PDA

View Full Version : granger not in the 2-deep?

starclassic tama
9/1/2009, 07:50 PM
just saw this... depth chart thread isn't on the front page anymore so i don't feel like digging it up. is he hurt? lazy?

CK Sooner
9/1/2009, 07:52 PM
He is still coming off the back injury and his getting back to form. It will take him a few weeks to get in my opinion back to his old form. Should be good to go by the Texas game. He will play a few snaps every now and then though.

starclassic tama
9/1/2009, 08:03 PM
if he could stay healthy/not steal coats/play up to his potential that he shows flashes of, him and GK could be a frightening combo. lets go 96

LawtonBoy74
9/2/2009, 10:28 AM
Him being hurt might open up the door for big time freshman Jamarcus McFarland

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 10:30 AM
Him being hurt might open up the door for big time freshman Jamarcus McFarland

I would rather Granger get healthy, so he can redshirt.

Jello Biafra
9/2/2009, 10:36 AM
I would rather Granger get healthy, so he can redshirt.

bah...screw a redshirt....if he is as good as he has been reported, hes only going to be here for 2-3 years anyway. why not have him play as a freshman if he is a tommie harris type dt?

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 10:38 AM
bah...screw a redshirt....if he is as good as he has been reported, hes only going to be here for 2-3 years anyway. why not have him play as a freshman if he is a tommie harris type dt?

He is no where near what Tommie Harris was as a freshman.

LawtonBoy74
9/2/2009, 10:40 AM
no but he is good Stoops said hes ready to go... I mean if someone can help us this year I want them out there this year

Jello Biafra
9/2/2009, 10:41 AM
He is no where near what Tommie Harris was as a freshman.

6'2" 296 and reportedly is faster than all get out? how is he nowhere NEAR harris? strength is not the only factor you need when it comes to dline.

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 10:44 AM
All I was saying is if we don't need him and he won't get much playing time then my opinion would be to redshirt. Just because he has good size and is fast doesn't mean he is a good player. Jamarkus is good and I expect him to be our next great DT, but comparing him to Tommie Harris right NOW is rodonkulous.

IslandSooner
9/2/2009, 11:09 AM
I hope Granger makes it all the way back, if for no other reason than added depth. We always seem to loose somebody along the D-line at some point thru-out the season!!!!!

JLEW1818
9/2/2009, 11:11 AM
Harris - He is one of the very few players in OU history to start every game of his true freshman season.

that is saying a lot

LawtonBoy74
9/2/2009, 11:14 AM
Yea, didnt Tommie have 10 sacks his freshman year?? I'm too lazy to look it up

CaliBornSoonerBred
9/2/2009, 11:16 AM
I read earlier that Granger said he's about a month away from being ready to play and he and Stoops stated they didn't want to rush him back. Sorry, I'm posting from my phone and can't give a link. I think it was on the Oklahoman though.

Edit:I was able to copy the story
DeMarcus Granger "still a ways away” Stoops said DeMarcus Granger "is still a ways away” from being ready to make a significant impact in the defensive tackle rotation.

Granger is trying to return from back surgery he underwent last December. Granger admitted Tuesday that he’s probably still at least a month away from getting into the kind of shape that would allow him to contribute.

"I can’t rush anything; I’m not a magic healer,” Granger said. "I need more time. At least another month.

"My body just isn’t fully back used to the demand (of football) yet.”

JLEW1818
9/2/2009, 11:18 AM
that's fine with me... rest is good

pweitkem
9/2/2009, 11:19 AM
Tommie Harris, first play against North Carolina... busts through the line, tackle in the backfield, last time he was single teamed the rest of his OU career. If Jamarcus is half as good as Tommie was as a freshman he NEEDS to be on the field.

Animal Mother
9/2/2009, 11:35 AM
Put him on the field and put some pressure on the other team and Granger.

TMcGee86
9/2/2009, 11:52 AM
Stoops said DeMarcus Granger "is still a ways away” from being ready to make a significant impact in the defensive tackle rotation

Jesus! It's that bad? I hope someone notified his next of kin.

RIP DeMarcus, we hardly knew thee. :(

mikeelikee
9/2/2009, 11:54 AM
Tommie Harris, first play against North Carolina... busts through the line, tackle in the backfield, last time he was single teamed the rest of his OU career. If Jamarcus is half as good as Tommie was as a freshman he NEEDS to be on the field.

This.

I still remember that play. Tommie was special, indeed!

starclassic tama
9/3/2009, 01:32 PM
earth to this thread... the coaches watch mcfarland every day in practice, if he was ready to contribute he would be in the rotation. obviously he isn't ready yet, nothing wrong with that.

JLEW1818
9/3/2009, 01:39 PM
i heard Stoops is making Granger practice with a jacket on, every practice