9/3/2009, 11:25 AM
I dont think Mel watches football anymore

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 11:25 AM
Todd picked Texas over Florida

Okie35
9/3/2009, 11:29 AM
Todd picked Texas over Florida

I love when ppl pick what they think are "trendy". If they wanted to be real analysts they would pick out of the box. Maybe people would actually listen to their input. I don't mean like wayyyyy out of the box like Lou Holtz picking ND hahaha but still. I like Mel's picks not just because he picked OU but mainly because you can tell he actually thought it out.

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 11:30 AM
lol, ole Lou

OUDoc
9/3/2009, 11:30 AM
I dont think Mel watches football anymore
Sure he does. He's impressed with that young coach Switzer.

Lott's Bandana
9/3/2009, 11:32 AM
Oklahoma over Penn State, in the national title game

that is all

predictions are officially over

Did he say it all in one breath with 10 million words and a lot of "quite frankly"?

stoops the eternal pimp
9/3/2009, 11:38 AM
Mel actually used to do his homework concerning the NFL draft and college football. But he pretty much is down to just communicating with 2 scouts and getting 90 percent of his information from them...

McShay just cracks me up..he works harder at getting his info than Kiper, but he goes strictly by what he reads off other people's boards...he had bradford the top qb, then stafford, then bradford, strictly based off of what one board was saying...he backed way off of bradford way before he announced he was staying because a majority of draft boards had done the same..They watch very little if any film themselves.

watching mcshay and kiper back peddle all the time is hilarious, but I would take McShay over Kiper any day

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 11:42 AM
Well last year Mel did state, before the season started, that he has never seen a machine like the Oklahoma offense in all of college football history. He was right on with that, since we crushed records.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/3/2009, 11:48 AM
Which again, we had Bradford, a record setting freshman quarterback, DM and CB, an experienced WR corp, and a highly touted oline returning...I think about everybody was saying that..

badger
9/3/2009, 11:55 AM
Mel projected 200 players to be drafted in the first round of the NFL Draft. Mel could not believe that nearly 170 of these players were not drafted until later rounds and declared each and every one of them a "steal."

God Bless Mel's strange predictions :D

stoops the eternal pimp
9/3/2009, 11:57 AM
Mel, and the NFL Network are probably the reason I couldn't get a combine pass last year

badger
9/3/2009, 11:59 AM
(also, I was joking about the Mel thing, btw, but it wouldn't surprise me if he actually did this... let's make another Mel joke!)

Mel projected a so-so college defensive lineman to be drafted in the eighth round. Mel is still waiting in New York for the eighth round.

LawtonBoy74
9/3/2009, 12:00 PM
Lol, Mel is off quite a bit...but I can understand where he got his prediction from..We have a strong team but a tough schedule, Penn State has a strong team not as strong of a schedule..Florida will prolly lose this yr since they are in the SEC and if we beat TX we should be undefeated