PDA

View Full Version : Flight 666

Veritas
9/2/2009, 03:27 PM
I finished up a proposal early so I rewarded myself by opening up and watching the Iron Maiden Flight 666 documentary DVD I bought.

It's so kickass. I didn't think I could like Maiden more, but those guys are all just so cool and such the ****. I think even if you don't like Maiden or metal it would be interesting.

Up The Irons!

tommieharris91
9/2/2009, 03:47 PM
Here ya go.

u5Snehl2bAk

delhalew
9/2/2009, 04:36 PM
Very interested in seeing this.

StoopTroup
9/2/2009, 05:07 PM
Buncha drug addicts. :D ;)

King Crimson
9/2/2009, 07:51 PM
i'd like to see it; but, really i feel obligated anytime Iron Maiden comes up to mention the single greatest quote about Sting of the all-times.

"Sting acts like he's the only person who ever read a book".

--Bruce Dickinson.

picasso
9/2/2009, 08:27 PM
heh, I remember you posting that quote.

Run to the hills was a good one but I have a problem with a band that has 20 ft. mascot.;)

bluedogok
9/2/2009, 11:34 PM
I saw the Blu-ray the other day and almost picked it up. They have been running a Maiden concert program on Palladia.

starclassic tama
9/3/2009, 02:33 AM
best thread on the SO

Veritas
9/3/2009, 08:25 AM
i'd like to see it; but, really i feel obligated anytime Iron Maiden comes up to mention the single greatest quote about Sting of the all-times.

"Sting acts like he's the only person who ever read a book".

--Bruce Dickinson.
Lol, that's awesome. Bruce Dickinson is on my top 5 list of famous people I'd have a beer with.

the_ouskull
9/3/2009, 11:21 AM
Yep. He is. H*ll, I even liked Tattooed Millionaire. I saw Flight 666 a while back and then promptly went out and bought it. It's pure greatness. A friend of mine bought me a fairly expensive metal magazine (one of those that cost like, $15, but always have sample CD's in them) that had a feature story on the tour, and Bruce flying them around and stuff. It was a good read. Great band. Great, great f*ckin' band.

the_ouskull

bluedogok
9/3/2009, 11:05 PM
I saw them on The Number of The Beast tour in 1983...opening for 38 Special at the LNC. I went to see Maiden but 38 Special was good as well.

Crucifax Autumn
9/4/2009, 02:31 AM
Maiden is the greatest metal band of all time.

I wouldn't mind having a beer with Bruce either, though I did meet Steve during the Seventh Son tour. Coolest guy ever.

Taxman71
9/4/2009, 09:16 AM
I would just like to add that I can shred The Trooper on Guitar Hero.

Crucifax Autumn
10/31/2009, 02:32 AM
Now that I finally saw the damned movie...

The Columbian kid crying after all the shat they showed before with the Marxist military ****ing with the kids is the most touching and meaningful moment. amazing the crap these people all over the world go through to enjoy the release they get from a Maiden show.

I actually recommend this to non-Maiden fans as much as fans. No matterwhat the media and pop cultre says, these guys are the bigest thing since the Beatles and they'd been doing it since 1976...1980 if you count album releases as their "real" start.

50,000 miles in a bit over a month...wow...and the singer flying the band, crew, and equipment!

Crucifax Autumn
10/31/2009, 02:35 AM
Just posting a link so you can follow the entire movie...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6VzJ9FvS9Q

Crucifax Autumn
10/31/2009, 02:36 AM
On a side note, just watched Dickinson's movie "Chemical Wedding" or "Crowley" as it was released in the U.S.

I recommend it to "smart" horror fans. Very different.

Crucifax Autumn
10/31/2009, 02:38 AM
Dude's a pilot (big planes), a novelist, a screenwriter, a fencer, a guitarist, and a singer...

StoopTroup
10/31/2009, 05:35 AM
I take it you liked it. :D

StoopTroup
10/31/2009, 06:58 AM
BTW...I took some time this morning to watch PART ONE.

It's a great idea. I have not only worked on the 757, I've modified the Winglets on one. What they were doing with all the equipment and seating for all the crew had to be calculated and approved. They really went through a lot to make this happen.

It reminds me of a joke. Some years back...the Pope came to America. They converted a Boeing 757 for his personal use while here. They put his private quarters up front where the others had to walk through to get to the back of the plane. We wondered why they didn't just put the quarters in the rear of the plane to give him more privacy. The reason we were told was that the Holy Water Bed would make the plane tail heavy.

Thank you very much...I'm here 7 days a week. Well...usually. :D

tulsaoilerfan
10/31/2009, 11:56 AM
Bruce Dickinson has an amazing voice and i've always thought that video was hilarious, but can you imagine the controversy if a band did a video like that in today's PC society? :)

SoonerLaw09
10/31/2009, 12:59 PM
I must get this. I dig me some Maiden. Saw them at LNC on the Somewhere in Time tour.

My Southern-Baptist-raised wife may look at me funny when she sees the title, but since I grew up as a mongrel when it comes to church-going (my parents were hoppers), I doesn't much cotton to all that "Number of the Beast" stuff. :D

SoonerLaw09
10/31/2009, 01:01 PM
Any Maiden fan should also download from iTunes Opeth's version of Remember Tomorrow. It kicketh much ***.

Crucifax Autumn
11/1/2009, 02:32 AM
Opeth ****in rocks!