PDA

View Full Version : OU-BYU Sign Ideas??

jharkins
9/2/2009, 02:13 PM
Anyone have any ideas for signs inside Jerry-world? All I can think of is

"Cowboys Stadium, Home of The Screen Monster" - (credit The Ticket radio station, Dallas)

or

"Jerry, are you taking reservations for 12/5 yet?"

The Cowboy's Guest Info can be found at
http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/guests/guestInfo.cfm

Banners and Signs

Signs must be handheld, event-related, in good taste and cannot obstruct another guest's view. They may not contain commercial messages, logos or political endorsements and may not be hung on the stadium structure. Signs on poles or sticks, constructed of wood or metal material, are also not permitted. Management reserves the right to confiscate signs that are in violation of stadium policy.

beer4me
9/2/2009, 02:17 PM
Beat
You
Ugly

sooner_in_noble
9/2/2009, 02:24 PM
Better have
Your
magic Underwear!!

w0lfe
9/2/2009, 02:25 PM
Bring
Your
Urns

meoveryouxinfinity
9/2/2009, 02:44 PM
Dallas:
September [ X ]
October [ ]
December [ ]

IronHorseSooner
9/2/2009, 02:47 PM
^^^^Right here!

Cougarfan3
9/2/2009, 02:50 PM
"Oklahoma is the 3rd best team in the Big 12"

Because signs that are true are always the best!

OK2U
9/2/2009, 02:51 PM
combine any one of the hilarious one-liners from the Bronco Mendenhall thread with one of these photos:
http://www.deseretnews.com/photos/midres/1588561.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3052/2813301714_cc60909fb0.jpg

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/2/2009, 02:52 PM
Bring
Your
Umpteen Wives with you!

jharkins
9/2/2009, 02:53 PM
Dallas:
September [ X ]
October [ ]
December [ ]

Thats $$$$.

4everasooner
9/2/2009, 03:00 PM
I like that one.

Cougarfan3
9/2/2009, 03:10 PM
How about:

"Why do you idiots keep yelling boomer?"

beer4me
9/2/2009, 03:13 PM
How about:

Well finally some smack talk from the utes :D :D :D

starclassic tama
9/2/2009, 03:15 PM
softball league smack

but then again if you are a BYU fan what are you going to say

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 03:16 PM
How about:

SOOONER!

badger
9/2/2009, 03:17 PM
"BYU is the 3rd best team in a mid-major conference"

Because signs that are true are always the best!

How about:

"Why do you idiots call yourselves a Cougar?"

:pop:

NormanPride
9/2/2009, 03:18 PM
FREE
MIKE

JLEW1818
9/2/2009, 03:19 PM
Dallas:
September [ X ]
October [ ]
December [ ]

you win!

lock thread :D

Jello Biafra
9/2/2009, 03:21 PM
How about:

and the sign on the opposite sign will read...for the same reason U dumbassses have white people doing the huku....

OUMallen
9/2/2009, 03:24 PM
I'm following up this caffeine with some alcohol and it be GOOOOOD!

Jello Biafra
9/2/2009, 03:25 PM
red bull and vodka = another mountain west beat down..

meoveryouxinfinity
9/2/2009, 03:26 PM
How about:

Because we always do it after every TD!
And we will be scoring a lot.

JLEW1818
9/2/2009, 03:27 PM
JUST IN

BYU SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hot Rod
9/2/2009, 03:28 PM
Airplane tickets = $500

Game tickets = $300

Enjoying Jerry's world with my wife/sister = Priceless!

Jello Biafra
9/2/2009, 03:28 PM
Because we always do it after every TD!
And we will be scoring a lot.

i feel sorry for those girls legs....jesus and the rookie ponies...they'll be running thier assses off.

beer4me
9/2/2009, 03:29 PM
i feel sorry for those girls legs....jesus and the rookie ponies...they'll be running thier assses off.

Yea but those rookie ponies are young they can take it;)

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/2/2009, 03:34 PM
Which has more?

OU touchdowns or number of wives the qb has?

SoonerPr8r
9/2/2009, 04:16 PM
FREE
MIKE
^^^This
Maybe even
The Boz was right!

En_Fuego
9/2/2009, 04:40 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s138/persaus_photo/big_love.jpg

Breadburner
9/2/2009, 04:57 PM
Hi Moms..!

BoomerSoonerGoOU
9/2/2009, 05:00 PM
you win!

lock thread :D

FAIL

Cowboys Stadium is in Arlington, not Dallas.

JLEW1818
9/2/2009, 05:00 PM
Hi Moms..!

:D :D

jdsooner
9/2/2009, 05:09 PM
Beat the Hell Out of the Mormons!

meoveryouxinfinity
9/2/2009, 05:42 PM
FAIL

OH come one nobody is *REALLY* from Dallas.

Where ya from?
-Dallas
Where?
-Grapevine

NCSooner18
9/2/2009, 06:18 PM
Fairly obvious and not the least bit original....

BYWho?

SeattleOUstudent
9/2/2009, 06:21 PM
FAIL

Yep, Thats why they are called the Arlington Cowboys. :cool:

Boomer38Sooner
9/2/2009, 08:30 PM
FREE MIKE has got to be the best one I have seen so far. if i was going thats what i would make!

SoonerObsession
9/2/2009, 09:17 PM
Go Sooners...Beat the hot older women that have a lot of spunk!

I got nothing.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/2/2009, 11:46 PM
Get a brain! Mormans

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/3/2009, 07:25 AM
Get a brain! Mormans

Nice!!!!

soonerborn30
9/3/2009, 08:29 AM
Ummm...

Every
Sooner
Pounds
mormoNs

beer4me
9/3/2009, 08:32 AM
Ummm...

Every
Sooner
Pounds
mormoNs

That somehow just don't sound right ;) :D :D

Desert Sapper
9/3/2009, 09:18 AM
Never
Care
About
Athletes

Let Mike Play, you Mother****ers.

Statalyzer
9/3/2009, 11:55 AM
Dallas:
September [ X ]
October [ ]
December [ ]

The Cotton Bowl is in January. :p

SoonerInFortSmith
9/3/2009, 12:05 PM

We're not going to the Cotton Bowl. You need to make that sign for a whorns game if you want January on there.

SoonerInFortSmith
9/3/2009, 12:06 PM
"The Book of Norman says OU will win it all this year!"
or
"I believe in the Book of Norman."

SoonerAficionadOU
9/3/2009, 12:24 PM
"Norman > Mormon"? Heh, I'm spending the day in the auto shop and passport office, so I'll keep thinking...

Hot Rod
9/3/2009, 12:51 PM
Sooners > Latters

meoveryouxinfinity
9/3/2009, 01:08 PM
Sooners > Latters

lmao all the recent ones are :P

kustang619
9/3/2009, 01:12 PM
You know what is good about being a Mormon?

NOTHING!!!

Petro-Sooner
9/3/2009, 01:16 PM
You guys are harsh!

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 01:18 PM
You know what is good about being a Mormon?

NOTHING!!!

:gary:

Blitzkrieg
9/3/2009, 02:03 PM
Bronco's
Yellow
Undies

KRYPTON
9/3/2009, 02:07 PM
AVENGE MOUNTAIN MEADOWS!

BoomerSooner, esq.
9/3/2009, 02:27 PM
Dallas:
September [ X ]
October [ ]
December [ ]

Winner.

SeattleOUstudent
9/3/2009, 02:32 PM

Think Big 12 Champ. game. Good try, though. :rolleyes:

Lott's Bandana
9/3/2009, 02:34 PM
Our
Temple
Has
Grass!

47straight
9/3/2009, 02:50 PM
combine any one of the hilarious one-liners from the Bronco Mendenhall thread with one of these photos:

I loved that guy on the TV show Coach.

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 03:03 PM
Our
Temple
Has
Grass!

So do ours. http://www.ldsplates.com/heirloom_images/hawaii550.jpg

http://tommcmahon.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/ldssd2.jpg

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 03:08 PM
Ummm...

Every
Sooner
Pounds
mormoNs

Perhaps you're a descendant of the man who issued the extermination order?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extermination_order
And before you laugh--remember that many good Mormon folks had ancestors that were murdered by people in this region. This is not to say that Mormons never did anything bad. They did. But I don't think it's right to make this about beating Mormons. Why can't it be about beating Cougars? Next time OU recruits a Mormon kid, I hope they reference this board and remind the kid what kind of fans they'll be playing for.

picasso
9/3/2009, 03:10 PM
I GOTTA POOP!

picasso
9/3/2009, 03:13 PM

They're still wearing tapered jeans in Utah?

cjames317
9/3/2009, 03:21 PM
Cougars Go Down!

soonerborn30
9/3/2009, 03:28 PM
And before you laugh--remember that many good Mormon folks had ancestors that were murdered by people in this region. This is not to say that Mormons never did anything bad. They did. But I don't think it's right to make this about beating Mormons. Why can't it be about beating Cougars? Next time OU recruits a Mormon kid, I hope they reference this board and remind the kid what kind of fans they'll be playing for.

Not trying to start a comparative religion class debate. It's just a sign, dude. Of all the foul things people have said you picked that out. And besides, there's no N in Cougars.

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 03:31 PM
Not trying to start a comparative religion class debate. It's just a sign, dude. Of all the foul things people have said you picked that out. And besides, there's no N in Cougars.

This isn't about comparative religion. It's about whether it should be acceptable to make this about beating the Mormons instead of beating the Cougars.

If you were playing TCU, would you make a sign about killing or pounding the Christians? What if you were playing a Jewish University (hypothetically speaking) or a historically black university?

Collier11
9/3/2009, 03:32 PM
Joseph Smith was just so ridiculous though :D

picasso
9/3/2009, 03:34 PM
This isn't about comparative religion. It's about whether it should be acceptable to make this about beating the Mormons instead of beating the Cougars.

If you were playing TCU, would you make a sign about killing or pounding the Christians?

I'm not sure there's as many practicing Christians on TCU, Baylor, Duke, etc.. compared to that of BYU. Just sayin.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/3/2009, 03:34 PM
no but if were playing ND we'll make jokes about the catholics

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 03:35 PM
no but if were playing ND we'll make jokes about the catholics

Right, because it's acceptable in this region. I'm saying that it shouldn't be acceptable. It's a sign of the collective ignorance and backwardness of the region.

picasso
9/3/2009, 03:38 PM
Right, because it's acceptable in this region. I'm saying that it shouldn't be acceptable. It's a sign of the collective ignorance and backwardness of the region.

yes, place is full of backwardness. unlike Utah.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/3/2009, 03:39 PM

Grow a pair.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/3/2009, 03:39 PM

My thoughts exactly!

picasso
9/3/2009, 03:40 PM
and when we play any team from either coast they think we're living in tipis and corn is our main source of food.
such high upward thinking. cosmopolitan even.

Jello Biafra
9/3/2009, 03:44 PM
if we were playing the fightin whiteys, we would make fun of them...you really don't want to go to the "historically black" school route. trust me.

Crucifax Autumn
Nothing on this page makes for a good sign.

SoonerCoug

Have you lived in both states? I have spent about 1/3rd of my life in Oklahoma and 2/3rds in Utah. If you want to just look at the data, Utah ranks well ahead of Oklahoma in every education category there is from literacy and high school graduation rate to college and advanced degrees. It's not even close.

Jello Biafra
9/3/2009, 03:46 PM

we've only just begun to fight. if you struggle, you will simply die tired.

Gresho Murford
9/3/2009, 03:46 PM
Have you lived in both states? I have spent about 1/3rd of my life in Oklahoma and 2/3rds in Utah. If you want to just look at the data, Utah ranks well ahead of Oklahoma in every education category there is from literacy and high school graduation rate to college and advanced degrees. It's not even close.

i might get **** for this but im guessing there are more minorities in Ok than in Utah.

Jello Biafra
9/3/2009, 03:47 PM

THERE'S what we've been waiting for......the education smack...now the gloves are off....lol

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 03:47 PM
Like I've said before, I'd rather be on the losing side of this battle than be on the side that's going to chant "F!@# the Mormons." It happens all the time when we play BCS schools.

picasso
9/3/2009, 03:48 PM

wow, you mean having a smaller amount of rural area really does mean something?

Thanks for the education Coug.

Collier11
9/3/2009, 03:48 PM
Nothing on this page makes for a good sign.

This one, itll keep em thinking

Gresho Murford
9/3/2009, 03:49 PM
Like I've said before, I'd rather be on the losing side of this battle than be on the side that's going to chant "F!@# the Mormons." It happens all the time when we play BCS schools.

i highly doubt that happens.

Hot Rod
9/3/2009, 03:49 PM
And we've officially switched off of college football...

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 03:52 PM
Listen people--ever since I moved to Oklahoma 8 years ago, I have gotten constant grief from local people over the fact that I happen to be a Mormon, even though I'm not a very religious person.

Ignorance leads to fear and fear leads to hate. I would never claim that Mormonism is perfect or that Mormons haven't done bad things in the past. But generally Mormons are good, kind people. I think Okies are also generally good, kind people. Unfortunately, ignorance, misinformation, and fear of the unknown sometimes leads to hate. I think it would be wise to just keep the Mormon stuff off your signs.

If you're going to hate somebody this weekend--hate the Cougars. Don't make it about religion.

Jello Biafra
9/3/2009, 03:53 PM
yep....saturday night can't get here fast enough.

Jello Biafra
9/3/2009, 03:54 PM
Listen people--ever since I moved to Oklahoma 8 years ago, I have gotten constant grief from local people over the fact that I happen to be a Mormon, even though I'm not a very religious person.

Ignorance leads to fear and fear leads to hate. I would never claim that Mormonism is perfect or that Mormons haven't done bad things in the past. But generally Mormons are good, kind people. I think Okies are also generally good, kind people. Unfortunately, ignorance, misinformation, and fear of the unknown sometimes leads to hate. I think it would be wise to just keep the Mormon stuff off your signs.

If you're going to hate somebody this weekend--hate the Cougars. Don't make it about religion.

someone is a little touchy about religion for not being a religious person

Gresho Murford
9/3/2009, 03:54 PM

wow, you are taking everything way to seriously.

Hot Rod
9/3/2009, 03:55 PM

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. I would never claim that Mormonism is perfect or that Mormons haven't done bad things in the past. But generally Mormons are good, kind people. I think Okies are also generally good, kind people. Unfortunately, ignorance, misinformation, and fear of the unknown sometimes leads to hate. I think it would be wise to just keep the Mormon stuff off your signs.

I don't hate the Cougars.

picasso
9/3/2009, 03:57 PM
hey man, we're just having fun. I highly doubt you will run into any groups of Mormon haters when you visit Norman or even the game this weekend in Dallas.

Good luck.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/3/2009, 03:59 PM
i highly doubt that happens.

With no real organized student section, I agree.

Actually probably NO chance.

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 03:59 PM
someone is a little touchy about religion for not being a religious person

It's my heritage.

I have never heard one negative thing about another religion when I have attended Mormon Church.

If you were Mormon and almost every time you played a BCS school on the road they began chanting F!@# the Mormons, would you be sensitive to that? What if your ancestors had been shot and killed over their faith?

Like I said: ignorance leads to fear, and fear leads to hate. Keep the "Mormon" stuff off your signs. Not cool.

Blitzkrieg
9/3/2009, 04:01 PM

Quick, run, it's the fashion police!

soonerborn30

If you were playing TCU, would you make a sign about killing or pounding the Christians? What if you were playing a Jewish University (hypothetically speaking) or a historically black university?

You're misunderstanding me here. Comparitive Religion is an entry level course taught at most universities that teach them about the different religions in the world.

Your assertion that I believe it's actually OK to "pound" Mormons is silly. Your assumption that it's because I come from an uneducated or backwards background is silly at best, and flat-ignorant at worst.

I'll restate: It's just a sign dude. It's just like all the others that make fun of the polygamy angle and everything else. Come on, man. They're just jokes.

SoonerCoug
I don't hate the Cougars.

Why did you quote me and then edit my quote? Also, you changed a complete sentence to an incomplete sentence. I guess that's par for the course.

Gresho Murford
9/3/2009, 04:02 PM
It's my heritage.

I have never heard one negative thing about another religion when I have attended Mormon Church.

If you were Mormon and almost every time you played a BCS school on the road they began chanting F!@# the Mormons, would you be sensitive to that? What if your ancestors had been shot and killed over their faith?

Like I said: ignorance leads to fear, and fear leads to hate. Keep the "Mormon" stuff off your signs. Not cool.

take a chill pill. Its all in fun. We Are Going To Beat the Mormons! Oh man I am such a terrible person for saying that. and we get it with your jedi saying. IT IS A FOOTBALL GAME!

Blitzkrieg
9/3/2009, 04:05 PM
It's my heritage.

What if your ancestors had been shot and killed over their faith?

Everyones ancestors were killed over their faith at some point or another. We're just going to smoke your arse on the football field saturday night.

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 04:06 PM
Everyones ancestors were killed over their faith at some point or another.

Not in America. And no other religion has actually had an extermination order issued against it in this country.

Jello Biafra
9/3/2009, 04:06 PM
What if your ancestors had been shot and killed over their faith?

im a semi-catholic...get the point?

ever heard of the spanish inquisition?

take a pill.

Jello Biafra
9/3/2009, 04:07 PM
to "pound" Mormons .

there are SOME mormons i would pound... specially with a few brews eating at my stomach lining.

Gresho Murford
9/3/2009, 04:08 PM
Not in America. And no other religion has actually had an extermination order issued against it in this country.

why the hell does it matter if it was in this country?Get over yourself and start talking football or leave

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 04:15 PM
why the hell does it matter if it was in this country?Get over yourself and start talking football or leave

It matters because it wasn't all that long ago. It also matters because to this day pastors at churches all over this state spew hateful lies about Mormons. It also matters because this board has consistently mocked Mormonism. I don't really believe in Mormonism myself, but I do sincerely believe in respecting all faiths and cultures.

My very first day as a graduate student at OU, I had medical and graduate students repeating the most laughable things about Mormons that they had "learned at church." A PhD student actually asked me if I was a descendant of Joseph Smith because he "saw a video about Mormons at church" and was told by his pastor that all Mormons are all direct descendants of Joseph Smith. This was a very smart guy, but even he had been misled.

kbsooner21
9/3/2009, 04:17 PM
How's this for a sign.

SoonerCoug is a b*tch just like all 8 of his wives! :D

Gresho Murford
9/3/2009, 04:18 PM
It matters because it wasn't all that long ago. It also matters because to this day pastors at churches all over this state spew hateful lies about Mormons. It also matters because this board has consistently mocked Mormonism.
Jews/Catholics/etc were being killed not that long ago either. Again move on. Yes we are mocking mormonism on a football board. Its all in good fun. It is a football board.

My very first day as a graduate student at OU, I had medical and graduate students repeating the most laughable things about Mormons that they had "learned at church." A PhD student actually asked me if I was a descendant of Joseph Smith because he "saw a video about Mormons at church" and was told by his pastor that all Mormons are all direct descendants of Joseph Smith. This was a very smart guy, but even he had been misled.

I highly highly doubt that churches all over the state waste their time down grading mormons. Im sure some do. But you are making generalizations.

Howzit
9/3/2009, 04:18 PM
You want offensive?

How's about:

OU, KICKIN THEIR FAIRY TALES!!!

'cause...see...that questions both beliefs AND sexual persuasion.

I'm here to help.

Howzit
9/3/2009, 04:19 PM
Was that over the top?

RFH Shakes
9/3/2009, 04:21 PM
THERE'S what we've been waiting for......the education smack...now the black ties are off....lol

Fixed

SoonerCoug
How's this for a sign.

SoonerCoug is a b*tch just like all 8 of his wives! :D

I'm OK with that one. Make that sign, and I'll come shake your hand during the game.

Gresho Murford
Fixed

:eek: oh ****

Gresho Murford
9/3/2009, 04:22 PM
I'm OK with that one. Make that sign, and I'll come shake your hand during the game.

sounds like someone is pretty touchy over his wives

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 04:24 PM

My wife is an uncivilized Sooner fan and a Mormon atheist, and she'd be the first to kick the *** of whomever makes that sign. I'd laugh about it.

Jello Biafra
9/3/2009, 04:27 PM

if i know MY wife, hes going to make a hand shake agreement that he takes one of those 8 off of his hands....

gresh, FU with a stick. i just thought about it and you **** me off. lol you show up a week ago and greshamns now hurt and half the board is calling lid to certify thier suicide pacts.

Gresho Murford
9/3/2009, 04:27 PM
what is a mormon atheist

Gresho Murford
9/3/2009, 04:29 PM
if i know MY wife, hes going to make a hand shake agreement that he takes one of those 8 off of his hands....

gresh, FU with a stick. i just thought about it and you **** me off. lol you show up a week ago and greshamns now hurt and half the board is calling lid to certify thier suicide pacts.

**** I didn't even think about that. I should probably change my name seeing how it is a combination of Gresham, Murray, and Sam

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 04:29 PM
what is a mormon atheist

She affiliates herself with Mormonism and loves Mormon culture, but she does not actually believe in God.

Jello Biafra
9/3/2009, 04:32 PM
She affiliates herself with Mormonism and loves Mormon culture, but she does not actually believe in God.

seeeee coug, she loves morons but is a sooner fan....hows that work?

for what its worth, tell her to look up agnostic in wiki and find out if she is a true atheist...

Jello Biafra
9/3/2009, 04:34 PM
**** I didn't even think about that. I should probably change my name seeing how it is a combination of Gresham, Murray, and Sam

oh snap!

change that fuggin handle ASAP>>> mods this needs to go off without a hitch. ban him ;)

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 04:35 PM
seeeee coug, she loves morons but is a sooner fan....hows that work?

for what its worth, tell her to look up agnostic in wiki and find out if she is a true atheist...

Atheism is the position that deities do not exist. She is an atheist.

Gresho Murford
9/3/2009, 04:37 PM
i must really be an asshat if I am in red and this goober is still in green

RedstickSooner
9/3/2009, 04:37 PM
"My other wife is rooting for OU!"

(You'd have to dress up as a BYU fan for it to work right, sadly.)

Gresho Murford
9/3/2009, 04:38 PM
"My other wife is rooting for OU!"

(You'd have to dress up as a BYU fan for it to work right, sadly.)

Jello Biafra
9/3/2009, 04:45 PM
i must really be an asshat if I am in red and this goober is still in green

roflmao...NOW you get it

Jello Biafra
9/3/2009, 04:47 PM

says you...SHE is a sooner fan and can speak for herself...
speaking of which, how tha fugg did you get into OU? there is a question on the app that asks if you are a mormon.

olevetonahill
9/3/2009, 04:47 PM

You really think this way ?

You just hang out on the wrong bars:P

Just because a few posters have said something that you took offense to, Thats Not the entire Fan base

It's my heritage.

Its not your place to police our fans signs

:eek:

Lott's Bandana
9/3/2009, 04:49 PM
Vet gettin out his Sharpie!

Crucifax Autumn
9/3/2009, 04:53 PM
Vet gettin out his Sharpie!

Takin' down names!

SoonerAficionadOU
9/3/2009, 04:54 PM
"We have more Championships that you have wives!" Sorry Coug, but you gave me that idea. :D

As for Mormonism/signs/etc, we will find the most ridiculous aspect of any program and poke fun at it. For Brigham Young University, a school completely un-noteworthy to the rest of the world apart from their LDS association, Mormonism is so glaringly obviously that aspect!

Jello Biafra
9/3/2009, 04:56 PM
"We have more Championships that you have wives!" Sorry Coug, but you gave me that idea. :D

As for Mormonism/signs/etc, we will find the most ridiculous aspect of any program and poke fun at it. For Brigham Young University, a school completely un-noteworthy to the rest of the world apart from their LDS association, Mormonism is so glaringly obviously that aspect!

sticky this post. winner winner chicken dinner....

Hot Rod
9/3/2009, 04:57 PM
Why did you quote me and then edit my quote?

Because I can!

Also, you changed a complete sentence to an incomplete sentence. I guess that's par for the course.

Blame that crap on Lucas. I didn't make up that line.

Someone is getting a little upset now aren't they? Looking for other outs on trying to make us look bad?

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 04:57 PM
For Brigham Young University, a school completely un-noteworthy to the rest of the world apart from their LDS association, Mormonism is so glaringly obviously that aspect!

Since US News ranks BYU 71st in academics and OU 102nd (despite the fact that BYU doesn't completely disclose its vast financial resources), what does your post say about OU?

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 04:59 PM
Someone is getting a little upset now aren't they? Looking for other outs on trying to make us look bad?

Sorry to pick on you. I've just noticed that many OU fans seem to have a problem with grammar, spelling, capitalization, and punctuation. Maybe that will change now that Oklahoma has instituted the "Lottery for Education."

Hot Rod
9/3/2009, 05:00 PM
what is a mormon atheist

A fence rider. See SEC fan definition.

olevetonahill
9/3/2009, 05:02 PM
Sorry to pick on you. I've just noticed that many OU fans seem to have a problem with grammar, spelling, capitalization, and punctuation. Maybe that will change now that Oklahoma has instituted the "Lottery for Education."

We talkin Smack here, Not writin a ****ing thesis :rolleyes:

Jello Biafra
9/3/2009, 05:06 PM
Since US News ranks BYU 71st in academics and OU 102nd (despite the fact that BYU doesn't completely disclose its vast financial resources), what does your post say about OU?

woohooo our retards can beat up your polygamous retards

picasso
9/3/2009, 05:08 PM

yes, sports message boards are such a bastion of fine grammar and men of letters.

get over yourself man.

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 05:10 PM
yes, sports message boards are such a bastion of fine grammar and men of letters.

get over yourself man.

I don't care what kind of board this is. How difficult is it to write at an 8th-grade level?

starclassic tama
9/3/2009, 05:11 PM
yeah, it is REALLY important to capitalize your posts when talking about football on a message board. text messages also!

picasso
9/3/2009, 05:11 PM
I don't care what kind of board this is. How difficult is it to write at an 8th-grade level?

I dunno, you tell me smart guy. I'm sure hoping the teams don't have a spelling contest.

picasso
9/3/2009, 05:12 PM
If you stop now, I'll bring back the sun.

Hot Rod
9/3/2009, 05:13 PM
We've went to games signs, to religion, and (now, if you're just joining us) proper grammar. Let's see what topic comes up next.

picasso
9/3/2009, 05:14 PM

so basically she wants all of the benefits of a community without having to adhere to any of the rules.

nice!

Hot Rod
9/3/2009, 05:14 PM
If you stop now, I'll bring back the sun.

Do you have a picture of your sister? ;)

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 05:17 PM
We've went to games signs, to religion, and (now, if you're just joining us) proper grammar. Let's see what topic comes up next.

Here's a summary:

1) The suggested signs were about religion.
2) I responded by calling people out and saying that making bigoted comments about religion is classless.
3) Sooner fans responded by saying that BYU is not known for anything except Mormonism. Many Sooner responses are written with poor grammar and multiple spelling and/or punctuation errors.
4) I pointed out that BYU has a much better academic reputation than OU. I would not exchange this for a better football team. I hope we win anyway, but I'm sure we won't.

Hot Rod
9/3/2009, 05:18 PM

This coming from a guy whose team only has 1 letter on their helmet, from the school, B-Y-U.

SoonerCoug
so basically she wants all of the benefits of a community without having to adhere to any of the rules.

nice!

No, she lives by the rules. She's never even tried alcohol. She just doesn't believe in God.

JLEW1818
"SoonerCoug sucks"

that's what mine will say, make sure u watch

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 05:19 PM
This coming from a guy who's team only has 1 letter on their helmet, from the school, B-Y-U.

"The Y" is the school's nickname. It's a reference to the Y on the mountain next to BYU.

http://www2.et.byu.edu/~bartc/Pictures/BYU%20Campus/BYU_Maeser-blg&Y.jpg

http://www.summitpost.org/images/medium/350534.JPG

http://www.byu.edu/hr/files/images/maeser.gif

Crucifax Autumn
9/3/2009, 05:23 PM
I laugh at that Y every time we go to Utah to see the wife's relatives.

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 05:24 PM
"SoonerCoug sucks"

that's what mine will say, make sure u watch

I'll bet you I'm the only person on this board to have degrees from both schools. I have two bachelor's degrees from BYU, and a PhD and professional degree from OU. Having attended both institutions, I choose to cheer for BYU. I'm pretty sure that I'm the only person here that can objectively compare the two schools as academic institutions.

Crucifax Autumn
9/3/2009, 05:26 PM
I'm gonna objectively watch the Y get their collective *** kicked Saturday.

starclassic tama
9/3/2009, 05:26 PM
so why didn't you get your PhD at an academically superior institute like BYU?

Hot Rod
9/3/2009, 05:27 PM
Here's a summary:

1) The suggested signs were about religion.

Because BYU is named after the state or city it's in?

2) I responded by calling people out and saying that making bigoted comments about religion is classless.

Yeah, it can be but again, it's really all in good fun and truly not malicious. College football can do that to all fans.

3) Sooner fans responded by saying that BYU is not known for anything except Mormonism. Many Sooner responses are written with poor grammar and multiple spelling and/or punctuation errors.

See my response to #1, and who cares, this isn't a term paper.

4) I pointed out that BYU has a much better academic reputation than OU. I would not exchange this for a better football team. I hope we win anyway, but I'm sure we won't.

And finally, you changed the subject instead of leaving the boards, because you looked for an up against the State of Oklahoma and OU. I hope it's a good game regardless.

redhawk49
9/3/2009, 05:29 PM

I doubt you'll find anyone on campus that hates a cougar!

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 05:29 PM
so why didn't you get your PhD at an academically superior institute like BYU?

BYU does not have a medical school. I came here mostly because I was married to an Okie, and she wanted to live near her family. I have since divorced and married a different Okie. Only one wife at a time--it's been the rule since 1890.

SoonerBacker
9/3/2009, 05:31 PM
"The Y" is the school's nickname. It's a reference to the Y on the mountain next to BYU.

http://www2.et.byu.edu/~bartc/Pictures/BYU%20Campus/BYU_Maeser-blg&Y.jpg

http://www.summitpost.org/images/medium/350534.JPG

http://www.byu.edu/hr/files/images/maeser.gif

And why did they only put a Y on the mountain? Perhaps they forgot the B and the U?

As to the grammar,etc - drop it! When people are typing, either on this type of board or texting, it is easy to make a typo. That does NOT mean that the person posting the message is ignorant or somehow inferior to you. Your references to your degrees and the assertion that you are somehow better qualified than anyone else to comment on a particular topic just makes you come across as an arrogant s.o.b.

Now, could we please just get back to FOOTBALL!!!!!

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 05:32 PM
I doubt you'll find anyone on campus that hates a cougar!

Right, so they have to use religion to generate enough hatred to "get up" for the game.

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 05:33 PM
Your references to your degrees and the assertion that you are somehow better qualified than anyone else to comment on a particular topic just makes you come across as an arrogant s.o.b.

My only point was that I have degrees from both schools and can compare the two.

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 05:36 PM
And why did they only put a Y on the mountain? Perhaps they forgot the B and the U?

As to the grammar,etc - drop it! When people are typing, either on this type of board or texting, it is easy to make a typo. That does NOT mean that the person posting the message is ignorant or somehow inferior to you. Your references to your degrees and the assertion that you are somehow better qualified than anyone else to comment on a particular topic just makes you come across as an arrogant s.o.b.

Now, could we please just get back to FOOTBALL!!!!!

The Y was placed in 1906 by high school students. They later abandoned their plans for a B and a U, and it has been "the Y" ever since.

OKLA21FAN
9/3/2009, 05:37 PM

hmmmm, I'd say many of these peeps from the 'Trial of Tears' would disagree with your premise. You can cry foul all you like, however people from Oklahoma have had to deal with similar crimes against their ancestors. You are not unique.

OKLA21FAN
9/3/2009, 05:37 PM
The Y was placed in 1906 by high school students. They later abandoned their plans for a B and a U, and it has been "the Y" ever since.

slackers :pop:

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 05:39 PM
hmmmm, I'd say many of these peeps from the 'Trial of Tears' would disagree with your premise. You can cry foul all you like, however people from Oklahoma have had to deal with similar crimes against their ancestors. You are not unique.

Point taken. I would also imagine that bigoted signs and comments about Native Americans or their religion would be unacceptable here.

Crucifax Autumn
9/3/2009, 05:40 PM
You have to marvel at how they made the Y so friggin' small. That's why BYU will never be for real. They just don't think big.

redhawk49
9/3/2009, 05:41 PM
How about-"We're gonna spank the cougars and beat the"Y". At least thats what I heard some frat boys say at the club last weekend.

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 05:42 PM
slackers :pop:

It is 380 feet high and 130 feet wide. No other university in the United States has a larger symbol. The Y is larger than the HOLLYWOOD sign in California.

I think it's horrible that they built the Y. I'm opposed to construction of any kind on mountains.

SoonerAficionadOU
9/3/2009, 05:43 PM
A doctor flappin' jaws with these ruffians?! Something is amiss!

And you know it's like quicksand: the more you struggle, the deeper you go.

OKLA21FAN
9/3/2009, 05:45 PM
It is 380 feet high and 130 feet wide. No other university in the United States has a larger symbol. The Y is larger than the HOLLYWOOD sign in California.

I think it's horrible that they built the Y. I'm opposed to construction of any kind on mountains.

really,
symbol???? pffffftttttt, I'll stick with 85,000+ fans raising one finger in the air in unison to symbolize the spirit of a university any day over a pile of rocks!

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 05:47 PM
really,
symbol???? pffffftttttt, I'll stick with 85,000+ fans raising one finger in the air in unison to symbolize the spirit of a university any day over a pile of rocks!

Well we have the entire nation of Tonga cheering for us.

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 05:48 PM

That is amazing.....

olevetonahill
9/3/2009, 05:48 PM
How about-"We're gonna spank the cougars and beat the"Y". At least thats what I heard some frat boys say at the club last weekend.

After we Kick their *** . Im gonna eat at the Y :hot:

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 05:49 PM
That is amazing.....

Yeah, I'm really just hoping that the BYU Haka isn't BYU's only highlight of the game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYFTbVI3sOA

I know that a lot of opposing teams take offense to the BYU Haka. It's a tradition that was started in honor of a BYU player's Maori father who passed away a couple of years ago.

Blitzkrieg
9/3/2009, 05:50 PM
Y because "Polygamy" wont fit on the helmet.

Hot Rod
9/3/2009, 05:51 PM

The ENTIRE nation? I bet there's a rebel amongst them somewhere.

OKLA21FAN
9/3/2009, 05:52 PM
Yeah, I'm really just hoping that the BYU Haka isn't BYU's only highlight of the game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYFTbVI3sOA

I know that a lot of opposing teams take offense to the BYU Haka. It's a tradition that was started in honor of a BYU player's Maori father who passed away a couple of years ago.

so BYU is very okie lite like and steals traditions from other schools? in this case, Hawai? :pop:

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 05:52 PM
Y because "Polygamy" wont fit on the helmet.

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 05:54 PM
so BYU is very okie lite like and steals traditions from other schools? in this case, Hawai? :pop:

It started at BYU before Hawaii.

You may not realize it, but a huge percentage of Polynesia is Mormon. Just look at the BYU roster and count the number of Polynesians.

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 05:54 PM

Z_UN_-ERgkI

OKLA21FAN
9/3/2009, 05:56 PM

You may not realize it, but a huge percentage of Polynesia is Mormon. Just look at the BYU roster and count the number of Polynesians.

so tells us all... when did hawaii start doing it, and when did BYU? ;)

Hot Rod
9/3/2009, 05:56 PM

#1, that's not very Mormon of you

#2, that's a spelling error

SoonerCoug
9/3/2009, 05:57 PM
#1, that's not very Mormon of you

#2, that's a spelling error

1) One of the main reasons Mormons get picked on is because they're too damn nice. Well I'm a Mormon agnostic, and so I figured I'd come fight the good fight for the rest of them.

2) It's not a spelling error.

Hot Rod
9/3/2009, 05:59 PM

Could you just have them raise their hands before kickoff on Saturday?

Hot Rod
9/3/2009, 06:01 PM
1) One of the main reasons Mormons get picked on is because they're too damn nice. Well I'm a Mormon agnostic, and so I figured I'd come fight the good fight for the rest of them.

2) It's not a spelling error.

Well, I hope they all thank you come Saturday. If not, tell them to come see me. I'll tell them for you!

SoonerAficionadOU
9/3/2009, 06:03 PM

I LOL'd.

instigator
9/3/2009, 06:11 PM

This is a TERRIBLE sign idea!

BoomerJ
9/3/2009, 07:16 PM
Airplane tickets = $500

Game tickets = $300

Enjoying Jerry's world with my wife/sister = Priceless!

Enjoying Jerry's world with all my wives = Priceless!

redhawk49
9/3/2009, 07:16 PM
Soonercoug-killing threads since '09!

Gresho Murford
9/3/2009, 07:56 PM
Right, so they have to use religion to generate enough hatred to "get up" for the game.

man you. just. don't. get it. its not about religion

tfoolry
9/3/2009, 09:27 PM
Don't make #93 mad or he'll:
Beat
You
Upside the head.

-that's all I got

Collier11
9/3/2009, 09:33 PM
Dumb Dumb, Dumb Dumb!

picasso
9/3/2009, 09:39 PM
We have the golden arm!

tfoolry
9/3/2009, 09:40 PM
Dumb Dumb, Dumb Dumb!

Tell that to #93. I'll be holding a beer at the game anyway; not a sign.

OKLA21FAN
9/3/2009, 09:52 PM

bring your 'fat' wallet :pop:

tfoolry
9/3/2009, 09:56 PM
I hope Jerry takes plastic.

soonerborn30
9/3/2009, 10:05 PM
Jerry'll take it any way he can get it.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/3/2009, 10:08 PM
oops

Collier11
9/3/2009, 10:09 PM

We talkin bout South Park, what you talkin bout :D

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 10:09 PM
This is what happens when both teams have ****ty offenses and defenses.

tfoolry
9/3/2009, 10:23 PM
We talkin bout South Park, what you talkin bout :D

I'm talkin bout seeing these boys beat some mormons up side the head!

http://www.imagechicken.com/uploads/1251594441009534700.jpg

Collier11
9/3/2009, 10:30 PM
Oh snap, Adrian Taylor is bringing a chain to the fight

CK Sooner
9/3/2009, 10:36 PM
Oh snap, Adrian Taylor is bringing a chain to the fight

That's Granger!

:D

47straight
9/4/2009, 12:42 AM
133 US 333 (1890)

Jello Biafra
9/4/2009, 09:10 AM
My only point was that I have degrees from both schools and can compare the two.

god bless you, give us your address and we'll send a fat-free vanilla latte. grande, of course.

Jello Biafra
9/4/2009, 09:12 AM

all i konw is by the time this game is going to be over, there will be a sign somewhere that says... the cougars eat at the Y...

Jello Biafra
9/4/2009, 09:13 AM
After we Kick their *** . Im gonna eat at the Y :hot:

bah demmit vet! you ruined my last post lol

Jello Biafra
9/4/2009, 09:16 AM

maybe we should bring little red out and start scalping peeps and shiite....

hey, we could reenact smith moving west and encountering injuns...

Jello Biafra
9/4/2009, 09:18 AM
ok ive watched...the haka....gay. very little difference between that and the macarana.

SoonerAficionadOU
9/4/2009, 11:49 AM
"They pull gospels out of a hat, but what about wins?"

Ok, still working on that one...there's something there, just can't get my finger on it...

badger
9/4/2009, 02:00 PM
Your sign will say two words:

FREE MIKE

It can include his picture and his number or if you want to be more specific, it can be "Free Mike Balogun," but this guy needs our support and the country needs to know that the NCAA is doing the WRONG thing.

Jokes against BYU and Mormons aside, a bunch of FREE MIKE signs in the crowd might have a better impact than sucking up to the network broadcasting the game or poking fun at a team that will be behind by 50 by halftime.

FREE MIKE!

SoonerAficionadOU
9/4/2009, 02:01 PM
Your sign will say two words:

FREE MIKE

It can include his picture and his number or if you want to be more specific, it can be "Free Mike Balogun," but this guy needs our support and the country needs to know that the NCAA is doing the WRONG thing.

Jokes against BYU and Mormons aside, a bunch of FREE MIKE signs in the crowd might have a better impact than sucking up to the network broadcasting the game or poking fun at a team that will be behind by 50 by halftime.

FREE MIKE!

I second that motion.

IronHorseSooner
9/4/2009, 02:04 PM
One one side put FREE MIKE, on the other put THE BOZ WAS RIGHT!

badger
9/4/2009, 02:11 PM
One one side put FREE MIKE, on the other put THE BOZ WAS RIGHT!

I like this idea even better. If NP hadn't probably already left for Dallas I would have made it for him :D