PDA

View Full Version : HR Bill

olevetonahill
9/3/2009, 01:45 AM
House Resolution 615 has just been introduced to the house:

Congressman John Fleming ( Louisiana physician) has proposed an amendment that would require congressmen and senators to take the same healthcare plan they force on us (under proposed legislation they are curiously exempt). Congressman Fleming is encouraging people to go on his Website and sign his petition (very simple - just first, last and email). I have immediately done just that at: http://fleming.house.gov/ . Please urge as many people as you can to do the same! Site is very busy. May take more than one try.
Be great if they would have to go under SS also .

LosAngelesSooner
9/3/2009, 01:55 AM
I'm all for that. Fair is fair.

yermom
9/3/2009, 02:08 AM
sounds good to me...

olevetonahill
9/3/2009, 02:25 AM
Zactley

Yall do realize that the the members of Congress are not under SS .
But THEY control how its spent ?:eek:

LosAngelesSooner
9/3/2009, 03:07 AM
HOLY COW!!!!! REALLY?!?!!??!!?! ZOMFG?!?!

;)

olevetonahill
9/3/2009, 03:45 AM
HOLY COW!!!!! REALLY?!?!!??!!?! ZOMFG?!?!

;)

Naw Im just dickin wit ya :rolleyes: :D

StoopTroup
9/3/2009, 05:10 AM
Your trying to kill them all off aren't you Vet? :D

Frozen Sooner
9/3/2009, 08:02 AM
House Resolution 615 has just been introduced to the house:

Congressman John Fleming ( Louisiana physician) has proposed an amendment that would require congressmen and senators to take the same healthcare plan they force on us (under proposed legislation they are curiously exempt). Congressman Fleming is encouraging people to go on his Website and sign his petition (very simple - just first, last and email). I have immediately done just that at: http://fleming.house.gov/ . Please urge as many people as you can to do the same! Site is very busy. May take more than one try.
Be great if they would have to go under SS also .

ov, Senators and Congressmen already pay into Social Security and have since the 80s IIRC.

delhalew
9/3/2009, 11:17 AM
bump

Tulsa_Fireman
9/3/2009, 11:19 AM
social security is t3h dumbz0rz

Scott D
9/3/2009, 11:22 AM
I can support this idea. Especially since as it stands now, members of Congress get the best healthcare available to anyone in this nation. On my mother****ing dime.

Lott's Bandana
9/3/2009, 11:23 AM
This won't get out of committee.

Book it.

Scott D
9/3/2009, 11:26 AM
Who knows, Obama's managed to **** off the CBC enough that John Conyers has admitted that they likely will vote against the bill he ends up presenting to the House.

85Sooner
9/3/2009, 03:05 PM
I'm all for that. Fair is fair.

OMG we agree on something.