PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning Sooner Fans!

oupride
9/3/2009, 09:33 AM
As we begin the NCAA Football Tournament today, there are two things on my mind.

First, special teams. Is there any concern about this unit? Does anyone know is anything has been said about it by the coaches, staff, media, etc at this point? In 2 high profile games last season, texas and okie st, there were tds allowed on kick off returns by these opponents. Both instances seemed to have kept the momentum going for the other team. The point is Brent and Herbie were pontificating the okie lite game was still in doubt (a favorable score of 44-41 with 8 mins left) and perceived a weakness whereas the Sooners perhaps were undeserving to be placed ahead of texas in the polls. Clearly the td by texas kept them in the game.

Second, is just wanted to share musings that I encountered over the summer whilst visiting with fans of these two foes. The texas-ex accused Mike Gundy of tellin his boys to "lie down" and allow Brown to run freely 40 yrds and score with 25 ticks on the clock left. His rationale seemed to be that this gesture by Gundy would be perceived by all in the great state of Oklahoma as an act of goodwill to elevate the Sooners and screw the longhorns. Has anyone ever heard that one?

The cowpoke fan was filled with the spirit of Charlie Weatherbie as he could hardly contain himself to proclaim that THIS would be the year his beloved team defeats the inglorious basturds from the south! His premise was that okie aggies had just signed a far superior recruiting class than the tea sippers. Any thoughts on that one?

Thanks for taking my call. I will hang up and listen.

www.ineedtickets.com (http://www.okstate.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082503aab.html)

Mjcpr
9/3/2009, 09:41 AM
When you say 'tournament' do you say it like Hootie Johnson?