them."

My Opinion Matters
9/3/2009, 02:59 PM
I like you, SoonerCoug. Can we keep you?

Collier11
9/3/2009, 03:02 PM
I do.

Get over it then CK, its not news worthy and not a big deal

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 03:03 PM
Get over it then CK, its not news worthy and not a big deal

It obviously got a few posts and it gives us something to talk about. If you don't like it then just don't view it, or post in it.

:confused:

Collier11
9/3/2009, 03:05 PM
Thats the point of a message board, if something you post I happen to like I can comment on it or join the discussion, if you post something that you are trying to make out to be a big deal when it is not a big deal and every single coach does this throughout the season, I can tell you that too!

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 03:06 PM
Thats the point of a message board, if something you post I happen to like I can comment on it or join the discussion, if you post something that you are trying to make out to be a big deal when it is not a big deal and every single coach does this throughout the season, I can tell you that too!

Thanks for the opinion.

TahoeSOONER
9/3/2009, 03:07 PM
Urban: Get turnovers and stop them in the Redzone while converting 3rd and long at an abnoral rate.

Bronco: Okay

soonerborn30
9/3/2009, 03:11 PM
That's correct. BSU's athletes were subpar.

Yes, BYU's athletes are horrible as well. For example, BYU had the top receiver in the NCAA last year, but he was so slow that he barely won a starting job with the Colts this year. He's being replaced this year by a receiver whose best scholarship offer was to measly Florida--clearly a school that doesn't go after athletes either.

Um...Michael Crabtree played for BYU?

Jello Biafra
9/3/2009, 03:23 PM
The notion that BYU doesn't have great athletes is ridiculous. BYU has fantastic athletes. What BYU lacks is depth.

ok. well, once we get to the 3 rd rotation of our dends, we'll call a time out and let you guys take a water break then.

neh, not really....

ok so lets talk about these opponents....ucla....really? i attended the game in which we played them. the ONLY reason they scored at all on us was because we had EVERYone with the exception of the female cheerleaders playing AND we broke an NCAA record with punt return yardage and tds that game. THAT, my good sir, is a baaaad team no matter how you slice it....A&M? really? they havent beaten us in.....hell i dont even know how long. but we did hang a 77-0 *** whipping on them some time back then.

i just looked it up. so you guys are hanging your hat on a 4 point win over a 6-6 team? ok. hide and watch.

Scott D
9/3/2009, 03:45 PM
Big deal if Mendenhall is talking to Urban Meyer.

Mike Stoops said that he and Bob talk 2-3 times a week, so it's not like Bob hasn't gotten any info on pressuring Max Hall from someone who beat BYU in their last game.

Crucifax Autumn
9/3/2009, 03:52 PM

And just how many starters are already out? Lack of depth is going to be a pretty big problem I think. Particularly on defense if OUr no huddle is moving fast.

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 03:55 PM
And just how many starters are already out? Lack of depth is going to be a pretty big problem I think. Particularly on defense if OUr no huddle is moving fast.

BYU's defense is pretty deep (especially the D-line). We could easily go 4-deep at nose tackle. We just have zero depth on the O-line due to injuries.

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 03:58 PM
Big deal if Mendenhall is talking to Urban Meyer.

Mike Stoops said that he and Bob talk 2-3 times a week, so it's not like Bob hasn't gotten any info on pressuring Max Hall from someone who beat BYU in their last game.
^^This

Jello Biafra
9/3/2009, 03:59 PM
BYU's defense is pretty deep (especially the D-line). We could easily go 4-deep at nose tackle. We just have zero depth on the O-line due to injuries.

hmmm... oddly enough, dline is exactly where we are expected to be the best in the ncaa this year. how ironic that WE say we will be whipping the dawg out of you guys... 3 and out all game = no score for joo.

starclassic tama
9/3/2009, 04:35 PM
BYU definitely has the athletes to beat us if we come out lethargic and unprepared, but i have a sneaking suspicion that isn't going to happen.

Jello Biafra
9/3/2009, 04:37 PM
BYU definitely has the athletes to beat us if we come out lethargic and unprepared, but i have a sneaking suspicion that isn't going to happen.

losing a close, hard fought MNC = bad news for the fighting smiths.

starclassic tama
9/3/2009, 04:39 PM
i definitely agree. and i'm not one to put much stock in the bowl game has a lot of affect on the team's next season. but after hearing how florida talked, with our NFL studs coming back and keeping their mouth shut in the media this whole offseason, i definitely agree with that. this sooner team feels they have a lot to prove, BAD NEWS for the cougs.

starclassic tama
9/3/2009, 04:40 PM
can we play this motherfer already? kick off is in a little over an hour... wait, two more days. SHYTE

pilobolus
9/3/2009, 07:21 PM
BYU may not have the best pure athletes, but they are fully mature men in their mid to late 20s.

Collier11
9/3/2009, 07:30 PM
WTF?!

delhalew
9/3/2009, 07:40 PM
Meyer to bronco...you poor poor sob.

fadada1
9/3/2009, 07:44 PM
BYU may not have the best pure athletes, but they are fully mature men in their mid to late 20s.

there's always that. whatever the hell that is.

SoonerAficionadOU
9/3/2009, 07:50 PM

Sorry to pick on your first post, but...what??? :confused:

starclassic tama
9/3/2009, 07:58 PM
because a lot of the BYU roster (don't know this for sure don't care either but this is what he was saying) went on 2 year mission trips before they started their football careers at BYU.

BigBoomerInBigD
9/3/2009, 08:03 PM
Meyer to Broncho: You're gonna have to score more points in order to win the game.

Broncho to Meyer: Got it, thanks.

Clever Trevor
9/3/2009, 08:29 PM
I would be more concerned if he spoke to Trev Alberts about how to gameplan against us ;)

Damn Skippy!!

stoopified
9/3/2009, 08:40 PM
Unless Tebag and his offensive line transfer it won't help at all.I recall Callahan getting pointers from WV on how to use the Husker spraed against OUr D.Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it made ANY difference.

soonerloyal
9/3/2009, 08:44 PM

Has your mama not called you in for the night yet? :confused:

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 10:15 PM
Has your mama not called you in for the night yet? :confused:

I'm busy watching Boise State and their inferior non-BCS athletes walk all over BCS powerhouse Oregon. If I'm not mistaken, Oregon has been able to run a grand total of 10 offensive plays with 6:30 left in the half.

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 10:15 PM
I'm busy watching Boise State and their inferior non-BCS athletes walk all over BCS powerhouse Oregon.

Oregon is not a BCS powerhouse.

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 10:17 PM
Oregon is not a BCS powerhouse.

Didn't they beat you a couple of years ago?

Crucifax Autumn
9/3/2009, 10:20 PM

Actually, no...They didn't.

soonerborn30
9/3/2009, 10:21 PM
No, they did not. They were the lucky recipients of the worst officiating in Pac 10 history. But then again, you already knew that, didn't you, sweetheart?

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 10:21 PM

Yes, but again that was a couple of years ago and even then they were not really considered a powerhouse school. You don't have much room to talk about losses when your a BYU fan, bud.

kbsooner
9/3/2009, 10:50 PM
Urban to Bronco: redneck

Bronco to Urban: city slicker

rainiersooner
9/3/2009, 10:55 PM

And last year, you almost lost to a team that went 0-12 for the season.

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 10:56 PM
And last year, you almost lost to a team that went 0-12 for the season.

Did you actually watch that game? BYU dominated the game. It should not have been close.

I'd also like to point out that BYU absolutely obliterated the Oregon team that you lost to two years ago.

Crucifax Autumn
9/3/2009, 10:57 PM
Did you miss the part where we DID NOT LOSE???

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 11:01 PM
Did you miss the part where we DID NOT LOSE???

You did lose. We were also robbed by PAC-10 refs when we played Arizona three years ago, but we don't claim it as a victory.

soonerborn30
9/3/2009, 11:42 PM
Did you actually watch that game? BYU dominated the game. It should not have been close.

I'd also like to point out that BYU absolutely obliterated the Oregon team that you lost to two years ago.

Yeah, well you lost to a 6-6 Arizona team that year. Who lost to Washington. Who lost to Oklahoma. See how silly this can get?

Plus you beat Oregon in Las Vegas, not Eugene.

WA. Sooner
9/4/2009, 05:40 AM
BYU caught a break against UW last year. That was a ticky tack flag against Lockler

OU4LIFE
9/4/2009, 07:54 AM

*snort*

kustang619
9/4/2009, 08:59 AM
I'm busy watching Boise State and their inferior non-BCS athletes walk all over BCS powerhouse Oregon. If I'm not mistaken, Oregon has been able to run a grand total of 10 offensive plays with 6:30 left in the half.

Not sure that I would call Oregon a BCS powerhouse... just saying...

StoopTroup
9/4/2009, 09:06 AM
I wouldn't be worried about BYU even if Sam sat on the bench the entire game.

SoonerPr8r
9/4/2009, 10:56 AM

did they field the same team that they had then? NCAA should look into the eligibility of some of those guys:rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
9/4/2009, 11:29 AM
I wouldn't be worried about BYU even if Sam sat on the bench the entire game.

That's what I'm saying! He'll sit out the last 2 1/2 quarters though after going by 42-0. :D