View Full Version : Gresham out for BYU

Pages : 1 [2]

Gresho Murford
9/3/2009, 04:32 PM
this just means the receivers and running game and defense will have to step up. if there is one stat i want to see on saturday, it's less than 50 rushing for BYU

I would rather see less than 200 yards passing b/c we know our run defense will be stout.

Crucifax Autumn
9/3/2009, 04:33 PM
Someone over on OUinsider started a thread saying that he had an update on JG's injury...

He said JG has a TORN LABIA and he was dead serious

I wish I was joking

I've torn a few labias in my 40 years!

tommieharris91
9/3/2009, 04:34 PM
lol

I'd google it if u don't know what it is ...

Ohh I know what a labia is... :cool:

BOOMERBRADLY, that is something I definitely would NOT want to Google at work...

RedstickSooner
9/3/2009, 04:35 PM
If Gresham had a torn labia, I could see how the other guys on the team would feel weird letting him play :D

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 04:35 PM
neg Boomer Brad!!! lol ;)

Jello Biafra
9/3/2009, 04:39 PM
I love Labias.

i do too... i like to wear them as hats when its raining.

Jello Biafra
9/3/2009, 04:40 PM

damn...how many do you have>? i didn't know they made them disposable!

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 04:40 PM
neg Boomer Brad!!! lol ;)

Already did.

Crucifax Autumn
9/3/2009, 04:42 PM
damn...how many do you have>? i didn't know they made them disposable!

Well, I disposed of a lot of bitches ovr the years! lol

LawtonBoy74
9/3/2009, 04:45 PM
http://www.cstv.com/allaccess/player/07-oas-mediaplayer-okla.html?content=mms://a1981.v8108e.c8108.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1981/8108/v0001/cstvcbs.download.akamai.com/8108/open/okla/09-10/video/m-footbl/08aug/20090810_ok_drill02.wmv&school=okla&

I'm gonna miss him for this game, just lookin at the other guys its obvious that JG is considerably better

Lott's Bandana
9/3/2009, 04:45 PM

Cru shoots....

He scores!

Crucifax Autumn
9/3/2009, 04:46 PM
Actually, I have to disagree with you here, Crucifax. Gresham is a huge deal to our offense because he lets our hurry-up do the totally-different-look-with-same-personnel thing. By being a superb blocker & receiver, he means we can go from power running to full-on spread without subbing.

If we have to use a tight end who can't catch as well, or can't block as well, we lose that dimension. Do we still have the best QB in all of college ball? Yeah. We just lose one of the tools that helps give that QB chess moves instead of checkers.

But, since everyone is now leaning towards Gresham coming back soon, I'm gonna go ahead and cancel my plane reservations for the Mexican suicide clinic I found on the Innerweb. You suppose their deposits are non-returnable?

I get what you are saying, but the point is we have players and lots of them. Gresham is awesome and probably irreplaceable, but it's not yet established that Hanna won't remain a "chess piece". The guy just might be able to block well and as huge as he is it's not a stretch to think he may be able to get up and catch some easy passes.

Widescreen
9/3/2009, 05:41 PM
You people are making the baby Joseph Smith cry.

en4cer
9/3/2009, 07:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34ag4nkSh7Q

auto
9/3/2009, 07:43 PM
You people are making the baby Joseph Smith cry.

FTMFW:D :D

IronHorseSooner
9/3/2009, 08:16 PM
This is where the schedule helps out. Bottom line, this team has enough talent to beat BYU, Idaho State, and Tulsa. You then have a week off. The next two teams are Miami and Baylor. Miami is in disarray. The fans down here have all but written off their season. Baylor, while improved, would need to pull a gargantuan upset in Norman. In reality, he would have over six weeks to heal for the injury, and Hanna would have had ample experience going into the UTerus game. Again, this might be the deepest team that Coach Stoops has had since being here.

RedstickSooner
9/4/2009, 02:56 AM
I get what you are saying, but the point is we have players and lots of them. Gresham is awesome and probably irreplaceable, but it's not yet established that Hanna won't remain a "chess piece". The guy just might be able to block well and as huge as he is it's not a stretch to think he may be able to get up and catch some easy passes.

Actually, you're right -- I probably wrote Hanna off too easily. If he really is able to step up in a big way, that'd be awesome.

Whatever else happens, this injury had better be mild. Because it ain't fair to Gresham for him to come back and get hurt without playing a down. The universe owes him some quality game time, dangit.

Crucifax Autumn
9/4/2009, 03:28 AM
Damn right!

w0lfe
9/4/2009, 08:02 AM
've torn a few labias in my 40 years!
HAHA

BoulderSooner79
9/4/2009, 09:18 AM
Actually, you're right -- I probably wrote Hanna off too easily. If he really is able to step up in a big way, that'd be awesome.

Whatever else happens, this injury had better be mild. Because it ain't fair to Gresham for him to come back and get hurt without playing a down. The universe owes him some quality game time, dangit.

So true. If there is an ultimate being out there, I besiege thee to dictate that all players passing up big bucks to return to school be protected from injury. This is for ALL players, not just OU. Thank-you.

soonerfan28
9/4/2009, 09:57 AM

I think Hanna is more of a threat when he's in the slot. A lot like Gresham is and just like Gresham as a Soph he still hasn't become a good blocker yet.

NormanPride
9/4/2009, 10:34 AM
Hanna actually played some TE in high school though, whereas Gresh the Great did not (as far as I know).

Big D Sooner
9/4/2009, 11:14 AM
Any news?

CK Sooner
9/4/2009, 11:15 AM
Any news?

Last I heard was that the MRI results were really good and that he may not have to have surgery. They will wait until after the BYU game to see if it is healing well enough.

LawtonBoy74
9/4/2009, 11:17 AM
Thank you, I hope he'll be ready to go ASAP. Thanks for posting

NormanPride
9/4/2009, 11:22 AM
Last I heard was that the MRI results were really good and that he may not have to have surgery. They will wait until after the BYU game to see if it is healing well enough.

Source? If true that is awesome news.

CK Sooner
9/4/2009, 11:24 AM
Source? If true that is awesome news.

OUInsider/SoonerScoop

It seems like its looking good right now, but if ends up not healing all the way then he will have to have surgery which would be around 2-4 weeks since it is minor.

NormanPride
9/4/2009, 11:28 AM
Not bad. If he's back in time for Big 12 we should be fine.

I'm anxious to see how the O will fare without him in it. It's been a while since we've been without the big man!

LawtonBoy74
9/4/2009, 11:30 AM
I feel an Anxiety attack coming on

IronHorseSooner
9/4/2009, 11:35 AM
Like I have said, he will likely be back for Miami (OCT 7). We should be OK with BYU, Idaho St., and Tulsa. After that, a week off before Miami.

w0lfe
9/4/2009, 03:08 PM
Man I cant wait to hear the results. No telling when it will be.

silverwheels
9/4/2009, 03:18 PM
Like I have said, he will likely be back for Miami (OCT 7). We should be OK with BYU, Idaho St., and Tulsa. After that, a week off before Miami.

October 3rd.

LawtonBoy74
9/4/2009, 03:22 PM
Gresho should just do all upper body workouts from now until he gets back he could really increase his strength with the time off..I hope he takes advantage of this blessing in disguise

IronHorseSooner
9/4/2009, 04:23 PM
October 3rd.

You get the point;) With as bad as we will pwn them, it won't matter when we play them!

StoopTroup
9/4/2009, 04:25 PM
I feel an Anxiety attack coming on

Better put on a depends just in case then.

CK Sooner
9/4/2009, 06:26 PM
Bob Barry Jr. reported on KFOR that Gresham will have surgery early as Monday and could be out six weeks. I guess it was worse than we thought, or maybe he just listed the maximum because I thought it was usually 2-4 weeks.....

LawtonBoy74
9/4/2009, 06:27 PM
Wow, even more Bombardment!!! :mad: