PDA

View Full Version : Gresham out for BYU

Pages : [1] 2

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 08:34 AM
The sports animal just reported that Gresham is injured and will not play against BYU

TheHumanAlphabet
9/3/2009, 08:37 AM
where's your winky???

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 08:38 AM
where's your winky???
This one requires no winky unfortunately. They said that all the coaches said was that he tweaked his knee, but wouldnt say anything else besides he wont be in the BYU game.

Sooner-N-KS
9/3/2009, 08:39 AM
My guess is that he won't play on Saturday. But just like me, the guys at the Jokes Animal are guessing.

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 08:41 AM
My guess is that he won't play on Saturday. But just like me, the guys at the Jokes Animal are guessing.
They said they got word from the coaches. Now watch the BYU boards blow up

Hot Rod
9/3/2009, 08:44 AM
It's a diversion I tell ya!

meoveryouxinfinity
9/3/2009, 08:46 AM
I think it's safe to say that this is accurate information. There seems to be a internet consensus.

If we twitter about it, it will be 100% true.

Jello Biafra
9/3/2009, 08:47 AM
my GUESS is, they know they wont need him and want to see how the other tight ends measure up?

OUMallen
9/3/2009, 08:48 AM
Dude, Gresh is def hurt. The extent to which is not known. Most people in most places are saying 4-6 weeks.

Hot Rod
9/3/2009, 08:51 AM
Dude, Gresh is def hurt. The extent to which is not known. Most people in most places are saying 4-6 weeks.

Everyone says that though, especially when receiving a rebate. ;)

badger
9/3/2009, 08:52 AM
Germans nuke Diamond Harbor

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 08:54 AM
Yeah, Gresh is a nightmare matchup for D's. But i know what our offense can still do. I am ready to see if this Defense lives up to the hype

TheHumanAlphabet
9/3/2009, 08:59 AM
They said they got word from the coaches. Now watch the BYU boards blow up

They only think now they will lose instead of being blown out...

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 09:13 AM
I still want to hear the words come out of Stoops mouth

iwannabelikesam
9/3/2009, 09:15 AM

Not anymore, that was before people knew anything. Now the popular report is that it is not serious and can even play against BYU if he can play with the pain.

adoniijahsooner
9/3/2009, 09:15 AM
I still want to hear the words come out of Stoops mouth

Oh, you want to hear Stoops give Gresh's eulogy?

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 09:16 AM
we were up till 2 A.M. talking about this last night

i still want to see it on Soonersports.com or something

TahoeSOONER
9/3/2009, 09:17 AM
Stay strong Gresh! My prayers are with you.

Ugh, I feel sick.

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 09:18 AM
Stay strong Gresh! My prayers are with you.

Ugh, I feel sick.

get the whiskey out

OUMonster
9/3/2009, 09:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhI0OVs_zj0

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 09:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhI0OVs_zj0

:mad: , exactly!

Jello Biafra
9/3/2009, 09:21 AM
for us schlubs that dont have access to youtube at work.....WTF is that link exactly?

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 09:23 AM
for us schlubs that dont have access to youtube at work.....WTF is that link exactly?

just a guy saying "GD"

soonerfan28
9/3/2009, 09:23 AM

Probably just Gresh highlights and I think if this is for real then maybe we can see what Hanna can do. Also, can Eldridge catch a pass from the center position? Yes, thats a real question.

soonerloyal
9/3/2009, 09:25 AM
Lebowski linky. "G**AMMIT!"

Collier11
9/3/2009, 09:26 AM
This just in, upon hearing that Gresh had injured his meniscus Bob Stoops took it upon himself to amputate Gresh just above the knee...he is day to day

adoniijahsooner
9/3/2009, 09:27 AM
This just in, upon hearing that Gresh had injured his meniscus Bob Stoops took it upon himself to amputate Gresh just above the knee...he is day to day

Great work keep us updated.:D

Collier11
9/3/2009, 09:29 AM
Im workin the wire, be back with more later

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 09:30 AM
Carol Stoops can amputate anything on me

:hot:

Collier11
9/3/2009, 09:32 AM
Message reported to Bob, you are DEAD!

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 09:33 AM
well at least i get to see him for a bit!

Collier11
9/3/2009, 09:36 AM
Truth starting to come out, it was not Gresh's knee but he actually stubbed his toe on that pesky coffee table, according to this link he may be out for 2 months

www.greshisgoneandyouallarenuts.com

Sooner-N-KS

Who are these most people in most places? Stoops? Kevin Wilson? Or just monkeys pulling stuff out of their butts?

Collier11
Def the monkeys ^^^

oupride
9/3/2009, 09:38 AM
doomed

Collier11
9/3/2009, 09:42 AM
This is why we dont start injury threads without links unless you witnessed it in person, while Gresh is likely hurt we have now heard everything from him being able to play to him being out nearly 2 months.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/3/2009, 09:42 AM
http://www.crimsonandcreammachine.com/images/admin/jgtx.jpg

After the amputation, the big TE recovered quickly.

Collier11
9/3/2009, 09:45 AM
News as it breaks, due to the unsettled status of Gresham, Jlew got too worked up and sharted...more on this after the break!

stoops the eternal pimp
9/3/2009, 09:48 AM
This just in..Nutt prefers Dick over Johnson..

and JLew always prefers Dick

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 09:49 AM
u ****ers

Collier11
9/3/2009, 09:51 AM
Its ok, CK always prefers Nutt over Dick or Johnson

KaleoHolley
9/3/2009, 09:52 AM
Why is he throwin up the Horns in that one legged photo?

Collier11
9/3/2009, 09:55 AM
he was in the midst of a horns down, no worries

Bosley
9/3/2009, 09:56 AM
This is like buying a new car you're excited to show off to your friends. Then, in driving it home from the lot you get a flat.

Collier11
9/3/2009, 10:05 AM
Kind of like getting that hot girl home from the bar only to find out that she doesnt shave? BLEHHHTTT!

meoveryouxinfinity
9/3/2009, 10:10 AM
Kind of like getting that hot girl home from the bar only to find out that she doesnt shave? BLEHHHTTT!

Nah, you'd still hit it.

Kinda like taking a hot girl home from the bar and finding out she has genital worts.

NormanPride
9/3/2009, 10:10 AM
I look at this like I looked at AD going down. Our coaches and players have proven that when a star goes down they get better as a team. I'm not saying we will be better without him. What I'm saying is that, after he comes back, we'll be even better than we were before.

If you strike Gresham down, we will become more powerful than you can imagine.

soonervegas
9/3/2009, 10:12 AM
He better be back by Texas and I am OFFICIALLY worried about Miami.

adoniijahsooner
Nah, you'd still hit it.

Kinda like taking a hot girl home from the bar and finding out she has genital worts.

Or something intrusive.:eek:

JLEW1818
i just hope he's ready for Miami

Collier11
9/3/2009, 10:17 AM
Nah, you'd still hit it.

Well the severity depends, are you finding out before or after the fact cus after the fact would be much more maddening than before, before would just be disappointing and disgusting

Bosley
9/3/2009, 10:21 AM
I only smoke if I'm either drinking, or watching OU football.

Looks like I'm smoking two packs of cigarettes instead of one this Saturday. eff.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/3/2009, 10:22 AM
Well the severity depends, are you finding out before or after the fact cus after the fact would be much more maddening than before, before would just be disappointing and disgusting

umm if you don't find out that a girl has worts BEFORE you "do it,"
a) she obviously wasn't that hot because she wanted the lights off,
or,
b) you fell the "that's a mole!" story..

Collier11
9/3/2009, 10:27 AM
maybe you just get down to biz and you are examining everything, or maybe you are really really really really really drunk? Not sayin, jus sayin

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 10:27 AM
What happens when Hannah has a 150 yard 3 TD game against BYU :)

Collier11
9/3/2009, 10:29 AM
I pee a little

Bosley
9/3/2009, 10:29 AM
http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0909/655906.html

Norman - We've gotten new information from our sources about the injury to OU tight end Jermaine Gresham.

Our sources tell us Gresham "tweaked" his knee at practice on Tuesday and did not take part in Wednesday's drills. He was in street clothes but not on crutches and seemed to be walking fine. He has had soreness in this knee before.

There will be a more thorough evaluation later today, but at this point, everything else is just speculation and Internet rumor.

If he can not play Saturday against BYU the starter would be sophomore James Hanna a reserve last year who was used mostly on special teams. He caught only one pass at tight end (for -1 yards) against Texas A&M.

Behind him it would be sophomore Trent Ratteree.

If Gresham should be out for any length of time, OU would most likely move senior Brody Eldridge back to tight end where he played last season. Eldridge is now listed as OU's starting center.

The rumors on the Internet had Gresham missing a month or more of action. The report first came from SoonerScoop.com and of course now it's all over the Internet.

Gresham is a favorite to win the John Mackey Award, given to the nation's best tight end. He was a finalist for the award last year, which went to Missouri's Chase Coffman.

He is also on the watch list for the Maxwell Award which is given yearly to the nation's most outstanding college football player.

Last year, Gresham led the team with 14 touchdown receptions and was second in catches (66) and yards (950).

Yesterday, we were the first to tell you that the rumors about OSU quarterback Zac Robinson were false. An internet site reported Robinson was doubtful for Saturday's game against Georgia due to an undisclosed injury.

Our source told us those were just "horrible Internet rumors" and that Robinson will play when the Cowboys open the regular season Saturday.

NormanPride
9/3/2009, 10:53 AM
Another good thing is that Wilson LOVES Hanna (that sounds weird). He beat Gresh an a lot of the measurables, and is supposedly just as good catching passes.

I still want Gresham back, though...

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 10:54 AM
Another good thing is that Wilson LOVES Hanna (that sounds weird). He beat Gresh an a lot of the measurables, and is supposedly just as good catching passes.

We shall see then. I would love to see him run over a corner and take it to the house

CaliBornSoonerBred
9/3/2009, 10:59 AM

I've heard a lot of the same concerning Hanna and I believe I heard a month or so ago that they implimented a few new packages to get Hanna on the field with Gresham and Brody at the same time to create some matchup problems because he is that good. I'm just anxious to see what he can do.

But at the same time you can't replace the size, speed, and athleticism that is the freak Jermaine Gresham. Let's just hope it's not too serious and that surgery or a knee scope isn't required when we find out exactly what it is.

I Am Right
9/3/2009, 11:03 AM
Dang it!

LawtonBoy74
9/3/2009, 11:07 AM
We will be okay... ITS NOT HIS KNEE AFTER ALL, Charlie just bit his finger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OBlgSz8sSM

This always cheers me up

SeattleOUstudent
9/3/2009, 11:13 AM
http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0909/655906.html

...so youre saying theres a chance....

Okie35
9/3/2009, 11:18 AM
No biggie right now at least against BYU. That's the upside of being a really deep team.

kevpks
9/3/2009, 11:20 AM
No biggie right now at least against BYU. That's the upside of being a really deep team.

Agreed. As long as he is in there catching touchdowns when we give Texas their sixth loss of the season I'll be happy.

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 11:40 AM
Alright guys, my source, which happens to be one of our RB's, said that he took a hit to the knee that gave him a pretty good stinger. He then went running yesterday on his own and that knee caused him to fall.

TexasIsOUsBtch
9/3/2009, 11:45 AM
He better be back by Texas and I am OFFICIALLY worried about Miami.

Yeah, I hope he's back by Texas too... Don't know who we can find to whiff a block on a fake punt!

Sooner Among The Pack
9/3/2009, 11:47 AM
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit

boomersooner28
9/3/2009, 11:57 AM
I got a message from a player on the team and this is what he said about Gresham:

i can't really say. i haven't talked to him or heard anything about it yet. i guess i'll prolly find out today as well

stoops the eternal pimp
9/3/2009, 11:59 AM
I heard he contracted leprosy and is 4 weeks pregnant

jumperstop
9/3/2009, 12:00 PM
Alright guys, my source, which happens to be one of our RB's, said that he took a hit to the knee that gave him a pretty good stinger. He then went running yesterday on his own and that knee caused him to fall.

doesn't sound like it will be better in a few days. here's hoping to a quick recovery.

Howzit
9/3/2009, 12:02 PM

Could he get back up? Was he wearing a Life Alert?

LawtonBoy74
9/3/2009, 12:02 PM
Damn, thats not good at all

stoops the eternal pimp
9/3/2009, 12:03 PM
CK is reporting its genital warts and it could mean a medical redshirt

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 12:11 PM
doesn't sound like it will be better in a few days. here's hoping to a quick recovery.
Well he said that no one is saying anything on how serious it is and that the players arent even aware of how bad it is.

colinreturn
9/3/2009, 12:11 PM
Could he get back up? Was he wearing a Life Alert?

hahahhahaahha. post of the day.

illinisooner
9/3/2009, 12:12 PM
In all seriousness, a friend of mine who works in the AD said he heard Stoops a little bit ago say he'd be out this week and probably for Idaho St (as a precaution) as well. He said this during the taping of the Inside Sooner Football show (I think) and most likely will be announced during the afternoon presser.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/3/2009, 12:13 PM
Carey Murdoch and James Hale just reported that they are both giant doosh rockets and shouldn't be such pretenders of knowledge

Petro-Sooner
9/3/2009, 12:15 PM
Cartilage damage.

DakotaSooner
9/3/2009, 12:15 PM
this sucks....

colinreturn
9/3/2009, 12:16 PM
In all seriousness, a friend of mine who works in the AD said he heard Stoops a little bit ago say he'd be out this week and probably for Idaho St (as a precaution) as well. He said this during the taping of the Inside Sooner Football show (I think) and most likely will be announced during the afternoon presser.

thank you

John Kochtoston
9/3/2009, 12:19 PM
http://oudaily.com/news/2009/sep/03/te-jermaine-greshams-injury-confirmed/

stoops the eternal pimp
9/3/2009, 12:20 PM
I heard his knee injury was from a sneak attack by the four horseman...flair had him in the figure four while tully came off the 2nd rope with a chair on it

colinreturn
9/3/2009, 12:21 PM
im in class and theres a football player sitting next to me, maybe i should ask him!

kustang619
9/3/2009, 12:22 PM
Not the way I wanted the season to start....

John Kochtoston
9/3/2009, 12:25 PM
I heard his knee injury was from a sneak attack by the four horseman...flair had him in the figure four while tully came off the 2nd rope with a chair on it

That's what cost Dusty the title back in '86 ... buncha sneaky bastiges.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/3/2009, 12:26 PM
That's what cost Dusty the title back in '86 ... buncha sneaky bastiges.

Tryin to mess up Jermaine's trip to da pay window, if you will

Widescreen
9/3/2009, 12:28 PM
http://blogs.kansascity.com/photos/uncategorized/tonya_harding_1995.jpg
I think she had something to do with it.

LawtonBoy74
9/3/2009, 12:30 PM
Some dude just announced that Gresh will be out against BYU on ESPN, I hate how they report stories that aren't verified yet

stoops the eternal pimp
9/3/2009, 12:30 PM
Thats why I don't watch ESPN..its a joke

colinreturn
9/3/2009, 12:38 PM
Thats why I don't watch ESPN..its a joke

Although i do watch espn, I go and investigate anything they say about injuries.

They are a joke when it comes to releasing unconfirmed information.

Funky G
9/3/2009, 12:40 PM
This just in: Bradford to play with one hand tied behind his back

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 12:41 PM
Some dude just announced that Gresh will be out against BYU on ESPN, I hate how they report stories that aren't verified yet
They have no clue lol. Maybe Gottlieb said something!!

stoops the eternal pimp
9/3/2009, 12:46 PM
Although i do watch espn, I go and investigate anything they say about injuries.

They are a joke when it comes to releasing unconfirmed information.

its more than that...I only watch the games themselves because all their coverage and talk is full of crap just trying to get people to watch..

and I m not gonna be one of those guys that posts ESPN hates us and I hate espn but im gonna watch all their crap to see what else they say and then be the same guy who gets excited because they say something nice about Bradford or Oklahoma....they are about entertaining people, not sports...

Cougarfan3
9/3/2009, 12:47 PM
Oh no!!!!! I love the still that has fallen over "Settler Nation" Gresham is a great TE, the best in the country and a great blocker so if I were lil Sammy Bradford I would be looking to twist my knee soon so I can skip Saturday.

BYU 38
Oklahoma 31

Can't win a National Title with a Week 1 loss . . . Boomer . . . . . . ha ha

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 12:48 PM
Oh no!!!!! I love the still that has fallen over "Settler Nation" Gresham is a great TE, the best in the country and a great blocker so if I were lil Sammy Bradford I would be looking to twist my knee soon so I can skip Saturday.

BYU 38
Oklahoma 31

Luckily we have depth at tight end.

SoonerInFortSmith
9/3/2009, 12:48 PM

I heard three Warshington O-linemen ganged up on him. Then a longwhorn went straight for his knees 15 yards downfield. All of which did no damage. He wasn't hurt untill he was kicking them all in the arse as they ran away.

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 12:49 PM

BYU 38
Oklahoma 31

Good luck with Murray, Brown, Broyles........

SoonerCoug

BYU 38
Oklahoma 31

Cougarfan--that was a lame post. Really lame. Not quite as lame as Sooner posts about hanging Joseph Smith in effigy, but your post is still classless. Besides, we're going to get our asses kicked in this game.

adoniijahsooner
http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/FedEx+BCS+National+Championship+Game+9WDmT6BwGNyl. jpg

Hot Rod

BYU 38
Oklahoma 31

Yeah, we're disappointed that it's not going to be a blow out now.

SoonerInFortSmith
9/3/2009, 12:51 PM

BYU 38
Oklahoma 31

Puhleeaase. Our defense will score more points than the BYfreakingU offense anyway. It will take a lot more than this to keep us from romping you.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/3/2009, 12:52 PM
Cougarfan--that was a lame post. Really lame. Not quite as lame as Sooner posts about hanging Joseph Smith in effigy, but your post is still classless. Besides, we're going to get our asses kicked in this game.

Dude don't put those Joseph Smith posts on Sooners...it was just a few people who are a little slow

colinreturn
9/3/2009, 12:54 PM
Yeah, we're disappointed that it's not going to be a blow out now.

define "blowout"

anything above 77-0 is a blowout for me

so now i guess we will just win by 40

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 12:55 PM
Lets continue our regular season 60 point game streak. Why go easy on BYU

tigepilot
9/3/2009, 12:57 PM

BYU 38
Oklahoma 31

I hope the rest of your fan base is more classy than you. :rolleyes:

soonerloyal
9/3/2009, 01:00 PM
Breaking News: Jermaine Gresham Out for First Game
Posted: Sep 03, 2009 12:59 PM EDT Updated: Sep 03, 2009 1:51 PM EDT
Oklahoma's Jermaine Gresham catches a touchdown pass in the third quarter of a college football game against Texas A&M in Norman. (AP File Photo)

Oklahoma's Jermaine Gresham catches a touchdown pass in the third quarter of a college football game against Texas A&M in Norman. (AP File Photo)

NEWS 9 Sports Staff

NORMAN, Oklahoma - NEWS 9's Dean Blevins has learned that OU All-American tight end Jermaine Gresham is injured and will not play in OU's opening game against BYU Saturday.

It is unknown how long Gresham will be out, but sources tell Blevins that Gresham has cartilage damage to his knee. Doctors, coaches and Gresham are evaluating how to proceed.

Gresham could be back soon or surgery could make it a season ending injury.

soonerloyal
9/3/2009, 01:03 PM

BYU 38
Oklahoma 31

Itchin' for some attention and validation, aren't ya, sugar?
Poor lil thing. There, there *pat pat* There, there *pat pat*...

meoveryouxinfinity
9/3/2009, 01:04 PM
maynnnn someone needs to step at WR.

Lott's Bandana
9/3/2009, 01:07 PM
Made it to Griffin's blog on ESPN:

Tight end Jermaine Gresham (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=188942) has injured a knee this week and is not likely to play in No. 3 Oklahoma (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=201)'s season opener against BYU (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=252) on Saturday, a person briefed on the injury said Thursday.

The Sooners are hoping that the injury is not serious and won't cost Gresham, who tweaked the knee in practice Tuesday, lost time beyond this week. The senior returned to the Sooners after strongly considering entering the NFL draft in April. He is the 14th-ranked NFL prospect in Scouts Inc.'s top 100.
Oklahoma is not commenting on Gresham's injury at this time. Oklahoma was planning on using former tight end Brody Eldridge (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=174559) at center against BYU, with the possibility he could play some tight end as well.
The Sooners also could consider using sophomore tight end Trent Ratterree (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=241764) against No. 20 BYU. The game will be played in Arlington, Texas (ESPN, 7 p.m. ET).
The 6-foot-6, 258-pound Gresham had 66 receptions for 950 yards and 14 touchdowns last season. He was a Sporting News First Team All-American last season and an Associated Press and Walter Camp second-team All-American.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/3/2009, 01:09 PM
I still think it would be hilarious if it was all just a big internet hoax.

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 01:14 PM
screw life

Octavian
9/3/2009, 01:16 PM
FML

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 01:19 PM
I kinda get that feeling that it is a bad one. I just know how lucky we always are with injuries =[

soonermagic14
9/3/2009, 01:19 PM
Tim Raterree is Gresh's back up on soonersports. Why are some people saying Hanna will start? This is bad news but look at texas....they dont have any TE's left due to injuries.

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 01:20 PM
Tim Raterree is Gresh's back up on soonersports. Why are some people saying Hanna will start? This is bad news but look at texas....they dont have any TE's left due to injuries.

true but Gresham is a our 1B passing target

(Broyles being 1A)

if things get bad i say screw it and run 4 WRs

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 01:20 PM
They didnt have Gresham

silverwheels
9/3/2009, 01:21 PM

They didn't use their TEs last year anyway.

Octavian
9/3/2009, 01:21 PM
Gresham is the best TE in America. There's really no silver lining with this one.

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 01:22 PM

Hanna will be more of a pass catcher.

BillyBall
9/3/2009, 01:23 PM
The latest news is that he is up in the air for BYU and the staff believes that if surgery is necessary, he would be back in time for Tulsa.

I think some people need to get off the bridge.

Octavian
9/3/2009, 01:24 PM
the bridge is large...and there's plenty of room ;)

JLEW1818
i just want a damn SoonerSports.com link.... they need to let us no, b4 i have a heart attack, again

CK Sooner
The latest news is that he is up in the air for BYU and the staff believes that if surgery is necessary, he would be back in time for Tulsa.

That's what I heard. Was that reported before or after the sports animal report?

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 01:25 PM

Latest news from who?

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 01:26 PM
Latest news from who?

I believe he got it off a premium site.

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 01:27 PM
lol, I'm gonna call the athletic office and just ask the secretary

"Hello, yes, I'm the Big 12 Commissioner, I need to speak to Bob"

silverwheels
9/3/2009, 01:27 PM

Did I ever tell you the one about the two ol' boys pissing off a bridge?

BillyBall
9/3/2009, 01:28 PM
I believe he got it off a premium site.

Yes, I don't usually post anything I read there but it's just rumors get way out of control on boards.

Case in point, Zac Robinson yesterday.

w0lfe
lol, I'm gonna call the athletic office and just ask the secretary

"Hello, yes, I'm the Big 12 Commissioner, I need to speak to Bob"
If that doesnt work, than I'll call and say I'm Tebow. That will for sure work

JLEW1818
why cant Zac attack be hurt, and not my Jermaine

soonermagic14
9/3/2009, 01:29 PM
true but Gresham is a our 1B passing target

(Broyles being 1A)

if things get bad i say screw it and run 4 WRs

good call. I say go with 4 WR set now....this would put Madu on the field more right?

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 01:30 PM
good call. I say go with 4 WR set now....this would put Madu on the field more right?

yup i would think so

hell, it worked fine for texas against us last year

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 01:31 PM
Broyles, Kenney, Caleb, Miller, Tennell, Madu... It could be any combination of these.

DakotaSooner
9/3/2009, 01:31 PM
Saw it on ESPN too......this is not what we need!!!!!

silverwheels
9/3/2009, 01:32 PM
It's worked for Texas since VY was there because their QB has been a running threat (sometimes even their main running threat). Not that Sam isn't mobile, but the coaches don't want him scrambling around too much.

IslandSooner
9/3/2009, 01:32 PM
We won't know the true extent of the injury for 2-3 weeks and then we will find out that he will be out for the season. (just guessing) always seems to go that way

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 01:34 PM
yah, texas switched to the 4 WR during the RR game I believe after the first quarter? I thought they had a TE on the field at the beginning.. could be wrong.

but still, 4wr, 5 Oline , Sam and Murray in the backfield

we could make some things happen if needed

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 01:34 PM
It's worked for Texas since VY was there because their QB has been a running threat (sometimes even their main running threat). Not that Sam isn't mobile, but the coaches don't want him scrambling around too much.
4 WR's running short little out routes and curls, Sam would not miss a pass. Occasionally throwing the deep ball. We will be fine for the first few games.

colinreturn
9/3/2009, 01:36 PM
Saw it on ESPN too......this is not what we need!!!!!

then it must be true

silverwheels
9/3/2009, 01:37 PM
4 WR's running short little out routes and curls, Sam would not miss a pass. Occasionally throwing the deep ball. We will be fine for the first few games.

We don't even really need to change our offense that drastically.

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 01:38 PM

agree, I'm just saying if **** hits the fan.... i hope we have a 4 WR set if we need it..

(I'm sure we already have one, b4 this happened)

Hot Rod
9/3/2009, 01:40 PM
agree, I'm just saying if **** hits the fan.... i hope we have a 4 WR set if we need it..

(I'm sure we already have one, b4 this happened)

We even had a 5 wideout. However, Gresham was part of the receivers. We've used this with Madu, can't remember about Murray or Brown though.

primetime43
why cant Zac attack be hurt, and not my Jermaine

We need the Pokes to beat Georgia on Saturday!

w0lfe
Nah I didnt mean it like that. I meant it that if we ever had to change stuff, we are completely capable of doing it.

silverwheels
9/3/2009, 01:41 PM
Hopefully it's not too serious and he'll be back completely for Miami, if not then definitely by the RRS. I just look at it this way: the new WRs will get their feet a little more wet than if Gresham had played, and that's a good thing. For them, at least.

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 01:42 PM
could be a blessing in disguise

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 01:42 PM
Kerry Murdock just said that Gresh will have an MRI today. If he does get surgery, it will be minor and he will definitely be back by the Texas game.

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 01:44 PM
yup, the injury does not take long to fix

i just don't understand why they didn't do an MRI yesterday

that could be a good thing, him thinking its not that bad, or a bad thing

(i really have no idea what I'm talking about i just want to watch football)

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 01:45 PM
yup, the injury does not take long to fix

i just don't understand why they didn't do an MRI yesterday

that could be a good thing, him thinking its not that bad, or a bad thing

(i really have no idea what I'm talking about i just want to watch football)

It doesn't take long to fix if it isn't a severe tear. If it is a severe tear then he could be out for almost the whole season.

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 01:46 PM
It doesn't take long to fix if it isn't a severe tear. If it is a severe tear then he could be out for almost the whole season.

then i would quit life and probably move to mexico

i just wanna know who the hell hit his knee? or landed on it or w/e

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 01:49 PM

Mike Lupica

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 01:49 PM

You will probably never know that, but from everything I am hearing it is a "tweak" which could be a bruise or slight sprain or tear.

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 01:52 PM
chances we know what has happened by six???

I mean ****, doesn't the team probably head to Dallas tonight?

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 01:53 PM

Six sounds like a pretty good guess.

Cougarfan3
9/3/2009, 01:53 PM

Okay SoonerCoug whatever you say . . . keep your tail between your legs so the big bad Sooner fans don't get angry at you. We don't need fans like you son . . . change that screen name to 'SoonerA$$Kisser' and move along. You embarrass BYU fans everywhere with your "We'll be lucky to keep it close" attitude . . .

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 01:54 PM

I say we find out sometime tonight with the local evening news or something. I think they will probably leave early tomorrow sometime

Gresho Murford
9/3/2009, 01:58 PM
Okay SoonerCoug whatever you say . . . keep your tail between your legs so the big bad Sooner fans don't get angry at you. We don't need fans like you son . . . change that screen name to 'SoonerA$$Kisser' and move along. You embarrass BYU fans everywhere with your "We'll be lucky to keep it close" attitude . . .

finally a coug that will talk ****

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 02:00 PM

lol

SoonersBIG7
9/3/2009, 02:05 PM
Is this injury like that of Blake Griffins last bball season?

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 02:06 PM
similar from what i heard

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 02:06 PM
OFFICIAL WORD

NORMAN, Okla. -- Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops announced today that tight end Jermaine Gresham will miss Saturday’s season opener against Brigham Young due to a knee injury.

The senior has cartilage damage in his right knee and the evaluation process is continuing.

Stoops said that Gresham along with team doctors and athletic training staff are considering treatment options that could have a bearing on his return.

Offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson indicated that Trent Ratterree and James Hanna will be listed on the depth chart at the tight end position.

The Sooners and BYU meet Saturday in Arlington, Texas, with kickoff slated for 6 p.m.

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 02:07 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/090309aaa.html

Sept. 3, 2009

NORMAN, Okla. - Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops announced today that tight end Jermaine Gresham will miss Saturday's season opener against Brigham Young due to a knee injury.

The senior has cartilage damage in his right knee and the evaluation process is continuing.

Stoops said that Gresham along with team doctors and athletic training staff are considering treatment options that could have a bearing on his return.

Offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson indicated that Trent Ratterree and James Hanna will be listed on the depth chart at the tight end position.

The Sooners and BYU meet Saturday in Arlington, Texas, with kickoff slated for 6 p.m.

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 02:07 PM
OFFICIAL WORD

NORMAN, Okla. -- Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops announced today that tight end Jermaine Gresham will miss Saturday’s season opener against Brigham Young due to a knee injury.

yup "splash"

posted another thread since it was official

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 02:09 PM
Cartilage damage, so my guess would probably be 3-4 weeks.

JLEW1818
do you think if it was that bad, they would just say 3 or 4 weeks?

hopefully its just a week

JLEW1818
okay, so we get a bye week before Miami... he could be ready, could

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 02:10 PM
do you think if it was that bad, they would just say 3 or 4 weeks?

hopefully its just a week

Doubtful, but if he somehow does recover in a week we need to make sure he is 100% before playing against a high school caliber team.

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 02:12 PM
Doubtful, but if he somehow does recover in a week we need to make sure he is 100% before playing against a high school caliber team.
I agree. I think we can handle Miami without him. It does worry me though that he could be a little unsure on it.

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 02:13 PM
I say we wait till Miami if possible... thank god for the bye week

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 02:13 PM
The Miami game is October 3rd

1 month away

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 02:15 PM
News 9 just said that surgery would make it a season ending injury. I don't know how reliable that is though.

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 02:15 PM
After he gets back, the first opposing defender that I see that personally takes a cheap shot at that knee, ill be making a trip to deal with it myself.

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 02:16 PM
last ****ing week of practice and this **** happens.. wow

LawtonBoy74
9/3/2009, 02:17 PM
I say we just let him heal up til he's 100% there is no need to possibly ruin his career with a James "booby" Miles incident

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 02:17 PM
Traber just said that with any Cartiledge injury, it will not go beyond 2 or 3 weeks. He has had 4 of these surgeries and completely torn his. Thats reassuring

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 02:18 PM
I say we just let him heal up til he's 100% there is no need to possibly ruin his career with a James "booby" Miles incident

Good movie.

LawtonBoy74
We should blame the guy who made fun of OSU's linebacker for getting hurt :]

JLEW1818
I bet he is 100% for the Miami game... the rest of OUr guys are just going to have to step up.. some times it takes an injury, for another person to become a Star

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 02:19 PM
Traber just said that with any Cartiledge injury, it will not go beyond 2 or 3 weeks. He has had 4 of these surgeries and completely torn his. Thats reassuring

That is def. reassuring. The official word of 2-3 will make me sleep easier though.

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 02:20 PM
yup, just think, we really don't play a road game, while he will be gone, assuming he is back for Miami.

I like OUr chances

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 02:21 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yup, just think, we really don't play a road game, while he will be gone, assuming he is back for Miami.

I like OUr chances
I would feel great if we still hung half a hundred saturday without Gresh.

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 02:21 PM
I bet he is 100% for the Miami game... the rest of OUr guys are just going to have to step up.. some times it takes an injury, for another person to become a Star

James Hanna needs to step up. They were thinking about redshirting him, but now that is not an option. He is big and fast just like Gresham hopefully he can run routes as good as Gresham. I do know though that Hanna is not where he needs to be when it comes to blocking and Mensik and Rattateree should take that role.

silverwheels
9/3/2009, 02:22 PM
I'm hesitant to believe anything Traber says.

Hot Rod

Who's that? ;)

CK Sooner

Well you would think that he wouldn't be lying about his own injuries.

silverwheels
9/3/2009, 02:24 PM
Well you would think that he wouldn't be lying about his own injuries.

Probably not about his own injuries, but he can't apply his history to Gresham and just assume that whatever happened to him will happen to Jermaine.

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 02:24 PM
I'm hesitant to believe anything Traber says
Yeah, his opinions usually dont mean much, but something like this i think is more credible. Especially with him dealing with this as a former athelete

silverwheels
9/3/2009, 02:27 PM
Calling Traber an "athlete" is a bit of a stretch.

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 02:28 PM
well College Football Live is about to come on ......

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 02:29 PM
Calling Traber an "athlete" is a bit of a stretch.
Anyone that makes it to the major leagues I consider an athlete

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 02:30 PM
well College Football Live is about to come on ......
let me know what happens! im bored at work just hitting the refresh button. I hate finishing my work early

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 02:32 PM
Talking about Gresham.

silverwheels
9/3/2009, 02:34 PM
Talking about Gresham.

I think you mean Greshman.

CK Sooner
They pretty much said that we are screwed without Gresham.

JLEW1818
Ryan Broyles is the only Receiver active with a TD as a starter /?

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 02:35 PM
I think you mean Greshman.

No....

:confused:

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 02:35 PM
Ryan Broyles is the only Receiver active with a TD as a starter /?

Tennell had a touchdown against Miami.

LawtonBoy74
9/3/2009, 02:36 PM
They think our season is done

silverwheels
9/3/2009, 02:36 PM
No....

:confused:

The caption while showing clips of him called him "Jermaine Greshman".

SeattleOUstudent
9/3/2009, 02:37 PM
Oct 17 is a LONG ways away.....breathe everyone, breathe.

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 02:38 PM
The caption while showing clips of him called him "Jermaine Greshman".

Oh, so you don't think that. ESPN is saying it?

LawtonBoy74
What if we had him get the surgery and give him a medical shirt this yr and bring sam and GK back for another year....also pay back all the money AD has ever earned and force the NCAA to give him another year...Just wishin..

CK Sooner
Oct 17 is a LONG ways away.....breathe everyone, breathe.

I didn't hear anyone that was worried about the Texas game. He just needs to get the knee scope and have a good rehab right now.

w0lfe
Yeah that makes sense, it never surprises me how they say how much individual talent this team has, but once we lose one of those guys, the season is over. Its like the other stars just dont exist anymore

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 02:39 PM
What if we had him get the surgery and give him a medical shirt this yr and bring sam and GK back for another year....also pay back all the money AD has ever earned and force the NCAA to give him another year...Just wishin..

Nah.

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the updates CK

silverwheels
9/3/2009, 02:41 PM
Oh, so you don't think that. ESPN is saying it?

Just a typo by ESPN, but I thought it was funny. Apparently the last name "Gresham" is tough for ESPN talking heads to pronounce and their video guys to type.

JLEW1818
I didn't hear anyone that was worried about the Texas game. He just needs to get the knee scope and have a good rehab right now.

i might need rehab after all this ****

CK Sooner
Just a typo by ESPN, but I thought it was funny. Apparently the last name "Gresham" is tough for ESPN talking heads to pronounce and their video guys to type.

Herbie never pronounces it right, its pathetic.

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 02:42 PM
Yeah, they never got Kelvin Sampson's name right either.

LawtonBoy74
9/3/2009, 02:44 PM
We'll be okay as long as we can just remain healthy through the bye week, and the rest of the season of course..which would be a miracle injuries happen to all teams every year

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 02:45 PM
Let me get all medical on you guys for a second.

The Menisus is NOT a ligament, it is cartilage. The average recovery for this type of injury is two to three weeks.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/tannerholmes/grish.jpg

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 02:46 PM
knees are so important

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 02:47 PM
Colt talking now.. haha

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 02:51 PM
Colt talking now.. haha

They thought he still had a mustache, but it was just a cum stache'.

OK2U
9/3/2009, 02:55 PM
UPDATE
http://newsok.com/ou-tight-end-jermaine-gresham-out-with-knee-injury-out-for-byu/article/3397901?custom_click=lead_story_title

Jello Biafra
9/3/2009, 02:55 PM
he's fine guys....relax.

LawtonBoy74
9/3/2009, 02:58 PM
I had an fellow O-line man play the whole year with a torn Meniscus..but of course he was an O-lineman so I dont know what the diff. of strain put on the cartlidge at TE

goingoneight
9/3/2009, 03:03 PM
If it's really just a torn miniscus, you can get it scoped, slap on a brace and be back in a few weeks.

Me, I would have to say I'd rather not see JG's future jeopardized, even if it means sitting him out worst case scenario all year.

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 03:05 PM
They thought he still had a mustache, but it was just a cum stache'.
hahaha

Tear Down This Wall
9/3/2009, 03:08 PM
This is shocking news. I mean, our football players have gotten so few knee injuries over the past few years. :rolleyes:

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 03:08 PM
:D

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 03:14 PM
Sam needs to just sit in his room with the door and blinds shut until gameday.

jdsooner
9/3/2009, 03:23 PM
I feel bad for Gresham. He comes back for another year and now he is hurt. He could already be in the NFL. I hope it is not serious for HIS sake.

Jello Biafra
9/3/2009, 03:26 PM
lol i give up. some of you guys just don't listen.

i know a kid who played at pitt state back about 10 years ago....he had the same injury and to this day has not had his knee scoped. he says it still hurts but not unbearable or anything.

scope-2-3 weeks-hes back. capeche?

hobbes2702
9/3/2009, 03:47 PM
Dude not every knee injury is the same. My friend tore his meniscus (sp?) his senior year of high school and he was out the entire year. Every person is different. I hope for Gresham and yall that he is healthy soon especially so he can be successful at the next level.

Crucifax Autumn
9/3/2009, 03:47 PM
I'm thinking he'll rest a couple of games, we'll see some future greats laying the groundwork for outstanding careeers, and at least one of them will become an immediate star. We're OU damn it! The very concept that one guy, no matter how great, being out a couple of games will actually slow the Crimson machine is ridiculous.

I guarantee we will see some guys step up.

Sooner FLiP
9/3/2009, 03:57 PM
I'm thinking he'll rest a couple of games, we'll see some future greats laying the groundwork for outstanding careeers, and at least one of them will become an immediate star. We're OU damn it! The very concept that one guy, no matter how great, being out a couple of games will actually slow the Crimson machine is ridiculous.

i totally agree. i remember when AD got injured. the world thought the sky was falling. however we had some great performances by Allen Patrick and the like. all they needed was a chance to show their stuff.

JG is my favorite player on the team and i am all for him doing whatever it takes for however long to get well.

BOOMER!!

Jello Biafra
9/3/2009, 04:02 PM
. My friend tore his meniscus (sp?) his senior year of high school and he was out the entire year. .

what he didn't tell you is the fact that he also had a bruised fallopian tube and a sick case of mono...that kept him out. speaking of which, did you ever see a doctor?

Tear Down This Wall
9/3/2009, 04:04 PM

Yeah, because his back-up is now the center. So, having our third or fourth string guys out there will probably be just the same as having Jermaine or Brody out there...especially with all of the experienced receivers we've got coming back this year. Right?

RedstickSooner
9/3/2009, 04:17 PM

Dude, you need to relax. Go have a beer or something.

Oh, wait...

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 04:17 PM
Dude, you need to relax. Go have a beer or something.

Oh, wait...

:pop:

LawtonBoy74
9/3/2009, 04:18 PM
Yeah, because his back-up is now the center. So, having our third or fourth string guys out there will probably be just the same as having Jermaine or Brody out there...especially with all of the experienced receivers we've got coming back this year. Right?

We will be ok... I remember when PT was our starter people didnt give us a chance that year..but we ended up taking the Big 12 championship home

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 04:20 PM
James Hanna is 6'4, 243 and has run a 4.56 forty for anyone interested.

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 04:20 PM

You embarrass BYU fans ever by being unrealistic about this game.

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 04:21 PM
Now the BYU fans are at fighting each other.

:D

Jello Biafra

never know... there is always SOMEONE out there when we are us...willie roberts backup?

how about paul thompson?

who did we replace AD with?

RedstickSooner
We're OU damn it! The very concept that one guy, no matter how great, being out a couple of games will actually slow the Crimson machine is ridiculous.

Actually, I have to disagree with you here, Crucifax. Gresham is a huge deal to our offense because he lets our hurry-up do the totally-different-look-with-same-personnel thing. By being a superb blocker & receiver, he means we can go from power running to full-on spread without subbing.

If we have to use a tight end who can't catch as well, or can't block as well, we lose that dimension. Do we still have the best QB in all of college ball? Yeah. We just lose one of the tools that helps give that QB chess moves instead of checkers.

But, since everyone is now leaning towards Gresham coming back soon, I'm gonna go ahead and cancel my plane reservations for the Mexican suicide clinic I found on the Innerweb. You suppose their deposits are non-returnable?

Jello Biafra
9/3/2009, 04:23 PM
James Hanna is 6'4, 243 and has run a 4.56 forty for anyone interested.

plus he makes tha awesome tatoos

SoonerNate
9/3/2009, 04:24 PM
I heard he might be back by Tulsa. Everyone just take a breath.

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/3/2009, 04:27 PM
Someone over on OUinsider started a thread saying that he had an update on JG's injury...

He said JG has a TORN LABIA and he was dead serious

I wish I was joking

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 04:27 PM
hmmm

tommieharris91
9/3/2009, 04:28 PM
Someone over on OUinsider started a thread saying that he had an update on JG's injury...

He said JG has a TORN LABIA and he was dead serious

I wish I was joking

Link or it didn't happen.

Crucifax Autumn
9/3/2009, 04:28 PM

What we may lack in experience is more than made up for with skill. These guys are going to be as good as last year's receivers, and this situation will force them to step it up sooner. We have a huge target in Hanna and I'm fairly certain that our backs can still run. On top of that we still have Broyles who IS experienced. All this Chicken Little crap just isn't becoming to such a fine program with tons of depth. It's just silly to throw the whole thing out based on the misfortune of one player.

Every single player on last year's team once lacked experience and they did pretty damned good IMO. I refuse to panic. I'm a Sooner fan for Christ's sake, not a whorn or a sheephumper.

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 04:30 PM

lol

I'd google it if u don't know what it is ...

BOOMERBRADLEY

The mods deleted the thread within minutes

Am I really the only one that googled labia?

starclassic tama
this just means the receivers and running game and defense will have to step up. if there is one stat i want to see on saturday, it's less than 50 rushing for BYU

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 04:31 PM
The mods deleted the thread within minutes

Am I really the only one that googled labia?

lol, i knew what it was

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 04:32 PM
I love Labias.