PDA

View Full Version : Some Good News to Wet the Gridiron Palate.

adoniijahsooner
9/3/2009, 07:41 AM
It's looking as though Mike will be certified; just don't know when.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/1583398.html

OU linebacker waits to be re-certified

The attorney for Oklahoma linebacker Mike Balogun said Wednesday morning that although he is aggravated by the process, he believes the NCAA will re-certify his client to play football this season.

"I’m frustrated that it’s taken this long and continue to press toward a deadline that we believed would concur with my agreement to suspend the [civil court] hearing on a permanent injunction," Woody Glass said after two days with an NCAA investigator in the Maryland area. "That has yet to occur. But I still feel confident based on everything that has happened that Mike will be certified — sooner, hopefully, than later."

Balogun’s certification was pulled Aug. 14 by the NCAA, which believed that he played in an amateur football league after his 21st birthday despite subsequent mounting evidence to the contrary. Balogun is not scheduled to travel with the Sooners for Saturday’s season opener against BYU in Arlington. A temporary injunction has allowed him to continue to practice, but Oklahoma apparently has made a decision not to play Balogun unless he is re-certified.

The 25-year-old Balogun’s contention is that he did not play in the North American Football League after Sept. 28, 2004.

Glass said he was notified Friday that he would be included in the latest interview process and flew to Maryland on Sunday night. He said he was returning to Oklahoma on Wednesday and was frustrated because only one interview was conducted.

"Because of some confidentiality that I have agreed to with the NCAA, I cannot discuss at this time what the content of the [interview] was," Glass said. "But I think that people can read into that, that I still feel confident that Mike will be certified."

— Mike Jones

BermudaSooner
9/3/2009, 08:02 AM
Good stuff, thanks.

soonerfan3778
9/3/2009, 08:03 AM
that's great news! the SOONER the better

w0lfe
9/3/2009, 08:05 AM
Good deal, that would definitely help the depth chart

cvsooner
9/3/2009, 11:33 AM
Mike will be certified — sooner, hopefully.

Sooner, hopefully. That's what this whole embroglio could be called.

LawtonBoy74
9/3/2009, 11:53 AM
Great news...but I'm pissed off that the NCAA acted so fast to get the Bama players certified but are dragging their feet with Mike....you think it would be simple just see if he played after he turned 21!!!

SoonerInFortSmith
9/3/2009, 11:59 AM
Great news...but I'm pissed off that the NCAA acted so fast to get the Bama players certified but are dragging their feet with Mike....you think it would be simple just see if he played after he turned 21!!!

+1
Maybe not pi**ed, but aggravated.

OK2U
9/3/2009, 12:32 PM
whet