PDA

View Full Version : Why is this a crime?

SoonerStormchaser
9/2/2009, 09:40 PM
:rolleyes:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/02/georgia.tot.slapped/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

How many of us want to do this?;)

sooner ngintunr
9/2/2009, 09:43 PM
I'd beat the living shiit out of that dude, then press charges against him.

yermom
9/3/2009, 01:16 AM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/CRIME/09/02/georgia.tot.slapped/art.stephens.jpg

that picture makes the article :D

and yeah, he's lucky he didn't get his *** kicked

LosAngelesSooner
9/3/2009, 01:25 AM
We've all wanted to do it...but imagine if you saw some strange guy do it to your kid.

Fatal...death...beat down.

olevetonahill
9/3/2009, 02:31 AM
Moral of the story ?

Dont go to Walmart:D

StoopTroup
9/3/2009, 05:06 AM
Moral of the story ?

Dont go to Walmart with SSC:D

fixed. :D :pop: :eek:

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/3/2009, 07:29 AM
We've all wanted to do it...but imagine if you saw some strange guy do it to your kid.

I totally agree with LAS on this. You know you have wanted to do it, but if it were your kid, there would be a serious beatdown. IMHO, it probably should have been the parent that got slapped as it seems that some parents need it this day and age. However, the fact that he looks like one of the Grumpy Old Men just makes it that much more awesome!

GrapevineSooner
9/3/2009, 07:40 AM
I don't care how much my kid might be acting out in public.

YOU. DON'T. GET. TO. LAY. A. FINGER. ON. HIM!

I probably wouldn't get to the fatal beat down stage that LAS is suggesting would happen if it was just my kid and I.

If my wife or another relative were with us, sure :)

Hot Rod
9/3/2009, 07:41 AM

I had a lady actually lean to push my kid out of the way at shoe store once. He wasn't doing anything, but just trying to decide which shoes he liked. Instead of walking around or saying excuse me, she decided to move him with a nudge for her convenience. I told her that she better not do that again. She rolled her eyes, so I went over to where she was looking at shoes and nudged her. She got my point!

tbl
9/3/2009, 08:03 AM
I was watching this on the news last night. You ought to see that dude on TV. Much more gruff and grizzled than the pic showed.

As a parent of 5, 3, and 1 year old kids that does not spare the rod, I know that sometimes kids just act foolish (especially 2 year olds), and it has nothing to do with the parents disciplinary problems. It doesn't happen with me much (and never in public), but they tend to get a little more crazy when it's just Mom. My wife has had to leave a car full of groceries in the store b/c my son was acting like a fool. When she got to the car, things got ugly for his bottom real quick, but that's not to say he wasn't acting like a maniac while in the store.

That said, some dude EVER approaches my kids with a threat or attempts to touch them, I'll drag him out to my car where the ping pong paddle awaits and straighten him out... with my fist.

yermom
9/3/2009, 09:43 AM
although, if this was in a movie theater, mom and kid are both fair game ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
9/3/2009, 09:45 AM
I would beat the **** out of that dude...and then drop my pants and **** on him while he laid on the floor

Viking Kitten
9/3/2009, 09:58 AM
IMHO, it probably should have been the parent that got slapped as it seems that some parents need it this day and age.

Slapped for what? Because the kid was crying? Ummm...newsflash here, kids cry sometimes. Even the best-behaved kids have bad days, especially two-year-olds. For all any of us know, the kid was sick, and the mom was at Wal Mart buying her medicine. How about kindly asking the mom if she needed any help, since she was probably stressed out by the kid crying too.

Any grumpy old f**k who ever laid a hand on my kid would draw back a bloody stump. Had I been a witness to this particular incident, I would have body slammed the guy to the ground and made sure he stayed there until police arrived.

I hope like hell you're kidding about not understanding why this is a crime.

soonervegas
9/3/2009, 10:09 AM
I used to get really irritated when I was in college about parents "who couldn't control their crying kid"

Now when I see it I just laugh thinking to myself "been there"

and Ditto on the 2 yr olds. I have one right now and he is on his own planet at the present time.

Tailwind
9/3/2009, 10:28 AM
If you don't like crying kids in Walmart, don't go there when there's bound to be a couple. Our walmart is open 24 hrs.

Partial Qualifier
9/3/2009, 10:34 AM
I used to get really irritated when I was in college about parents "who couldn't control their crying kid"

Now when I see it I just laugh thinking to myself "been there"

Me too. Now I'm all "oh, where is that cute little voice coming from?", all concerned & stuff. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
9/3/2009, 11:03 AM
i WOULD MORE than welcome somebody to try and slap me because my kid is crying...

Scott D
9/3/2009, 11:25 AM
my pimp hand is strong step.

TMcGee86
9/3/2009, 11:27 AM
Funny how the old man didn't pick a kid with a Dad there when he got all high and mighty.

No, he mouths off to a lady and then slaps a little girl.

If it was my daughter, I would have killed him. I really think I would have lost and and killed the guy. And had it been my wife and I found out about it later, I would have been waiting outside the jail to have a little talk with gramps when he got released.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/3/2009, 11:58 AM
my pimp hand is strong step.

shooot....I would have to break out my baby powder

salth2o
9/3/2009, 12:07 PM
He may have seen the working end of my firearm. I would have taken his action as a threat to my child's life.

StoopTroup
9/4/2009, 06:27 AM
Hey SSC....maybe I forgot to put the ;) in my fixed comment. :D

You really don't wanna hurt little kids do you? :D ;)

KABOOKIE
9/4/2009, 05:31 PM
I would beat the **** out of that dude...and then drop my pants and **** on him while he laid on the floor

Ooooh. Hot Carl action at Wal-Marts.

StoopTroup
9/4/2009, 05:54 PM
Ooooh. Hot Carl action at Wal-Marts.

We got a clean up on aisle 9 ! ! !

SoonerStormchaser
9/4/2009, 06:03 PM
Hey SSC....maybe I forgot to put the ;) in my fixed comment. :D

You really don't wanna hurt little kids do you? :D ;)

Hell no, but admit it...you all have at least THOUGHT about smacking the **** out of an annoying crying baby in a store...or on a flight...etc.

Jacie
9/4/2009, 06:05 PM
The guy crossed the line and will pay for it.

Too bad for him poor parenting isn't a crime though.

TMcGee86
9/4/2009, 08:54 PM
Hell no, but admit it...you all have at least THOUGHT about smacking the **** out of an annoying crying baby in a store...or on a flight...etc.

A crying baby? Srsly? I can honestly say the thought has never crossed my mind.

Okla-homey
9/4/2009, 09:01 PM
A crying baby? Srsly? I can honestly say the thought has never crossed my mind.

Remember, he's not a father. That changes your perspective on this sort thing. If an adult not blood-related had hit my kid, unless she was her teacher, I'd prolly have killed that person. srsly.

StoopTroup
9/4/2009, 09:04 PM

Nope. Usually I lean towards the parent.

StoopTroup
9/4/2009, 09:05 PM
Remember, he's not a father. That changes your perspective on this sort thing. If an adult not blood-related had hit my kid, unless she was her teacher, I'd prolly have killed that person. srsly.

I'd definitely be on the front page with him.

Frozen Sooner
9/4/2009, 09:43 PM
Locking thread by request of OP.